Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,923 members, 7,909,443 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 04:27 AM

Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! - TV/Movies (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! (115705 Views)

Tanzania's Idris Wins Big Brother Africa Hotshots [photos] / Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread / Big Brother Africa 2! Register Online Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (85) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by mamus2010(f): 9:39pm On Nov 12, 2007
@ dalby,

i dont think you get the gist here!! the issue is not about judging richard, but its about choosing someone who we felt didnt reflect the core values of africa as the winner. and on this forum, we are trying to figure out why.i.e is it that public morals have degenerated so much so that watching a guy humiliate his wife and family in public is entertainment? or is it that a lot of africans identify with richard, or like someone said tanzania's neigbours simply voted one of their own?

the debate my dear, is whether choosing richard as the winner is a reflection of our degenerating moral values, or our idea of a sick joke!!

@ tampico,

please am still expecting your reply to my mail as regards the reunion.
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by Dalby(m): 9:53pm On Nov 12, 2007
mamus 2010:

@ dalby,

i don't think you get the gist here!! the issue is not about judging richard, but its about choosing someone who we felt didnt reflect the core values of africa as the winner. and on this forum, we are trying to figure out why.i.e is it that public morals have degenerated so much so that watching a guy humiliate his wife and family in public is entertainment? or is it that a lot of africans identify with richard, or like someone said tanzania's neigbours simply voted one of their own?

the debate my dear, is whether choosing richard as the winner is a reflection of our degenerating moral values, or our idea of a sick joke!!

@ tampico,

please am still expecting your reply to my mail as regards the reunion.

What you just said above is the jist after the result show, what we are talking about is actually before that wink

Back to your question, what values are we talking about, before the advent of the church or after

Adultry is not alien to any culture, talkless of the world David reguarded as a man after GOD's heart did it so

From the begining of time we have always had this mix of "GOOD" and "BAD" the world over
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by tommyex(m): 11:26pm On Nov 12, 2007
BBA2 is over
From a nigerian point of view,i suppose most of us are not happy but i can't still understand how out of 6 interviewed nigerians only 1 voted for her to win,i mean that sounds like some MNET TRICK.

Nothing much to say except i hope nigerian companies become better and up to international standard,out of topic,but i don't like the influx of coys from many countries coming to exploit,use and take our money away,i don't want to say much about this on this thread.I hope this government will be more strict on such issues.

I hope most of us see at our party.
I guess DALBY,LC n co are starting up BBNAIRALAND as the curtain is drawn on BBA2

Till when this thread ends.
Ciao
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by scorpio1(m): 1:30am On Nov 13, 2007
Has Anybody got compiled pictures of the just concluded BBA2?, Preferrably those nude G's, I got pictures from the BBA1, email me at cole4u_love@yahoo.com.
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by netotse(m): 2:24am On Nov 13, 2007
scorpio1:

Has Anybody got compiled pictures of the just concluded BBA2?, Preferrably those nude G's, I got pictures from the BBA1, email me at cole4u_love@yahoo.com.

u r one twisted bro,

uchetobi:

One of the reporters quizzed Richard on whether the money was worth his marriage, to which he replied forwardly, "The whole situation is messed up, but yes, it was worth it."

From BBA Forum, the press interview with Richard, I said it its all about the money 4 him

if thats true then i dont think anyone shld still be having richards back(personally if i knew his wife i'd recommend some tender loving GBH for him)

*for those that dont kno GBH stands for Grievous bodily harm*
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by Pain(m): 2:31am On Nov 13, 2007
Its all showbiz. The outcome was preconceived and perfected from the very beginning. There was a covert contract between BB, Richie and Tit. The whole marriage stufff was put forward to make BB II at least interesting to viewers.

I know its hard to believe but once u understand the world of showbiz and its intrigues, the u will understand that no one doles out 100G USD to u just like that. Remember Tit is an actress and Richie a model. Watch out for the advert and publicity that would follow the duo after this. Theres more money to be made from the "Adulterous" Pair. That what the world wants and thats what sells.

To be sincere, would anyone put the money on OFU? Next time try Nijja should impose an Actress on MTN and threaten them with their license and see the outcome. grin. your guess is as good as mine. I hope we all now know the consequences of not "belonging"( Gulder Ultimate Search back home is a good example- Winners are decided from the beginning- They are regulars at NBL HQ Bars B4 Showtime cool ). lipsrsealed

Shine thy eyes!
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by 9ja4eva: 6:16am On Nov 13, 2007
Huh sucks but its real
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by uchetobi(f): 8:27am On Nov 13, 2007
There is a live chat with Ofunneka and Tatiana at 12pm SA time
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by lawyerchap(m): 8:33am On Nov 13, 2007
Good morning people. Hope y'all slept well.

I was packing away my BBA2 paraphernalia last night and came across the notes i took on the day the housemates entered the house. There were some real titbits there. For example, Richard was the first housemate to use the sexual expletive "Bleep." No prizes for guessing who the second was. If you said Lerato, you'd be wrong. It was actually Tatiana. Less than an hour in the house and they were already throwing sexual swear words around. Richard also said he was bringing fire to the house (true) but he also said that, being married, there was definitely going to be no sex in the house (liar liar pants on fire). Tatiana proclaimed herself a flirt and she sure lived up to it before Richard caged her with his insane fits of jealousy. She was all over Jeff and Justice in the early stages of the game.

Jeff said he wanted to be photographed nearly nude shocked shocked shocked while Meryl with her overexaggerated opinion of herself said that the boys would be difficult to push away. More like she would be difficult to push away from the boys, as it turned out. wink

Justice apparently felt he was the only one with brains among the lot. He said he was coming to outsmart all the other housemates and take the money back to Botswana. He was the first housemate to be evicted. So much for outsmarting. grin grin

Max came into the house wearing a suit and running shoes. WTF Where was the fashion police that day? In my book that's the mother of all fashion faux pas and deserves a sentence of complete and total banishment from ever wearing a suit again. He also claimed to have a phobia for bathtubs but was uber-comfortable in the jacuzzi which is essentially an oversized bathtub. grin grin

Bertha said the guys would only be allowed to window shop but not buy anything, as in they can look but not touch. It turns out she did the shopping and she bought Kwaku second-hand. She also said she was ready to annihilate all the housemates to win the money. Turned out she got annihilated by the voters 12 votes to 1. Phew!

It was really great watching BBA2 with you guys and i can't wait to do it again.

Have you gotten in touch with Tampico? The reunion is going to be da bomb so better not miss it.
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by nnada(f): 8:47am On Nov 13, 2007
Am not even interested in that immature programme.
They should stop showing it.
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by uchetobi(f): 8:54am On Nov 13, 2007
Hey LC nice trip down memory lane, I guess tomorrow is always pregnant that’s why everything dint turn out as they have predicted, well yea iv contacted Tampico, yet to hear from her, have a great day
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by Tampico(f): 10:11am On Nov 13, 2007
@Uchetobi & Mamus 2010
Ive not gotten any mail from u guys. I checked my idiana1@yahoo.com and jiggywit_(underscore)tam@yahoo.com(which is preferable)accounts, and i didn't see any mail from u guys. Please resend ure mails this week, because i 'm booking the place on monday next week, including ure phone numbers ,username, and neccessary info, and i will definitely call u. I have contacted everybody that has mailed me. It's going to be off da hook!

@ALL
You guys are all quibbling and crying over spilt milk. If u want to say anything about the just concluded BBA2, u can recall the memories embedded in ure memories for all time. Or simply save the gist for the reunion. But like I said if u want to let it all out,"it's allowed". Personally i'm fed up. I just scroll to posts that have something better to say.  You guys take care now!Love y'all and I thank u once again for giving me a memorable day on my bday.
Tforever cool
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by 9ja4eva: 11:04am On Nov 13, 2007
When is the reunion holding?
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by Modups1(f): 12:04pm On Nov 13, 2007
AMAZING!!!
bba2 is over and some of us r still throwing tantrums, mudpies & screaming ourselves hoarse. TUT, TUT TUT,  undecided undecided undecided oh well

i really wish i could make this reunion but unfortunately i cant but i wish u guys a grand time. pls lets see some pictures

this is to all of you dat made watching this show & being on nairaland worthwhile
lawYerchap,ndi,salsera,jjummaaii,tampico,makin,tommyex,uchetobi,uche1,oluwanisol,dalby,masala girl,kikice,adechuks, spora,salvage,hazie,orikinla,peppi,9ja4eva,aziza,mamus2010,kaydee,pamperme and some others dat once in while dropped by give thier 2kobo 
THANKS TO YOU ALL  kiss kiss kiss
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by spora(m): 1:52pm On Nov 13, 2007
Richard: Uncut and Uncensored
http://www.mnetafrica.com/bigbrother/article/?id=813

Everyone wants a piece of him now that he is the winner of BBA 2, but before they get their hands on him, we managed to corner him and ask him a few difficult questions about his time in the House.

BB: How does it feel to be the winner?
Richard: Very exciting, I'm just trying to do my best as the winner.

BB: Is it weird to be out of the House and do you miss it?
Richard: It's odd but good. No I don't miss it but I did enjoy it.

BB: Did you have any kind of strategy and if so what was it?
Richard: No, no strategy. I was just real. I have lot of confidence and I knew I could do it. What you see is what you get.

BB: The Untouchables really tried to push you, especially in the Jacuzzi. Tells us about all that?
Richard: Yes, they tried and I responded. They had their strategy but I would not back down. That's me, if they bring it, I will stand up to it. You have to, otherwise they would keep on coming. I told them enough is enough. I shouted them down. After that they sunk. They were much softer. You could see they left me alone. They tried to push me with my jealousy and it's a problem I know but it's not their problem. If you are outnumbered you are voiceless, so I raised my voice.

BB: Will you be seeing Tatiana outside of the House?
Richard: Honestly, it makes no sense. We both have our own problems at home. We need to sort these things out. But if they cannot be sorted and seeing her helps me then why not? I won't forget her.
Playboy!. Tati is his lender of last resort

BB: You haven't spoken to your wife yet but what feedback has your family given you about the situation, and how do you feel about it?
Richard: It's not good. They (my Family) are not sure if she will see me. She is very hurt, I know this but you cannot force these things, if she will see me then she will see me. If not, what can I do? But I think she will see me and give me a chance to explain about things in the House.

BB: What will you say to her?
Richard: I will try to explain that no one can understand what it is like in the House. You are cut off from everything, it is not real. I had feelings and I'm that kind of guy. I didn't plan to fall in love. I never forgot her though and it hurt me to know that she was being hurt. I'm sorry but nobody can understand.

BB: Do you think that will be good enough for her?
Richard: No, I don't think so.

BB: What did you expect going into the House?
Richard: I thought I would chill with boys, maybe tease the girls a bit. You know just a bit of fun.

BB: When did you know it was starting to get serious with Tatiana?
Richard: When I bought the flowers. That night when we were in the Penthouse that was the hardest. I seriously considered leaving the House. My father always said you start what you finish, you don't abandon it, so I accepted the reality I was in no matter what the cost.

BB: Tell us about that Saturday?
Richard: Okay, this is what I remember. We were drinking. Then I was kissing Ofunneka. I remember the paramedic pulling me out of the room. I then went back I think and jumped in the middle of the bed. Then me and Ofunneka were kissing and stuff. Then Biggie called me, I think twice. I think I kissed the paramedic and then went to the Diary room. Biggie locked me in and I passed out. I might have mixed stuff up, but I think that's how it happened.
Liar

BB: There has been a lot of controversy about that day, tell us your feelings?
Richard: I was very drunk, I think a lot of people have done these things, I just did them in front of a camera. It was wrong but I'm not a bad person. I don't know what to say. I'm human.

BB: You're a celebrity now, you're sure to have a number of female fans throwing themselves at you, how will you cope with this?
Richard: I don't know how I will act in the future, but I like to think I will be good. I just want to focus on my career.

BB: Tells us about your plans for the future?
Richard: Well As I've said I want to make movies. Hopefully BB has given me exposure and obviously the money will help. Maybe you will come and watch a Richard Bezuidenhout picture in the future. I want to do it properly, professionally. I am very serious and passionate about this.

BB: What are you going to do with the money?
Richard: I'm going to use it to further my career.

BB: You mentioned charity, will you give some away?
Richard: No I never mentioned charity. I will use it for my career and then see.
Business man!

BB: What was the best part of the show?
Richard: I think the fake nominations. We had no idea. When they came back it was completely unexpected, we all thought they had been evicted.

BB: How about the moles?
Richard: I knew from the first moment. They were all in awe of us like they had just arrived and were amazed by us. Also they weren't dynamic enough to get this far. There was no way they would be winners. And Victor started straight away on my jealousy. It was all too convenient.

BB: Was it good to see the other Housemates and is there any resentment?
Richard: Yes it was nice, I especially enjoyed seeing Bertha. We fought at times but I felt she had no bitterness towards me. I have no resentment. It's just a game.

BB: On a lighter note did you shower today?
Richard: No, I didn't, there was no time.

BB: There was no time or there were no cameras? Remember, we all watched you say that you hate showering and once you went 12 days without cleaning.
Richard: Aaaaah dog no way, you were watching that ah. What can I say?
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by ireke(m): 2:05pm On Nov 13, 2007
IS THIS TRUE

Big Brother Controversy: Nigeria thinks Ofunneka didn’t win because she was Nigeria, her state will giver her $100K
I know most of us think she's the winner but did her state government did what BB failed to do? check the story out.
http://hottestgossip.co.za/?p=731
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by uchetobi(f): 2:41pm On Nov 13, 2007
• @Ireke of course not, did u see it in any Nigerian paper? I can assure you that wont come from tax payers money
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by oluwanisol(f): 3:10pm On Nov 13, 2007
R they sure they will give her the money?
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by spora(m): 3:46pm On Nov 13, 2007
I don't support that at all especially if it has to come from the tax payer's money. Ofunne has not gone there to represent Nigeria. It is a private affair. However, I will strongly support an encouragement from individuals at least for "representing" us well.
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by Seun(m): 3:48pm On Nov 13, 2007
It's easy to be generous with other peoples' money.

I can assure you that wont come from tax payers money
How can you be so sure?
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by uchetobi(f): 3:54pm On Nov 13, 2007
its not true, some body made up that story, anyways whatever!
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by uchetobi(f): 3:56pm On Nov 13, 2007
pls lets not fight over it, except somebody can provide a link to a Nigerian Newspaper not some gossip site, or someone can come out to say he saw it on STV, I watched STV news at 10 yesterday and there was no such mention, I read 5 Nigerian newspaper today and still no such mention
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by lawyerchap(m): 4:19pm On Nov 13, 2007
Given the lack of a verifiable source for this piece of information, I think it's a fabrication but it could lead to the governor actually doing something along those lines if he gets to hear this rumour. The power of suggestion.
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by oyinmama(f): 4:28pm On Nov 13, 2007
Hi all,this may be medicine after death, but i noticed that no one picked up the twist that MNET put to the voting on Sunday. At about 4.30 p.m. I clicked 'OK' on my screen and the latest news was that TOTAL INDIVIDUAL VOTES WOULD BE COUNTED FOR EACH CONTESTANT, and not NATIONAL BLOCK VOTE as had been the case all along. There & then, I had guessed that Richard would win,cuz most people wouldnt bother voting more than once, since they assumed that at the end of the day,it would still be ONE vote/country. Wonder why viewers had not been informed about the new vote counting system AT LEAST A WEEK before the finale? Anyhow, its all good, Ofunneka is my winner anyday, she'll probably go much further than Richard, i refuse to believe that it was Richard's crass behaviour & crude attitude to women that won him the money.  Brought back memories of Project Fame, where Dare should have come 1st or 2nd as against 3rd.

Once again I say, it's all good, BBA2 nairaland forum was fun while it lasted, all d best to all forum members, hope we hook up on another exciting topic soonest, CHEERS!
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by uchetobi(f): 4:31pm On Nov 13, 2007
I agree LC
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by Seun(m): 4:46pm On Nov 13, 2007
lawyerchap:

Given the lack of a verifiable source for this piece of information, I think it's a fabrication but it could lead to the governor actually doing something along those lines if he gets to hear this rumour. The power of suggestion.
That's probably true.
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by makin(m): 6:14pm On Nov 13, 2007
lawyerchap:

Given the wasteful and almost nonsensical nature of our politicians, especially those from 9ja delta, don't doubt it, that same Delta State has a political big wig who celebrated his first Billion with 2 days of partying, i wasn't told unfortunately (or fortunately as u might view it) i was staying in his Guest house as at then (circa 2005).
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by spora(m): 7:37pm On Nov 13, 2007
@makin
ao's ur trip? welcome back!
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by 3dhunter(m): 7:46pm On Nov 13, 2007
LG Chairmen give more than that at their friends wedding not to talk of this (national) issue. tax payers money or not, Mr Governor ca n do that if he wants to.
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by mayanka(f): 8:00pm On Nov 13, 2007
Being a Tanzanian babe. am so proud of my home boy but not proud of what he did to his wife. thats not how Tanzanian men treat their women. so i truly hope he'll b able to patch things out with her and use the money wisely, knowing tz cheeks where there is money they come running like bees. congrats Richard and big up Tanzania. grin wink
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by Seun(m): 8:06pm On Nov 13, 2007
African morality is only skin deep. It is only for show. BBA has exposed us for what we are - hypocrites.
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by Egavlas(m): 8:17pm On Nov 13, 2007
@Mayanka

I can see you only have 2 posts so I say welcome .

But If you are not proud of what Richard did to his wife, what exactly are you proud of in him?

Cause that seems to me as the beginning and end thing he did in the house. Humiliate his wife.

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (85) (Reply)

Picture Quality Of TSTV: Bein Sport HD Live On Tstv / Jackie Chan Died Of Heart Attack @ Age 56 / Gulder Ultimate Search 10 Official Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.