Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,907 members, 7,872,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:48 AM

Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here - Religion (193) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here (201409 Views)

When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God / Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) / Top Ten Nigeria Pastors Who Did Not Talk To Each Other (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (296) (Go Down)

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by MrPresident1: 11:03pm On Sep 03, 2013
Chibuebem: i think sir that that was for correction, that prophecy is supposed to lead men to repentance not bring terror and hopelessness on them.

1 corinthians 14:3
But everyone who prophesies speaks to men for their strengthening, encouragement and comfort.

You have mixed up the context my friend.

In Jeremiah 28:8 Jeremiah is warning Israel of the consequence of their refusal to obey God, while another prophet, Hananiah, prophesied false peace to Israel while trouble loomed.

Pay attention to the bolded

Jeremiah 28:8-17
8 The prophets that have been before me and before thee of old prophesied both against many countries, and against great kingdoms, of war, and of evil, and of pestilence.

9 The prophet which prophesieth of peace, when the word of the prophet shall come to pass, then shall the prophet be known, that the LORD hath truly sent him.

10 Then Hananiah the prophet took the yoke from off the prophet Jeremiah's neck, and brake it.

11 And Hananiah spake in the presence of all the people, saying, Thus saith the LORD; Even so will I break the yoke of Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon from the neck of all nations within the space of two full years. And the prophet Jeremiah went his way.

12 Then the word of the LORD came unto Jeremiah the prophet, after that Hananiah the prophet had broken the yoke from off the neck of the prophet Jeremiah, saying,

13 Go and tell Hananiah, saying, Thus saith the LORD; Thou hast broken the yokes of wood; but thou shalt make for them yokes of iron.

14 For thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; I have put a yoke of iron upon the neck of all these nations, that they may serve Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon; and they shall serve him: and I have given him the beasts of the field also.

15 Then said the prophet Jeremiah unto Hananiah the prophet, Hear now, Hananiah; The LORD hath not sent thee; but thou makest this people to trust in a lie.

16 Therefore thus saith the LORD; Behold, I will cast thee from off the face of the earth: this year thou shalt die, because thou hast taught rebellion against the LORD.

17 So Hananiah the prophet died the same year in the seventh month.

The bolded is the consequence of the false prophecy of peace he gave while trouble loomed.

In 1 Corinthians 14:3 that you quoted, Paul is talking to the Corinthians that had just been introduced to the laws of God. Prophecy to these Corinthians was to edify, exhort and comfort them. This would strenghthen the Corinthian church and help bring in new converts

1 Cor 14:23-25
23 If therefore the whole church be come together into one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those that are unlearned, or unbelievers, will they not say that ye are mad?

24 But if all prophesy, and there come in one that believeth not, or one unlearned, he is convinced of all, he is judged of all:

25 And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth.

Do you now see the difference in context? Dont just quote the Bible anyhow without context.

I BEAR WITNESS THAT OBADIAH WARNED ALL OF US cry

2 Likes

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Tgirl4real(f): 11:07pm On Sep 03, 2013
Who do we have here? grin
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by MrPresident1: 11:21pm On Sep 03, 2013
Tgirl4real: Who do we have here? grin

grin grin grin

Hey TPB wassup wiv ya? Hope U had a nice day wink
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 11:27pm On Sep 03, 2013
Mr President:
grin grin grin

Hey TPB wassup wiv ya? Hope U had a nice day wink

Hey mr president, thats actually Tgirl grin

But im good, i guess
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by MrPresident1: 11:33pm On Sep 03, 2013
TinyPurpleBaby:

Hey mr president, thats actually Tgirl grin

But im good, i guess

I know. I flashed some grins at her and then asked after your day wink

1 Like

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by 99cent: 11:39pm On Sep 03, 2013
the "garri" cabal has been reincarnated in the form of the "end time tinz" cabal.
watch out.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 11:41pm On Sep 03, 2013
Mr President:

You have mixed up the context my friend.

In Jeremiah 28:8 Jeremiah is warning Israel of the consequence of their refusal to obey God, while another prophet, Hananiah, prophesied false peace to Israel while trouble loomed.

Pay attention to the bolded

Jeremiah 28:8-17
8 The prophets that have been before me and before thee of old prophesied both against many countries, and against great kingdoms, of war, and of evil, and of pestilence.

9 The prophet which prophesieth of peace, when the word of the prophet shall come to pass, then shall the prophet be known, that the LORD hath truly sent him.

10 Then Hananiah the prophet took the yoke from off the prophet Jeremiah's neck, and brake it.

11 And Hananiah spake in the presence of all the people, saying, Thus saith the LORD; Even so will I break the yoke of Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon from the neck of all nations within the space of two full years. And the prophet Jeremiah went his way.

12 Then the word of the LORD came unto Jeremiah the prophet, after that Hananiah the prophet had broken the yoke from off the neck of the prophet Jeremiah, saying,

13 Go and tell Hananiah, saying, Thus saith the LORD; Thou hast broken the yokes of wood; but thou shalt make for them yokes of iron.

14 For thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; I have put a yoke of iron upon the neck of all these nations, that they may serve Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon; and they shall serve him: and I have given him the beasts of the field also.

15 Then said the prophet Jeremiah unto Hananiah the prophet, Hear now, Hananiah; The LORD hath not sent thee; but thou makest this people to trust in a lie.

16 Therefore thus saith the LORD; Behold, I will cast thee from off the face of the earth: this year thou shalt die, because thou hast taught rebellion against the LORD.

17 So Hananiah the prophet died the same year in the seventh month.

The bolded is the consequence of the false prophecy of peace he gave while trouble loomed.

In 1 Corinthians 14:3 that you quoted, Paul is talking to the Corinthians that had just been introduced to the laws of God. Prophecy to these Corinthians was to edify, exhort and comfort them. This would strenghthen the Corinthian church and help bring in new converts

1 Cor 14:23-25
23 If therefore the whole church be come together into one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those that are unlearned, or unbelievers, will they not say that ye are mad?

24 But if all prophesy, and there come in one that believeth not, or one unlearned, he is convinced of all, he is judged of all:

25 And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth.

Do you now see the difference in context? Dont just quote the Bible anyhow without context.

I BEAR WITNESS THAT OBADIAH WARNED ALL OF US cry
i understand what you're saying. The issue has been resolved by Tgirl. It was just a case of misunderstanding. My point was that 'his prophecy warning' should bring peace and encouragement in those walking in truth and repentance to those who heed it. Just like the prophecies to Israel in the old testament. It shouldn't bring terror and hopelessness. I hope my point is understood by you sir. Thank you.
Thank you Tgirl.
Thank you of course Sir Obadiah.
Goodnight everyone. Jesus loves all of ya.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Tgirl4real(f): 11:55pm On Sep 03, 2013
Chibuebem: i understand what you're saying. The issue has been resolved by Tgirl. It was just a case of misunderstanding. My point was that 'his prophecy warning' should bring peace and encouragement in those walking in truth and repentance to those who heed it. Just like the prophecies to Israel in the old testament. It shouldn't bring terror and hopelessness. I hope my point is understood by you sir. Thank you.
Thank you Tgirl.
Thank you of course Sir Obadiah.
Goodnight everyone. Jesus loves all of ya.

You are right. So, if it brings terror, the person needs to check himself.

Have a beautiful night rest.

1 Like

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 12:52am On Sep 04, 2013
Mr President:

I know. I flashed some grins at her and then asked after your day wink

My bad. Ive been cool and all... you??
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by mcfynest(m): 3:01am On Sep 04, 2013
Ishilove:
Excuse me?? Excuse me?

Excuse me?? ??

HumbledbyGrace, you insult me.

I NEVER KNEW RED BLOOD FLOWS IN YOUR VEINS, thought it was laughing gas.......
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by mcfynest(m): 3:10am On Sep 04, 2013
obadiah777: i aint sulking. i just need some wine to change my mood. the weather is gloomy out here grin

the best time to take wine @ my sugnature
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by mcfynest(m): 3:14am On Sep 04, 2013
obadiah777: and with all that being said ? lets clean up what we just wrote ? what say you Ajibam ? we shouldnt be having this out here ?

oh!!!! shocked i so much loff ( in ish voice) this guy.....see maturity.

1 Like

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by truthislight: 8:58am On Sep 04, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Saying that the day of the Lord is at hand is actually VERY encouraging. Are you not tired living under the system of this world?
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ishilove: 9:26am On Sep 04, 2013
mcfynest:

I NEVER KNEW RED BLOOD FLOWS IN YOUR VEINS, thought it was laughing gas.......
Laughing gas and fiery, red blood
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 9:27am On Sep 04, 2013
I see much of Jesoul in HBG.

When Jesoul started, she was an intolerant and religious bigot. Then she met deists and atheists. She became less conservative in her christianity. HBG is just starting to see how equality really works. She can now see that for every insult she allows on unbelievers, she has to allow an equal insult to christians.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Tgirl4real(f): 10:34am On Sep 04, 2013
The God of HBG will deliver her from you people some day. grin
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by UyiIredia(m): 10:41am On Sep 04, 2013
Logicboy03: I see much of Jesoul in HBG.

When Jesoul started, she was an intolerant and religious bigot. Then she met deists and atheists. She became less conservative in her christianity. HBG is just starting to see how equality really works. She can now see that for every insult she allows on unbelievers, she has to allow an equal insult to christians.

Trying so hard to make a devil out of a dove . . .

. . . and failing at it.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 04, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

. . . and failing at it.

No mind that guy.. Because JeSoul no get im time... Imagine comparing HBG with JeSoul...

The gods spit on you angry
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 10:46am On Sep 04, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

. . . and failing at it.

A dove? Guy, you have always been "**(insert abusive word and be banned by Ajiban)**" when it comes to women and religion

Maybe, you should read HBG's earlier comments.

Also, read my thread on Jesoul's transformation where even Jesoul herself agreed that she became more tolerant
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 10:47am On Sep 04, 2013
aManFromMars:

No mind that guy.. Because JeSoul no get im time... Imagine comparing HBG with JeSoul...

The gods spit on you angry

I know....I know......Jesoul worshipper.

Sychophant
Whipped man
Political sl^t
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 10:59am On Sep 04, 2013
Logicboy03:

I know....I know......Jesoul worshipper.

Sychophant
Whipped man
Political sl^t

I know you want her contact, and you love her to bits, don't even try to deny it.. tongue
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 11:02am On Sep 04, 2013
aManFromMars:

I know you want her contact, and you love her to bits, don't even try to deny it.. tongue

Fail.....my heart has always been in a trinity-

-the mother- Ishilove aka old cargo
-the daughter- Bella
-and the holy atheist- Javanian

Amen
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:04am On Sep 04, 2013
Logicboy03:

-the daughter- Bella

Amen

gay

1 Like

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 04, 2013
Logicboy03:

-the daughter- Bella

Amen

grin grin grin grin
Hehehehehe....
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 11:05am On Sep 04, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

gay

He just doesn't know.. wink
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 04, 2013
aManFromMars:

He just doesn't know.. wink

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 04, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

It is amazing how there is no fear of ban when adressing a Satanist.

That is the double standard....no one cares about satanists.

It is actually very legal to be bigoted towards satanists.

Unfortunately

however, you called me "gay" first!
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 04, 2013
Logicboy03:

That is the double standard....no one cares about satanists.

It is actually very legal to be bigoted towards satanists.

Unfortunately

however, you called me "gay" first!

Umm, he didn't call you gay..

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (296)

Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? / The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin / The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.