Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,858 members, 7,872,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:22 AM

Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI (28909 Views)

RCCG: Mad Man Disrupts Church Service As Members Scamper For Safety / Christian Student Beaten To Death For Wearing Cross In Egypt / As A Christian Student, What Would You Rather Be Doing During This Long Vacation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Go Down)

Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by spearman(m): 7:24pm On Aug 16, 2010
NL is PC
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by naso2(m): 7:26pm On Aug 16, 2010
Abeg make we hear word. What the lady did was bad but i think  this is being blown out of proportion. Expel wetin abeg make una relax.

She can be suspended and cautioned. If a moslem did that in a church, like "ALAH IS THE WAY, YOUR PASTOR IS DECIEVING YOU"  the reaction will not come anywhere close to what we are seeing here.

1 Like

Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Nobody: 7:27pm On Aug 16, 2010
Ibadan (UI, in particular) is gaining unfortunate notoriety for senseless evangelism. One guy there once scaled the fence and jumped right inside the lion's den at UI Zoo to convert the poor animal. He must have been told, in a vision, that the animal belonged to the wrong religion. He ended up being devoured. His carcass was forcefully rescued from the jaws of the "King of the Jungle".

Now, another insane girl dressed like a muslim, entered the mosque and began her evangelism right inside the mosque. She was lucky to have escaped unscratched. She should thank her stars for Ramadan.

This is an instance of extreme provocation which should be condemned by all right thinking persons.

Is anybody still in doubt that we are the most religious people on earth. It is only in this clime that we take religion to this absurd level. In spite of our pretence to purity, we are associated with all forms of societal ills outside the shores of Nigeria.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by 0hsisi: 7:29pm On Aug 16, 2010
na_so:

Abeg make we hear word. What the lady did was bad but i think  this is being blown out of proportion. Expel wetin abeg make una relax.

She can be suspended and cautioned. If a moslem did that in a church, like "ALAH IS THE WAY, YOUR PASTOR IS DECIEVING YOU"  the reaction will not come anywhere close to what we are seeing here.

Please sharap!
Muslims have done worse in Nigeria and caused havoc the whole world over
They have killed people in Churches and while they slept at night
[b]By Jove,Muslim Sunnis and shittes hack each other down with machetes in mosques all the time,[/b]don't act like this is the worst thing you've heard.
Every Christian would condemn the action of this lady as unChristian but that doesn't give you the right to pass off Islam as some kind of tolerant religion when we know the truth.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by naso2(m): 7:32pm On Aug 16, 2010
@0hsisi

y u dey tell me to sharap na? we seem to share same viewpoint, abi apollo don reach ya side. ABeg read my post well.

1 Like

Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by tkb417(m): 7:34pm On Aug 16, 2010
^^^

i was wondering why she said sharrap grin grin

cos both of u are saying the same thing
lololol
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Busybody2(f): 7:37pm On Aug 16, 2010
Nigerians and their misguided sense of priorities, only just yesterday Police sets up illegal check points to extort N20 naira from drivers causing a pile up involving several loss of lives, they indiscriminately fired bullets into the crowd to make their getaway, people say this is a regular occurence in Naija.

THe spokesperson for the Police came out on the defensive claiming the public are liars, WHAT HAPPENS AFTERWARD? LIFE GOES ON, AND HERE MORONS ARE HAVING MEETINGS TO DISCUSS WAGING WAR AGAINST THE "ONE TERRORIST GIRL" IN THEIR MIDST, SHIOR undecided I WEEP FOR NIGERIA cry cry cry
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Nobody: 7:38pm On Aug 16, 2010
tkb417:

^^^ exactly

You just hammered in my point

Unfortunately, the one that happened in Ife never got 'rave reviews' like this so no one got expelled angry angry

tkb417, whats your problem?

Because what happened in ife didn't get wide publicity does not mean what she did was right.

Say for a fact, She was wrong, Ife's case was another entire pot of soup,   sad

0hsisi:

Please sharap!
Muslims have done worse in Nigeria and caused havoc the whole world over
They have killed people in Churches and while they slept at night
[b]By Jove,Muslim Sunnis and shittes hack each other down with machetes in mosques all the time,[/b]don't act like this is the worst thing you've heard.
Every Christian would condemn the action of this lady as unChristian but that doesn't give you the right to pass off Islam as some kind of tolerant religie truth.

I see , Old habits die hard, wink

you still havent stop this your religious bigotry.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by likeme(m): 7:40pm On Aug 16, 2010
Freedom of speech!
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by naso2(m): 7:42pm On Aug 16, 2010
Make muslims send people go talk inside church in the middle of sermon too make case end. Infact make dem go redemption camp self and talk in the middle of pastor Adeboye sermon. Provided na just talk, I promise nothing will happen.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by tkb417(m): 7:48pm On Aug 16, 2010
tkb417, whats your problem?

Because what happened in ife didn't get wide publicity does not mean what she did was right.

Say for a fact, She was wrong, Ife's case was another entire pot of soup
what is your problem too?

show me where i said what she did was right

if u cannot, scram
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by nopuqeater: 7:50pm On Aug 16, 2010
The Problems with Muslims, are many. One of them is that most are reactionaries. It would have been a good thing if the Imam had told the young woman to wait until the Jumuah prayer ends, to be given a platform to practice her future trade in front of the Muslims.

Maybe there was a future lawyer from the muslim side, and a good hearty debate could have taken place. She, defending Jesus and prosecuting Muhammad or maybe it was Islam. she would have been forced to answer many questions and provide evidence, which her trade force her to go on.

To me, that was an opportunity lost by the Muslims. After all, she was already wearing Hijab and Kimar. All she needed was taking Shahadah tain.

Muslims do lose these types of opportunities to make a great impact in the heart of man, for the pleasure of Allah.

I do not blame the christian woman, the muslims should have risen to the occasion. I remember a somewhat similar situation, with the same lost opportunity to get an adversary in islamic camp, when the young journalist spoke about the messenger (AS), in a fondly manner about his appreciation for good looking women.

these two women, if the muslims have been moderate and practical in their reaction, dialoguing with them, engaging their mind and conscience, maybe they would have turned out to be muslim women, instead of alienating anyone, projecting the same impression that are tools of criticism in the arsenals of the enemies of Islam.

Ohsisi is insincere by saying only muslims kill themselves and others. Christians, jews and others do exactly the same. The holiest church is a place that the each christan sect displays itd hatred for the other sects can be seen, regularly. The Jewish police often came to be the peace makers, and the key to the church, its opening and closing are responsibilities of muslim families. yet, in all, the christian world over have not suported the cause of palestinians, muslims and christians and others against the jews who are still boasting that they will kill Jesus if they see him, again.

further, the woman,, ohsisi is wrong when she said that every christian condemns the action of the woman. Proof; read what we have so far on this board. i dont mind what she did, but the muslims should have engaged her in the besr manner. does religion makes anyone violent? well her action belies what Ohsisi said about islam being violent while others are meek and so peace loving. she needs to ask the jews of israel if they are peaceful toward the christians. we already know that Ishmael (as0 was a torn on the psyche side of Jews from Isaac and jacob. What about the christians having the same traditions with them?

christians of spain killed jews wen they were killing muslims. christian germany killed jews. Poland was christian, too. england had to be terrorized by the jews before the state of israel was formed.

ohsisi, stop telling people to sharap[p] when you should have told yourself the same.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by oladayo042: 7:51pm On Aug 16, 2010
likeme:

Freedom of speech!
Expantiate

Did u read the thread at all??
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Nobody: 7:53pm On Aug 16, 2010
tkb417:

what is your problem too?

show me where i said what she did was right

if u cannot, scram

Oh i see, i don't have time for peeps like you,

Moreover, I don't need goggles or brain machine to see that you were trying to deviate from the topic by posting your ife tales by moonlight.  cool
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by DisGuy: 8:14pm On Aug 16, 2010
Ibadan (UI, in particular) is gaining unfortunate notoriety for senseless evangelism. One guy there once scaled the fence and jumped right inside the lion's den at UI Zoo to convert the poor animal. He must have been told, in a vision, that the animal belonged to the wrong religion. He ended up being devoured. His carcass was forcefully rescued from the jaws of the "King of the Jungle".

the water he drank was anointed you can contact me for more information about this anointing water snm@nairaland.com

you can enter kano with it trust me cheesy
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Nobody: 8:27pm On Aug 16, 2010
nopuqeater:

The Problems with Muslims, are many. One of them is that most are reactionaries. It would have been a good thing if the Imam had told the young woman to wait until the Jumuah prayer ends, to be given a platform to practice her future trade in front of the Muslims.

Maybe there was a future lawyer from the muslim side, and a good hearty debate could have taken place. She, defending Jesus and prosecuting Muhammad or maybe it was Islam. she would have been forced to answer many questions and provide evidence, which her trade force her to go on.

To me, that was an opportunity lost by the Muslims. After all, she was already wearing Hijab and Kimar. All she needed was taking Shahadah tain.

Muslims do lose these types of opportunities to make a great impact in the heart of man, for the pleasure of Allah.

I do not blame the christian woman, the muslims should have risen to the occasion. I remember a somewhat similar situation, with the same lost opportunity to get an adversary in islamic camp, when the young journalist spoke about the messenger (AS), in a fondly manner about his appreciation for good looking women.

these two women, if the muslims have been moderate and practical in their reaction, dialoguing with them, engaging their mind and conscience, maybe they would have turned out to be muslim women, instead of alienating anyone, projecting the same impression that are tools of criticism in the arsenals of the enemies of Islam.

Ohsisi is insincere by saying only muslims kill themselves and others. Christians, jews and others do exactly the same. The holiest church is a place that the each christan sect displays itd hatred for the other sects can be seen, regularly. The Jewish police often came to be the peace makers, and the key to the church, its opening and closing are responsibilities of muslim families. yet, in all, the christian world over have not suported the cause of palestinians, muslims and christians and others against the jews who are still boasting that they will kill Jesus if they see him, again.

further, the woman,, ohsisi is wrong when she said that every christian condemns the action of the woman. Proof; read what we have so far on this board. i dont mind what she did, but the muslims should have engaged her in the besr manner. does religion makes anyone violent? well her action belies what Ohsisi said about islam being violent while others are meek and so peace loving. she needs to ask the jews of israel if they are peaceful toward the christians. we already know that Ishmael (as0 was a torn on the psyche side of Jews from Isaac and jacob. What about the christians having the same traditions with them?

christians of spain killed jews wen they were killing muslims. christian germany killed jews. Poland was christian, too. england had to be terrorized by the jews before the state of israel was formed.

ohsisi, stop telling people to sharap[p] when you should have told yourself the same.
And what does she stand to gain from her intrusion, make a record or what ? Cuz her action has not caused any different to the muslims save for the disruption and tension the stu pid girl's action generated.christainity is becoming extreme this days.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Okijajuju1(m): 8:38pm On Aug 16, 2010
Have we all been so blinded by our religions that we now justify wrong doings?!

SO because some Muslim fundamentalists have in the past attacked christians unprovoked, burnt down their places of worship and pillaged there homes, now make it alright for a christian to do the same to a muslim?!
I dont get the whole point of "Havent the muslims done worse". We are addressing an issue that would have caused a big riot that may have resulted in both christian, muslim and innocent pagan deaths and people are busy comparing events. Stop partially condemning the girl and say it as it is. She was very wrong.

I have to say I am impressed with the muslims who were present at the time of the incident for maintaining such composure as to let that girl leave the mosque without a scratch. When I was reading the original post, I was expecting a lynching end of some sort.

This should be a warning to all you religious bigots, In the process of spreading your gospels, be careful the things you say, where you say it & how you say it cos the resultant effect of one careless action might be bigger than you can ever imagine.

@ Topic

She should be arrested and detained by the authorities pending trial and subsquent imprisonment. In the mean time, the Vice-chancellor of UI should immediately expel the girl from the institution to avert a crisis on his campus. The Islamic leaders should start preaching tolerance and forgiveness in their meetings to quel whatever pockets of anger that some restive muslim students might still be harbouring. The head of the Christian movement on the UI campus should immediately offer an appology to its muslim counterparts for the actions of the said student. The religious cleric in the state should also begin to preach peace and unity amongst religions so that this dosent escalate in another Jos crisis.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by 0hsisi: 8:42pm On Aug 16, 2010
Now that juju has entered the thread , grin
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by dayokanu(m): 8:43pm On Aug 16, 2010
Okija_juju:

Have we all been so blinded by our religions that we now justify wrong doings?!

SO because some Muslim fundamentalists have in the past attacked christians unprovoked, burnt down their places of worship and pillaged there homes, now make it alright for a christian to do the same to a muslim?!
I dont get the whole point of "Havent the muslims done worse". We are addressing an issue that would have caused a big riot that may have resulted in both christian, muslim and innocent pagan deaths and people are busy comparing events. Stop partially condemning the girl and say it as it is. She was very wrong.

I have to say I am impressed with the muslims who were present at the time of the incident for maintaining such composure as to let that girl leave the mosque without a scratch. When I was reading the original post, I was expecting a lynching end of some sort.

This should be a warning to all you religious bigots, In the process of spreading your gospels, be careful the things you say, where you say it & how you say it cos the resultant effect of one careless action might be bigger than you can ever imagine.

@ Topic

She should be arrested and detained by the authorities pending trial and subsquent imprisonment. In the mean time, the Vice-chancellor of UI should immediately expel the girl from the institution to avert a crisis on his campus. The Islamic leaders should start preaching tolerance and forgiveness in their meetings to quel whatever pockets of anger that some restive muslim students might still be harbouring. The head of the Christian movement on the UI campus should immediately offer an appology to its muslim counterparts for the actions of the said student. The religious cleric in the state should also begin to preach peace and unity amongst religions so that this dosent escalate in another Jos crisis.

Excellent point. I dont support her imprisonment anyway. Expulsion and in her own interest find a way out of Nigeria. There might be a silent Fatwa on her head
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Princeofilorin(m): 8:46pm On Aug 16, 2010
I dey vex as the news just reach me so.i'm a student of the University but on 6months IT in Lagos.

The chick is daft and should have be lashed at least a 100 strokes. sad

If i dey the mosque,i for slap am angry angry

1 Like

Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by manmustwac(m): 8:49pm On Aug 16, 2010
if she tried that nonsense in the north they would've lynched her.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Okijajuju1(m): 8:51pm On Aug 16, 2010
On the issue of a FATWA being put on her, I wouldnt doubt it. I think she has earned it.

I suggested imprisonment cos Nigeria is a country that is multi-cultural, multi-lingual and multi-religious. All of these multipicity have a tendency to break down into violence if tolerance & unity isnt enforced.

I think she has presented herself to be used as an example for the greater good. If fake corp member were given 3 years for a non-violent offence, I think she should get 5 years for a potentially violent offence, especially since hers was pre-meditated.

My opinion!
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by tkb417(m): 8:55pm On Aug 16, 2010
mdsocks:

Oh i see, i don't have time for peeps like you,

Moreover, I don't need goggles or brain machine to see that you were trying to deviate from the topic by posting your ife tales by moonlight. cool

If you went to a proper school, where proper education was dished out

you should be able to understand what im doing

nyways, indulge ur other dongoyaros, i nor dey chat peeps like una
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by tkb417(m): 8:57pm On Aug 16, 2010
how are the commentators here different from some of the people in a concentrated camp?

she should be imprisoned?

like seriously, na joke abi wetin?
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by member479760: 9:00pm On Aug 16, 2010
It is long overdue for the government to scrap all the religious whatever  from the school activities. Students should wake up and understand that they are just on training in the school for that short period and not to adopt stupor.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Sharonf(f): 9:12pm On Aug 16, 2010
Expel the fo'ol
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Nobody: 9:21pm On Aug 16, 2010
tkb417:

If you went to a proper school, where proper education was dished out

you should be able to understand what im doing

nyways, indulge your other dongoyaros, i nor dey chat peeps like una

Typical Nland member, if they can't argue their point they resort to names calling and ethnic dogmatism,

For your info am not from d north and I am used to your type, this isn't new for me,

When something is bad, Say it is bad

[size=5pt]Don't go round dancing Macaba dance on simple issues. [/size]    wink
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by seal777(m): 9:38pm On Aug 16, 2010
@tkb417,

I am a former student in ife 1997 - 2002, when strikes and things like this was at its peak - what has the activities in OAU,ife got to do with what just happened in ibadan?, what is bad is bad, be it done by a muslim or a christian.
As much as we might wish that everyone belong to our religious group, ever reason why God allowed it this way?, its simple for God to pronounce everyone as muslims or christians if he so wishes.

Advice:
All said and done, i hope sincerely that my fellow muslim brothers and sisters in UI will for the sake of Allah and the sacred month of ramadan allow the
authority to handle the issue and for peace to reign in UI.

In conclusion:
Lets all be careful with our comments and actions so we dont end up in the deeper part of hell for misleading people, thinking we are wining souls for either religion.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by JUO(m): 9:57pm On Aug 16, 2010
hummmm
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by hdwada: 9:58pm On Aug 16, 2010
In conclusion:
Lets all be careful with our comments and actions so we dont end up in the deeper part of hell for misleading people, thinking we are wining souls for either religion.
AMEN
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Zodiac61(m): 10:00pm On Aug 16, 2010
A university is supposed to be a place of learning where future leaders and intellectuals are bred.
How can we be rational and sceptical if churches and mosques rule supreme in our institutions of higher learning.
Is it any surprise that Nigerian universities are always at the bottom of any league table of excellence.
As a lawyer myself, I hope that this idiotic and moronic apology of a person never makes it to the bar.
She will be a disgrace to the legal profession.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by connkg(m): 10:01pm On Aug 16, 2010
It becomes easy to figure out the muslims and christians on this forum although most of both want the girl expelled and otherwise punished.
What the girl did is not wise. Agreed.
, but by what law is she to be expelled?
What law up North differentiates proponents of a religious riot? They are simply referred to as "fanatics" and forced into an unclaimed subset of a strange, undefined religious belief.
Provocation in such times has at best been hazy. There has been the Miss World, the Danish cartoon, the female corper who did nothing, another who was alleged to have torn pages off,
Now there is physical, deliberate provocation - not the 'usual' sudden, violent eruption; but corollary.
Now there is even talk of an apology - not by her fellowship (if she is traced to any), but by the Christian body. Just? Yes. Fair? NO!
Has there been any apology for slain corpers from any religious body? Has there been any apology for Jos?
All that comes of it is political - calls to live peaceably and denials of any link religious.
My point: Northern Nigeria is rather religiously homogeneous. So is the South. The West has not been. The law will have to be formed and applied diligently. Standards that will be demanded within an academic community and out of it will have to be melded from this event.
I think this case is pregnant.
Although peace can be sought out within the academic community, something new has been formed - a new vice, rather like kidnapping. It will now have to be addressed in its entirety and specificity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23)

Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? / "RCCG Pastor Chiedu Ezekwesili Swindled My Mother Of N11 Million" - Lady / Archbishop Idahosa: Thou Shall Not Suffer A Witch To Live By Leke Beecroft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.