Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,103 members, 7,890,647 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 05:34 PM

What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? (6488 Views)

Would You Serve Jail Term For Your Babe To Be Released? (photo) / What Are The Typical Naija Ways Of Being Romantic? / The Typical Naija Babe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by MissyB1(m): 9:31pm On Aug 02, 2010
omonija1:

We are mostly religious, educated, cultured,well mannered, honest,

Who says these traits are typical of Naija babes alone?
Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by netotse(m): 9:36pm On Aug 02, 2010
i asked a babe this question once and at first she was like 'i dunno' and i thought that was cool(till she said i'm caring, bla bla bla. . .obviously didn't go out with her). . .too many girls think they're 'IT' cos they have a nice face,a nice rack or a nice derrière(possibly all 3, which i must confess is a formidable combo grin), but fact is, in the end, that still doesn't cut it. . .

i think in the latter part of his reply omegafred answered the question, it's better to embrace who you are and let the individual you are be evident. . .

of which the same question applies to males sef. . .

Missy B:

Who says these traits are typical of Naija babes alone?
obviously not her. . .if she doesn't want to consider other cultures it's her prerogative innit?
Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by 1105(f): 10:05pm On Aug 02, 2010
y_me
did u just tell me 2 hit my head on a wall~ angry angry
Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by MissyB1(m): 10:30pm On Aug 02, 2010
netotse:

i asked a babe this question once and at first she was like 'i dunno' and i thought that was cool(till she said i'm caring, bla bla bla. . .obviously didn't go out with her). . .
What was your question, exactly?
netotse:

too many girls think they're 'IT' cos they have a nice face,a nice rack or a nice derrière(possibly all 3, which i must confess is a formidable combo grin), but fact is, in the end, that still doesn't cut it. . .
What has this gotta do with the OP's question, sorry?

netotse:

bviously not her. . .if she doesn't want to consider other cultures it's her prerogative innit?
Is it me or Y'all that don't seem to get the OP's question? I will now state, in a very clear manner, what i think the OP's question implies.

[Almost] All Naija girls have certain qualities in common - These are their distinguishing features; what differentiates them from other girls in the world.
Anyone who possesses these features is seen as a typical Naija lady.
Her question is - Among these typical Naija babes(of which You're one), what makes you conspicuous; separates you; singles you out?

. . .And I'm saying there's nothing like a typical naija babe because, there are no characteristics peculiar to Naija girls alone .
Educated, religious, well-behaved, submissive, long suffering? Who says most or all Naija babes are? Why are you so sure there aren't American Ladies that possess these qualities too? If you agree there are, would you say these Ladies are typically Nigerian, because of these qualities?

In summary- This is not a valid question, as there's nothing like a typical Naija lady; at least, you've not been able to define it properly.
I cannot even say '' What makes you stand out from every other girl in the World'' is a valid question. . . . because, Ma reply could be ''my pink eyes'', but, what is to say another girl in the world doesn't have pink eyes like mine? There isn't a valid answer, hence, it's not a valid question.
Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by netotse(m): 11:08pm On Aug 02, 2010
Missy B:

What was your question, exactly?
what's different about you? what can you contribute to a person's life?(was looking to figure out if she was a liability, the girl no know say na test i set for am grin)

Missy B:

What has this gotta do with the OP's question, sorry?
i see her question as what's special about you, what's your claim to fame?

Missy B:

Is it me or Y'all that don't seem to get the OP's question? I will now state, in a very clear manner, what i think the OP's question implies.

[Almost] All Naija girls have certain qualities in common - These are their distinguishing features; what differentiates them from other girls in the world.
Anyone who possesses these features is seen as a typical Naija lady.
Her question is - Among these typical Naija babes(of which You're one), what makes you conspicuous; separates you; singles you out?

. . .And I'm saying there's nothing like a typical naija babe because, there are no characteristics peculiar to Naija girls alone .
Educated, religious, well-behaved, submissive, long suffering? Who says most or all Naija babes are? Why are you so sure there aren't American Ladies that possess these qualities too? If you agree there are, would you say these Ladies are typically Nigerian, because of these qualities?

In summary- This is not a valid question, as there's nothing like a typical Naija lady; at least, you've not been able to define it properly.
I cannot even say '' What makes you stand out from every other girl in the World'' is a valid question. . . . because, Ma reply could be ''my pink eyes'', but, what is to say another girl in the world doesn't have pink eyes like mine? There isn't a valid answer, hence, it's not a valid question.
valid interpretation, but could it be possible that you're over-processing things? maybe we should just chill and let her clarify her question. . .[size=5pt]kai see as you just go from point A to Z without pressing brake[/size]
Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by oyinda3(f): 11:11pm On Aug 02, 2010
like someone already mentioned, just be yourself.
even if being urself means u being a typical naija girl. take pride in it.  smiley

i personally will never date a guy who asks me that kain question. if u don't want naija qualities in a girl, don't look for a naija girl simple.
Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by netotse(m): 11:23pm On Aug 02, 2010
oyinda.:

like someone already mentioned, just be yourself.
even if being urself means u being a typical naija girl. take pride in it.  smiley

i personally will never date a guy who asks me that kain question. if u don't want naija qualities in a girl, don't look for a naija girl simple.

trust me, if you're asked you wont know, do you expect any sensible guy to go: 'oyinda., whom i'd like to go out with(and possibly marry), pray tell, what makes you stand out from a 'typical' naija babe?' like people where i come from would usually say:na from clap them dey enter dance
Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Aug 02, 2010
what are these qualities?
Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by MissyB1(m): 11:30pm On Aug 02, 2010
netotse:

what's different about you?
If your question is re-phrased to sum'n' like - What differentiates you from your friends/the girls in the neighborhood/ Igbo [insert tribe here] girls, she woulda been right to have said ''I'm Caring''.
First, she would have to really know all the qualities of these other girls, compare with hers, and then, give you the difference(S).
Among her '10' friends, she could be the only caring one - That, is what's different about her. Valid answer=Valid question.

netotse:

was looking to figure out if she was a liability, the girl no know say na test i set for am grin)
grin grin grin

netotse:

valid interpretation, but could it be possible that you're over-processing things? maybe we should just chill and let her clarify her question. .
Probably!
**Crosses legs and takes a glass of cold Netotse drink**  wink
Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by oyinda3(f): 11:31pm On Aug 02, 2010
@ibkaye, naija girls now. d likes of jenifa and rita from koko mansion.   cheesy jk

netotse:

trust me, if you're asked you wont know, do you expect any sensible guy to go: 'oyinda., whom i'd like to go out with(and possibly marry), pray tell, what makes you stand out from a 'typical' naija babe?' like people where i come from would usually say:na from clap them dey enter dance

well, good riddance to bad rubbish however way he asks.
oya waka pass. . .
Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Aug 02, 2010
oyinda.:

@ibkaye, naija girls now. d likes of jenifa and rita from koko mansion.   cheesy jk
oh I see cheesy
Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by oyinda3(f): 11:32pm On Aug 02, 2010
lol. my examples were extreme but if u watch nollywood n such u get my drift.
or if u have naija aunts etc oshamo
Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Aug 02, 2010
oyinda.:

lol. my examples were extreme but if u watch nollywood n such u get my drift.
or if u have naija aunts etc oshamo
I get the picture, don't you just love nollywood lol

what's oshamo? smiley
Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by oyinda3(f): 11:36pm On Aug 02, 2010
it means: u know
i thought u were yoruba girl now.
Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Aug 02, 2010
oyinda.:

it means: u know
i thought u were yoruba girl now.
Oh, ooh wink cheesy

Lol I am
Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by shakerz1: 12:01am On Aug 03, 2010
what makes u stand out?
Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by shakerz1: 12:19am On Aug 03, 2010
Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by iice(f): 3:19pm On Aug 03, 2010
omonija1:

How? in what ways?

Growing up. . .i found i didn't have much in common with females. 
My friends thought i was weird, and the ones who weren't my friends found me even weirder. 
When they started dying over guys, i was busy playing SNES with guys.  When they were doing make-up and making clothes.  I was busying hiking and stuff.
Couldn't understand why they all operated like a unit.  Same attitude, same behaviour, same thinking, same goals. . .
People often wonder if i grew up in Naija with my interests undecided  Like it's weird to go hiking and camping undecided
Even dating. . .i think more like a dude than like a girl.  More logical, less emotional. . .some men are emotional wrecks compared to me grin
Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by MrCork1: 3:35pm On Aug 03, 2010
They cant usually speaks english, except pigeon english.

And they are usually preety in a unpreety way
Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by dbigrod(m): 3:42pm On Aug 03, 2010
iice:

Growing up. . .i found i didn't have much in common with females. 
My friends thought i was weird, and the ones who weren't my friends found me even weirder. 
When they started dying over guys, i was busy playing SNES with guys.  When they were doing make-up and making clothes.  I was busying hiking and stuff.
Couldn't understand why they all operated like a unit.  Same attitude, same behaviour, same thinking, same goals. . .
People often wonder if i grew up in Naija with my interests undecided  Like it's weird to go hiking and camping undecided
Even dating. . .i think more like a dude than like a girl.  More logical, less emotional. . .some men are emotional wrecks compared to me grin

[size=15pt]i love the word weird weird weird in your post.since everything u did while growing up was weird,lets call u d next weird mc,sorry weird iice. grin  grin  grin [/size]
Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by iice(f): 3:51pm On Aug 03, 2010
And the horns have sounded cheesy
Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by yme1(f): 4:02pm On Aug 03, 2010
Mr Cork:

They cant usually speaks english, except pigeon english.

And they are usually preety in a unpreety way
Excuse me Mr. i usaually ignore your post.But how do you think?
are you just a BULL with a goat brain or what?
Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by MrCork1: 4:05pm On Aug 03, 2010
Madam no offence but all the Nigerian chicks I no cannot speak english (no offence)

They in Univercity but they speak in pigeon english. They like to curse too much
Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 03, 2010
@post

I can touch my big toe to my forehead while singing Canada's national anthem.
Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by MrCork1: 4:08pm On Aug 03, 2010
Y ME,  and why would u ignore my post?  CHilly out, babes.

By the way, can u cook & clean?  am lookin for a wife?
Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by swiftycool(m): 10:39pm On Aug 03, 2010
Missy B:

I cannot even say '' What makes you stand out from every other girl in the World'' is a valid question. . . . because, Ma reply could be ''my pink eyes'', but, what is to say another girl in the world doesn't have  pink eyes like mine? There isn't a valid answer, hence, it's not a valid question.
@ Missy B
are u some kind of a homo, faggy, g a y transvestite bloke or something weirder?  undecided You claim to be male but to real men u sound so otherworldly a retard can tell u are not. I guess u r just not proud of being the lady u really are, one thing i can say for sure that differentiates u and your ilk from real Naija girls is not being proud of your sex and who you really are,  now she'll go changing or deleting her sex again. Na wah o! angry
Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by 5p1naz(m): 10:51pm On Aug 03, 2010
ok 190 that was a huge question thrown at tpiah cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy and tpiah that was a huge one too for 190, the ish about the large forehead both sh1ts got me really i meAN really laughing for a while
Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by tpiah: 10:55pm On Aug 03, 2010
i'd even forgotten my picture wasnt attached to my signature anymore [s]thanks to these people forcing multiple ids on someone [/s] . . . .

the guy just reminded me.
Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Aug 03, 2010
swiftycool:

@ Missy B
are u some kind of a homo, faggy, g a y transvestite bloke or something weirder?  undecided You claim to be male but to real men u sound so otherworldly a retard can tell u are not. I guess u r just not proud of being the lady u really are, one thing i can say for sure that differentiates u and your ilk from real Naija girls is not being proud of your sex and who you really are,  now she'll go changing or deleting her sex again. Na wah o! angry

All this beef because of an "m" in brackets?
Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by swiftycool(m): 11:31pm On Aug 03, 2010
michelin89:

All this beef because of an "m" in brackets?
yeah, u got a prob with it?
Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by oyinda3(f): 11:33pm On Aug 03, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

@post

I can touch my big toe to my forehead while singing Canada's national anthem.

hhahahha grin grin grin nice answer
Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Aug 03, 2010
swiftycool:

yeah, u got a prob with it?

Just wondering how sad your life must be. cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Do You Get Your Ex Back ? Is It Mostly Possible? / She Left Because I Told Her I Stay With My Parent's / 10 Tips To Make A Woman Scream In Bed Non-stop Every Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.