Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,469 members, 7,974,910 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 12:54 PM

Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here (208724 Views)

When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God / Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) / Top Ten Nigeria Pastors Who Did Not Talk To Each Other (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (296) (Go Down)

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by mudley: 11:56am On Jan 15, 2011
JeSoul:

I'm sorry mudley but your '313' id is on a permanent ban and will remain there for now. Even if you feel you did not deserve a ban before, you certainly more than earned it by your behavior/posts yesterday.
uh huh? and was my mudley313 id active yesterday to suffer retribution for what another id posted (and subsequently deleted)?

I've asked Mukina to unban the other id. That is the best I can do for you.
You do not have to worry about any christians bothering you from now on, you have my personal guarantee. Open your threads and carry on, but make no mistake, if you post any topics that I deem offensive and/or I receive complaints about from other members, I will take action
whatever

it's evident your decisions are easily influenced by the prodings of other christian members on this board and that was exactly what happened when you were spurred into rashly banning me unfairly in the first place. not good for a mod who claims to be objective

JeSoul:

I will put in request to unban your other ID. But oga if you misstep, the gavel will come down. Rest assured. Thanks.
madam, just simply keep your word na; is that too too hard to ask for? my 313 id was the one that was banned unfairly and was not part of whatever behavior you're trying to bring up in your earlier post. you don't have to base your decisions on the desires of the tobas. this is what brought about the whole unjustified treatment in the first place
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by KunleOshob(m): 4:48pm On Jan 16, 2011
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by manmustwac(m): 4:50pm On Jan 16, 2011
@mudley
i agree that you were banned unfairly and toba should've been banned to but then JeSoul (and me) do not have any power to unban people we can only recommend people who are breaking the nairaland rules to be banned. All she can do is send a PM to mukina asking her unban you which i believe she has already done.

JeSoul:

I've asked Mukina to unban the other id. That is the best I can do for you.

But then that dose not guarantee that mukina will release your other I D and after reading your previous post i don't it very much. You could be expecting another ban instead.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by KunleOshob(m): 5:21pm On Jan 16, 2011
@manmustmac
I am suprised you have nothing to say about the barage of extremely personal insults your atheist buddy made against Jesoul above.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by manmustwac(m): 5:23pm On Jan 16, 2011
^^^i thought i said he should be expecting another ban
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Rhino5dm: 5:35pm On Jan 16, 2011
^^^ just as you decided to ban my Rhino.4dm i.d  for one line retailation of personal insult on mudley.

ironically you are now overlooking mudley's dung up there un-flushed shocked shocked . i wonder what that post still waiting for undecided undecided, if na Rhino now, red massage go just pop out within micro seconds. "you have lost your posting blah blah. . . . . ."

Anyway, some mods favourite's  got an eye-service banned and release within some few seconds while my Rhino.4dm ID has decayed for some far more less offence. THIS IS NIGERIANLAND NAIRALAND WHERE ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.  
 me don talk am say one day monkey go go market e no go return. CLASH OF THE TITANS lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

i guess is all good to have someone  looking for you.  o ma se ooo! angry angry angry sad sad
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Dulcet7(m): 3:38am On Jan 17, 2011
@vescucci: I can't cut them up and it's still too big for youtube. If you still want it (beware its 5.1Gb in all), email me and I can send you links - I will put it on a private server ~ I don't want to put the links here cos the server is private. emailaddress@y@hoo.com

@mudley: I believe your post above and the thread here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-586748.0.html (respecting vescucci's wishes of no more posts there) are in very very bad taste. Plus ~ it appears Jesoul does not directly have power to ban or unban anyone! You really should stop all of this defamation of her character.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by JeSoul(f): 4:06am On Jan 17, 2011
I cannot even laugh. Lol.  grin grin grin grin

I was enjoying my sunday evening when I got a text about the tantrum our brother was throwing. My mother always taught me not to fight, that the truth will always find a way out. Perhaps myself and Mukina's actions in banning that thing is now obvious for the whole NL to see.

Please ya'll should give mudley a hug and a kiss, cos anyone that desperate to defame another has some serious problems. I only feel sorry for him, you should all too.

And as a side note, I really appreciate those of you who showed me love  kiss Kunle, Vesc, Inesqor, Dulcet, tpia and others, I appreciate it ehn. Rhino, I'm working on getting you credit to release "4d". Anyways, Godbless all of una.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by JeSoul(f): 4:09am On Jan 17, 2011
manmustwac:

@mudley
i agree that you were banned unfairly and toba should've been banned to but then JeSoul (and me) do not have any power to unban people we can only recommend people who are breaking the nairaland rules to be banned. All she can do is send a PM to mukina asking her unban you which i believe she has already done.

But then that dose not guarantee that mukina will release your other I D and after reading your previous post i don't it very much. You could be expecting another ban instead.

MMW, your information is incorrect. I have repeated several times here Toba was banned. His ban was hourly just like Uyi and Inesqor. Mudley was permanent because he is a repeat offender.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by InesQor(m): 4:14am On Jan 17, 2011
Jesoul! kiss Missed you much, sis. I didn't even know I have been unbanned! LOL grin I thought it was a permanent ban. But Presto! Magic!! I can now make posts again!! grin Oh boy, I'm glad you came on time to fix this mudley mess cos I know you don't usually use Nairaland on weekends.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by JeSoul(f): 4:19am On Jan 17, 2011
^ah! thank you oh sweerie. Your ban was hourly - it would've said so in the big red letters when you log in.

Mukina has been offline for a few days (very unlike her and I hope she's okay). Seun has been alerted of the situation . . . Thank you again oh! kiss
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Rhino5dm: 5:05am On Jan 17, 2011
@ jesoul.
Thanx very much i knew i can always count you. The finest. Lol!

Please ignore that 'it' cos 'it' doesnt worth any time wasting. Being a useless atheist is never a licence for cow.a.rdness.

Why on earth would any sane person result in attacking family on a faceless forum

I hope not to read mudley's suicide note very soon! Kai sai a hankali.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Dulcet7(m): 5:10am On Jan 17, 2011
@Rhino.5dm How are you this great new week? Please do not aggravate the matter smiley
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Rhino5dm: 5:58am On Jan 17, 2011
^ ^ thanx for the concern.
Sure am not yet done with him cos he owes me . . . 'you cant run away from the shadow of the romans'.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by nuclearboy(m): 6:40am On Jan 17, 2011
I almost put up a response to this issue but it would have aggravated issues. Seeing Jesouls response, I am thankful I didn't. Way to go, lady!

The best way to handle someone looking for attention is to Ignore them. Defending Jesoul makes no sense - she's too far up there to require defence. And the opposite remains true
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 9:40am On Jan 17, 2011
KunleOshob:

@manmustmac
I am suprised you have nothing to say about the barage of extremely personal insults your atheist buddy made against Jesoul above.

My take is simple in relation to your post kunleoshob. May God not let[b] us have enemies as friends or co workers[/b]. How on earth will two threads that were meant for character assassination and defamation originally posted in the religion section, that should have being locked by an unbiased moderator be moved to another section which he has no control over?

Till Now both threads are still opened and nairalanders are making comments.

Jesoul i feel for u and mukina2 having to work with someone acting like an enemy on a faceless forum.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by vescucci(m): 10:14am On Jan 17, 2011
Now that's class. And to think I was hysterically worried about this woman. JeSoul for President.

@Dulcet. 5.1GB?! Ah! That's outta my league o. Thanks a lot but I'll pass. Are they serial or one doesn't need to watch em all to make sense of em?
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Dulcet7(m): 4:18pm On Jan 17, 2011
@vescucci
Hi Vescucci. I wish you very well. Indeed 5.1Gb is a lot of data to download at once. They are 24 recorded classroom lectures (each approx. 220Mb, each 30 minutes) on "Lost Christianities" and yes, you can make complete sense of any lecture independently. The titles are:
1. The Diversity of Early Christianity
2. Christians who would be Jews (Ebionites)
3. Christians who would refuse to be Jews (Marcionites)
4. Early Gnostic Christianity - our Sources
5. Early Christian Gnosticism - An Overview
6. The Gnostic "Gospel of Truth"
7. Gnostics explain themselves
8. The Coptic Gospel of Thomas
9. Thomas Gnostic Teachings
10. Infancy Gospels
11. The Gospel of Peter
12. The Secret Gospel of Mark
13. The Acts of John
14. The Acts of Thomas
15. The Acts of Paul and Thecla
16. Forgeries in the Name of Paul
17. The Epistle of Barnabas
18. The Apocalypse of Peter
19. The Rise of Early Christian Orthodoxy
20. Beginnings of the Canon
21. Formation of the New Testament Canon
22. Interpretation of Scripture
23. Orthodox Corruption of Scripture
24. Early Christian Creeds
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by JeSoul(f): 4:56pm On Jan 17, 2011
My dears . . . thank you all oh  kiss

Rhino, I salute, and I still owe you an email. Nuclear I appreciate that a ton. Thanks for holding back. And Vesc, you already know, it should be Vescucci For President! jesoul for secretary of the[b] treasury [/b] cool grin

Everybody no wahala at all, lets all just give our brother a group hug, because he really needs it   grin grin

Dulcet, is there any way to reduce the resolution/quality of the videos so that the overall file size will reduce? Since you'll be more concerned about audio, you may be able to get away with a lower quality of video. Just a thought.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by vescucci(m): 6:12pm On Jan 17, 2011
Awww. I wish you happiness too Dulcet. Oh, hot damn! Now I can't think of anything else. Didn't old Professor write a book instead? I'm weighing a lot of things against each other lately and inasmuch as my views are alike with those of Thomas Paine, I wanna see things from other perspectives. Trying to keep an open mind. That's the best attitude, yes?

Lol, Jay. I step down.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by UyiIredia(m): 6:27pm On Jan 17, 2011
for her composed handling of Nairaland's clown >>> to be candid I didn't have anything to say about Mudley's behaviour >>> he only sealed what I had long known
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Dulcet7(m): 6:29pm On Jan 17, 2011
@Vescucci. Prof Bart Ehrman wrote books too, and in fact one of them ~ I believe ~ is a core introductory textbook for religion students in almost every US college. It's titled "The New Testament : A Historical Introduction to the Early Christian Writings".

Great thoughts, madam Jesoul. However due to the time-length I still won't be able to post it on youtube unless I chop each video into 2 or 3 parts ~ don't wanna do that ~ still hunting for a video host with unlimited time ~ maybe I will just post audio files if all else fails.

Meanwhile those koala bears are really cute  grin
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Dulcet7(m): 6:41pm On Jan 17, 2011
@vescucci Edit: I just stumbled on this page at the so-called internet archive. The book is listed as a community book so you can read it online http://www.archive.org/details/BartEhrman-TheNewTestament-AHistoricalIntroductionToTheEarly (note the links on the left) 51Mb pdf.

Featuring vibrant full color throughout, this new edition of Bart Ehrman's highly successful introduction approaches the New Testament from a consistently historical and comparative perspective, emphasizing the rich diversity of the earliest Christian literature.

Rather than shying away from the critical problems presented by these books, Ehrman addresses the historical and literary challenges they pose, showing why scholars continue to argue over such significant issues as how the books of the New Testament came into being, when they were written (and by whom), what they mean, how they relate to contemporary Christian and non-Christian literature, and how they came to be collected into the canon of scripture that we now call the New Testament.

Distinctive to this study is its unique focus on the historical, literary, and religious milieux of the Greco-Roman world, including early Judaism. As part of its historical orientation, the book also discusses works by other Christian writers who were roughly contemporary with the New Testament, such as the Gospel of Thomas, the Apocalypse of Peter, and the letters of Ignatius.

The text is enhanced by maps, timelines, an extensive text box program, and more than one hundred photos. An accompanying Instructor's Manual contains chapter summaries, discussion questions, and a test bank. An updated Website Study Guide provides chapter summaries, glossary terms, and self-quizzes for students.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jan 17, 2011
Uyi Iredia:

for her composed handling of Nairaland's clown >>> to be candid I didn't have anything to say about [b]Mudley's behaviou[/b]r >>> he only sealed what I had long known
the guy is really sickening. All we can do is to appeal to jesoul to be calm since MMW chose to be at the other side.
Will send u a msg on FB now
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by manmustwac(m): 7:04pm On Jan 17, 2011
toba:

My take is simple in relation to your post kunleoshob. May God not let[b] us have enemies as friends or co workers[/b]. How on earth will two threads that were meant for character assassination and defamation originally posted in the religion section, that should have being locked by an unbiased moderator be moved to another section which he has no control over?

Till Now both threads are still opened and nairalanders are making comments.

Jesoul i feel for u and mukina2 having to work with someone acting like an enemy on a faceless forum.
What is your problem? I did not move any of mudleys topics to the nairaland section. He posted them there. And anything that is posted there i don't have any control over. I did move two of his topics one was titled JeSoul Is A Biased Mod and the other Toba Is A Fraud Poster to the recycle bin before you got a chance to see them and only left Toba And Mod Jesoul In Adulterous E-relationship because i wanted JeSoul to see that mudley (who was banned unfairly) is becoming a nuisance. Count yourself lucky because i don't understand how uyi iredia (and InesQuor who as far as concerned should never have been banned in the first place) be banned and you get away with it.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jan 17, 2011
manmustwac:

What is your problem? I did not move any of mudleys topics to the nairaland section. He posted them there. And anything that is posted there i don't have any control over. I did move two [/b]of his topics one was titled JeSoul Is A Biased Mod and the other Toba Is A Fraud Poster to the recycle bin before you got a chance to see them and only left Toba And Mod Jesoul In Adulterous E-relationship because i wanted JeSoul to see that mudley (who was banned unfairly) [b]is becoming a nuisance. Count yourself lucky because i don't understand how uyi iredia (and InesQuor who as far as concerned should never have been banned in the first place) be banned and you get away with it.
eya im scared ooooo. Forget that mr man. Thank God darwin/dawkins u admitted moving two of his threads to the recycle bin. The whole mess was caused by your in action cos when your buddy was offensive, i did called u but what was your response? I ve always tried to be calm with u, but u never wanted to be a friend with those that are not on same side with you(theists).

BTW who told u i got away free? a whole moderator MMW passing wrong information. I repeat  If u had performed intime all these thrash would have been saved.

Anyway i rest my case cos its now obvious that your mudley is indeed becoming a nuisance according to u . I had thought of extending a hand of friendship to him, Unfortunately he went gaga and took his irrationality beyond normal with character assasination.

Well mudley when u regain consciousness, we might be friends
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by JeSoul(f): 8:19pm On Jan 17, 2011
Toba, if you have any regard at all for me, I kindly ask that you please leave the matter and MMW alone. You've voiced your opinion, now pls let it go. I've asked you many times to let MMW be, and that we all see things through our own biases. Its not easy being a mod and we all have missteps. I really appreciate that you have my back though, but please ehn, leave it be and lets all move on. Or else . . . na to bring out my foldable koboko from my purse . . .

Uyi, thank you brotha. I saw your "religion pt 2 thread", hope you won't let it slip off like that?

Dulcet, I'm glad you like my teddy bears smiley. On the other issue, I think I used that textbook from Ehrman for a "New Testament" class i took in college. Good stuff.

And @all, I want to say that our dear mudley has given us a fantastic opportunity to return cursing with blessing, and to (tough) love those who hate us. I get to spend a bit of time in the 'public' eye here in my home, so this gives me good practice in taking shots smiley. But on the serious side, I really and honestly do wish mudley well. I pray that everything he puts his hands to do, will be successful. And that with the same fervor that he has used to curse me and others, may it be of the same degree and even more, with which blessings are pronounced on his life. He will succeed and his family and house will be blessed. I am hopelessly incapable of hate or even holding a grudge, lol, so I really wish our brother the best. And that he comes back and becomes a model NL citizen that we will all admire.

Let the people say amen smiley
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jan 17, 2011
Ok peace. MMW and Mudley313 sheathed Sword.
My big Sister Jesoul, l have 2 questions i would like to ask. l'll coin both in Separate threads Soon so u guys can give ur take.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by vescucci(m): 11:13am On Jan 18, 2011
Thank you Dulcet. That's really helpful. I hope the Prof is everything that I hear. On a side, what are his own personal beliefs? Are they known? Or he keeps himself to himself?
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Dulcet7(m): 11:25am On Jan 18, 2011
Hello vescucci. You are welcome. Prof Ehrman always shies away from revealing his own personal persuasions, he will rather claim he is only a religious historian. From my personal observation, he is somewhere between agnostic and simply theistic - closer to the latter than the former.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by UyiIredia(m): 12:24pm On Jan 18, 2011
@ MMW >>> i recall having 'strong words' for u the first time we met >>> i recall adducing the attribute of a rabid dog to Mudley >>> does his behaviour not justify my observation >>> setting religious views aside for the moment >>> i suppose that you can allow the fact that Mudley's behaviour is unwholesome, toxic and deserving of an urgent address >>> he is not the only atheist on NL you know.

consider the way NLers mourned bawomolo's *i wish i met him  sad* passing and Mudley's behaviour >>> could the same reaction follow mudley (who has now assumed the name 'jesoulhsb') were a mishap to fall on his head >>> please talk to him >>> if i do trust me NL wouldn't hold us *not to mention the others on the line just waiting to get a crack at him*
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by nuclearboy(m): 2:17pm On Jan 18, 2011
"Jesoulhsb"? angry

This starts to go too far or is it just me wondering why the international multi-lingual dollar/pound/euro/yen earning magnate finds NL so irresistible and important to his life that he has to go this far? I doubt even the guy he calls "24/7 Toba" will cry and wail at a ban. Why not just spend some of the dollars to create not just a "NairaLand" but a "UniverseLand" and attract other societal dregs to make a team.

Sad, sick, stupid.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (296)

The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes / The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin / From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.