Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,096 members, 7,890,611 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 04:55 PM

What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? (6486 Views)

Would You Serve Jail Term For Your Babe To Be Released? (photo) / What Are The Typical Naija Ways Of Being Romantic? / The Typical Naija Babe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by MsPotato(f): 3:31am On Apr 23, 2011
190:

Nah!! Couples always face such issues in life, if you really cared about him. then u would stick with him,
you both would make it through together, that dream u have would always come through, just keep praying and
leave the rest for your God,

You are a strong lady ( Thats one thing ive always admired about you, over the years ) and he knows this, just dont let him down now that
he really needs you  cool cool

The thing is Im so angry with what his friend did to him causing him to be in this terrible mess. . . Im so angry that I wanted to kill him myself! He got angry. He told me that instead of being angry with the whole situation, I should have comfort him and make him happy instead of getting angry. Thats when I got angry cause I feel he doesnt understand and he doesnt get the point that the reason why I behave how I behave its because Im worry sick about him and that I am so angry with the guy that backstab him. . . he is not getting my point.

Instead he scolded me telling me that I should comfort him and make him smile. How am I suppose to do that when I myself is so angry and sad? angry cry
Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by 190: 9:15am On Apr 23, 2011
^ thats where u need your heart and emotions to work, you are his woman
so you need to know when to stand with your man and all that, yes u may be pissed and all that
but he sure needs u now more than ever and u can see he just told you
Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by InkedNerd(f): 9:23am On Apr 23, 2011
@OP: Idk, nothin' comes to mind undecided

1 Like

Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by Ystranger: 9:25am On Apr 23, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

@OP: Idk, nothin' comes to mind undecided

I think its your arse babe.

I love it
Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by Princek12(m): 2:10pm On Apr 23, 2011
toyemz:

@ princek12
where did you say you live again?Na wa oh.I would have expected this from someone living in a Nigerian village,(who had not travelled out)
open ya eyes begin look Nigerian guys and marvel at the handwork of God,then beauty,education,ambition and smartness on top.On mine i know i have the added sense of humour.No let me vex oh

Toyemz

I live in Yankee, and I do not mean that Nigerian chicks with all those qualities do not exist. In my own opinion, finding Naija chicks with those qualities is like digging for diamonds--they are hard to come by. Take SA chicks, for example, you don't have to look to far to find SA chicks with all those features.
Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by MsPotato(f): 3:27pm On Apr 23, 2011
190:

^ thats where u need your heart and emotions to work, you are his woman
so you need to know when to stand with your man and all that, yes u may be pissed and all that
but he sure needs u now more than ever and u can see he just told you

You are right my brother. Well, I did like what he wantsme to do. Support him, help him if he needs my help and comfort him when he is down but u know, deep within me, I am actually crying. . . ive nevr felt so sad this ay in my life. It feels like a blade stabbing through my heart till I cannot breathe at times. I just wish it will all goaway cry cry cry cry cry
Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Apr 23, 2011
Ms. Potato:

Tpiah, please whats the matter?  shocked

there's something faintly unconscionable about the passport matter.

there are lots of non-nigerians of both genders who have been resident in nigeria for decades yet still dont have a nigerian passport.

many are married to and have kids with nigerians.

so if the nigerian passport is now freely available to everybody, then it should also be available to such people as well.

we also have lebanese some of who have been living in nigeria for centuries yet they still find it difficult to get the same.
Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by Princek12(m): 8:59pm On Apr 23, 2011
tpiah!:

there's something faintly unconscionable about the passport matter.

there are lots of non-nigerians of both genders who have been resident in nigeria for decades yet still dont have a nigerian passport.

many are married to and have kids with nigerians.

so if the nigerian passport is now freely available to everybody, then it should also be available to such people as well.

we also have lebanese some of who have been living in nigeria for centuries yet they still find it difficult to get the same.

Please stop spreading lies on this forum, for real. You and I and everyone knows that you can get just about anything in Nigeria if you have the money. How can a Nigerian passport be hard to come by? Are you kidding me? A CBS reporter once went to Nigeria and got a passport in one day, and the story was shown on 60 minutes, a show on CBS, which is an American TV network.
Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by 190: 9:01pm On Apr 23, 2011
Princek12:

Please stop spreading lies on this forum, for real. You and I and everyone knows that you can get just about anything in Nigeria if you have the money. How can a Nigerian passport be hard to come by? Are you kidding me? A CBS reporter once went to Nigeria and got a passport in one day, and the story was shown on 60 minutes, a show on CBS, which is an American TV network.
shocked shocked shocked
Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by Nobody: 3:01am On Apr 24, 2011
Princek12:

i'm referring to[b] legal [/b] avenues to get nigerian citizenship, not illegal ones.

of course we all know many 419ers from other countries hold nigerian passports.

dont derail the thread, thanks.

Lebanese nigerians denied passports:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-271282.0.html

Nigerian citizenship:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-273837.0.html

One case out of millions:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-147507.0.html
Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by MsPotato(f): 4:46am On Apr 24, 2011
Tpiah, if you knew me well, you will only know that I was only joking. I was waiting for MsDarkSkin to tell me to show my evide3nce an I will post this picture

Thats about it. No harm done nowhere.
Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by tpia1: 4:53am On Apr 24, 2011
^^oh, ok.

no problems then if that's so.

the issue of nigerian citizenship is a rather touchy one which is still being ironed out with no clear solution.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-36429.0.html

in addition, many non-nigerians do have nigerian passports which they commit crimes with, giving the rest of us more bad publicity and bad names.

however, in some instances, it might be wise to indicate you're joking because you never know who's reading your comments and how they might take the information they're seeing.

just my opinion.
Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by Ystranger: 4:55am On Apr 24, 2011
tpia1:

^^oh, ok.

no problems then if that's so.

the issue of nigerian citizenship is a rather touchy one which is still being ironed out with no clear solution.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-36429.0.html

in addition, many non-nigerians do have nigerian passports which they commit crimes with, giving the rest of us more bad publicity and bad names.

however, in some instances, it might be wise to indicate you're joking because you never know who's reading your comments and how they might take the information they're seeing.

just my opinion.

Stop lying Tpiah. I have never heard of such.
The people committing crimes with Nigerian passports are Nigerians. No foreigner is using our passport to commit crimes.

Nigerians are criminals by nature, including you and I grin
Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by tpia1: 5:02am On Apr 24, 2011
Nigeria also contains many businesses that provide false documents used in scams; after a scam involving a forged signature of Nigerian President Olusegun Obasanjo in summer 2005, Nigerian authorities raided a market in the Oluwole section of Lagos. The police seized thousands of Nigerian and non-Nigerian passports, 10,000 blank British Airways boarding passes, 10,000 United States money orders, customs documents, false university certificates, 500 printing plates, and 500 computers.[23]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advance-fee_fraud
Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by MsPotato(f): 5:03am On Apr 24, 2011
Tpiah, everywhere is the same. . .

Lik my counry, the government is giving free passports to all he imigrants here from Bangladesh, Philippines, Indonesia, Arab, Thailand peovided they are a Muslim cause they wanted to increase the population of Muslim here in he country in order to defeat the Hindu's, Buddhist and Christians here.

Now that the counry is slowly being filld with those people, the crime rate has actualy increased dramatically.
Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by toyemz(f): 5:06am On Apr 24, 2011
@ystranger

The people committing crimes with Nigerian passports are Nigerians. No foreigner is using our passport to commit crimes.

Nigerians are criminals by nature, including you and I

No oh
Foreigners use Nigerian passports to commit crimes
How else would you explain the non-Nigerians that are frequently deported from UK back to Nigeria,simply kos they possess Nigerian passports?

shine ya eye for news before you talk oh!
Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by tpia1: 5:06am On Apr 24, 2011
Ms. Potato:

Tpiah, everywhere is the same. . .

Lik my counry, the government is giving free passports to all he imigrants here from Bangladesh, Philippines, Indonesia, Arab, Thailand peovided they are a Muslim cause they wanted to increase the population of Muslim here in he country in order to defeat the Hindu's, Buddhist and Christians here.

Now that the counry is slowly being filld with those people, the crime rate has actualy increased dramatically.

^^it's a sore point in nigeria because as i pointed out before, naturalization is strictly controlled and the most famous case i think was of sheila solarin who lived in nigeria for 30 or so years [she's irish], yet only just got her nigerian citizenship some years ago.

it's a very frustrating process if you're not of nigerian ancestry, i believe, though of course i could be wrong.
Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by Ystranger: 5:06am On Apr 24, 2011
tpia1:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advance-fee_fraud

Whats your point?

Can you even read? Or is it comprehension issues thats bothering you?
Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by Nobody: 5:08am On Apr 24, 2011
Wikipedia ain't a good source. I can go there and change that info if I had no life.

Ms. Potato, I'm calling you Ms. Ngozi from now on.
Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by Ystranger: 5:09am On Apr 24, 2011
tpia1:

^^it's a sore point in nigeria because as i pointed out before, naturalization is strictly controlled and the most famous case i think was of sheila solarin who lived in nigeria for 30 or so years [she's irish], yet only just got her nigerian citizenship some years ago.

it's a very frustrating process if you're not of nigerian ancestry, i believe, though of course i could be wrong.

You are wrong again. Tai's wife wasnt really interested in the Nigerian passport until her husband died. Once she signaled her interest, she got it pronto.

Professor fafunwa's wife got it within three years of her living in Nigeria. A lot of people get it pretty easily.

Stop lying Tpiah, you are too old for this.
Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by tpia1: 5:13am On Apr 24, 2011
For me, however at the Tai Solarin lecture, the high moment was the announcement that the widow of the late Tai Solarin, had only just been given Nigerian citizenship, a day earlier Mrs. Sheila Solarin now 82, arrived in Nigeria in 1952, that is 54 years ago, and together with her husband they had both established the MayFlower School, Ikenne in 1956. Sheila and Tai were/are kindred spirits. They were a husband and wife team committed to the same ideals. Although a Briton, Mrs. Sheila Solarin had taken Nigeria as her home, and for more than 50 years she has been in the forefront of all the major struggles for the transformation of Nigeria into a better place for all. Whoever is familiar with the story of expatriate wives in Nigeria, better known as NigerWives would readily attest to the fact that Mrs. Sheila Solarin is one of those foreign wives who completely adopted Nigeria as their home.

Another Nigerwife that I know who has a similar passion for Nigeria is Mrs. Doris Fafunwa, wife of the foremost educationist, Professor Babs Fafunwa. But to think that Sheila Solarin, a Nigerian wife for 52 years, mother of Nigerians and a foster-mother to generations of Nigerians who had studied at the Mayflower School, Ikenne had, all these years, been denied the right to choose to be a Nigerian? Following the disclosure I could not resist the temptation to solicit for more information:

"What happened? I had asked her. "You didn't apply for Nigerian citizenship until now?"

"I did", she said. "But they just wouldn't attend to my application. After many years of trying, Tai told me to leave then alone, "

"But now that you finally got the citizenship, how did you go about it?"

"In 2002, I decided to apply again. I put all the papers together and submitted them. But even then, it has taken them four years to grant my request."

"Very interesting".

"In England, it doesn't take Nigerian women married to British men this long to obtain British citizenship".

"Congratulations, all the same Ma".

"Thank you."

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/reuben-abati/sheila-solarin-nigerian-at-last.html
Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by MsPotato(f): 5:14am On Apr 24, 2011
tpia1:

My aunt whom happen to b living here for almost 30 years. She is from Arab but she is not a Muslim. However she got married to my uncle whom is a Malaysian and for almost 30 years she has not gotten her IC nor she has gotten her passport even though she have applied for it 20 over years ago and still is fighting for it till this day.

And those foreignors whom are Muslim can just get their passport within a day.

So sh1t like this happens but it only makes us stronger by the day.

ogugua88:

Ms. Potato, I'm calling you Ms. Ngozi from now on.

Ogugua my dear, how come? shocked sad
Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by tpia1: 5:14am On Apr 24, 2011
@ ms potato

nigerwives is a very powerful group, so just tread carefully on this matter, and in your best interests, ignore anybody telling you otherwise.

it's not a problem, but some things are sensitive matters, and it's not about tpiah saying something, but like i said, you dont know who is reading what you write.
Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by tpia1: 5:18am On Apr 24, 2011
Citizenship is a sore point in Nigerian life and society. Even persons who are Nigerians by birth often find themselves in situations in which they are compelled to doubt their citizenship. The distinction between indigenes and settlers in parts of the country, made worse by the politics of ethnic advantages, promotes a variant of politics of exclusion which has been accompanied by much distrust. In this connection the long residence of a Nigerian in a part of the country does not confer any rights on such a person. Women are discriminated against on the basis of state of origin and their spouse's state of origin.

The effect is that there are many Nigerians who are at best non-citizens. For Nigerwives, the refusal to allow many of them naturalisation rights should be seen in the content of this structural discrimination. It explains why such women are classified as Expatriates who are required to obtain Residence Permits. The Nigeria Immigration Service routinely dicriminates against foreign women who are married to Nigerians. By treating them as expatriates, they are made to feel as if they are unwanted, and even worse, it is the idea of the family that is attacked in the process since these women are also invariably mothers of Nigerians. Three years ago, Nigerwives nearly carried placards when following the introduction of a new scheme called Combined Expatriate Residence Permit and Alien's Card, many of them were placed in dificult circumstances.

and it's even worse for foreign men married to nigerian women.

They're not allowed nigerian citizenship at all
Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by Nobody: 5:20am On Apr 24, 2011
Ms. Potato:
Ogugua my dear, how come? shocked sad

Because it's on your passport lol.
Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by 190: 10:36am On Apr 24, 2011
ogugua88:

kiss kiss
Re: What Makes You Stand Out From The "typical" Naija Babe? by MsPotato(f): 3:00pm On Apr 24, 2011
tpia1:

@ ms potato

nigerwives is a very powerful group, so just tread carefully on this matter, and in your best interests, ignore anybody telling you otherwise.

it's not a problem, but some things are sensitive matters, and it's not about tpiah saying something, but like i said, you dont know who is reading what you write.

I har you and it wpont happen again  smiley

ogugua88:

heheheheh! No mind me naa grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Big Girl Wows Social Media With Her Massive B@@bs - +18 Please / Painful Existence / Slay Queen With Super Big Boobs Exposes Nigerian Pastor Who Slept With Her:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.