Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,353 members, 7,888,121 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:57 PM

Which Way Nlng? - Jobs/Vacancies (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which Way Nlng? (212585 Views)

GMAT BOOKS,NLNG,DRAGNET,SHL,SHELL,EDITABLE RESUME TEMPLATES,RESUME MAKER PRO(PC) / Careers At Nlng Recruitment Of Graduate Trainees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Way Nlng? by tombri: 11:42am On Nov 26, 2007
@ Everyone

Good morning to you all. Hope you had a wonderful and relaxing weekend. Welcome to a new week.

@ Kuwena

We are what we think of ourselves. The one true God is Ever Supreme and CANNOT be compared to anything. Whatever happens to His own is with His knowlegde. God in His holy book made us to know that we shall (confirmed) face adversities and persecution in different ways; but that we should REJOICE for HE has overcome them all. In Matthew, He asked us to come to Him all who are troubled and heavy laddened for He will give us rest. the world is filled with ills and disappointments but we can surmount all in HIM that has conquered 'ALL'.

I can neither change your belief nor your resolve but just remember always that GOD has a reason for everything that happens and a purpose for you. Above all, He Loves you immensely and why John 3:16.

God exists and 'ALL' - on earth, above and beneath are ansewrable to HIM.

I believe everybody have not really had it rosy all through life so far. we have been faced with one problem or the other at different times but for those that held their breath in the good Lord, victory is theirs.

I cannot start stating my experiences in life because I know no matter how bad it's been, another persons own would be more severe.
KUWENA, YOU SHOULD BE GRATEFUL TO GOD IN ALL YOU DO FOR HE HAS BEEN THERE FOR YOU ALL THESE WHILE.

Yes, I got my letter from NLNG but I have had my share of disappointments concerning employments.

After graduation, I wrote tests for Mobil, Shell, Elf, Chevron and got none. Am not a dummy. I graduated in top ban 1% in my set and always belived once i write an employement test i will sail through. But God knew the best. I felt bad initially but handed everything to HIM believing HE is the Arthur and Finisher of my life. You are very young and the future is bright.

Believe it or not, it is well.

I wish you the best and pray God to have mercy and 'ARREST' you for HIS purpose.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by RobbieLex: 11:51am On Nov 26, 2007
Sorry if i sound really harsh or mean, considering i did not go through the NLNG plight, but i think KUWENA is the most selfish person i have ever met, and i can tell you i have met alot of selfish people, i actually had an eyebrow raised when i read your last post (which i do on rare occasions considering how difficult it is to raise one eyebrow at a time) and when i was done i just smiled,

i just want to say goodluck on your anti religion journey, i hope you enjoy yourself, but i think before you begin to browse through your list of new religious  textbooks you need to study the bible a little bit more and understand it,

If because of NLNG you have chosen to renounce Jesus then i guess you never really knew him in the first place, you probably thought he was a magician,

Sorry if thats what you thought then you definitely got the wrong guy,  Jesus is not someone from a fairytale; someone who would puff all your problems away and make sure you live happily ever after on earth, Jesus never promised us a bed of roses, but he promised us that he'll be there with us through the holy spirit when times get rough and most importantly he promised us eternal life, i mean thats like the basis of Christianity everyother thing you seek on earth is just a means to an end,

You sit there with your intercontinental job saying " God has not done any thing for me", but what have you done for God? People your age and younger are in remote parts of the world preaching and winning souls for Christ, people like you get killed for Jesus daily, you need to listen to their stories,
do you know how some of the disciples died? do you know how many people have died so you can even open your mouth to praise God to mention even hold a bible in your arms, (sorry to say this but you remind me of a five year old child throwing a tantrum, my mother always says ignore him, he's just seeking attention)

i advise while you do your new religious research you research and study psalm 23 the psalm we recite morning and night and take for granted,

Jesus is not looking for spectators, people who are after what they can get from him he wants soldiers, people who will not defect the minute the battle gets tough, people who love him for who he is,

Please Kuwena do me a favour and stop posting these silly annoying  things here,i have always enjoyed this thread especially early in the morning and i think God used you to start this thread to inspire people, sadly you have chosen not to finish what you started, does that story sound familiar so many people started out right with God and ended up falling, the question is how long will  you stay down? that is entirely your choice,

How does God put up with us? i find myself asking sometimes, Kuwena whatever you do or say he'll still forgive you thats why he is your father and not me, if you were my son!!!!! i dunno what i would i have done to you, but pleaseeeeeeee even if you don't want to continue in the race do not and i beg you put out the fire you started in the lives of others,
Re: Which Way Nlng? by ratiken(m): 12:11pm On Nov 26, 2007
@ Kuwena
Anti-Religion abi, Devil dey wait u with both hands to sniff out that small life wey u still dey plan for.

Anti Religion- I've been there, NLNG- I've worked there, USA - I've not been there though my siblings are there

So watz this ur fuzz about. Just grow up and stop spoiling people's day.

THERE IS NOTHING IS THIS LIFE, VANITY UPON VANITY IS VANITY
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pgm(m): 1:28pm On Nov 26, 2007
good morning, or rather afternoon peeps,

that should suffice for courtesy and before i get distracted by kuwena's whinning. . . .

@thought,

pray, tell us. what is this plan A for which somebody gave up his NLNG offer? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed smiley
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease and pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by tombri: 1:40pm On Nov 26, 2007
@ All

I think Kuwena is becoming a 'DISTRACTION'

@ Thought

Please, kindly let your peeps know this plan 'A'. I might adopt if it suits pleeeeeeeeease!!!!!!!

@ Wandel, PGM, Kenosky, Aniffy

Any update from NLNG??

Cheers folks
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pgm(m): 2:37pm On Nov 26, 2007
tombri:

@ All

I think Kuwena is becoming a 'DISTRACTION'

i quite agree with u but only on one hand. on the other hand, the response he generates with those posts are just short of phenomenal shocked shocked. i visited this thread on saturday, saw the dearth of new posts, shook my head sad sad and continued with other concerns. u can just imagine my glee when i peeped only to find that the page is into the seventieth shocked. i could proffer few other reasons than a kuwena post and rightly so cool.

the downside was that the guy flattered to deceive. he, in fact, disappointed sad sad sad lipsrsealed. i actually thought he was out to explain that he had overcome his earlier hysteria and was sorry to God and to fellow peeps for that post. And so i kept thinking even after reading the first few lines where he was talking of "growth." Little did i know he was talking of anything but growth!!!

in fact Kuwena reminded me of the sayings of someone who said that "there are two kinds of increase, either by growing or by swelling." I think I know what he meant by "growth" and I still hope he will come to and realise that "God is God and man is is just what he is called- mortal man."

i think we should remember him in our prayers wink wink wink while still admonishing him angry. i don't think he's lost yet . Methinks his r just the sentiments we all feel in the immediate aftermath of disappointments especially when we r so young, only they don't usually last for so long, not days nor weeks and getting worse as in Kuwena's case. Chei!

God be with him!!!!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pgm(m): 2:40pm On Nov 26, 2007
welcome back @thought,

missed u
Re: Which Way Nlng? by tombri: 2:46pm On Nov 26, 2007
@ Pgm

You are correct. Let's remember him in our prayers. God knows best how to handle such issues.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by tombri: 3:11pm On Nov 26, 2007
@ All

How has your day been

When is the likelihood of start-up with nlng call it curiousity, yes i am.

cheers folks
Re: Which Way Nlng? by uchetobi(f): 3:41pm On Nov 26, 2007
Iv been following dis NLNG hopeful thread, not because I wrote the test or am looking for a job. Just to see what intelligent people have to say. Well congrats to those that made it, but this post is for Kwena, men am disappointed at u, do u knw the plan of God for ur life? God sees what u cant see. At least u r lucky u hv intercontinental, what of people that have nothing, u c when I was in skl, I had 2 switch courses, from computer science to something else, I really felt bad, my parents felt bad, a lot of emotional trauma, but I determined to make a 2.1, worked hard for it, made it (praise God)! Today I have a better job than a lot of pple that read the computer science self. One guy in the computer science dept made first class and died on his way back from graduation (RIP brother). What use is his degree? When u are alive there is hope, u have more than one reason to thank God brother, don’t be ungrateful! U just finished service, 4u 2 have gone dis far in d recruitment process means u are smart. The world is at ur feet, u r just starting ur life, y are u so impatient and in a hurry. Brother MONEY COMMETH!!! relax, look critically and u’l see God’s blessings are 2 numerous 2 count
Re: Which Way Nlng? by tombri: 4:02pm On Nov 26, 2007
@ Uchetobi

I wish Kuwena would read one of our posts and take heed.

All these admonishment is enough for one who wants to have a rethink. But one thing no one can take from Kuwena is his ability to bring back so many folks to this thread through his post. Kudos to you Kuwena.

Kuwena is indeed a great man!!!!!!! grin
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pgm(m): 4:31pm On Nov 26, 2007
tombri:

@ Wandel, PGM, Kenosky, Aniffy

Any update from NLNG??

Cheers folks
@tombri
do u feel wot i feel? this phase of waiting btw medicals and employment leta/assumption of duty seems to be more nerve-racking than the previous. Seems to be due to the fact that i didn't give it so much thought that i will pass the assessment centre stage, no thanks to the quality of candidates also vying for same unlike the case now with the assurance much greater.

if u feel me, holla back!

stay cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by wandel(m): 5:05pm On Nov 26, 2007
Hi,

@ tombri

I hear resumption is January but like I said earlier you could resume later. They understand you are currently employed and would need time to leave present employment
Re: Which Way Nlng? by tombri: 5:55pm On Nov 26, 2007
@ Pgm

I feel you seriously. I have been trying to hold back myself and submerge my almost exploding anxiety in my curiousity.

o boi this waiting period is really nerve-wrecking.

just as you rightly said, i neva gave it much though after the assessment centre only to be favoured by the Most High out of all the better qualified and far most intellectuals i met.

@ Wandel

thanks for the info. January won't be bad at all. but they need to get us informed in december to get prepared and info our respective orgs.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pgm(m): 7:49pm On Nov 26, 2007
tombri:

@ Pgm

I feel you seriously. I have been trying to hold back myself and submerge my almost exploding anxiety in my curiousity.

o boi this waiting period is really nerve-wrecking.

bros, na sooó,

no be small thing oó tongue tongue,

"no be small easy something." smiley wink

G'nite all
Re: Which Way Nlng? by tombri: 6:45am On Nov 27, 2007
@ All

Good morning peeps. Hope you guys had a great night.

Just to holla and wish you a wonderful day.

Cheers. smiley cool
Re: Which Way Nlng? by biolabee(m): 7:53am On Nov 27, 2007
@all

Many are the thoughts of a man, but only the Lord's counsel, that shall stand
I think we should all inour in thoughts and prayers remember Kuwena, he would surely overcome
So let us not castigate or abuse him, remember the shepherd and the lost sheep
The shepherd goes out to find the sheep and bring him home
So lets not write him off
Re: Which Way Nlng? by wandel(m): 8:22am On Nov 27, 2007
@ all

A lovely morning to you.

This is just to wish you a lovely day.

Miss opoks, wonder where he is right now.

Have a great day peeps
Re: Which Way Nlng? by skeelo: 9:06am On Nov 27, 2007
[size=18pt]GUD MORNING NAIRALANDRS. WISH U A BLISSFUL DAY[/size] cool shocked wink smiley
Re: Which Way Nlng? by tombri: 1:09pm On Nov 27, 2007
hello guys, must be under as i am.

hope all are doing great??

opoks 'n' odas, wia u guys dey
Re: Which Way Nlng? by tombri: 4:48pm On Nov 27, 2007
@ All

What a dull day it's been on this thread.

Hope this isn't having a slow and natural death.

Cheers folks.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by wandel(m): 5:04pm On Nov 27, 2007
@ everyone

Talk of being under, I sure experienced 'it' today.

Getting set to go home after a hard day's work.

Tomorrow brings better days.

@ tombri

In case you wish to beep me, my number is 08034295137
Would like to have yours.

On units department, does anyone have information on the allocation or what determines where we end up in. For moi, I am guessing HR, Admin or Finance cos' of my discipline;Economics
Re: Which Way Nlng? by aniffy4eva(m): 12:43am On Nov 28, 2007
@ People

Hi Guys! Well it seems that this thread is about to go under. undecided, Most of the regular posters have quit the game and moved on.

Anyways, i think we have a new regular in our midst, grin, tombri,

So, tombri, the stage is yours, grin grin

Cheers everyone! wink
Re: Which Way Nlng? by tombri: 7:17am On Nov 28, 2007
@ All

Ahearty Good morning to you all. Hope the night was calm and peaceful. Thank God for a new and beautiful day.

@ Aniffy

Unfortunately, the stage isn't mine but yours as one of the pioneer members of this thread grin shocked

hope you are doing great and waiting to relish the nlng experience.

cheers folks.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by tombri: 7:26am On Nov 28, 2007
@ All

Ahearty Good morning to you all. Hope the night was calm and peaceful. Thank God for a new and beautiful day.

@ Aniffy

Unfortunately, the stage isn't mine but yours as one of the pioneer members of this thread  grin shocked

hope you are doing great and waiting to relish the nlng experience.

@ Wandel

I wouldn't know the allocation per units but all would likely be properly posted based on discipline and strenght. being trainee position we would be adequately prepared for the tasks ahead.

Any info on when nlng would start calling or sending final letters?

cheers folks.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pgm(m): 8:09am On Nov 28, 2007
gud morning all,

@tombri

i think i concur with aniffy, u b the "godfather" as we say here. u av our support! av a lovely day
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 8:32am On Nov 28, 2007
aniffy4eva:

@ People

Hi Guys! Well it seems that this thread is about to go under. undecided, Most of the regular posters have quit the game and moved on.

Anyways, i think we have a new regular in our midst, grin, tombri,

So, tombri, the stage is yours, grin grin

Cheers everyone! wink

Well deserved!

Tombri, kindly take over while Opoks! goes on a long recess in search of other interests & 'lands' to conquer

But I am solidly behind you! if you can sustain it with your new team.

@All

PLEASE GIVE HIM ALL YOUR SUPPORT AND CO-OPERATION! 'CAUSE ONE TREE DOES NOT MAKE A FOREST.

Opoks! is behind you.

Cheers All! wink
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pgm(m): 10:37am On Nov 28, 2007
Memoirs

adrianic link=topic=48041.msg1191 :

opoks,

it was beginning to look as if euphoria is trying to convince those peeps to travel abroad for their masters so an easier route would be created into nlng.na smart guy d guy be o.

if only hin know as kuwena eye dey chuk.

i must correct this impression that foreign schools are the bomb.i would be stupid to deny the fact that quite a number of schools abroad are solid,but we must not forget the fact that there are some backyard universities abroad too.

i feel i am in a position to say this because i have had the privilege of attending an institution with a great number of these guys.

while at the law school,we had over 30 universities represented and i happened to be secretary general of the student body.i had great interaction with these guys.some were spectacular,some were what the ibos would call 'itiboribo".

so this blanket praise of foreign institutions is appalling,to say the least.

much as a number of our nigerian universities are substandard,i have come across many naija grads who can hold their own anywhere in the world

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
this is sure one of the funniest things i heard (or read!) in this thread!!!

pity non-igbos may not easily appreciate what i mean. adrianny, hope u remember this!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 10:46am On Nov 28, 2007
Hello All!

I have finally known my fate.

Moments after my last post, around 9:58am this morning, I had a call from a former neighbour; that the much anticipated NLNG letter has finally arrived shocked

He asked whether he should keep it for me till I come around, I declined; demanding he opened it and tell me what the content says. I gave him time to do that while I continued with my job.

Moments later, I called him back and he read the contents for me.

The long and short of it is that I am not successful.

I thanked him and asked him to keep the letter with him till I come over in the weekend to pick it up.

Then I continued with my job.

I felt I owed it to the thread to communicate this recent development to the House OPOKS! WAS HERE! grin

I also want to use this opportunity to congratulate my peeps who made it; Kenosky, Wandel, pgm, Skeelo, tombri, Adeiza_Jay, Kenosym, Biolabee, annify4eva, .  .  . Who am I missing?

I also want to thank you all for making my time on 'Which Way NLNG?'

I want to say a 'Big' shout out to all those who were not in the race but contributed, those that merely watched, those who are still watching, the NLNG 'non-successfuls' like me and even some NLNG staff who read this thread. My time on this thread was a big fun!

I regret none of it.

To the 'non-successfuls' like me, I want to say that it is not what happens to you that determine who you are at the core!

it is what you do with what happens to you that determines who you are and the stuff you are made of!

I go after my other 'Dreams' like nothing happened, Giving God the Glory! and taking with me, peeps I have never seen but experienced on this thread.

This thread was my home! And I love you all kiss kiss kiss

I am still very much around but I take the back seat now.

And allow peeps flex their talents.

GOD BE WITH YOU ALL! wink

1 Like

Re: Which Way Nlng? by pgm(m): 10:58am On Nov 28, 2007
Memoirs

opokonwa link=topic=48041.msg808#msg808:

Adrianic again,

I had left this page after my first response to you, only to return and found further seven postings from you, most of them diatribes still at my person.

I really appreciate your insults.  

You also went to various lengths to portray where everyone else is working, what degrees they possess and all that . My guy, you didn't need to go through all that length to defend your position. You sounded like the 'Chief of Defense Staff' for thiz thread. . .      

funny enough the name was accepted even in times of peace by adrianny himself.

hello CDS, r u there? undecided
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pgm(m): 11:26am On Nov 28, 2007
@opoks
after speaking with u last night i just got the more convinced that your future is very bright and colourful á la kuwena.

u av it well thought out and with God on your side success, joy and fulfillment are in stock.

these are my wishes for u and also for moi.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by wandel(m): 12:42pm On Nov 28, 2007
@ opoks,

I celebrate you. You are great and nothing can ever stop you from reaching the heights you set except maybe yourself

I hope someday I could meet you in person like I will Kuwena this weekend when I go to Ofada.

God be with you to and exhalt your horn like that of the unicorn all the days of your life

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (152) (Reply)

The Nigerian Navy Screening List (NNBTS Training) Batch-23/24 / Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 / Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.