Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,182 members, 7,887,430 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:47 AM

Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI (28956 Views)

RCCG: Mad Man Disrupts Church Service As Members Scamper For Safety / Christian Student Beaten To Death For Wearing Cross In Egypt / As A Christian Student, What Would You Rather Be Doing During This Long Vacation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (23) (Go Down)

Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by binaflexia: 4:09pm On Aug 17, 2010

my dear friend u are so fast and sharp to castigate me based on freedom of expression. The God I serve tells me vengeance is mine. I do not need to fight for my God, cos he is not a dead God but a living and powerful one for that matter. If your god is potent, why do u fight for it? u people need to reason like high class humans and not the low class warm blooded animal that your actions portray

What about freedom of choice, religion, association?

Freedom of expression indeed!.

Anyway, I'm not a muslim, i was only reacting to the last line of your previous post. Try to be less insultive ( true Christians don't say negative words against any group or persons).

Finally, when there is a matter at hand, try to direct your opinion on the matter and not trying to insult any group or persons.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Demdem(m): 4:24pm On Aug 17, 2010
botaj:

To those people who said muslims are over reacting, Isrealis who are busy killing civilians,aid workers,activist and children in palestine are not as much publicised as suicide bombers in iraq are more publicised.

Honestly, i dont fully understand what u are trying to say but who told u that Isrealis are majorly xtians? They are more Jewish and Muslims in the state of Isreal than XtIaN

I av said it before and will continue to say it again until i am convinced otherwise: Every True and practising islamic adherent is a POTENTIAL Terrorist
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by MUZBO(m): 4:27pm On Aug 17, 2010
BOMANY:

If you read the Arabic translation of the bible, you will find Allah is used as a name of God. Allah was the name of God even before Quran, even there was a dispute in Malaysia as the government wanted to ristrict the use of Allah to Muslims only, so the churches there rejeted the decision till it was revirsed

sometimes when I need some amusement i just look for such idiotic comments from the same group of zealots  tongue tongue

I'm even surprised you would try to teach ignorant pple who dont want to learn here. . .they only come here to spread disharmony no matter how. Imagine someone here saying god is ilah(note the small letter 'g' used to depict lesser gods) and still trying to prove it is same as 'God'. They cant solely face the fact th@ the girl was wrong they only compare with other not so dramatic and premeditated occurences.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by alamsdee: 4:34pm On Aug 17, 2010
binaflexia:

What about freedom of choice, religion, association?

Freedom of expression indeed!.

Anyway, I'm not a muslim, i was only reacting to the last line of your previous post. Try to be less insultive ( true Christians don't say negative words against any group or persons).

Finally, when there is a matter at hand, try to direct your opinion on the matter and not trying to insult any group or persons.

i did not insult any group or religious sect. I only stated the true fact about the state of affairs in Nigeria. No one seems to notice Nigeria is gradually slipping into catastrophe, previously we compared Nigeria to Singapore, Malaysia e.t.c. Now Ghana is gradually leaving us behind. What are we so happy to celebrate about 50 years of independence, absolutely nothing,
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by tkb417(m): 4:36pm On Aug 17, 2010
where are those championing for the gurl to be imprisoned?

have they gone for medical check ups?

This NL is fast becoming a rubbish place

imprison the babe? FOR WHAT??
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by kemisuga(f): 4:44pm On Aug 17, 2010
I AM SHORT OF WORDS lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Oba234: 4:51pm On Aug 17, 2010
botaj:

The girl and those of you supporting her just because you are of the same religion should get yourselves ckecked up. How many christian had she preached to become born again. you guys are looking for every means to provocate muslims and when they react you start saying all sort of rubbish. You guys should get yourselves informed by looking for info cos you guys really dont know how much christians are frustating muslims. why do they have to do a cartoon about mohamed if not to provocate cos how many have done about Jesus,moses,Noah,Adam,Jacob and others,if muslims need to do a cartoon about mohamed then leave it to them. Why do they have to print a revised Quran when muslims are yet to do it themselves if not for provocation

Are muslims the only one that are provoked? Christianity is always made fun of in the US media. Jewish people are constantly made fun of. Mormons belief is made fun of constantly in the cartoon. There are countless cartoon of Jesus, Noah, etc. The animated show Simpsons have made fun of the bible countless times. The show on cartoon network called Southpark make of Jesus all the time. Do you see christians protesting against it? The one time that the show made fun of the Koran and Mohammed, Muslims threaten the life of the producer and they had to take the show off the air. There is a clear double standard in the media when it comes to religion. In 2005, the show south park had the a statue of the virgin mary defecated on the pope, in 2007, the show displayed Jesus defecated on president bush, etc.  Haba, what's so special about your religion that no one can make fun of it and why are you guys ready to kill as soon as somebody provoke you and yet you carry the banner of peace?
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by saintchux(m): 5:03pm On Aug 17, 2010
Is so unfortunate.

That is not the kind of mission our Lord Jesus Christ commissioned us to do.

1. She dressed like a Muslim. At that point, she is a Muslim which she want to preach against it, let assume rapture took place at that time. What will happen to her? A Muslim
2. Dressing like a Muslim while she is a Christian is impersonation, as law student she should know the implication.
3. Going to a mosque to preach against Muslim is an infringement of the right of association and religion of people. That is provocation at the highest level.

I thank God that she was not killed and I will keep on praying that she will not be killed or kidnapped. She is playing with her life.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by tkb417(m): 5:09pm On Aug 17, 2010
^^^ shocked shocked shocked
jeeeezzzz

isnt that thing you posted moronic? (points 1 & 2)

just wondering?
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Oba234: 5:10pm On Aug 17, 2010
saintchux:

Is so unfortunate.

That is not the kind of mission our Lord Jesus Christ commissioned us to do.

1. She dressed like a Muslim. At that point, she is a Muslim which she want to preach against it, let assume rapture took place at that time. What will happen to her? A Muslim
2. Dressing like a Muslim while she is a Christian is impersonation, as law student she should know the implication.
3. Going to a mosque to preach against Muslim is an infringement of the right of association and religion of people. That is provocation at the highest level.

I thank God that she was not killed and I will keep on praying that  she will not be killed or kidnapped. She is playing with her life.

do you think her action should have invoke people from the religion of peace to want to killed her? nobody is saying what she did was right. Actually it was down right stupid, but her action should not have provoked violence especially if you are from the religion of peace.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 17, 2010
Churches bombed, Christians murdered in places like Pakistan and Afghanistan on a daily basis with the authorities not giving a hoot, Christians killed in their own churches by Muslims in Indonesia etc and the authorities supporting their fellow Muslim brothers, Christians massacred in Northern Nigeria for no just cause.

Compare the above to the misguided lone ranger of a young girl, overtaken by zeal for the lost souls of her Muslim brethren , there is no basis for comparison.

Only Muslims have to keep whining and fighting for their god. Is he really a god at all  

If the roles were reversed in a similar scenario, the Muslim girl would have been hailed as a brave warrior for Muhammad.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Sagamite(m): 5:14pm On Aug 17, 2010
botaj:

To those people who said muslims are over reacting, Isrealis who are busy killing civilians,aid workers,activist and children in palestine are not as much publicised as suicide bombers in iraq are more publicised.

Where do you get such rubbish, ediotic statement?

Isreal is lambarded in the press everytime.

botaj:

The girl and those of you supporting her just because you are of the same religion should get yourselves ckecked up. How many christian had she preached to become born again. you guys are looking for every means to provocate muslims and when they react you start saying all sort of rubbish. You guys should get yourselves informed by looking for info cos you guys really dont know how much christians are frustating muslims. why do they have to do a cartoon about mohamed if not to provocate cos how many have done about Jesus,moses,Noah,Adam,Jacob and others,if muslims need to do a cartoon about mohamed then leave it to them. Why do they have to print a revised Quran when muslims are yet to do it themselves if not for provocation

And so?

You cannot ignore them?

Because someone drew a cartoon of Mohammed in Denmark means some retards should attack someone in Nigeria or Turkey?
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Nobody: 5:16pm On Aug 17, 2010
Sagamite:

Where do you get such rubbish, ediotic statement?

Isreal is lambarded in the press everytime.

lol.   grin grin grin grin grin grin

Some people who blame the Jews for everything negative that goes on in the world.

The Jews are blamed by some Muslims for earthquakes, bad luck, poverty, disease , the list is endless.

Thats how Hitler was able to gain support for his ill fated bid to exterminate them.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Nobody: 5:17pm On Aug 17, 2010
na 2day?
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by ud4u: 5:18pm On Aug 17, 2010
That behaivour is too bad
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Sagamite(m): 5:23pm On Aug 17, 2010
saintchux:

How is that impersonation?

Where in Ifon-Alaye mechanic garage did you get your own law degree?

saintchux:

Yep, and there should be consequences for that.

She did not only preach, she stealthly disrupted their freedom and caused a public nuisance offence.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by kobikwelu(m): 5:26pm On Aug 17, 2010
i am a christian

if the story is true (cos i dont believe everything i read especially here on NL, headquarters of radicalism and escapism)

then i think the girl was out of line,

every one should tolerate each other including their beliefs and sexual orientation (though if u are homo, dont near me oooooo)

my  2 kobo
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by CGKing(m): 5:27pm On Aug 17, 2010
@ Sagamite

Come to berger. Listen to their early morning call and tel me its not hate messages. Dont argue now, just listen first. or tell someone you know to listen.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Sagamite(m): 5:27pm On Aug 17, 2010
Oba234:

I am shock by the amount of Muslims that are advocating for extreme punishment for this girl, Let me get this straight, How can Muslims claim that their religion is a religion of peace, but are quick to anger when they are being provoked. For example, how can I claim to be a peaceful person but quick to knock somebody out as soon as somebody provoke me?

The worst thing is when you are the only one that claims to be "of peace" out of EVERYBODY. Yet, you are the ONLY one quick to violence and justifying it at any provocation. And we are talking about violence against people that have no hand in the action that is "provocation".
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Sagamite(m): 5:30pm On Aug 17, 2010
CGKing:

@ Sagamite

Come to berger. Listen to their early morning call and tel me its not hate messages. Dont argue now, just listen first. or tell someone you know to listen.

Abeg give me low-down.

You no me, I be London buta. Fresh as vegetable, sausage-eating, cornflakes taking, Queen's English-speaking buta. cheesy

Wetin be content of early morning call.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by tkb417(m): 5:31pm On Aug 17, 2010
CGKing:

@ Sagamite

Saga is in London

ill go to Berger

who preaches at Berger and where exactly in Berger
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by tkb417(m): 5:31pm On Aug 17, 2010
Sagamite:

Abeg give me low-down.

You no me, I be London buta. Fresh as vegetable, sausage-eating, cornflakes taking, Queen's English-speaking buta. cheesy

Wetin be content of early morning call.
cos you live in London no mean say u fresh oh

yahooboiz full london na tongue tongue tongue
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Sagamite(m): 5:37pm On Aug 17, 2010
tkb417:

cos you live in London no mean say u fresh oh

yahooboiz full london na tongue tongue tongue

My skin is not used to that hot sun in Africa. tongue

I have a few friends that are from Africa and they said the sun was too hot and Africa was dirty. They are from a place called Gambia, do you know them since you also live in Africa?  grin
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by tkb417(m): 5:41pm On Aug 17, 2010
^^^

agbaya grin
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Sagamite(m): 5:49pm On Aug 17, 2010
tkb417:

^^^

agbaya grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin

That is the kind of shyt I faced when I first moved to UK.

In the college I enrolled in, I was chatting with some London-born Turkish girl and she asked me where I was from and I said Nigeria.

She said "Oh, you mean Africa". I said "No, Nigeria".

She said "I am from Turkey, when people ask me, I don't say I am from Istanbul. I say my country".

My jaw dropped that can someone be so ignorant and dumb. This is someone that had finished secondary school. grin

That said, I went to those inner city, poor man's college, where people get stabbed in the toilet.  grin So not the smartest set of students.

Danny Shittu was also there and we used to say hi because I was obviously JJC from Naija with my Timberlands and Ralph Lauren shirts.  grin I used to joke with my friend that what kind of weights is that guy carrying, see muscles.  grin
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by binaflexia: 5:54pm On Aug 17, 2010
alamsdee:

i did not insult any group or religious sect. I only stated the true fact about the state of affairs in Nigeria. No one seems to notice Nigeria is gradually slipping into catastrophe, previously we compared Nigeria to Singapore, Malaysia e.t.c. Now Ghana is gradually leaving us behind. What are we so happy to celebrate about 50 years of  independence, absolutely nothing,

You don't need to always remind a blind man that "he is blind". It's annoying!
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by tkb417(m): 5:55pm On Aug 17, 2010
@saga
lmao @ im from Turkey not Istanbul

hehehehe

mehn, im sure the gurl thinks Africa is a country
lolol
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by binaflexia: 6:29pm On Aug 17, 2010
Nobody should take this too personal.

The girl has done something wrong, it is now left for the school authorities to do whatever they want with her.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Roliks09: 6:35pm On Aug 17, 2010
I hope the babe is happy now. Cos I wonder what her aim was. Perhaps thats the question we should be asking - what the hell was her objective? Was that the best way to pass across her message? It wasnt about spreading the gospel. It was a pure attempt at provocation. She dressed like a muslim. Which true preacher would disguise lyk a sect you believe is destined for hell? Trying to deceive us that she's a muslim? She didnt preach before or during sermon. She preached when Salat was on, capitalizing on the silence. She knew prayers would continue, no matter what. That was mischief making at its highest. She's never going to be the same again and may never hold any public post as this incidence would always be cited to make a case for her biaseness. For a law student in trainin, I'm dissapointed. Whoever her advisors were, didnt do her any good at all. Hope she has truly learnt. A letter of apology wouldnt be out of place.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Purist(m): 6:38pm On Aug 17, 2010
Okay, I initially refrained from posting on this thread, but . . .

saintchux:

This has got to be the most moronic comment I've read today.  Damn!
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by aroju(m): 6:39pm On Aug 17, 2010
, the lady needs to be taken to a psychiatric hospital for a Psychiatrist evaluation because she may become Lunatic at any time "t" where t is undefined but not equals to zero!!!!!!!!
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 17, 2010
The Muslim Community is not overreacting. For a sane person to have decided to carry out such a terrorist act, then she must has been sponsored by a yet-to-know group.

Roflmao!!! You think say we resemble una? undecided

I described her act as terrorism because she was ready to die. That is a sucide mission. She wanted to hang her live on the muslim community. But thanks to the One & Only God, Who guided the muslims to the right path.

Right path indeed. After beating her mercilessly, committing assault and battery? grin

I urge the muslim community to handle the matter with care and maintain their demands from the school authority.

And if these demands are not met, I hope Nigerians will not pay with their blood. Religion of peace indeed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (23)

Mike Bamiloye: You Are A Hired Assassin, If You Dress Seductively To Church / Ebony Reigns' Mortuary Video Was Taken For Spiritual Purposes – Eagle Prophet / Anthony Cardinal Okogie As A Nigerian Army Chaplain During The Civil War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.