Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,213 members, 7,887,577 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 10:50 AM

#OPINION : Does Marriage Even Make Sense Anymore? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / #OPINION : Does Marriage Even Make Sense Anymore? (11075 Views)

Does Marriage Really Cure Loneliness? / Does Marriage Really Worth It? / Here's 3 Ways You Can Save Your Marriage Even When It Seems Hopeless (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #OPINION : Does Marriage Even Make Sense Anymore? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Oct 23, 2018
crackhaus:

I have a friend looking for a baby mama - cute guy, good job, well settled and not interested in marriage.
You won't be a wife, you won't bear his name, just birthing the kid(s) will do and of course placing you on an upkeep with joint custody. You interested?

We need more girls like you honestly. cheesy

This is an insult on her "person".
Re: #OPINION : Does Marriage Even Make Sense Anymore? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Oct 23, 2018
bukatyne:

The whole marriage system is actually for men.

While we agree that men gain more from marriage we can as well agree that women need marriage more than men need marriage.
Re: #OPINION : Does Marriage Even Make Sense Anymore? by crackhaus: 8:45pm On Oct 24, 2018
Elder0001:

That was a proposition, not an insult in any way, shape, or form...and honestly, for someone who seems to have no desire for marriage, I think Christmas just came early.
Re: #OPINION : Does Marriage Even Make Sense Anymore? by Rubbiish(m): 9:59am On Oct 25, 2018
Elder0001:

Not an insult at all considering her views.
Re: #OPINION : Does Marriage Even Make Sense Anymore? by MMotimo: 5:37am On Oct 27, 2018
UjuJoan2:

So you want your own sister, with a salary of 90k to marry a poor man?

Why will a poor man even consider getting married, if not for the entitlement mentality of Nigerian men. You want a wife who will cater for your needs and bear your children, you want a family where you will be the 'head', you want to be considered successful by joining your peers to start a family . . . And yet you don't have the financial resources REQUIRED to support the family. Does that even make any sense to you?

I absolutely love the comment about entitlement mentality. A man feels he's entitled to a wife. A woman feels she's entitled to children even though neither of them has the financial capacity and voila! Another poor family unit is born into the economy! Then real and imagined enemies get the blame for their struggles whereas simple arithmetic would have shown the way.
Re: #OPINION : Does Marriage Even Make Sense Anymore? by crackhaus: 8:04am On Oct 30, 2018
Rubbiish:

Not an insult at all considering her views.
And I'm still waiting for a response. Miss I-dont-care about marriage suddenly disappeared after reading the mention.

Na wah for all these NL girls wey dey like to talk through their teeth.
Re: #OPINION : Does Marriage Even Make Sense Anymore? by Rubbiish(m): 8:50am On Oct 30, 2018
crackhaus:

And I'm still waiting for a response. Miss I-dont-care about marriage suddenly disappeared after reading the mention.

Na wah for all these NL girls wey dey like to talk through their teeth.
Lol...honestly..
They just come online to deceive gullible ones..They are quite different from what they exhibit here offline.
Re: #OPINION : Does Marriage Even Make Sense Anymore? by crackhaus: 9:20am On Oct 30, 2018
Rubbiish:

Lol...honestly..
They just come online to deceive gullible ones..They are quite different from what they exhibit here offline.
Very different, I see them every day.
Re: #OPINION : Does Marriage Even Make Sense Anymore? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Nov 02, 2018
More views
Re: #OPINION : Does Marriage Even Make Sense Anymore? by Nobody: 12:40am On Feb 08, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: #OPINION : Does Marriage Even Make Sense Anymore? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Nov 12, 2019
1year later I think this topic deserve to be on front page

@lalasticlala Dominique toks2008 mynd44

1 Like

Re: #OPINION : Does Marriage Even Make Sense Anymore? by Toks2008(m): 6:30pm On Nov 12, 2019
Elder0001:
1year later I think this topic deserve to be on front page

@lalasticlala Dominique toks2008 mynd44

It is because ladies have misplaced their priorities in a marriage.

https://www.nairaland.com/5492915/present-day-woman-misplaced-priority-marriage

1 Like

Re: #OPINION : Does Marriage Even Make Sense Anymore? by Toseenlove: 11:37am On Apr 11, 2020
CHoccolaTE:

Keep lying to yourself.
What exactly do women gain?
Men gain a wife that bears children that carry his family name.
In misogynistic societies like Nigeria he has basically gotten himself a slave that must submit and obey him. His word is law whether wife likes it or not.
He can cheat and marriage continues.
All he needs to do is go to work and come back, and provide any little he can, society expects women to also provide and do 80% of all that holds a marriage.
Do you know how many women gave up their dreams to get married and bear kids because society expects them to be married at a certain age?

Stop making silly comments because you want me to prolong your thread with replies.

Hmmm In as much as you are right, I think that was then, the time of our fore fathers and grand fathers. Things have really changed a lot now
Re: #OPINION : Does Marriage Even Make Sense Anymore? by Toseenlove: 11:50am On Apr 11, 2020
dominique:

Wrong! Most women remain in miserable marriages not because of any spectacular gain other than being addressed as a Mrs. They know how unkind the society is to single mothers and divorcess that they'd rather stay back and face the abuse than the stigma. Men are expected to make money before marriage, that's all. No one mounts pressure on him to act in certain ways to please his wife.

Hmmm and what If he doesn't make that damn money, You know this kind of situation Is hell on earth. Besides, Is the money even easy to make? Many men have ended up been killed or In prisons or between life and death all In the bid of wanting to Impress the society and their Women...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Does ultrasound scan gives 100% result on foetus(baby's) sex? / The Mortal Body: Story Of My Child And Grand Mum / First Son Named After Wife's First Love.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.