Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,750 members, 7,875,884 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:35 AM

Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI (28915 Views)

RCCG: Mad Man Disrupts Church Service As Members Scamper For Safety / Christian Student Beaten To Death For Wearing Cross In Egypt / As A Christian Student, What Would You Rather Be Doing During This Long Vacation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (23) (Go Down)

Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Sagamite(m): 1:32pm On Aug 17, 2010
MyJoe:

A fair appraisal of the guy as well as the men in black.

Sometimes I study Nigerians and I don't see much difference from most to the rulers/people they are complaining about. undecided
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by 1988: 1:34pm On Aug 17, 2010
all diss xtians need to grow a bleeping brain and respect other ppls rights. what makes their own faith so special. is it believing in non-factual and ridiculous fables and promise of 'eternal' life that everybody should logon to. i'm sorry but if i cant believe the greek mythology then i cant believe the bible. that girl lacks home training. what a BIG fool.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Nobody: 1:37pm On Aug 17, 2010
Sagamite:

Sometimes I study Nigerians and I don't see much difference from most to the rulers/people they are complaining about.  undecided

Thats another religion thread for you, Where people throw their sanity into the waste bin and blurt out rubbish.

Anything gets unusual attention ,in here, cheesy

We move back and forth arguing blindly on trivial issues,
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by samm(m): 1:44pm On Aug 17, 2010
Sagamite:

Sometimes I study Nigerians and I don't see much difference from most to the rulers/people they are complaining about. undecided

Absolutely true!!! Our education system failed a long time ago. Our ability to critically think through issues went with it. We've become a country of the blind.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Sagamite(m): 1:48pm On Aug 17, 2010
samm:

Absolutely true!!! Our education system failed a long time ago. Our ability to critically think through issues went with it.  We've become a country of the blind.

Thank you.

That is why I formed the one-man police force patrolling NL for the morons that lack critical thinking.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Kayautojun(m): 2:02pm On Aug 17, 2010
@ Sagamite- The most fundamental thing in this topic is God how u perceive him. Every man has got a personal attachment t his God and wont tolerate u disrespecting him because you are of a different view, Bleep your view, dont Bleep my God, simple
I dont do religion but if u mess with what i believe in, then u are bleeped, that is how we are attached to ur beliefs,
that is evidence to what u see round the world, a young lady is about to start a row, you are blaming the defender, does that makes sense?

She is at fault, no matter what, she represent Christianity, Christianity is at fault, when a young Muslim does something wrong , the whole Islam world gets criticized and condemned.

From my opinion, who knows if it is one idiotic Christian in Jos that started that fight, who knows from what people are saying on this post.

That is what makes the world bad, you try to cover bad with excuses whereas, it is Bad,
Give me a good reason she should not be thrown out of the school? if she is wise enough to plot such move, then she should be wise to know she will write JAMB next yr, or go a healing school.
In advanced country, she wont be allowed to get near kids, cos she is bad influence.

Bleep Hypocrite
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by superstar1(m): 2:05pm On Aug 17, 2010
what the lady did was bad in all ramifications but some zealots carrying placards because of her act of insanity and asking for her head calls for questioning of their reasoning faculties too. What the girl did was an act of sacrilege but the muslim community should have been more matured in a learned and intelluctual environment, what do they expect the almajiris in the north to have done in this case?

what i know is that who are we mere mortal men to fight on behalf of God? if God is really God, He will fight for Himself, if i can create the world, firmament, everything , fighting for himself is the least thing that is difficult for Him to do, He destroyed Sodom n Gomorrah without F16s, stealth Bombers and all that,

this is a very dangerous dimension for religion in this country, if radicalism,extremism and terrorism is being brood on our campus, this will definately consumate this country.

we keep preaching religion, our political leaders are from the different faiths and they keep looting our treasury witout our pastors or imams expunging them from the church or mosque, who is decieving who, GOD IS GOD>, NO MORTAL MAN CAN FIGHT FOR HIM
Recommendation:
1. The girl should be taken tpo a pyschiatric hospital and probably expelled.
2. the students that lynched her should be identified and punished accordingly to serve as detterrant against jungle justice.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by obi123: 2:12pm On Aug 17, 2010
@ohsisi well said.

This reminds me of the Daniel wannabe that climbed into the lions cage at UI zoo a while back and was very lovingly eaten by the lions who must have thot xmas came early

The girl lacked common sense , being religious should not make you silly please the church is for christians and the mosque is for muslims SIMPLES!!!!, why on earth did she have to preach in the mosque of all places if not that either she was too overzealous or she simply knowingly wanted to cause trouble   , NEVERTHELESS  the muslim brothers who behaved like animals should be locked up in the zoo (conveniently located in UI ) because thats where they belong , they had no right to lay a finger on her at all surely there could have been another way of dealing with this situation

Extremism on both sides has resulted in chaos once again.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Sagamite(m): 2:14pm On Aug 17, 2010
Kayautojun:

@ Sagamite- The most fundamental thing in this topic is God how u perceive him. Every man has got a personal attachment t his God and wont tolerate u disrespecting him because you are of a different view, bleep your view, dont bleep my God, simple
I dont do religion but if u mess with what i believe in, then u are bleeped, that is how we are attached to your beliefs,
that is evidence to what u see round the world, a young lady is about to start a row, you are blaming the defender, does that makes sense?

You are definitely retarded!

No 1) Not every man has any personal attachment to God as you moronically claimed. I don't, and I am a man.

No 2) You are a cretin that should be chained like a dog in a filthy pit every day for thinking you have a right to attack anyone because they disrespected your God.

If someone disrespects your God, be offended, insult them (if you are inclined) and then go and pray for them. Not become a sanguinary barbarian goat. You cu.nt!

Kayautojun:

She is at fault, no matter what, she represent Christianity,  Christianity is at fault, when a young Muslim does  something wrong , the whole Islam world gets criticized and condemned.

You are surely a retard and a strait-jacket is due.

Kayautojun:

From my opinion, who knows if it is one idiotic Christian in Jos that started that fight, who knows from what people are saying on this post.

That is what makes the world bad, you try to cover bad with excuses whereas, it is Bad,
Give me a good reason she should not be thrown out of the school? if she is wise enough to plot such move, then she should be wise to know she will write JAMB next yr, or go a healing school.
In advanced country, she wont be allowed to get near kids, cos she is bad influence.

bleep Hypocrite

The laws of the school should apply to her and those that beat her up.

I suspect in rational and intelligent laws, the people that beat her SHOULD BE bigger candidates for expulsion.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Drfinn: 2:17pm On Aug 17, 2010
the young lady's action is a total breach to our constitutionally recognised freedom of religion,and lawful assembly, i believe there are 1 thousand and 1 spots on campus where she culd hav choosen 2 disseminate her message!dis act,if proven 2 be true is ignoble n condemnable-n d long arm of d law should be applied!!its all these overzeolousness dats keepin dis country in a state of perpendicular backwardness!!
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by itsmayiela(m): 2:20pm On Aug 17, 2010
Lucky that she did the act during Ramadan season when all Muslim faithfuls are repentant. Luckier for Miss Bunmi that this shameful and notorious act was done in South Western Nigeria and not in Northern Nigeria.

Walahi, if to say na for North she do this tin, dem for don declare state of emajensi for about 6 states now.

The girl should be taken to a psychia and thoroughly examined b4 being finally expunged from the university community (and subsequently taken to a rehab to spend the remainder of her life there)
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by eonaiviv: 2:31pm On Aug 17, 2010
Yeah! what d gal did is nt good bt puleeez!! Give me a break, the muslims do worse dan dt sometimes and christians wud neva envisage goin on strike instead we ll pray. Im a graduate of UI. I witnessed a scene where a christian was preachin in class nd a muslim came and pushed d christian out of d platform. D matter ended like dt, no riot, no strike, no nothing. Going on strike in my opinion wud not undo wat has happened. I think anoda solution shud b sought.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by jodeci(m): 2:37pm On Aug 17, 2010
Zeal without knowledge is absolute stupidity,i guess she mistook satanic influence for that of the Holy Spirit.
It happened in the south,thats why she is alive to hear the stories.

Psychiatric case!
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Sagamite(m): 2:39pm On Aug 17, 2010
eonaiviv:

Yeah! what d gal did is nt good bt puleeez!! Give me a break, the muslims do worse dan dt sometimes and christians wud neva envisage goin on strike instead we ll pray. Im a graduate of UI. I witnessed a scene where a christian was preachin in class nd a muslim came and pushed d christian out of d platform. D matter ended like dt, no riot, no strike, no nothing. Going on strike in my opinion wud not undo wat has happened. I think anoda solution shud b sought.

I wonder.

If it was the other way round, the earth must move in Turkey, Malaysia, Indonesia etc.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by MELAA: 2:39pm On Aug 17, 2010
I will caution the way she acted. But all of you condemning this girl should go to hell and die specifically the Christians in this NL that are nailing this girl without reservation. When Muslim does theirs, they quote one thing Allah says to back their evil. I live in the north, I know what am talking. Was it not in this country that that cartoon was drawn in Denmark against Mohammed and Nigeria   Muslim started killing Christian here in Nigeria? Jos crises have just died off, why because the Muslims are the one doing the killing. They should just allow us to hear word abeg.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Yusufi(m): 2:43pm On Aug 17, 2010
When an alleged Muslim's action creates chaos, then all Muslims are termed to be terrorists and the religion of Islam is regarded as highly intolerant and promotes violence. On the other hand, if the perpetrator is an alleged Christian, then it is regarded as an isolated case of mental imbalance devoid of any religious affiliation. The same was stated when a lad rammed his car right unto an airplane on ground  one the airports in the southern states. If that lad was identified to be a Muslim, the US army would have probably set up anti-terrorist bases in multiple points of Nigeria.

Would I be correct to identify the actions of this lady as being at par with the tenets of her religious belief and consider her action to be in conformity with the teachings and principles of her religion?
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Sagamite(m): 2:48pm On Aug 17, 2010
Yusufi:

When an alleged Muslim's action creates chaos, then all Muslims are termed to be terrorists and the religion of Islam is regarded as highly intolerant and promotes violence.

Have you wondered why?

Let me give you a chance to explain first.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Princegemini(m): 2:51pm On Aug 17, 2010
sad angry undecided
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by nyrol(m): 2:53pm On Aug 17, 2010
why   are   people   so   blind   to   see   the   reality   on   ground   and  talk   about   it   in   a   sane   manner?  we   all   know   whats   going  on   in   jos,   whats   been  going   on   kano  and  other  northern   states  as  regards  religious   crisis.  if  am   not   mistaken most  times  its  the  xtians  that  are  badly  affected.  why  cant  we  give  peace  a chance  and be  live  in harmony?  for those of you that are   supporting the  law student that   threw caution to the wind, just keep  praying that our muslim  brothers  in the north dont takee offence as regards this case,  i pray  we dont see another blood letting again soon. if you know u are  so bold and highly xtianised go to kano on a jumat day preach xtianity in the mosque, i wont tell you what wud happen to you. just give it a try and see. as regard d mumu law student, i will advice the school to either suspend her for two years or rusticate her. we must learn not to overstep our boundaries.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Doctore(m): 2:58pm On Aug 17, 2010
This is madness. How could she think of such a stupid act. Over-righteousness sometimes could be a sin. Wisdom is profitable to direct, so the scriptures says.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by chakula: 2:59pm On Aug 17, 2010
itsmayiela:

Lucky that she did the act during Ramadan season when all Muslim faithfuls are repentant.  

True observation.

But where do the lady ever observe the situation where by the Imam or Muslim par say used to visit Church or even close to for preaching Islam to the Christians the lady indeed was very providential and saved by God to let her bystander the remaining tragedy while she is alive.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by marcus1234: 2:59pm On Aug 17, 2010
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by tpiah: 3:02pm On Aug 17, 2010
However, the Muslim students went haywire when they found out that the institution’s bulletin which was released this morning did not report the incident

i also dont see the reason why the incident is being broadcast in the media.

why stir up people unnecessarily?

what purpose will reporting it serve?

and why do we like advertising every action by mentally disturbed individuals?

in fact, i tire for nigerian youth sha! Far too many of them [whether diasporan or home based] who are completely lost.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by junegirl(f): 3:26pm On Aug 17, 2010
@Pukkah: It's been so long since I commented on facebook, I've even forgotten how to insert qoutes. I would have love to insert yours here. Very well said! So well said I had to login to commend you. Religionists, the bane of virtually all conflicts.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by botaj(m): 3:29pm On Aug 17, 2010
Thank God for this kind of forum you will really know the Intelligent Quotient level of some people,i mean people who are busy insulting
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by JesusloveU: 3:32pm On Aug 17, 2010
Well,what the girl did was not actually the way she should have done it.All the same,i think they should forget about the issue,because two wrongs do not make right.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Oba234: 3:41pm On Aug 17, 2010
This is too funny. I honestly try to defend Islam as much as possible from people that make negative generalization about muslims because I have many muslims friends, but [b] I am shock by the amount of Muslims that are advocating for extreme punishment for this girl, Let me get this straight, How can Muslims claim that their religion is a religion of peace, but are quick to anger when they are being provoked. For example, how can I claim to be a peaceful person but quick to knock somebody out as soon as somebody provoke me? Anybody can claim to be peaceful, but your character is determine during times of temptation. The time when Muslims should show that they are a peaceful religion is during a situation like this not after beating the girl mercilessly and then some are saying she is lucky that this didn't take place in the north, but in the same sentence claim that they are a religion of peace? From this discussion board, I have noticed that the Muslims are generally saying that Islam is a peaceful religion untill you provoked them. I am sorry to break it you, but stop lying to yourself, if you cannot uphold what your religion is about, which is peace, when you are being provoked because of your belief, then Islam is not a peaceful religion. [/b] Honestly why are you guys so quick to anger and ready to kill for your religion when you are suppose to be a peaceful religion? I really don't understand this. You guys really need to learn patience and what it means to be peaceful because your actions tell me otherwise.
People that belong to a religion of peace would have prayed for the person, laugh the immaturity of the girl off,  and pray she gets help and let her go on her way and continue their prayer. Do as you say, not making empty noises about peace.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by botaj(m): 3:45pm On Aug 17, 2010
To those people who said muslims are over reacting, Isrealis who are busy killing civilians,aid workers,activist and children in palestine are not as much publicised as suicide bombers in iraq are more publicised.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Tokotaya: 3:57pm On Aug 17, 2010
No need provoke them. You most certainly would not achieve the goal of winning them, but setting off chaos.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by Nobody: 4:01pm On Aug 17, 2010
Sister christian my hand is not on it. People should learn how to respect others religion. Me as a christian I ain't gonna take that from any other religion, it is so annoying and provocative.
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by botaj(m): 4:01pm On Aug 17, 2010
The girl and those of you supporting her just because you are of the same religion should get yourselves ckecked up. How many christian had she preached to become born again. you guys are looking for every means to provocate muslims and when they react you start saying all sort of rubbish. You guys should get yourselves informed by looking for info cos you guys really dont know how much christians are frustating muslims. why do they have to do a cartoon about mohamed if not to provocate cos how many have done about Jesus,moses,Noah,Adam,Jacob and others,if muslims need to do a cartoon about mohamed then leave it to them. Why do they have to print a revised Quran when muslims are yet to do it themselves if not for provocation
Re: Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI by unclebros: 4:07pm On Aug 17, 2010
As a strong believer and follower of our Lord Jesus, I condemn what that lady did and i think she should be punished for instigating a riot to a peaceful environment. I suggest she be made to miss this semester's exam and have an extra semester, this is will go along way to send a strong signal to any intending perpetrators of such act either from the Christian or Islamic community.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (23)

Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? / "RCCG Pastor Chiedu Ezekwesili Swindled My Mother Of N11 Million" - Lady / Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.