Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,547 members, 7,948,101 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 01:59 PM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) - Satellite TV Technology (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) (443927 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (176) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Newtonn(m): 10:29am On May 15, 2011
Eltonluigi:

@Newtonn u can track both bird with circular(R/H) & linear polarity(V/H), all u need is to fix the dieletric plate in the throat of the lnb in a 10 o'clock(45 degree) position then push(tweak) the lnb inside the lnb holder(scalar ring) a little almost halfway so that the vertical signal from linear satelite can reach the lnbf from the focal point of your antenna, then try switching d polarity in your receiver and see!

@Eltonluigi, 10 o'clock(45 degree) or 2 o'clock(45 degree) how will i archive this?
kindly post the pics of ur own.
thks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by swordswifter: 10:44am On May 15, 2011
mwarawaa:

Hi folks, am away on assignment missing my 69z so much. I,ve stumbled on biss key for aljazeera@36e eutelsat w7. Google it and confirm if it works.
1fff --- ,
Hi mwarawaa,
It doesn't work.For a biss key to work it has to be attached to the Tp and channel from which it was extracted.In this case,the Tp 12.620(v)/2.894 seems not to be available here.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by mwarawaa(m): 11:11am On May 15, 2011
Thanks sword for the swift reply. Me thinks its not african beam. Any way research still ongoing and more updates soon. Thankyou.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Farwee(m): 11:14am On May 15, 2011
d rain @ my end affected d signal of my NILESAT and i woke up dis morning to work on it which i have done, after about an hour i discover dt all d TP dt is HORIZONTAL (H) turn red and V are green. what could have been d cause and what is d solution. 10Q
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ilish(m): 12:50pm On May 15, 2011
mwarawaa:

Thanks sword for the swift reply. Me thinks its not african beam. Any way research still ongoing and more updates soon. Thankyou.
I tried but no results.Its not an African bean indeed.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Femwal: 12:57pm On May 15, 2011
What types of lnbf do u uses 4 dat nilesat and size of dish
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Farwee(m): 1:09pm On May 15, 2011
i use ECHOSAT HD with 4M dish
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Newtonn(m): 1:39pm On May 15, 2011
friends happy sunday to u all
please how can contact ADEWEST.
who knows his mail or mobile numbers.
thks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nobody: 2:22pm On May 15, 2011
hello all.i just came bac after two days to find out i cant put on my strong69xii, i heard den after there was serious lightnin around d period i left.i opened d decoder nd its in good order, notin burnt at all, am confused, wht do i do, i stay in onitsha, i just used it for jst a month
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Newtonn(m): 2:33pm On May 15, 2011
Justtobor:

hello all.i just came bac after two days to find out i cant put on my strong69xii, i heard den after there was serious lightnin around d period i left.i opened d decoder nd its in good order, notin burnt at all, am confused, wht do i do, i stay in onitsha, i just used it for jst a month

RETURN IT BACK TO SELLER, AND THEY WILL REPAIR IT FOR YOU, IF IT'S NOT HIGH CURRENT THAT SPOIL IT.
THKS
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nikuchi: 9:44pm On May 15, 2011
Guys pls help me out i was just upgrading my strong srt 4669x receiver with a flash drive from software version 1.05p to 1.30p & immediately after the upgrade was successful,the receiver refused to start up.immediately it showed successfully completed i switched it off & on from the back but refused to startup it will only blink & go off immediately & it is not this - - - - sign that will show something like 4 digit numbers & go off.pls note that the flash drive is virus free because i am also using it to upgrade receiver only and i've upgraded my neighbour's srt 4669xii with it before i did mine all today.

1 Like

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Newtonn(m): 9:52pm On May 15, 2011
Nikuchi:

Guys pls help me out i was just upgrading my strong srt 4669x receiver with a flash drive from software version 1.05p to 1.30p & immediately after the upgrade was successful,the receiver refused to start up.immediately it showed successfully completed i switched it off & on from the back but refused to startup it will only blink & go off immediately & it is not this - - - - sign that will show something like 4 digit numbers & go off.pls note that the flash drive is virus free because i am also using it to upgrade receiver only and i've upgraded my neighbour's srt 4669xii with it before i did mine all today.

@Nikuchi,
the mistake u did is that you are upgrading from 1.05p to 1.30p which the range is too high, next time if you have to do upgrading, you upgrading little by little i mean from 1.05p to 1.10p so on and so fort.
to solve the issue on grand; look for a working one(4669x) connect both of them together with RS232 cable and transfer that working firmware to dead one.
thks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Newtonn(m): 9:58pm On May 15, 2011

guys checked the movement of both dish Azimuth/Elevation
thks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by life707: 11:11pm On May 15, 2011
Farwee:

d rain @ my end affected d signal of my NILESAT and i woke up dis morning to work on it which i have done, after about an hour i discover dt all d TP dt is HORIZONTAL (H) turn red and V are green. what could have been d cause and what is d solution. 10Q

You have to buy another Lnbf coz the present one has been bridged & so only one polarity can work at any given time i.e if u skew it some more the H
will turn green while the V will become red.

I have several pauxis prime focus Lnbfs with similar problems during raining season in the past but since changing to fuji Lnb close to 4years now,that problem is history.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by bomboyi(m): 7:11am On May 16, 2011
Newtonn:

@Nikuchi,
the mistake u did is that you are upgrading from 1.05p to 1.30p which the range is too high, next time if you have to do upgrading, you upgrading little by little i mean from 1.05p to 1.10p so on and so fort.
to solve the issue on grand; look for a working one(4669x) connect both of them together with RS232 cable and transfer that working firmware to dead one.
thks
Nikuchi:

Next time always allow the decoder to go off by it self and boot
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by dmote(m): 8:11am On May 16, 2011
gud morning my pple in d house,pls i nail badr5 ytday with 90cm dish but all d channel is showing $ pls does anyone know d viaccess code and d procedure pls send it to my email-kunlefadairo76@yahoo.com
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ameboperoo(m): 9:32am On May 16, 2011
@all. Somebody should please confirm if NTA is still receivable on any sat in Nigeria. I've tried all listed on Lyngsat but no result.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by zoboizee: 10:48am On May 16, 2011
bomboyi:

Next time always allow the decoder to go off by it self and boot
U re ryt my brother.it wasn't the range but allowing the decoder to do auto power on.
it's like loading windows on ur computer and u pull off the plug.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ellahdarrell(m): 10:55am On May 16, 2011
is 2M tv on C OR KU BAND?. PLZ HELP ME OUT WIT DA FREQ, , SM RATE, DISH SIZE AND OBITAL LOCATION @ALL
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ameboperoo(m): 12:02pm On May 16, 2011
Ellahdarrell:

is 2M tv on C OR KU BAND?. PLZ HELP ME OUT WIT DA FREQ, , SM RATE, DISH SIZE AND OBITAL LOCATION @ALL
@ Ellahdarell. 2M is on Eutelsat W6 at 21.6°E. It is on ku band with this frequency 11669V2480. U need @ least 90cm dish to track it.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by lovala(m): 12:14pm On May 16, 2011
Guys pls help me out i was just upgrading my strong srt 4669x receiver with a flash drive from software version 1.05p to 1.30p & immediately after the upgrade was successful,the receiver refused to start up.immediately it showed successfully completed i switched it off & on from the back  but refused to startup it will only blink & go off immediately & it is not this - - - - sign that will show something like 4 digit numbers & go off.pls note that the flash drive is virus free because i am also using it to upgrade receiver only and i've upgraded my neighbour's srt 4669xii with it before i did mine all today.

@Nikuchi:
use a PC to redo the update all over and if it doesn't work then go the box to box transfer to see how it works out. Alloy the box to reboot on its own o. Don't bridge the process in any way, else na wahala u dey find fo ya sef.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by omokoaustine(m): 12:41pm On May 16, 2011
Ameboperoo:

@ Ellahdarell. 2M is on Eutelsat W6 at 21.6°E. It is on ku band with this frequency 11669V2480. U need @ least 90cm dish to track it.
are u sure it is wit 90cm because i have tried and tried with my 1.8m dish but good result. My location is abk delta state
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Sensicut(m): 1:00pm On May 16, 2011
2m stating frm 90cm u ar gud go
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Sensicut(m): 1:01pm On May 16, 2011
2m stating frm 90cm u ar gud to go
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by segunfms(m): 2:16pm On May 16, 2011
11900 and 12054 tp on dstv free enjoy,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by segunfms(m): 2:20pm On May 16, 2011
scramble now.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Yinka4dad(m): 2:25pm On May 16, 2011
U r rte?Cus i chkd it imd8tlz u post it

segunfms:

11900 and 12054 tp on dstv free enjoy,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Yinka4dad(m): 2:30pm On May 16, 2011
Plz gv me d statns&r dey english spken 1
Sensicut:

2m stating frm 90cm u ar gud to go
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Eltonluigi(m): 2:39pm On May 16, 2011
Newtonn:

@Eltonluigi,
how will i no its facing 2 o'clock (45 degree)?
can u help with foto of that.
thks
you can follow the link below
http://www.photo-banking.com/photo/show/74/how-to-make-converters-of-circular-polarization-by-your-own-hands-at-home-the-internal-structure-of-the-circular-satellite-converter/
i hope u'll get a graphic details on how to track linear and circular sats with a single c.band lnb!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by akinis09: 4:07pm On May 16, 2011
Nikuchi:

guy wich site did u download d patch 4rm?if its 4rm wizkid,u av 2 note dat wizkid patch ar zip file,so u av 2 unzip it b4 uploadin it 2 ur box,failin 2 do so wil result 2 fryin of decoder .
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Sunsat(m): 7:18pm On May 16, 2011
I think the best thing for newbies here is to read past post from atleast season 2 so to enable them minimize some question which has treated by expert
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nikuchi: 8:54pm On May 16, 2011
I've tried it from pc to receiver & receiver to receiver but both did not work please what next can i do ? Help me

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (176)

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA / FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.