Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,751 members, 7,875,885 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:36 AM

Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI (28916 Views)

RCCG: Mad Man Disrupts Church Service As Members Scamper For Safety / Christian Student Beaten To Death For Wearing Cross In Egypt / As A Christian Student, What Would You Rather Be Doing During This Long Vacation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Go Down)

Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by MUZBO(m): 6:07am On Aug 17, 2010
Okija_juju:

Have we all been so blinded by our religions that we now justify wrong doings?!

SO because some Muslim fundamentalists have in the past attacked christians unprovoked, burnt down their places of worship and pillaged there homes, now make it alright for a christian to do the same to a muslim?!
I dont get the whole point of "Havent the muslims done worse". We are addressing an issue that would have caused a big riot that may have resulted in both christian, muslim and innocent pagan deaths and people are busy comparing events. Stop partially condemning the girl and say it as it is. She was very wrong.

I have to say I am impressed with the muslims who were present at the time of the incident for maintaining such composure as to let that girl leave the mosque without a scratch. When I was reading the original post, I was expecting a lynching end of some sort.

This should be a warning to all you religious bigots, In the process of spreading your gospels, be careful the things you say, where you say it & how you say it cos the resultant effect of one careless action might be bigger than you can ever imagine.

@ Topic

She should be arrested and detained by the authorities pending trial and subsquent imprisonment. In the mean time, the Vice-chancellor of UI should immediately expel the girl from the institution to avert a crisis on his campus. The Islamic leaders should start preaching tolerance and forgiveness in their meetings to quel whatever pockets of anger that some restive muslim students might still be harbouring. The head of the Christian movement on the UI campus should immediately offer an appology to its muslim counterparts for the actions of the said student. The religious cleric in the state should also begin to preach peace and unity amongst religions so that this dosent escalate in another Jos crisis.

Couldnt agree more. If the girl is remorseful at all then she'll expel herself before the school does, but I think an apology should suffice. . . it's Ramadan!
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by MUZBO(m): 6:16am On Aug 17, 2010
shotuns:

I guessed she was formerly a muslim who converted to christianity. A desciplined christian will never do that.

Just wondering what excited her interest.

Too bad.
Good lord!!! See the level this one is taking things now. . . Now she has to be a former Muslim! I cant even recall the number of former muslims who are now pastors th@ lead large congregations of you 'desciplined' christians. Please give it a rest if u can't reason.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by supereagle(m): 6:22am On Aug 17, 2010
We need to examine her head.Christ wont act that way . Whose example did she follow." He that win a soul is wise"
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by AmenJoan(f): 6:47am On Aug 17, 2010
Am a pg student of the institution. was supposed to write my final exam monday morning and it has been postponed indefinitely cos of this event. Its so annoying that this has disrupted my academic calendar. I think the muslims are overreacting.

Earlier in UI it was the cross in the catholic church opposite them they complained about. They didnt want to see the cross from their mosque, so a big wall had to be constructed to cover it!. grin
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Remii(m): 7:02am On Aug 17, 2010
I just watched the video of the girl and I think she must be regretting her actions by now. No doubt, what she did is wrong but since she is remorseful, she should be forgiven, Ina Lah Gafur Raheem. I do not recommend any other punishment from the school against her. Personal regret and the thought of unnecessary pains she cause the UI community should be enough.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by MUZBO(m): 7:07am On Aug 17, 2010
Amen Joan:

Am a pg student of the institution. was supposed to write my final exam monday morning and it has been postponed indefinitely cos of this event. Its so annoying that this has disrupted my academic calendar. I think the muslims are overreacting.

Earlier in UI it was the cross in the catholic church opposite them they complained about. They didnt want to see the cross from their mosque, so a big wall had to be constructed to cover it!. grin
Overreacting?? I dont think u realize the gravity of the girl's action. Reacting could mean life or death not to talk of overreacting. I think u r biased and just want ur exams over with. Please open ur eyes to see provocation. . .
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Nobody: 7:19am On Aug 17, 2010
Amen Joan:

muslims are overreacting ? Heaven would have fallen if the case had happened the other way round.i also doubt if the girl would be alive if this had happened up north anyways ''what happened to freedom of religion and association of the muslims that the girl interfered with yet you are so much bothered about your own personal problem.na wao
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Pafuri(m): 7:20am On Aug 17, 2010
@davidylan : WOW, you sure wear the cross well!. I am neither a muslim nor an islamic apologist. With such venom oozing out of an African's pen on an issue relating to two alien religions, I beg to be excused.

Can we hear something from lawyers please. Fanatics from both sides should not be allowed to dominate what otherwise should be a courteous exchange of ideas and opinions.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Remii(m): 7:40am On Aug 17, 2010
MUZBO:

Overreacting?? I dont think u realize the gravity of the girl's action. Reacting could mean life or death not to talk of overreacting. I think u r biased and just want your exams over with. Please open your eyes to see provocation. . .

Bias is always on the table and people would always sigh away from the fact when Muslims are involved that is why Muslims should do our best to follow the Quranic recommendation to this kind of provocation, not to trade insults or hash words with non Muslims, as an Ibadul rahaman (those who do everything for Allah's sake alone) one of the qualities of as written in Quran Surah Furqan 25/63-76) is When the non believers address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Demdem(m): 7:47am On Aug 17, 2010
Agreed, what d lady did was highly provocative but i heard that she is already remorseful and sorry for her actions. what else do these guys want again. Abegii, its allah she insulted, let that same Allah defend him/herself jare if he/she is still interested in the case. its things like this that keeps drawing us back as a nation. KAPASH.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by larrytoks: 8:17am On Aug 17, 2010
When it's a Muslim dat does sth as bad as this, u hear things like,
"maybe she was carrying a bomb under her clothes to kill the christians, ", "Muslims are terrorists", "their religion is evil", and all the unprintable, biased and unfair things u can ever think of.
But now that the culprit is a christian, disrupting a jumat service, all u can hear is that she's a lunatic, she's insane, dat's all, so that if the case eventually gets to court, her case would be argued out on the grounds that an insane person is unconscious and can not be held responsible for her actions! Imagine the bias!
So who are the fanatics here, who are the fundamentalists?
Well said Okija_juju,
If the VC is a just leader and he really wants peace on the campus, he should do what is right by expelling the girl from the school, so that some overzealous Muslim students would not take laws into their hands and try to attack the girl which would lead to a violent religious crisis on the campus.
The christian community in U.I should also apologize to the Muslim community to put an end to this issue.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Nobody: 8:22am On Aug 17, 2010
Allah is indeed fake and Jesus is Lord, but the girl might have wanted to evangelise her Muslim friends in a more rational way using God's wisdom.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Nobody: 8:24am On Aug 17, 2010
The christian community in U.I should also apologize to the Muslim community to put an end to this issue.
[quote][/quote]

The Christian community should Apologise

Are you insane The action of a lone ranger should now be blamed on all campus Christians, or else

Oh yes I know, or else you will start another round of killings embarassed embarassed embarassed

Typical
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Nobody: 8:26am On Aug 17, 2010
Demdem:

Agreed, what d lady did was highly provocative but i heard that she is already remorseful and sorry for her actions. what else do these guys want again. Abegii, its allah she insulted, let that same Allah defend him/herself jare if he/she is still interested in the case. its things like this that keeps drawing us back as a nation. KAPASH.

Allah cannot defend himself, he needs Muslims to defend him here on earth, lol.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by omofat: 8:29am On Aug 17, 2010
frosbel is back grin
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Nobody: 8:31am On Aug 17, 2010
The girl should be cautioned but not expelled.

Only a heartless and non-compassionate people will advocate the expulsion of a student about to graduate to appease their most violent imaginations.

Why does Allah always seek appeasement to insults on his person by declaring death and mayhem upon the infidels.

Contrast that to the God of the bible who even forgave his very enemies who were working against him.

Indeed the difference between Allah and God is as great as the distance between Earth and Space.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Demdem(m): 8:34am On Aug 17, 2010
frosbel:

Allah cannot defend himself, he needs Muslims to defend him here on earth, lol.

Tot so too jare

larrytoks:

"maybe she was carrying a bomb under her clothes to kill the christians, ", "Muslims are terrorists", "their religion is evil", and all the unprintable, biased and unfair things u can ever think of.
But now that the culprit is a christian, disrupting a jumat service, all u can hear is that she's a lunatic, she's insane, dat's all, so that if the case eventually gets to court, her case would be argued out on the grounds that an insane person is unconscious and can not be held responsible for her actions! Imagine the bias!
Well said Okija_juju,
If the VC is a just leader and he really wants peace on the campus, he should do what is right by expelling the girl from the school, so that some overzealous Muslim students would not take laws into their hands and try to attack the girl which would lead to a violent religious crisis on the campus.

BULLSHIT!!!! After being remorsefull and sorry for her actions. Some peeps can be unreasonable sha.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Remii(m): 8:47am On Aug 17, 2010
frosbel:

Allah is indeed fake and Jesus is Lord, but the girl might have wanted to evangelise her Muslim friends in a more rational way using God's wisdom.

@frosbel, hehehe, Allah is Arabic for God, just as Jesus is English for Yeshua, are you saying there is no God simply because of your dislikeness for Islam? Who then was Jesus praying to when he was on earth? Don't get blinded by personal believe.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Demdem(m): 8:51am On Aug 17, 2010
They beat her, the thugs in religious cloaks
Submitted by Boli Atepa (not verified) on August 17, 2010 - 03:58.
They beat her mercilessly first, and now want justice. They already served her justice according to their tiny minds. These are not religious men, just thugs in religious cloaks.

She misbehaved quite alright, but it is a minor offence that requires just cautioning. Of course, no civilized society would expel her just for this. It shows the level of mediocrity of those who are supposed to be learned.

Beating up a woman right under the nose of their god. What kind of religion is that? A bunch of illiterates, these people.

Saw the above comment from another site. Can u imagine, she has already been beaten mercilessly. WHAt does these IDIOTS want again
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Dotman01(m): 8:54am On Aug 17, 2010
Her actions was premeditated, she dressed in a muslim way, joined them in the mosque and at the middle of the jumat service she was screaming sumthing else. . . . . and some peeps didnt see anything wrong with that? Thank God the incident occured in ibadan not kano!
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Dotman01(m): 8:57am On Aug 17, 2010
Its a lie. . . They didnt beat her. . .u saw someone else's reply and not the report
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Demdem(m): 8:59am On Aug 17, 2010
Remii:

@frosbel, hehehe, Allah is Arabic for God, just as Jesus is English for Yeshua, are you saying there is no God simply because of your dislikeness for Islam? Who then was Jesus praying to when he was on earth? Don't get blinded by personal believe.

Honestly, i dont think both "Gods" are the same really. Come to think of think, both are saying two different things as the only way to salvation or whatever.
To me, Both religions are like two parallel lines that can never meet.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by phreakabit(m): 8:59am On Aug 17, 2010
Hey Chakula I beg you in the Name of whoever,Abeg easy with the shelling b4 you trow Nuclear for here

Assuming this event was plotted by the Muslims thousand of reply was made violently from the Christians accusing Muslims and calling them with whatever cruelty language they like, but you see know they occupied the entire thread soundless.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by BOMANY: 9:03am On Aug 17, 2010
frosbel:

If you read the Arabic translation of the bible, you will find Allah is used as a name of God. Allah was the name of God even before Quran, even there was a dispute in Malaysia as the government wanted to ristrict the use of Allah to Muslims only, so the churches there rejeted the decision till it was revirsed

sometimes when I need some amusement i just look for such idiotic comments from the same group of zealots  tongue tongue
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by augustborn: 9:07am On Aug 17, 2010
DejiYesufu! I can't understand why some people will just be quoting Bible or Quran out of context. Bible never say such things. Read again.

To the matter at hand, I just pity that girl, cos she does not know what she has done. There is nowhere that confrontation is a solution to anyone's believe. She is a Law student and I believe she should know better.
God will be with us all. I condemn her action in totality. Nevertheless, JESUS IS LORD! ALLAH is just a name given to god just like sango or ogun.

It is well OOOO!
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by igboboy1(m): 9:11am On Aug 17, 2010
larrytoks:

"maybe she was carrying a bomb under her clothes to kill the christians, ", "Muslims are terrorists", "their religion is evil",  and all the unprintable, biased and unfair things u can ever think of.

Well said Okija_juju,

ummm duh we humans are creatures of habit, When we are used to muslims in chechnya, london,pakistan, india, middle east, world over always doing suicide bombings or threatening people for anything why shouldnt we describe what we see?

For instance if we hear there was a suicide bombing any where in the world most sane poeple would first think it is a muslim (even if it may not) until the facts are proven becuase u guys have made it a HABIT, Blood Mongers
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by PastorAIO: 9:12am On Aug 17, 2010
I actually think that the girl is mentally disturbed and should be admitted into a mental institution forthwith until it can be medically ascertained that she is normal again.  
Until such a time her place in the university should be kept for her so that when she is finally discharged from hospital she can come back and finish her degree.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by BabaO2: 9:17am On Aug 17, 2010
It is a freedom of expression jor.
The mosque infront of my church say it to our faces every sunday, what should we do?. Though i dont really support her confrontational stand, we've got to live with issues like this with maturity.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Demdem(m): 9:19am On Aug 17, 2010
Dotman01:

Its a lie. . . They didnt beat her. . .u saw someone else's reply and not the report

heheheh, u make me laugh. Do u really think she can leave that mosque without any1 laying hands(i am being civil here) on her?
Please read from another account.

http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/muslim-students-paralyse-university-ibadan-over-student-preacher-pm-news-lagos

Muslim students of the University of Ibadan, UI, this morning paralysed activities during a protest against the institution’s refusal to expel a part four law student, Miss Seun Olubunmi Adegunsoye who preached gospel in the school mosque last Friday.

Adegunsoye of Mountain of Fire and Miracle Church, according to reports, preached at the mosque last Friday to the Muslim faithful.

While she was preaching, the Muslim students mobilised themselves, attacked the lady and beat her mercilessly.

The school’s security men rescued her and took her away for questioning.

Sources saidhe institution’s Vice Chancellor, Professor Olufemi Bamiro, appealed to the Muslim students not to foment any trouble, promising that the issue would appropriately investigated.

However, the Muslim students went haywire when they found out that the institution’s bulletin which was released this morning did not report the incident and the punishment the school authority has meted out to the preacher.

The students who barricaded all the entrances leading to the premier university and carried placards prevented both academic and non-academic staff from gaining access into the school this morning.

Among the inscriptions written on their placard were: “No to terrorism. No religion should be allowed to terrorize us in our country”; “We will not take any unreligious act from any religious group”; “We will do everything possible to protect our religion”; “We will not accept insult from any religion”; “Olubunmi should be expelled from UI because she has done what is wrong”; “Olubunmi should be arraigned before a court of law for preaching in the mosque”.

According to a leaflet signed by a student called Almin, they demanded that Adegunsoye be expelled from the school and charged to court.

Other demands include: Investigating religious leaders behind the lady, carry out medical examination on the lady to find out whether she is mentally sound, ban Christians from preaching in public places in the school, and punish anyone who facilitated her release from the school security net.

Official reaction from the institution could not be sought as at the time of filing this report but it was gathered that the VC would address the press later in the day.

The school’s PRO, Mrs. Joke Akinpelu who was on leave, rushed down to see what was happening but  she was also prevented from entering the school.

Her words, “I can’t say anything now because I am on leave but I have called the VC who will later address the press. As you can see, I can’t even enter but I will see if I can jump the fence to enter the premises and see how we can bring the situation under control
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by BOMANY: 9:22am On Aug 17, 2010
augustborn:

DejiYesufu! I can't understand why some people will just be quoting Bible or Quran out of context. Bible never say such things. Read again.
To the matter at hand

I agree with you. the issue here is the outrageous and disgracefull manner by one student who should be handeled and punished according to the acadimec regulations
But one cant hold himself as seeing idiotic comments, leaving it without correction
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by BOMANY: 9:27am On Aug 17, 2010
Baba_O:

It is a freedom of expression jor.
The mosque infront of my church say it to our faces every sunday?

They SAY WHAT  cool

Baba_O:

we've got to live with issues like this with maturity.

Ok I m coming your church next sunday and do the same, i hope i will be handled with maturity not sent to mortuary shocked
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by salinco(m): 9:29am On Aug 17, 2010
I wonder how some people react as if they are not human being. The people in question know the law of our land and the significance of living in peace. Africa and Nigeria in particular mixed with different religion. Every1 value is religion even more than culture or any other things, we should there4 respect that, in our relationship with one another. These and many more are what is cursing problem in the North, most especially in Jos where Nigeria has many Christians. It is important to know that Jos has many cristian than Muslims. Many stars like 2face, S. sultan, PP just to mentioned but a few pass through Jos or other part of the North.
If we must condemn does people that fight in the name of religion or fighting for the sake of religion; we must as well call for the prosecution or proper disciplinary action against the person that start this story. Note that this situation might have lead to another Jos crises or Ibadan crises.
This is not about religion, but what we all must stand for and that is the TRUTH. I also think she need metal evaluation.
Ibadan ko ni baje oo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23)

Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? / "RCCG Pastor Chiedu Ezekwesili Swindled My Mother Of N11 Million" - Lady / Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.