Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,574 members, 7,921,200 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 07:35 PM

Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup (20825 Views)

U-17 World Cup: Nigeria Vs USA (2 - 0) On 17th October 2015 / Nigeria Vs USA : Women's World Cup ( 0 - 1) On 17th July 2015 / Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by KMVBO(m): 1:27pm On Jul 25, 2010
Up Nigeria and shame on all the despondents
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by sandee575(f): 1:28pm On Jul 25, 2010
Re: USA Vs Nigeria @ Women's U-20 World Cup (10:30am)
« #54 on: Today at 11:30:21 AM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lets hope the coach can raise their confidence during the break.
With more confidence they will surprise USA

I said it
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by detruth: 1:29pm On Jul 25, 2010
Nigeria to meet Colombia next in the semi finals! At least we have two matches to go!
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by Princek12(m): 1:31pm On Jul 25, 2010
na_so:

wetin u smoke? Na president you dey call foolish? dem no train you for house?

what makes you think  it would not have been the same Sani lulu jamboree where the girls would have left in the first round had it not been for jonathan's wake-up call?

Jonathan practically wanted to withdraw the girls from the tournament couple of days before it started. The team has the same coaching staff pre and post Lulu; nothing has changed, so their success is not attributable to Lulu's exit. And yes, I can call the president a fool if he acts foolish, just like his foolish decision to punish all the soccer teams because of the activities of a few people and one team.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by ayo84(m): 1:31pm On Jul 25, 2010
congratulations to naija, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i still preferred the USA team
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by ProAnti: 1:35pm On Jul 25, 2010
@Seun,

Freedom to express opinions is a fundamental human right but I can't believe you of all people will be the first to write off the Nigerian ladies.
Why did you start Nairaland if you don't believe in the Nigerian spirit?

Against all odds, the girls have made us proud.

keep it up FALCONETS.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by KMVBO(m): 1:36pm On Jul 25, 2010
@ Na so. This shows that you lack morals and home training and you should be ban from this forum. Moderator note
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by osamaobama: 1:37pm On Jul 25, 2010
@SEUN

SHAME ON YOU FOR SAYING SUCH NASTY THING ABT THE FALCONET
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by naso2(m): 1:37pm On Jul 25, 2010
Princek12:

Jonathan practically wanted to withdraw the girls from the tournament couple of days before it started. The team has the same coaching staff pre and post Lulu; nothing has changed, so their success is not attributable to Lulu's exit. And yes, I can call the president a fool if he acts foolish, just like his foolish decision to punish all the soccer teams because of the activities of a few people and one team.

Oh dis time its the coaching staff and not the NFF?
maigari who heads the NFF now is a government appointee. If fifa does not see this as govt interference, then i think they have updated the meaning of interference  in their books.

With jonathan's initial action, there is now mutual respect between fifa and the nigerian govt and fifa now know we are a peculiar people. So the initial pronouncement and subsequent reversal all helped to achieve the desired change. It was not a foolish move.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by detruth: 1:38pm On Jul 25, 2010
Princek12:

, imagine that foolish Jonathan would have prevented this beautiful moment from happening.

Someone seems to lack proper home training here! Such a public demonstration depicts how they address their parents at home. What a statement! Moderator!!! where is your whip? Awon omo alaileko gbogbo! Aburo Yabuku! Omo iya Keita!
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by naso2(m): 1:39pm On Jul 25, 2010
KMVBO:

@ Na so. This shows that you lack morals and home training and you should be ban from this forum. Moderator note

What have i done wrong, young man?
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by Akainzo(m): 1:48pm On Jul 25, 2010
detruth:

Someone seems to lack proper home training here! Such a public demonstration depicts how they address their parents at home. What a statement! Moderator!!! where is your whip? Awon omo alaileko gbogbo! Aburo Yabuku! Omo iya Keita!

KMVBO:

You guys better get a life. If you are still living in the past, then stay there and don't get connected to the internet nor use a public forum. The freedom of speech is the best thing that democracy brings. Your attempted censorship is so off the point that you guys need some more learnings on the use of public forums.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by Princek12(m): 1:49pm On Jul 25, 2010
detruth:

That is another Nigerian problem, being afraid to call out our leaders and our particularly our elders when they act foolish. I didn't create the word foolish, and it is word that is used frequently in the Bible to depict the unwise, so how is it that I lack home training because I said Jonathan acted like a fool? Freedom of speech is fundamental, maybe not to you because you have been brainwashed to think it is lack of home training to use the word "fool." I bet you won't have a problem if I called a younger person a fool.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by wumifab(m): 1:53pm On Jul 25, 2010
Shame to all of you who didn't believe in our team, the Ultimate Falconet. pwwsssshh

God Bless Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by weblessyou: 1:55pm On Jul 25, 2010
Thank God Nigeria qualifies for semi-final.

. . . . Colombia vs Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by KMVBO(m): 1:58pm On Jul 25, 2010
@ na so.  If you are not in surport of the president's action, that does not mean you should be calling him names. people read this all over the world and you refer to your president as 'foolish'', tell me any where in the world where peolpe call their president names. You most respect the presidency. If you sell a member of your family one pound , nobody will buy it for two pound. We need to change our attitude so we can move forward. NIGERIA NEEDS A CHANGE AND ITS STARTS WITH US.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by naso2(m): 2:04pm On Jul 25, 2010
@ KMVBO

are you not guilty of hasty conclusion here? I was trying to correct princek12 when he said the president was foolish. How you read the posts and determined that i was the one that made that statement still baffles me. Please dont get me angry. thanx.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by detruth: 2:13pm On Jul 25, 2010
Akainzo:

You guys better get a life. If you are still living in the past, then stay there and don't get connected to the internet nor use a public forum. The freedom of speech is the best thing that democracy brings. Your attempted censorship is so off the point that you guys need some more learnings on the use of public forums.

Welcome Mr. Professor! Ashamed to hear that internet usage has also derailed your sense of morals! You are even free to call your parents names, after all it's a world of freedom of speech. I wonder which day you saw citizens of developed countries with their much knowledge of democracy speaking foul languages like that. Only God knows which kind of youth we are raising nowadays!

Princek12:

That is another Nigerian problem, being afraid to call out our leaders and our particularly our elders when they act foolish. I didn't create the word foolish, and it is word that is used frequently in the Bible to depict the unwise, so how is it that I lack home training because I said Jonathan acted like a fool? Freedom of speech is fundamental, maybe not to you because you have been brainwashed to think it is lack of home training to use the word "fool." I bet you won't have a problem if I called a younger person a fool.

My friend this is no Church, this Nairaland! Did you learn/know anything about "register" at all in your secondary school? There are words associated with different places. If you doubt this, try and call a common mobile police a "fool" and see how he will give you a "offering"! Shameless!!! I wonder where you live!

@Na so,
It's a pity that the "foul" statement also reflect at my end also as if you are the one who made it. Pardon please!!! Don't mind those shameless individuals hiding behind the internet in the name of "freedom of speech". The Epaas!
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by Princek12(m): 2:17pm On Jul 25, 2010
KMVBO:

@ na so.  If you are not in surport of the president's action, that does not mean you should be calling him names. people read this all over the world and you refer to your president as 'foolish'', tell me any where in the world where peolpe call their president names. You most respect the presidency. If you sell a member of your family one pound , nobody will buy it for two pound. We need to change our attitude so we can move forward. NIGERIA NEEDS A CHANGE AND ITS STARTS WITH US.

If you go to civilized and democratic societies, it is acceptable for people to call their presidents names that reflect the president's actions, as long as it is not racist and is said at the appropriate time. I don't see anything disrespectful in calling the president foolish, for he acted unwise. And biblically, he acted like a fool. It is called free speech, and I understand why some of you will understand the concept of free speech; because your freedom to speak has been restrained for so long, you have now acquiesced into believing that truthful criticism is unwarranted, to the extent that you are telling me that it is disrespectful to call Jonathan a fool on Nairaland.

Look at the success of our lovely girls at the U-20 stage, defeating the USA today. Jonathan wanted to deprive those girls of these moment because of Yakubu and Kaita!
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by KMVBO(m): 2:23pm On Jul 25, 2010
@ na so. Sorry my brother  and  please don't get angry because if you get angry the earth will collapse ,one love. My initial msg was meant for Princek12.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by snowdrops(m): 2:24pm On Jul 25, 2010
courageous performance from nigeria
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by jamace(m): 2:27pm On Jul 25, 2010
Up Nigeria! The falcons beat USA on penalties to qualify for the semi-finals.

UUUPPPP NNNIIIGGGEEERRRIIIAAA!!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by slyDdean(m): 2:35pm On Jul 25, 2010
Thank God they won. But did u c that our so called under20 are mamas. They wan wound those smalsmal usa girls
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by soloyede1: 2:39pm On Jul 25, 2010
« #8 on: July 23, 2010, 02:50 PM »

WHy can you all shutup, instead of supporting them you are condeming our falcons. Am no fans of falcons, they are defeating the female world worst USA. Wait and see

INFACT I SALUTE UR COURAGE AND THOSE WORDS U TYPED,SHAME ON TO THOSE WHO DONT BELEIVE POSITIVE THINGS WILL COME OUT OF THOSE GIRLS, WHY ON EARTH WILL SOMEBODY SAY THEY WILL CONCEIVE 9-0,BUT TODAY THEY SUPASSED THE U S A, WE WON THE MATCH AND ALL GLORY BE TO GOD ALMIGHTY
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by olabisi75(m): 2:54pm On Jul 25, 2010
s.oloyede:

« #8 on: July 23, 2010, 02:50 PM »

WHy can you all shutup, instead of supporting them you are condeming our falcons. Am no fans of falcons, they are defeating the female world worst USA. Wait and see

INFACT I SALUTE your COURAGE AND THOSE WORDS U TYPED,SHAME ON TO THOSE WHO DONT BELEIVE POSITIVE THINGS WILL COME OUT OF THOSE GIRLS, WHY ON EARTH WILL SOMEBODY SAY THEY WILL CONCEIVE 9-0,BUT TODAY THEY SUPASSED THE U S A, WE WON THE MATCH AND ALL GLORY BE TO GOD ALMIGHTY

I am not surprise to see Nigerian not believing in their team even if they are not playing good football, its shows that they themselves don't believe that they can do something better to make change in the country of ours.

Thanks to the falconlets by showing that they can get it when ever they set their mind to it. we are proud of you all
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by ProAnti: 3:25pm On Jul 25, 2010
slyDdean:

Thank God they won. But did u c that our so called under20 are mamas. They wan wound those smalsmal usa girls

They won therefore they are "mamas". Why can't we say good things about our country.
The Americans believe in the American dream, Nigerians are always out to condemn the actions, good or bad, of fellow Nigerians.
MAY GOD DELIVER US FROM OURSELVES.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by Akainzo(m): 4:24pm On Jul 25, 2010
detruth:

Welcome Mr. Professor! Ashamed to hear that internet usage has also derailed your sense of morals! You are even free to call your parents names, after all it's a world of freedom of speech. I wonder which day you saw citizens of developed countries with their much knowledge of democracy speaking foul languages like that. Only God knows which kind of youth we are raising nowadays!

Obviously you were too young to have access to the internet or maybe cable TV in the times of the Monicka Lewinsky or the G.W. Bush era, you would have learnt a few things about what developed countries say about their leaders. Being a president does not remove him from doing things that can be considered foolish. If you want to live in ancient times, please log off the internet and go drink palm wine under your village tree.

detruth:

My friend this is no Church, this Nairaland! Did you learn/know anything about "register" at all in your secondary school? There are words associated with different places. If you doubt this, try and call a common mobile police a "fool" and see how he will give you a "offering"! Shameless!!! I wonder where you live!

ROTFLMAO, so you equate registration with censorship in a forum? You must be a joker. And your analogy of police officer shows a clear indication of your mentality. Where I come from a policeman has no right to slap you for calling him foolish, he might be angry but has no right to assault you.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by Smi1(m): 4:29pm On Jul 25, 2010
slyDdean:

bloody hypocrite !! , we Nigerians should start learning how to appreciate ourselves,
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by JIY: 4:40pm On Jul 25, 2010
It is irresponsibility in Nigeria or elsewhere when a citizen shows little or no respect to their president, especially if the president has not shown himself or herself unworthy of respect. If you do not like or respect the person, you should respect the office. There are ways to disagree with a person without using vitriolic words.

It is also shameful, to say the least, that people who tout "freedom of speech" appear to know little about what the phrase means. Freedom of speech is not tantamount to saying everything that drops into your mind. I will take umbrage with anyone any day who shows disrespect to the presidency. If we do not respect ourselves none will.

Further, to excuse foul and abusive language simply because this is an internet setting is inexcusable. The very fact that this is a public forum should evoke a sense of decorum from people who desire to interact on the forum. We only expose the barbaric side of ourselves if or when at every turn we spew out abuse after abuse over issues we can settle in respectful and amicable ways.

We "the internet generation" should do better than our forebears. Our attitude should show a promise of progress and hope for our country.

A word to the wise____
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jul 25, 2010
^^ abeg tell them.
Thank God we won.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by papaejima2: 5:27pm On Jul 25, 2010
JIY:

It is irresponsibility in Nigeria or elsewhere when a citizen shows little or no respect to their president, especially if the president has not shown himself or herself unworthy of respect. If you do not like or respect the person, you should respect the office. There are ways to disagree with a person without using vitriolic words.

It is also shameful, to say the least, that people who tout "freedom of speech" appear to know little about what the phrase means. Freedom of speech is not tantamount to saying everything that drops into your mind. I will take umbrage with anyone any day who shows disrespect to the presidency. If we do not respect ourselves none will.

Further, to excuse foul and abusive language simply because this is an internet setting is inexcusable. The very fact that this is a public forum should evoke a sense of decorum from people who desire to interact on the forum. We only expose the barbaric side of ourselves if or when at every turn we spew out abuse after abuse over issues we can settle in respectful and amicable ways.

We "the internet generation" should do better than our forebears. Our attitude should show a promise of progress and hope for our country.

A word to the wise____

Very well said. I think people who come to internet fora to abuse others are really never-do-wells. They just use the internet as a menas of voicing out their frustrations in life. You know what they say about a hungry man and anger?

For the falconets, I must admit that I did not even watch the match because I was actually in church then. It was a pleasant surprise when I heard the result. Now that they have defeated the holders, they should not relent until they bring home the cup. Go girls.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by Princek12(m): 5:29pm On Jul 25, 2010
JIY:

A word to the wise____

Do yourself a favor and remain in your village. When did "foolish" become foul and abusive language? So according to you, the Bible is replete with foul and abusive language! Even so, freedom of speech includes the freedom to use  abusive language, as long as the language is not racist, is not hateful, is truthful, or is not meant to incite violence or a riot. Your mentality is typical of many Nigerians, so when, for example, a person like you becomes president you will have an Abacha-like behavior--that is, to silence anyone who calls you names you deem abusive, such as calling you a fool. Again, according to you, if the president steals our money and makes silly, rash decisions, I should not have the freedom to call him a silly thief. Get a life!

I am beginning to accept that Nigeria's problems are its people, and that is why lack of freedom and corruption abound everywhere. And also that is the same Nigerian mentality that asks young people to keep quiet and not voice their opinion when their elders are around, even if that opinion were valuable. Furthermore, that is the same mentality that says young people cannot become business executives even if they have the talent to do so because it is disrespectful to "boss" around their elders. Facebook, Microsoft, among others, were all started and ran by young people because the culture embraced young minds, even though those young people "bossed" around older people.

By the way, to all the people attacking me for using the word "fool," can you all define  fool?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Buhari Deserves Place In Guinness Book Of Records - NFF President / Diego Costa Agrees One-Year Deal Worth $3 Million With Atletico Mineiro / Nwakali And Chukwueze Flaunt Their FIFAU17 Medals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.