Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,571 members, 7,921,186 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 07:20 PM

Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup (20824 Views)

U-17 World Cup: Nigeria Vs USA (2 - 0) On 17th October 2015 / Nigeria Vs USA : Women's World Cup ( 0 - 1) On 17th July 2015 / Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by khamas19: 9:36am On Jul 26, 2010
Sexy ladies and Gentlemen enuf temprature!!!!, me i jus wan know wetin the scuffle after the match dey about, i've been scouting the net for info but nothing, why the naija girl been dey carry stick?, weti cause fight?

Plus: I think the super eagles should be forced to marry these girls as punishment, am sure the girls will appreciate the gesture from Nigerians

Yakubu to marry Nku
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by Arabambi1: 9:38am On Jul 26, 2010
God Bless you. If we had more people with your kind of mentality, Nigeria will be in a better place.

so if 90% of Naijas dey call their president a foolish man, Nigeria will be better

In d first instance congrats to our girls now on to d real reason why i am replying this post. Some body called the president a fool, i believe GEJ is old enough to be his dad. Now d question is if your dad does something u do not agree with,  would u call him a fool because u have freedom of speech? We are mostly educated in this forum pls let's act accordingly, ok.
GEJ ban of d eagles was a means to an end and not an end itself, and he achieved his aim hence d reversal. Pls let us reason b4 posting.
Gbam! Spot on

Let's not even go that length, if your child calls you a foolish man becso of one ot two mistakes, how will you take it. Before you reply that you'll take it in good faith, I know within me you will only be saying you'll be ok with it whereas you may diswn such child or beat the hell out of him. Nobody in the whole world is perfect except GOD. Even the prophets he sent were not perfect; so your type would have called Jesus or Mohammed foolish when you read they made any mistakes while in the world. GEJ may have acted wrongly, that doesnt warrant you calling him a foolish man on a public forum.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by FBS: 9:52am On Jul 26, 2010
sandee575:

^^^^
why?

Why what? I said stop the name calling yet you are calling others morons?

I have begged you guys, pleaded and everything. . .what else do you want me to do?

FYI, I happen to be the moderator on this board and will NOT permit name calling. Understood?
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by JIY: 9:53am On Jul 26, 2010
GEJ may have acted wrongly, that doesnt warrant you calling him a foolish man on a public forum.

By the way, I agree with you. I just want to point out that I believe the president acted deliberately in his supposed ban of Nigeria from International competitions. See this opinion piece:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/414568-president-goodluck-jonathans-decision-smart-or-fatal-move
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by kemisuga(f): 10:05am On Jul 26, 2010
i wish them good luck!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by tyson55(m): 10:08am On Jul 26, 2010
congratulations to the super falcons, even if they have to do it the hard way. They really made my day yestaday, i am proud of them. Atlease they have taken away the sadness most nigerian felt in the just concluded world cup.
Proudly Nigerian!  grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by yemstrad(f): 10:14am On Jul 26, 2010
shocked shocked shocked shocked What could have prompted a right thinking individual calling the President of his country a fool? This is like calling his country a fool. Even a nursery school pupil will know that Goodluck's initial ban was a serious wake up call. Why are we castigating the same man that has resuscitated the "Never Say Die" spirit Nigerians are known for in those years? Is this a curse on us?

For the numerous senseless wars that America has plunged several trillions of Dollars both in material and human wastes, i have never come across any instance where an American will call his/her president a fool.

Seun, i think the IP Address of the guy that called our President a fool should be sent to the SSS for possible collaboration with INTERPOL. Enough is enough.  angry angry angry
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by tyson55(m): 10:36am On Jul 26, 2010
Yep, i will like to know what the beef is about Jegede holding that stick after the penalty, was there some kind of a racist slur? I hope there isn't, Please somebody keep me posted on this development.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by FBS: 10:59am On Jul 26, 2010
tyson55:

Yep, i will like to know what the beef is about Jegede holding that stick after the penalty, was there some kind of a racist slur? I hope there isn't, Please somebody keep me posted on this development.
I don't think it was Jegede.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by tyson55(m): 11:13am On Jul 26, 2010
@fbs I don't think it was Jegede.

Jegede or not, what was it about? please inform me
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by tkb417(m): 11:18am On Jul 26, 2010
What could have prompted a right thinking individual calling the President of his country a fool? This is like calling his country a fool. Even a nursery school pupil will know that Goodluck's initial ban was a serious wake up call. Why are we castigating the same man that has resuscitated the "Never Say Die" spirit Nigerians are known for in those years? Is this a curse on us?

Lie!!!
The gurls were gonna play very well irrespective of the shambolic display of the eagles and the proposed ban. we are only experiencing rot in the super eagles. The other national teams have been doing well. forget the never say die rant- That was a lie

For the numerous senseless wars that America has plunged several trillions of Dollars both in material and human wastes, i have never come across any instance where an American will call his/her president a fool.

another lie- some americans called George Bush worse names- Is it right? NO, is it wrong ? maybe Yes
if its a punishable offence, let him go to court

Seun, i think the IP Address of the guy that called our President a fool should be sent to the SSS for possible collaboration with INTERPOL. Enough is enough.
so that the man can be executed or what? you think this is Iraq abi na Pakistan?
lololololol

SSS ko, Fire Brigade ni
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by JIY: 11:23am On Jul 26, 2010
Some quotes from the match courtesy of FIFA.Com

Ndem Egan, Nigeria coach
I would agree that this is the biggest achievement for women's football in Nigeria. We knew we had never exceeded the quarter-finals before so our target was to get to the semi-finals and from there to think about the final. All Nigeria will be so happy with this result. We had a few lapses in the first half because the players forgot what we told them but in the end they fulfilled their promise to get to the semi-final.

Jill Ellis, USA coach
I am very proud of my players because we met a very talented, challenging opponent. We scored a good goal and there was nothing we could have done about their equaliser. The changeround in the second half came about because of fatuigue and that's why we used all three substitutes. At the end of the day we should have put our chances away in the first half and my heart goes out to the players.

Helen Ukaonu, Nigeria goalscorer
It's really great to play for our supporters, they help us a lot. How did we make the difference in the second half? We just prayed. We pray to God a lot and we didn't want to lose to USA. But we knew we would win today.

Esther Sunday, Nigeria substitute
I had to stay focused as I took the penalty three times. I just concentrated on scoring and it worked. We believe in God and our families and that helped us a lot.

http://www.fifa.com/u20womensworldcup/matches/round=253549/match=300125165/quotes.html#usa+nigeria+quotes
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by surfguru: 11:28am On Jul 26, 2010
WOW. i dint blieve this until i started using it .its so fast secure legal and safe,for more info call 08132849007
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by FBS: 11:36am On Jul 26, 2010
@tkb417, tuale baba!! how you dey?

@tyson55,
1. Don't say people's name when you don't know for sure.
2. No concrete information as of yet.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by JIY: 11:39am On Jul 26, 2010
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by Princek12(m): 12:12pm On Jul 26, 2010
Congratulations to my lovely Falconets for a deserving victory over the defending champions. Even though someone wanted to prevent your glory from shining a couple of weeks ago, the almighty God intervened and made it possible for you all to participate in this tournament and make us proud. Thank you very much. To all the flip floppers who, just a couple of weeks ago, supported the withdrawal of our Falconets but who are now celebrating your victory, I hope the Falconets can find it in their hearts to forgive those flip floppers.

That's all folks. A wise man thinks before he leaps. Go to the ant oh ye sluggard, consider her ways, and be wise.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by kobikwelu(m): 12:28pm On Jul 26, 2010
Sexy ladies and Gentlemen enuf temprature!!!!, me i jus wan know wetin the scuffle after the match dey about, i've been scouting the net for info but nothing, why the naija girl been dey carry stick?, weti cause fight?

yea you are right, me to was trying to get the downlow on wot happened,

i think she was angry cos of what was said to her after the match by one of the american contingent, (sore losers embarassed embarassed embarassed)
she was involved in the collision with the us defender that send the hapless oyinbo girl to the hospital
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by Sagamite(m): 12:29pm On Jul 26, 2010
As usual, we pack a bunch of obviously over-aged people to go and thrash kids and we call it achievement.

Colombia, abeg, thrash them to shreds please. I beg you in the name of Obantala!
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by kobikwelu(m): 12:39pm On Jul 26, 2010
^^^^^

i beg to differ,

mayb i am off the mark, but those girls actually look young
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by yousouph(m): 12:43pm On Jul 26, 2010
LAILALI. We are going to play in the finals. Over age or under age, Falcons for the FINAL
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by Sagamite(m): 12:45pm On Jul 26, 2010
kobikwelu:

^^^^^

i beg to differ,

mayb i am off the mark, but those girls actually look young
grin grin grin grin grin

shocked undecided

Remember, it is U-20 competition not U-30.

Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by JIY: 1:05pm On Jul 26, 2010
A visit to Nigerian University campuses will show that Nigerian kids are now bigger than they used to be in the past. (I worked with many kids on campus for two years before turning my face to other things.) Freshmen in Universities these days look older than they actually are. As such one cannot just conclude from a picture that the[i] Falconets[/i] are over-aged. To label such a charge requires a more concrete evidence than that, otherwise it qualifies as unscrupulous calumny.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by Sagamite(m): 1:09pm On Jul 26, 2010
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by kingchild(m): 1:12pm On Jul 26, 2010
@Princek12,
you made me to understand that it's right to call whoever is doing wrong a fool, even if the said person is your father.
and i also understand that you always have the bible at your backing.
please kindly consider this line, you may recognise whose words they are, if you will you might just expedite change of language cos' it would really assist you onwards.

Matthew 5:22
But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

you see prince it's not right to call people fool, i mean that word expression (foolish), you may use words like not so good decision maker, or just think of a mild word.
from my observation you thought you were correct, so i took my time to read all your write-ups  to see if you would rephrase your statement but i realised that you are ignorantly adamant, maybe because you don't know, such words are bad and should be our choice word when addressing issues especially when we are identifying when jesus just as you were doing up there, which i so much love.

unto being a plain speaker i would say, you second me, but i try as much as possible to be objective with facts because objectivity gives you a sprout in arguement , objectivity is the word brother not insult and harsh word.

i know in the next few minutes you shall come here and rephrase your statement cos you are a christian.
God Bless you, yes you, princek12
contact me if you need my assistance in any way        mcsmiles0208@gmail.com
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by Sagamite(m): 1:14pm On Jul 26, 2010
JIY:

A visit to Nigerian University campuses will show that Nigerian kids are now bigger than they used to be in the past. (I worked with many kids on campus for two years before turning my face to other things.) Freshmen in Universities these days look older than they actually are. As such one cannot just conclude from a picture that the[i] Falconets[/i] are over-aged. To label such a charge requires a more concrete evidence than that, otherwise it qualifies as unscrupulous calumny.

Be decieving yourself there!

Nigerian kids are now bigger?

Bigger than Americans and English?

What are they eating that is causing such marvelous growth that makes them more adult-like than westerners and beating all nutritional logic?

Fertilizer?
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by FBS: 1:15pm On Jul 26, 2010
If these old men paraded by the Germans as girls are U-20 then I'm 16 yrs young.

Word is that maybe some of them already have like 2-3 kids. Someone like Alexandra Popp - she (for the benefit of this discuss) is a fine striker and will take her over Mario Gomez but look at this?

Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by Princek12(m): 1:16pm On Jul 26, 2010
I thought FIFA now mandates that the players pass an MRI test before participating in the tournament. So if our girls passed the same MRI test required of other players from other teams, who are we, just by looking at the Falconets' team picture taken on the field and comparing it to other team pictures, to conclude that our girls are over the age limit?
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by Sagamite(m): 1:19pm On Jul 26, 2010
FBS:

If these old men paraded by the Germans as girls are U-20 then I'm 16 yrs young.

Word is that maybe some of them already have like 2-3 kids. Someone like Alexandra Popp - she (for the benefit of this discuss) is a fine striker and will take her over Mario Gomez but look at this?

You think Germany is like Nigeria where they don't have birth records?
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by FBS: 1:20pm On Jul 26, 2010
This one?  shocked U-20 my backside.

Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by Sagamite(m): 1:21pm On Jul 26, 2010
Princek12:

I thought FIFA now mandates that the players pass an MRI test before participating in the tournament. So if our girls passed the same MRI test required of other players from other teams, who are we, just by looking at the Falconets' team picture taken on the field and comparing it to other team pictures, to conclude that our girls are over the age limit?

Apparently, the local FA conducts the scan and submit the results. It does not appear to be independent.

Now think NFF and the breed that works there. undecided
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by FBS: 1:23pm On Jul 26, 2010
Sagamite:

You think Germany is like Nigeria where they don't have birth records?
And you think you know it all? Not everyone in NFF is corrupt?
Was it not in the same Germany that this happened?

1. E. German athletes & government sponsored cheating

How does a country of fewer than 17 million people double its Olympic output from 20 to 40 gold medals in just four years? Drugs, and plenty of 'em.

The East Germans became a sporting powerhouse in the 1970s and '80s, rivalling the much larger United States and Soviet Union. Thousands of East German athletes were given performance-enhancing steroids in an effort to prove East German superiority over the West. Many athletes thought they were simply taking vitamins.

The special pills worked. East Germans were a mighty force in amateur sport, particularly in the pool.

But with the medals and titles came the negative health side effects, such as liver cancer, organ damage, psychological defects, hormonal changes and infertility.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/indepth/drugs/stories/top10.html
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by Sagamite(m): 1:23pm On Jul 26, 2010
FBS:

This one?  shocked U-20 my backside.

She does not look U20 to you?

Go to her hometown and obtain her birth certificate (which you are allowed to) by cross checking her name from a list that has been there from the year she was born. Not sworn affidavits.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Buhari Deserves Place In Guinness Book Of Records - NFF President / Diego Costa Agrees One-Year Deal Worth $3 Million With Atletico Mineiro / Nwakali And Chukwueze Flaunt Their FIFAU17 Medals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.