Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,784 members, 7,875,943 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:06 AM

Do You Always Tell Foreign Nationals Positive Things About Nigeria? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Always Tell Foreign Nationals Positive Things About Nigeria? (5466 Views)

Boko Haram: Always Tell Nigerians The Truth – Ezekwesili To Buhari / Nigeria Will Evacuate Nationals If South Africa Attacks Worsen – Minister / Positive Things About Africa You Won't Hear In The West - Bbc Reporter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Always Tell Foreign Nationals Positive Things About Nigeria? by publisher(m): 11:59pm On Aug 30, 2010
@ ALL
Thousands of people are murdered in Mexico due to drug related crimes,the Mexican police is known to be extremely corrupt, yet MILLIONS of Americans travel to Mexico annually to enjoy their beaches,cuisine amongst other things. If such was Nigeria's fate,many Nigerians will open their mouths and tell the world how cocaine crimes have destroyed the country. When a Nigerian bad mouths his own country in front of a foreigner,he/she does so foolishly. Cos let's face facts;as far as that white man asking u about your country is concerned,Nigeria is NOT a living organism,Nigeria is NOT IBB,Yaradua or Goodluck,Nigeria is NOT Niger-delta or Jos. In that white man's eyes,at the point in time (as he watches you down grade your own country), YOU ARE NIGERIA!!!
Re: Do You Always Tell Foreign Nationals Positive Things About Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:12am On Aug 31, 2010
publisher said:

When a Nigerian bad mouths his own country in front of a foreigner,he/she does so foolishly. Cos let's face facts; as far as that white man asking u about your country is concerned, Nigeria is NOT a living organism, Nigeria is NOT IBB, Yaradua or Goodluck, Nigeria is NOT Niger-delta or Jos. In that white man's eyes, at the point in time (as he watches you down grade your own country), YOU ARE NIGERIA!!!

I've always wondered why many Nigerians fail to grasp that simple fact. They fail to understand that they are ambassadors for Nigeria, and therefore, as ambassadors, MUST present their country in as fair a light as possible.

Thus instead of blurting out ''there's no light, no water, no education, no roads, no security, nothing!!'', which most whites take LITERALLY, you need to say, ''we have frequent power outages'', or ''we have quite a lot of bad roads although many cities are starting to see investment in that area. Lagos for instance has a dynamic governor that's fixed many roads and built a lot more''. ''We have a hundred universities, but lecturers often go on strike for low pay'' Just TELL THE TRUTH AS IT IS. That's all.  grin

If you tell them there is NOTHING in your country, they regard YOU (subconsciously at least) as a WORTHLESS entity.
Re: Do You Always Tell Foreign Nationals Positive Things About Nigeria? by Beaf: 12:17am On Aug 31, 2010
ROSSIKE:

publisher said:

I've always wondered why many Nigerians fail to grasp that simple fact. They fail to understand that they are ambassadors for Nigeria, and therefore, as ambassadors, MUST present their country in a fair light. Thus instead of saying ''there's no light, no water, no education, no roads, no security'', which most whites tale LITERALLY, you need to say, ''we have frequent power outages'', or ''we have quite a lot of bad roads although many cities are starting to see investment in that area''. ''We have a hundred universities, but lecturers often go on strike for low pay'' [size=14pt]Just TELL THE TRUTH AS IT IS. That's all.[/size]  grin

If you tell them there is NOTHING in your country, they regard YOU (subconsciously at least) as a WORTHLESS entity.

Nothing more is required.

The bit in red is so true, but people who are foolish enough to slag off the country never ever realise that.
Re: Do You Always Tell Foreign Nationals Positive Things About Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:24am On Aug 31, 2010
Yes Beaf. They imagine they are distancing themselves from the country. grin  Whatever gives them the idea that people buy that crap, I'll never know. The white guy is thinking (but not saying) ''well if the country's as hopeless as you say it is, what could possibly make YOU any different from the rest of 'em?''  grin

I wonder how many Nigerians have been overlooked for sensitive, highly paid positions in their companies overseas, after they slagged off all Nigerians as thieves at the company dinner party, before their smiling bosses?  grin

[img]http://1.bp..com/_RaOrchOImw8/SLW9N8ei3ZI/AAAAAAAAC-I/o7-sTPpUMU0/s400/business%2520men%2520talking.jpg[/img]

''Sir, please don't mind that useless country full of thieves and incompetents''

''Really? Well we'll have to look again at your promotion request, Mr Olanrewaju''.
Re: Do You Always Tell Foreign Nationals Positive Things About Nigeria? by Beaf: 12:50am On Aug 31, 2010
ROSSIKE:

Yes Beaf. They imagine they are distancing themselves from the country. grin  Whatever gives them the idea that people buy that crap, I'll never know. The white guy is thinking (but not saying) ''well if the country's as hopeless as you say it is, what could possibly make YOU any different from the rest of 'em?''  grin

I wonder how many Nigerians have been overlooked for sensitive, highly paid positions in their companies overseas, after they slagged off all Nigerians as thieves at the company dinner party, before their smiling bosses?  grin

[img]http://1.bp..com/_RaOrchOImw8/SLW9N8ei3ZI/AAAAAAAAC-I/o7-sTPpUMU0/s400/business%2520men%2520talking.jpg[/img]

''Sir, please don't mind that useless country full of thieves and incompetents''

''Really? Well we'll have to look again at your promotion request, Mr Olanrewaju''.

Poor Olanrewaju! grin grin grin

I remember a place I worked in many years years ago as a fresh young man; my white colleagues kept wanting to abbreviate my 9ja name into something "easy for them to pronounce" (something, I've noticed only junior workers do), but I just kept telling them, "no offence, but that easy name has no meaning; all Nigerians have rich meanings and are usually given after a lot of meditation."
There were others who asked for my "Christian name" as well, they got basically the same answer.

Each time, we would go into all the, "Really? whats the meaning of your name then?" stuff and I would oblige them with it. We would discuss culture, differences etc. I got deep respect and made a lot of friends (and lovely babes) off that simple gesture. I also got the sort of questions you ask only those you trust like, "so why does so and so have that fake accent and act funny, when he is Nigerian like you?" . . .Without fail, it was always the loose lipped, fake i.diots they were asking about. That was how I knew that they despiced both the snitches and fake whiter than white black people.

Obama grew up as Barry, then realised something was missing when he looked in the mirror, he reverted to his Kenyan name, Barack and won the US Presidency as a man who is very comfortable with his rural Kenyan, goat herding roots.

. . .Nothing horribly wrong with an English name though, I'm just illustrating a point.
Re: Do You Always Tell Foreign Nationals Positive Things About Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:09am On Aug 31, 2010
lol  grin beaf, every foreigner that knows me has immense respect for me for the simple reason that they know I'm proud of Naija and its place in the world.

I just KNOW they would never have the same level of respect if I told them everything was ''zero'' in Nigeria, or tried to distance myself from the African giant. grin
Re: Do You Always Tell Foreign Nationals Positive Things About Nigeria? by Ranoscky(m): 12:49pm On Aug 31, 2010
*Take's a deep sigh n walk's out.*
Re: Do You Always Tell Foreign Nationals Positive Things About Nigeria? by VPersie: 12:52pm On Aug 31, 2010
Maybe your pops just wasn't very good at it. Why is that Nigeria's fault, or didn't others succeed in that same environment? Businesses fail EVERYWHERE in the world, not just in Nigeria. My dad also lost his job. Luckily he'd saved enough to afford a new life in the US.

@ROSSIKE

Since you cannot eschew insults, its pointless talking to you.

@OThers

I am enjoying the exchange of ideas. I will come back to post my thoughts.
Re: Do You Always Tell Foreign Nationals Positive Things About Nigeria? by LFJ: 3:59pm On Aug 31, 2010
ROSSIKE:

ziga said to LFJ:

Thank you ziga. You see, people like LFJ are simply not what we need for Nigeria. This one is zero. That one is zero. Everything is ''zero''. Yet he learned to read, write, get a university education, make money, and travel to US, to settle and work comfortably among world class people in a world class environment, all coming from a land of ''zero''.

Is that possible?

No.

In his bitter world, 2+3 = 0.

Insufficiency means absence.

In fact when I tell you that Nigerians are their own worst enemies, you can see exactly what I mean.

No wonder the whites he worships enter the country and are surprised that we are NOT a land of ''zero'', but simply a developing nation.

But Mr Zero sees different. He sees a country that is not like America and hence, is ''zero''.

Tragic.

LFJ, aka Mr Zero, I think it's best you remain in the US Army, and I hope you are not among the soldiers the US is planning to send in its AFRICOM missions to destabilize African countries in its planned imperialist drive. I learnt they were actively canvassing for Nigerian recruits a while back.

I don't imagine YOU would have problem obeying their orders.

The more I read from you, the more convinced I am about the femi fani kayode and Remi oyo in you, these are people who will fight tooth and nail to defend the corrupt establishment they were serving all because of what got into their pockets. To them, Nigeria was a bad country until they got presidential appointments, and then Nigeria became the best country in the world! These are hypocrites living a fool’s paradise. You probably work for a commissioner like ANIEKAN UMANAH, the Akwa Ibom State Information Commissioner who called the issue of child witches in his state a ruse, when the evidence is there for all to see.

Thanks to Seun for this initiative, this is not cedeland.com, it is not dollarland.com, for your information, this is nairaland.com. It is an avenue to express our feelings about the positives and negatives within our system.

The attack on me is unnecessary; you are fighting the wrong person, an innocent soul for that matter. You are fighting somebody that pays his taxes and have every right to say it when he feels that his taxes are not channeled to the right direction but rather to private pockets for self aggrandizement. I have not only taken to the street, home and abroad to protest the inefficiency in our system, I have also contributed financially to support the course.

If you want to die in silence, that is your problem my good friend. If my list is your headache, I have no apologies for that; I am a true Nigerian, a proud one for that matter. Silence may not be golden at this stage of our life. I want people across the world to accord my green passport genuine respect.

There are no two ways to the truth, what we lack is what we lack, let us call a spade a spade. Calling Nigeria a failed state does not make you a bad citizen, if it is out of genuine concern for your country. As great as America is today, people still complain, then what is wrong if we list and complain what is wrong with our own system.
What other evidence do we need to see that we are failing as a nation? Criminals become king-makers, police kill at will, Kidnappers name their price, our votes are not counted, justice is to the highest bidder, unemployment and the state of our education is not a concern as long there is money for them to steal. If I lay much emphasis on my ‘NO’ to drive home my point that all these are not in existence in my country, then I don’t think I deserve your insult.

America experienced oil pollution in the gulf for just three months, Americans called for the president’s head, calling him a failure who didn’t respond on time even though the pollution was caused by a private company. Nigeria’s Niger-delta has been witnessing oil pollution for over two decades rendering their environment inhabitable, destroying their source of livelihood a la fishing, farming, yet hypocrites like you advertise it as a normal thing. With people like you in Nigeria, Jerry Gana is definitely a saint!
Re: Do You Always Tell Foreign Nationals Positive Things About Nigeria? by bidemi12(m): 4:42pm On Aug 31, 2010
^^^ Omo stop wasting your time. I have learn't that most Nigerians know no better and so the status quo is the best for them. Any attempt to say otherwise makes you a demon.
Re: Do You Always Tell Foreign Nationals Positive Things About Nigeria? by CareTaker1(m): 4:59pm On Aug 31, 2010
bidemi12:

^^^ Omo stop wasting your time. I have learn't that most Nigerians know no better and so the status quo is the best for them. Any attempt to say otherwise makes you a demon.

He who does not know but thinks that he knows should repent and join those that knows

God Bless Nigeria!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GodBlessNigeria
Re: Do You Always Tell Foreign Nationals Positive Things About Nigeria? by bidemi12(m): 5:16pm On Aug 31, 2010
Care-Taker:

He who does not know but thinks that he knows should repent and join those that knows

God Bless Nigeria!

This old senile fool again. which kain thing be this?
Re: Do You Always Tell Foreign Nationals Positive Things About Nigeria? by ruffrider(f): 8:20pm On Aug 31, 2010
I met people from Ghana that say be care with folks from Nigeria. But I learn that you can put everyone in one catergory. I will give anyone the benefit of the doubt unless they prove me wrong,but hey that doesn't mean cause they deceive me, I make everyone suffer for it.
Re: Do You Always Tell Foreign Nationals Positive Things About Nigeria? by CareTaker1(m): 8:54pm On Aug 31, 2010
bidemi12:

This old senile fool again. which kain thing be this?

When are you going to grow up?

Re: Do You Always Tell Foreign Nationals Positive Things About Nigeria? by tunde121oke: 8:55pm On Sep 01, 2010
only positive things okay
Re: Do You Always Tell Foreign Nationals Positive Things About Nigeria? by bidemi12(m): 12:29am On Sep 02, 2010
Care-Taker:

When are you going to grow up?

when you do?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Official Website Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria / Fuel Scarcity To Be Experienced Across The Country By Next Week. / EFCC Withdraws Fraud Charge Against Abiola’s Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.