Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,831 members, 7,915,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 10:08 PM

Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI (29055 Views)

RCCG: Mad Man Disrupts Church Service As Members Scamper For Safety / Christian Student Beaten To Death For Wearing Cross In Egypt / As A Christian Student, What Would You Rather Be Doing During This Long Vacation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Go Down)

Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Sagamite(m): 2:57am On Aug 17, 2010
manny4life:

You call it mere chant? As far the chant was concerned, it was premeditated and stirred provocation. If a Muslim comes into my church on Christmas day and begins to yell Allah, I would respect God after and let him discipline his/herself, should they continues, I will jump on his backside and tear it apart. You right all other students did not deserve the punishment, that was schools management decision, they should have placed here on academic suspension pending final review on situation assessment.

Most likely, the xtians will show the person the way out and then some might try and find him later to "save his soul".

And then find a way to avoid such a person accessing in future, if they can.

That is what should have been the case here too.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by bawomolo(m): 2:58am On Aug 17, 2010
You know when it comes to the matters of religion Muslim aren't ready to settle for anything. So, why poke the cut on an injured man?

being overly sensitive doesn't help the perception of muslims.

the crazy woman should be barred from the campus pending disciplinary action
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Nobody: 2:59am On Aug 17, 2010
manny4life:

You call it mere chant?

is it any different from the "allahu akbar rasull allah" that muslims chant when they go around lopping off innocent heads?

manny4life:

As far the chant was concerned, it was premeditated and stirred provocation.

yeah, it "stirred provocation" among those who call themselves disciples of "peace". I wonder why everyone else doesnt go on rampage when they hear allahu akbar.

manny4life:

If a Muslim comes into my church on Christmas day and begins to yell Allah, I would respect God after and let him discipline his/herself, should they continues, I will jump on his backside and tear it apart.

Stop lying, no church would do such nonsense. I'm tired of belligerent and dishonest muslims trying to justify their wickedness with false comparisons.

manny4life:

You right all other students did not deserve the punishment, that was schools management decision, they should have placed here on academic suspension pending final review on situation assessment.

Smart move on their part, they probably know too well how many innocent folks may end up losing their lives to the propagandists of "peace". Once beaten twice shy.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by nazzyon(m): 3:00am On Aug 17, 2010
The lady need to be put in check or else she will do worse in future.

She was fortunate to have survived, another attempt may spell doom for her.

Whoever put her up for such task is a bad a*s*s.

_____

But she get mind sha! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Nobody: 3:02am On Aug 17, 2010
nazzyon:

The lady need to be put in check or else she will do worse in future.

worse like? She's probably safer yelling at ifa priests . . . they'd probably just chase her away with brooms and get on with their lives. Unlike those who claim their religion is all about "peace".

nazzyon:

She was fortunate to have survived, another attempt may spell doom for her.

So much "peace" in action. Disgraceful hypocrites.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by manny4life(m): 3:05am On Aug 17, 2010
davidylan:

is it any different from the "allahu akbar rasull allah" that muslims chant when they go around lopping off innocent heads?

yeah, it "stirred provocation" among those who call themselves disciples of "peace". I wonder why everyone else doesnt go on rampage when they hear allahu akbar.

Stop lying, no church would do such nonsense. I'm tired of belligerent and dishonest muslims trying to justify their wickedness with false comparisons.

Smart move on their part, they probably know too well how many innocent folks may end up losing their lives to the propagandists of "peace". Once beaten twice shy.

Dude I really don't know about you, perhaps church in Nigeria, if you come to my church here and you begin to disrupt my peace, I sure will respect God and next you, but there is a thin line between respect and discipline. After respect is gone, next in line is discipline, after your backside whooping, will call the cops on your backside and maybe when u spend the next 1 week in jail with a misdemeanor, he/she will learn. Besides I said I will, not my church, other will join when I start.

Either way, what is wrong is, and I don't know much about Muslim religion, but I know they ain't peaceful for sure.  Although Christians are most peaceful, and gentle than they are. They are easily tempered and provoked, that one I know for sure.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by nazzyon(m): 3:06am On Aug 17, 2010
Funny, David kept calling a hypocrite.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Nobody: 3:09am On Aug 17, 2010
manny4life:

Dude I really don't know about yo, perhaps church in Nigeria, if you come to my church here and you begin to disrupt my peace, I sure will respect God and next you, but there is a thin line between respect and discipline. After respect is gone, next in line is discipline, after your backside whooping, will call the cops on your backside and maybe when u spend the next 1 week in jail with a misdemeanor, he/she will learn.

This is dishonest nonsense. We BOTH KNOW FULL well that NO CHURCH will go around killing any muslim who comes into a church crying allahu akbar. Infact the first impulse would be to run away thinking you almajiris are back trying to burn them alive.

All this talk about discipline is hubris. There is a difference between discipline and MURDER. Given a chance, those muslims would simply have gone off with her head and not called the police. When have muslims called the police in Nigeria instead of taking innocent lives?

manny4life:

Either way, what is wrong is, and I don't know much about Muslim religion, but I know they ain't peaceful for sure.  Although Christians are most peaceful, and gentle than they are. They are easily tempered and provoked, that one I know for sure.

and how many times have they come brandishing a knife in ur face?
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Sagamite(m): 3:11am On Aug 17, 2010
manny4life:

After respect is gone, next in line is discipline, after your backside whooping, will call the cops on your backside and maybe when u spend the next 1 week in jail with a misdemeanor, he/she will learn.

You will be the one spending sometime in Washington jail, not the intruder. He would be on bail within a day.

manny4life:

Either way, what is wrong is, and I don't know much about Muslim religion, but I know they ain't peaceful for sure.  Although Christians are most peaceful, and gentle than they are. They are easily tempered and provoked, that one I know for sure.

Muslims calling their religion the religion of peace is synonymous with:

1) Hausa/Fulani saying they are the tribe of the educated in Nigeria.

2) Africa claiming to be the continent of development and civilised behaviours on Earth.

3) Skoda saying they make the best cars.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by manny4life(m): 3:16am On Aug 17, 2010
davidylan:

This is dishonest nonsense. We BOTH KNOW FULL well that NO CHURCH will go around killing any muslim who comes into a church crying allahu akbar. Infact the first impulse would be to run away thinking you almajiris are back trying to burn them alive.

All this talk about discipline is hubris. There is a difference between discipline and MURDER. Given a chance, those muslims would simply have gone off with her head and not called the police. When have muslims called the police in Nigeria instead of taking innocent lives?

and how many times have they come brandishing a knife in your face?

That you whooped someone's ass doesn't mean you kill them. Please say like I mean it. I have not said any church "will go around killing any Muslim" I said again, members like me are likely to be provoked and would come at you not to kill you, but take action at you. I mean someone has to do something, not watch and look. No one has ever shown a knife to my face, however, I said again, they are quite tempered and easily provoked and I know that for certain because I worked with few Muslims in the past. They don't have a knife now doesn't mean they won't carry one if given an opportunity.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by manny4life(m): 3:19am On Aug 17, 2010
Sagamite:

You will be the one spending sometime in Washington jail, not the intruder. He would be on bail within a day.

Muslims calling their religion the religion of peace is synonymous with:

1) Hausa/Fulani saying they are the most educated in Nigeria.

2) Africa claiming to be the most developed and civilised continent on Earth.

3) Skoda saying they make the best cars.

Nah man, the moment he crossed boundaries, by law, religion is protected under the law and I have every right to defend it when threatened. When someone is self defending, is it the person who initiated the trouble that goes or the person who defended? It's obvious that it's the person who started it all.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Sagamite(m): 3:25am On Aug 17, 2010
manny4life:

Nah man, the moment he crossed boundaries, by law, religion is protected under the law and I have every right to defend it when threatened. When someone is self defending, is it the person who initiated the trouble that goes or the person who defended? It's obvious that it's the person who started it all.

You have a right to defend IF you are being physically attacked or feel there is a threat of physical attack, not because you are angry about what is said within your boundaries. That is not self-defending, that is "assault", even maybe "GBH".

If someone is within your boundaries saying things you do not want to hear, get them out or call the police to get them out. Otherwise, your sweet arse will be in jail.

Furthermore, the church is NOT your personal boundary anymore than the White House is a personal boundary of an average American on the street. You have no case if you beat.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by manny4life(m): 3:33am On Aug 17, 2010
Sagamite:

You have a right to defend IF you are being physically attacked or feel there is a threat of physical attack, not because you are angry about what is said within your boundaries. That is not self-defending, that is "assault", even maybe "GBH".

If someone is within your boundaries saying things you do not want to hear, get them out or call the police to get them out. Otherwise, your sweet arse will be in jail.

Have you ever asked yourself the reason why when people protest like most Christians do in front of mosques, why don't they go into the mosque and do it? As fa as I'm concerned, because religion is protected, even if u want to exercise your rights, there are limits to where and how u do it. When someone willfully and intentionally interferes with my right to freedom to practice my religion and within my religious or confined space which is even protected, you can research it yourself, the law demands that defend myself. Although the amount of force I use determines how cooperative the person was. Just like someone can come on private property and begin to say trash. What you explaining is something else, what I'm explaining is my civil rights I have.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by manny4life(m): 3:38am On Aug 17, 2010
Sagamite:

Furthermore, the church is NOT your personal boundary anymore than the White House is a personal boundary of an average American on the street. You have no case if you beat.

We can argue this back and forth, or we can research further in U.S. law, religion as stated per our constitutional rights, we have every right to practice religion and when that right is infringed upon, what do you do? In addition, when that has been confined for that particular purpose is interfered with, what happens?
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Sagamite(m): 3:40am On Aug 17, 2010
manny4life:

Have you ever asked yourself the reason why when people protest like most Christians do in front of mosques, why don't they go into the mosque and do it? As fa as I'm concerned, because religion is protected, even if u want to exercise your rights, there are limits to where and how u do it. When someone willfully and intentionally interferes with my right to freedom to practice my religion and within my religious or confined space which is even protected, you can research it yourself, the law demands that defend myself.

I don't need to research. I know religion is protected.

People do not go inside because it is not their property and they are not invited.

But I also know the protection does not give you the powers or liberty to attack anyone that enters your premises and states an objection to your religion.

A physical response WILL NEVER be justified in a Western court as self-defence against a verbal utterance. Take that to the bank.

manny4life:

Although the amount of force I use determines how cooperative the person was. Just like someone can come on private property and begin to say trash. What you explaining is something else, what I'm explaining is my civil rights I have.

Now you are seeing reason.

You can physically try and remove them from the property, but not physically assualt them. You will go to jail.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by bawomolo(m): 3:44am On Aug 17, 2010
i don't think civil rights cover assault.

you do have a right to report a trespasser.

the question is can a student trespass on school property? probably a public disorder charge.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by GlobalD2: 3:44am On Aug 17, 2010
Her action is not justifiable at all. I can't believe some people are still defending sort behaviour.

Something is not clear here; do you guys hate ISLAM that much because it preaches PEACE or the followers (Muslims)?

It's time we separate Tribal issues and religion.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Sagamite(m): 3:49am On Aug 17, 2010
Global-D:

Her action is not justifiable at all. I can't believe some people are still defending sort behaviour.

Something is not clear here; do you guys hate ISLAM that much because it preaches PEACE or the followers (Muslims)?

It's time we separate Tribal issues and religion.

Highlight the posts YOU SAW where the consensus is people are defending her behaviour.

I wait patiently with my hand supporting my chin.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by akbtunes: 3:51am On Aug 17, 2010
embarassed embarassed embarassed

embarrassed by the pure show of shame that is already synonymous with our system. Overzealous, idiotic proselytizing and simply, immature response from my brothers-ganging up to deal with her ke? the university authority should mete a suitable sanction to the erring evangelist-wanna-be while the god's army should  leave the battle for God and face their books, their fast and their belief. shikena!

Religious tolerance
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by manny4life(m): 3:52am On Aug 17, 2010
bawomolo:

i don't think civil rights cover assault.  

you do have a right to report a trespasser.

the question is can a student trespass on school property? probably a public disorder charge.

Her words although religious were "fighting words" enough for someone to cause violence. Now if someone infringes your right up to that extent, but I have two good case reference which I wouldn't wanna cite so not to make the thread boring, but they recognized fighting words and accepted that it was reasonable cause to start up violence, and sadly enough they upheld it even in SCOTUS. All I'm saying is while I won't brawl someone, but using fighting words to stir up violence is enough for me to attack me and even if I'm charged, due to standing precedence, I will be released grin grin grin grin Now as long I do not kill, nor cause extensive hurt, I'm fine. I used reasonable force to remove him by whooping his as* a lil grin grin grin
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by GlobalD2: 3:59am On Aug 17, 2010
This is the right time for the Nigerian Authorities to know that Christianity or Islam preaching without knowledge of theology is the cause of ignorance that causes religion crises.

Starting from some Christians' audacity to attemp to attacking individuals on the street or in their homes under the pretence of preaching. It's right time to ban any sort of attack called preaching towards individuals on the street or in their homes which violate personal freedoms.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by manny4life(m): 3:59am On Aug 17, 2010
Good night people, it's almost 11pm have a long day in the office tomorrow, will continue from where I stopped. sad
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Sagamite(m): 3:59am On Aug 17, 2010
manny4life:

Her words although religious were "fighting words" enough for someone to cause violence. Now if someone infringes your right up to that extent, but I have two good case reference which I wouldn't wanna cite so not to make the thread boring, but they recognized fighting words and accepted that it was reasonable cause to start up violence, and sadly enough they upheld it even in SCOTUS. All I'm saying is while I won't brawl someone, but using fighting words to stir up violence is enough for me to attack.

Honestly!

Be honest with me.

This is what you will go and say in court.

"I attacked someone and beat them because their words were (and I quote) 'fighting words'?"

"The words punched me, so I punched back"? "It kicked me, so I cracked her skull"?

Fck me triple times!!!

You will not go to jail, they will put a strait-jacket on you sharp sharp.

So how come the drawing of Muhammed is not a "Kung-fu drawing"? Or maybe even a "Nuclear bomb drawing", so muslims around the world were just defending themselves when they exploded?
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Nymphnode(m): 4:01am On Aug 17, 2010
Hmmn! She has walked through the valley of the shadow of death and she feared no evil grin grin
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Sagamite(m): 4:02am On Aug 17, 2010
Global-D:

This is the right time for the Nigerian Authorities to know that Christianity or Islam preaching without knowledge of theology is the cause of ignorance that causes religion crises.

Starting from some Christians' audacity to attemp to attacking individuals on the street or in their homes under the pretence of preaching. It's right time to ban any sort of attack called preaching towards individuals on the street or in their homes which violate personal freedoms.

Are your vocal cords connect to your rectum?

Where did Xtians attack people in their homes?

Do you have mental issues?
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by bawomolo(m): 4:05am On Aug 17, 2010
Nymph node:

Hmmn! She has walked through the valley of the shadow of death and she feared no evil grin grin

she would have seen evil north of ilorin. lucky chick
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by yinchar(m): 4:17am On Aug 17, 2010
what a CRAP!!!
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by GlobalD2: 4:31am On Aug 17, 2010
Sagamite:

Are your vocal cords connect to your rectum?

Where did Xtians attack people in their homes?

Do you have mental issues?

It appears that you are just ordinary an e-idiot fanatist. How come or what dare a person to go to another person on the street or in their home and preach to them to accept a religion. This act is what developed to the action of the bitch who went to the mosque to make such a brawl. No muslim ever preaches to an individual on the street or enter ones home to preach Islam.

Therefore, a person like you should understand moral of talk in the forum. Addressing or abusing people with mental or non-mental signifies your absurdity.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Nobody: 5:05am On Aug 17, 2010
Global-D:

It appears that you are just ordinary an e- fanatist. How come or what dare a person to go to another person on the street or in their home and preach to them to accept a religion. This act is what developed to the action of the naughty woman who went to the mosque to make such a brawl. No muslim ever preaches to an individual on the street or enter ones home to preach Islam.

Therefore, a person like you should understand moral of talk in the forum. Addressing or abusing people with mental or non-mental signifies your absurdity.

and what does lying and making wild conjectures signify?
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Pafuri(m): 5:26am On Aug 17, 2010
[b]A few observations, please:

Allah is Arabic for God;
Mohamed is his prophet and messenger.
Islam does not recognize any particular person as the son of God as we all are considered his children.
The lady has a right to preach, but she has no right to barge into a mosque to condemn the faith of those Muslims.

Look at it this way: a child walks into your house while you are having a meeting with your wife (or wives, to accommodate a lot of Nigerians) and children.
The child claims that the father of this family is not good, he is not real, he does not take good care of his family. He then goes on to ask the mother of the house to come marry his father, and the children to adopt his father. Think about it, people.

Next, how should we handle the case of the 400-level (final-year) student of law?

Again, look at it this way: Should the 'evangelist' be expelled? Well, in as much as she may eventually become a lawyer, she is a potential top official of the Ministry of Justice with, yet again, the potential of becoming a judge, May Allah help the Muslims who would have the misfortune of appearing before her?!. She is not good for the law profession as she is going forward into its practice with a deep-seated bias against those who profess a faith other than hers. So, in order to avoid a probable miscarriage of justice, she should be expelled and never readmitted into any other law faculty in a publicly-funded university. Let her go study something else (religion perhaps?), give her the possibility to transfer credits, bur for Justice's sake, nip injustice in the bud.

Should she be charged in a court of law?
Absolutely, but not for religious misconduct. It should be for conduct likely to endanger public order. The penalty? I don't know. Maybe the legal experts can come in at this point.
Lawyers in the forum, what do you think?[/b]
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Nobody: 5:36am On Aug 17, 2010
More unbelievable nonsense from islamic appologists who find it hard to see that the VIOLENCE here is from THEM!

Pafuri:

A few observations, please:

Allah is Arabic forGod;

actually that's not true. Ila is arabic for "god" and is synonymous with the hebrew for "ela" or "el". Even wikipedia acknowledges that allah is "THE god" in english. allah = al ila.

Pafuri:

Mohamed is his prophet and messenger.
[b]Islam does not recognize any particular person as the son of God [/b]as we all are considered his children.
The lady has a right to preach, but she has no right to barge into a mosque to condemn the faith of those Muslims.

uhm, the usual sly dig at christianity. Wondery why islam cannot stand on its own two feet but needs christianity as a crutch. By the way i suppose we christians too shld react to this "provocation" in like manner? I'd like to close NL for a day too . . . provocation is not the sole preserve of islamic goons.

Pafuri:

Look at it this way: a child walks into your house while you are having a meeting with your wife (or wives, to accommodate a lot of Nigerians) and children.
The child claims that the father of this family is not good, he is not real, he does not take good care of his family. He then goes on to ask the mother of the house to come marry his father, and the children to adopt his father. Think about it, people.

and the solution to this is to kill the child, his family, relatives, townsmen and burn their houses, pass fatwas on them, threaten him with stoning ala the typical islamic response?

Pafuri:

Next, how should we handle the case of the 400-level (final-year) student of law?

that is the duty of law enforcement not you.

Pafuri:

Again, look at it this way: Should the 'evangelist' be expelled? Well, in as much as she may eventually become a lawyer, she is a potential top official of the Ministry of Justice with, yet again, the potential of becoming a judge, May Allah help the Muslims who would have the misfortune of appearing before her?!. She is not good for the law profession as she is going forward into its practice with a deep-seated bias against those who profess a faith different from hers. So, in order to avoid a probable miscarriage of justice, she should be expelled and never readmitted into any other law faculty in a publicly-funded university. Let her go study something else (religion perhaps?), give her the possibility to transfer credits, bur for Justice's sake, nip injustice in the bud.

what stupidity. And the violent folks who were hell-bent on killing her shld be kicked out of their own courses too right? I mean i'd hate to have a blood-thirsty islamic demon end up in charge of sensitive military installations no?

Pafuri:

Should she be charged in a court of law?
Absolutely, but not for religious misconduct. It should be for conduct likely to endanger public order. The penalty? I don't know. Maybe the legal experts can come in at this point.
Lawyers on the forum, what do you think?

the only folks likely to endanger public order here where the muslims. If she had gone preaching to ifa priests we wont even hear about it as news!
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by shotuns: 6:02am On Aug 17, 2010
I guessed she was formerly a muslim who converted to christianity. A desciplined christian will never do that.

Just wondering what aroused her interest.

Too bad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23)

Things Aren’t Fine, We Need Your Forgiveness - Happie Boiz Beg Apostle Chinyere / Dolapo Osinbajo, Bishop T.D. Jakes And Pastor Paul Adefarasin Pictured Together / How God Brought Me Into His Kingdom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.