Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,564 members, 7,972,124 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 12:57 AM

Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) (11762 Views)

''Why I Dumped PDP For APC'' — Ekwunife / Political Heavyweights Who Dumped Jonathan After Winning 2011 Election For Him / Maryam Babangida Killed Dele Giwa & Left Bongos Ikwue (her Ex-hubby) For Ibb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by Solomon227(m): 4:29pm On Sep 11, 2010
@ Naija
Once again, why is everybody sounding like Biafra? Before we seperate Niger delta from Nigeria, maybe we should first revise the Justice Mamman Nasir boundary adjustment of 1967 to give Igbo people back their land as it was before the civil war.
Don't sound smart today, 40 years after you blindly fought Igbos trying to establish the same principle you're talking about now.

u are not clear in whatever u are saying and u need to be more explicit. Do u mean the Bonga field, Escravos, Adanga field, kuale field etc are parts of the SE geopolitical zone?
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by Dede1(m): 4:34pm On Sep 11, 2010
naijaking1:

Once again, why is everybody sounding like Biafra? Before we seperate Niger delta from Nigeria, maybe we should first revise the Justice Mamman Nasir boundary adjustment of 1967 to give Igbo people back their land as it was before the civil war.
Don't sound smart today, 40 years after you blindly fought Igbos trying to establish the same principle you're talking about now.

Bros, I can not believe these loudmouthed sons of backstabbers and inherent cowards still have the audacious pedigree to talk about northern region of Nigeria in disdainful manner. They are not getting smart but making themselves look as spiteful fools.
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by Solomon227(m): 4:36pm On Sep 11, 2010
@ Dede
t is amazing most of the fools just woke up from deep political slumber, including Goodluck Jonathan, who seemed to flirt with idea of dislike for northern region of Nigeria had failed to ask why did their fathers, uncles, aunts, brothers and sisters went to bed with northern Nigerian politicians and soldiers in 1967.

True federalism, resource control, revenue derivation, electricity, removal of quota systems and meritorious services were cornerstones of eastern region agitation in 1966. I now believe pig will always beget pig. Campaign based on loud noise is bound to crash.

U mix-up so many things up here! U sound like one of my bitter brothers but u putting GEJ candle out will not brighten Indigbos chances in 2015. As a matter of fact IBB presidency will b a live presidency (just like OBJ tried) but IBB wil make sure he didnt fail like OBJ by killing all oppositions.
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by Nobody: 4:43pm On Sep 11, 2010
I do not agree in its entirity what Dokpesi has to say. But the Ijaws must remember that if every Nigerian support their Kinsman, no Ijaw will be President of Nigeria in the next 100years.

So those who support Jonathan but try to bully Dokpesi for supporting an outsider are simply shortsighted. They are simply telling folks from the North who have already indicated interest in supporting Jonathan that they are fools.
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by Dede1(m): 4:54pm On Sep 11, 2010
Solomon227:

@ Dede
U mix-up so many things up here! U sound like one of my bitter brothers but u putting GEJ candle out will not brighten Indigbos chances in 2015. As a matter of fact IBB presidency will b a live presidency (just like OBJ tried) but IBB wil make sure he didnt fail like OBJ by killing all oppositions.

I will not only vote against Goodluck Ebelechukwu Azikiwe Jonathan but do everything within my powers to see him crash if he contests 2011 presidential election under PDP banner. If GEJ can not observe the dictates of his party constitution as entrenched under section 7-2C, I suggest he has no business leading democratic bunch. 

I do not give a fig about IBB ambition. If PDP produces him as zoning formula of the party guarantees, I say so be it. I repeatedly begged Ndigbo to steer clear of Nigeria and its leadership image of imbecility. Nigeria can shove 2015 through its arse I really do not care. All I ask for about Nigeria is disintegration of the colonial cesspit.
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by Solomon227(m): 4:55pm On Sep 11, 2010
I do not agree in its entirity what Dokpesi has to say. But the Ijaws must remember that if every Nigerian support their Kinsman, no Ijaw will be President of Nigeria in the next 10years.

So those who support Jonathan but try to bully Dokpesi for supporting an outsider are simply shortsighted. They are simply telling folks from the North who have already indicated interest in supporting Jonathan that they are fools.

This is a very good and intelligent point and I hope GEJ barkers especially Edwin Clarke will apply restraints in his utterances.

But to Dokpesi the only wrong thing he has done is pitching his tent with d Devil. Fewer people would ave questioned his action if he had announced supports for Buhari for instance. But IBB represents a plague no one should touch not even with a long stick. Moreover wen his AIT hitherto has shown that IBB is evil and of no good for leadership but now pilotting d same IBB campaign train shows he needs d money badly and has consequently betrayed d confidence reposed in him by many.
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by naijaking1: 5:08pm On Sep 11, 2010
Solomon227:

@ Naija
u are not clear in whatever u are saying and u need to be more explicit. Do u mean the Bonga field, Escravos, Adanga field, kuale field etc are parts of the SE geopolitical zone?

I might have forgotten that some people truely and honestly don't know of eastern Nigeria, it's people, and boundaries. These oil fields are not real geographical indicators of Igboland, Ijawland, or even Ogoniland, but merely spots where oil was located. Before the oil was found, people actively lived and owned these lands.

So without begininng another thread on the boundries of Igboland, it's common knowledge that both Port Harcourt(Igwe Ocha) and Bonny(Igwe Nga) were unquestionably Igboland with the inhabitants speaking Igbo or a variations of it.

The Hausa people designated these cities and subsequent oil fields into a "more friendly" Rivers State using the Nasir boundary adjustment commision, but in reality, it has not always been so. I would only assume that if Ijaws want to form their own country, they would so without traditional and historical Igbolands.
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by Solomon227(m): 5:11pm On Sep 11, 2010
@ Dede

I will not only vote against Goodluck Elelechukwu Azikiwe Jonathan but do everything within my powers to see him crash if he contests 2011 presidential election under PDP banner. If GEJ can not observe the dictates of his party constitution as entrenched under section 7-2C, I suggest he has no business leading democratic bunch.  

I do not give a fig about IBB ambition. If PDP produces him as zoning formula of the party guarantees, I say so be it. I repeatedly begged Ndigbo to steer clear of Nigeria and its leadership image of imbecility. Nigeria can shove 2015 through its arse I really do not care. All I ask for about Nigeria is disintegration of the colonial cesspit.  

Its too late by accident or divinity GEJ has been positioned to lead Naija into 2015. Your vote wont change anything. I agree with u dat the Indigbos have really had it rough in the scheme of things in Nigeria,since d civil war but we ave found ourself in Nigeria and may have 2 concentrate on how take a rightful place in d scheme of things and better d lots of our people.

U should b bordered about IBB aspirations because more dan GEJ IBB represents a retrogressive machine dat will take d future of Nigeria including Ndigbos back into d stone age. He has never kept his words and will never do. His victory means some Nigerians running abroad and those planning to come home changing their mind. He will muscle up all oppositions and make sure his son succeds him in presidency after dying on the sit.
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by Solomon227(m): 5:19pm On Sep 11, 2010
I might have forgotten that some people truely and honestly don't know of eastern Nigeria, it's people, and boundaries. These oil fields are not real geographical indicators of Igboland, Ijawland, or even Ogoniland, but merely spots where oil was located. Before the oil was found, people actively lived and owned these lands.

So without begininng another thread on the boundries of Igboland, it's common knowledge that both Port Harcourt(Igwe Ocha) and Bonny(Igwe Nga) were unquestionably Igboland with the inhabitants speaking Igbo or a variations of it.

The Hausa people designated these cities and subsequent oil fields into a "more friendly" Rivers State using the Nasir boundary adjustment commision, but in reality, it has not always been so. I would only assume that if Ijaws want to form their own country, they would so without traditional and historical Igbolands.

Very interesting information! But in as much as stand for my people I am not desperate to annex others land to sustain a course. What happens if the Rivers people decide to allign with the rest of Niger Delta? I lived and worked in P/H for 3 years, and inspite of the closeness of d largest group culture to Igbos (d Ikweres) they see themselves as different people and dont seem to me to buy into Biafra. A referendum for instance in Rivers will most likely be against Biafra.

We should start concentrating on how to make d best out of what we have and if we remain in Nigeria should cont demanding for our right in the scheme of things.
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by naijaking1: 5:20pm On Sep 11, 2010
Solomon227:

This is a very good and intelligent point and I hope GEJ barkers especially Edwin Clarke will apply restraints in his utterances.

But to Dokpesi the only wrong thing he has done is pitching his tent with d Devil. Fewer people would ave questioned his action if he had announced supports for Buhari for instance. But IBB represents a plague no one should touch not even with a long stick. Moreover wen his AIT hitherto has shown that IBB is evil and of no good for leadership but now pilotting d same IBB campaign train shows he needs d money badly and has consequently betrayed d confidence reposed in him by many.

There's no question IBB is an evil man, but the principles of democracy says that you should support whoever you prefer, and not hinder other people's support for their own candidates. If you try to punish Dokpesi for supporting IBB, you wouldn't be applying true democratic principles, if you try to punish him, it wouldn't make any sense at all. You should focus on gathering enough votes for your own candidate to beat the one you didn't like, not on punishing people who supported your opponent.

You don't have sound like ED Clark who has not only forgotten his own actions in the past, but seems bent on thwarting basic democratic principles. Unfortunately, Goodluck has let him make all these blunder without caution.
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by naijaking1: 5:27pm On Sep 11, 2010
Solomon227:

Very interesting information! But in as much as stand for my people I am not desperate to annex others land to sustain a course. What happens if the Rivers people decide to allign with the rest of Niger Delta? I lived and worked in P/H for 3 years, and inspite of the closeness of d largest group culture to Igbos (d Ikweres) they see themselves as different people and dont seem to me to buy into Biafra. A referendum for instance in Rivers will most likely be against Biafra.

We should start concentrating on how to make d best out of what we have and if we remain in Nigeria should cont demanding for our right in the scheme of things.

Once again, the more you look the less you see. Do you know about the problem of Ijaws and Igbos(pseudo-Igbos) in PH? The problem of Peter Odili/Amechi vs ED Clark? Don't be too sure about what you don't know. Do you know why Odili was denied the VP slot in favor of Jonathan? And you think that he and his people are just too happy for the way Ijaws come from accross the Niger to influence policies in PH?
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by seanet02: 5:35pm On Sep 11, 2010
@dede, i am not interested in arguing with the evil genius or any of his bloody cohorts, if you like vote for Tofa or gusau, you can even come out as an independent candidate and register your vote to your self, all i want you to know is we The YORUBAS and the south westerners in general is the main opposition that ibb can not even stop having sleepless night about, he is already doomed, when ever the west stand up against any government or individual, such entity is bound to fail WOEFULLY no matter how high it may be, trace all the remote causes of all nigeria political crisis, you will see it is as a result of the north either trying to play on our intelligence which they cant even match us in the first place or the north trying to impose any body on us, dont forget 60s when you tried to impose Akintola on us against our wish, That is the remote cause of the first coup which led to the death of the first premier right in my home town Egbaland, 93 ibb was chased out of office for annuling the election of MKO, this time we said no and you keep pursuing the same evil genius course. Your satanic evil genius will meet his WATERLOO at the south west, there is no doubt about that. For those who like the evil genius or have ears, let them reason, evil genius can never be the president of the federal republic of Nigeria that extends to any part of south west. Let the sleeping dog lie, IYAN OGUN ODUN ON GBONA FELIFELI
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by Solomon227(m): 5:40pm On Sep 11, 2010
There's no question IBB is an evil man, but the principles of democracy says that you should support whoever you prefer, and not hinder other people's support for their own candidates. If you try to punish Dokpesi for supporting IBB, you wouldn't be applying true democratic principles, if you try to punish him, it wouldn't make any sense at all. You should focus on gathering enough votes for your own candidate to beat the one you didn't like, not on punishing people who supported your opponent.

You don't have sound like ED Clark who has not only forgotten his own actions in the past, but seems bent on thwarting basic democratic principles. Unfortunately, Goodluck has let him make all these blunder without caution.

U should not expect a free and fair election with IBB in d race. On a good day IBB should b slugging it out with Bode George on who should b d Cell leader in Kirikiri.

The terrain has never been level with IBB Billions of pounds in UK(d only one I am dead sure of). He just gave journalists N250K as transport fares and started buying more votes.

I am particularly emotional about IBB dream because I am one of many people that lost their dear ones to IBB's ignoble days. Its a big insult that some1 that killed a democratic process and denied people happiness is even contesting for d Nation's number 1 post without any sign of remorse of all his past attrocities.

I am not GEJ lackluster fan but I have realised he is d only one that has d resources and power to squeeze IBB's ballls d way I have always dreamt. IBB doesnt deserve any fair democratic principles like u preach ( I will only advocate that for leser devils). IBB has lived all his life on deceits, manipulations, forgery, drug, killings that I cannot wait for him to be deceived, manipulated, and killed like he killed Vatsa,MKO and my friend.

If u want to campaign for free and fair election u better take IBB out of d race or u can  never have one at least not in 2011
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by gadogado(m): 5:42pm On Sep 11, 2010
olas2u:

what is rational about denying people that produced 90% of the nations wealth to become president,we all know how arrogant the northerners have been and they cannot be trusted to give power back to who is due in 2015,the time is now,the northerners where againt derivation fomular,while other zones supported,they dont want resource control,they want to discover oil before the implemtation of resource control.They messed up Nigeria.

All institutions of nation building are controlled by this people with the wrong expertise,what are you saying

your a bloody fool. 1) The south south constitute a minority, minorities dont have rights over majorities. 2) They cant dump an agreement half way into it, zoning has to be fully adhered to. 3) people like you are complete idiots, so do they go and farm the oil? is it their blood and sweat that gets the oil? just because a resource most of which is in the atlantic ocean, some sitting deep underground happens to be close to the are doesn't give them any right over the resource. They do have the right to demand compensation for environmental pollution however. But the resource belong to all Nigerians unless Nigeria's corporate existence ceases to continue, the resources belong to the federal government of Nigeria, the FG being the only entity that has full rights over any activity that has anything to do with oil. Its not the south-south peoples assembly or local monarchs that give oil blocks, its the FG.

Have you ever heard anyone in Saudi Arabia (largest oil producer) claim that since the oil is from my part of the country, I should get more money? or we should be the royal family? Have you ever heard anybody from any oil producing country make such preposterous claims? And mind you, in Saudi, they have many tribes who speak in several different arabic dialects. You're just a buffoon, a complete ignorant fool. Its only in Nigeria and Sudan, epitomes of the third world that you hear idiotic africans saying things like "the oil is from my region" so what?? do you want to localize the oil and have full control over it and maybe give the rest of the country charity or better yet keep it to yourselves an not give anybody? you're an idiot with no concept of what a nation state implies.

Its only laziness that produces this type of mentality, dont you know that its a backward and laughable thing in the international community if a country derives most of its revenue from a natural resource "A NATURALLY OCCURRING RESOURCE" as opposed to productivity through manufacturing and services and technology. This is like in America, Texans and Alaskans saying they have the right to produce a president because they produce oil. Nonsense.
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by Dede1(m): 5:46pm On Sep 11, 2010
Solomon227:

@ Dede

Its too late by accident or divinity GEJ has been positioned to lead Naija into 2015. Your vote wont change anything. I agree with u dat the Indigbos have really had it rough in the scheme of things in Nigeria,since d civil war but we ave found ourself in Nigeria and may have 2 concentrate on how take a rightful place in d scheme of things and better d lots of our people.

U should b bordered about IBB aspirations because more dan GEJ IBB represents a retrogressive machine dat will take d future of Nigeria including Ndigbos back into d stone age. He has never kept his words and will never do. His victory means some Nigerians running abroad and those planning to come home changing their mind. He will muscle up all oppositions and make sure his son succeds him in presidency after dying on the sit.

I am not ashamed to broadcast the fact that thinking of how to elevate Nigeria to greatness does not cross my mind. My prayers were centered on the well-being of anything that could lead to the disintegration of Nigeria. Biafra or Republic of Igboland, I am for it. Also, I shall support any form of confederation which will consist of Ibibio, Annang and Ogoni.

If it is divine for GEJ to lead Nigeria through 2015, I must not fail to remind his supporters that it should be a work of divinity he will be swept out of office through a coup. I have no respect for any person in power that flouts common rules.

GEJ will get my vote if he runs under another party instead of PDP.
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by Solomon227(m): 5:57pm On Sep 11, 2010
Bro gadogado

your a bloody fool. 1) The south south constitute a minority, minorities dont have rights over majorities. 2) They cant dump an agreement half way into it, zoning has to be fully adhered to. 3) people like you are complete idiots, so do they go and farm the oil? is it their blood and sweat that gets the oil? just because a resource most of which is in the atlantic ocean, some sitting deep underground happens to be close to the are doesn't give them any right over the resource. They do have the right to demand compensation for environmental pollution however. But the resource belong to all Nigerians unless Nigeria's corporate existence ceases to continue, the resources belong to the federal government of Nigeria, the FG being the only entity that has full rights over any activity that has anything to do with oil. Its not the south-south peoples assembly or local monarchs that give oil blocks, its the FG.

Have you ever heard anyone in Saudi Arabia (largest oil producer) claim that since the oil is from my part of the country, I should get more money? or we should be the royal family? Have you ever heard anybody from any oil producing country make such preposterous claims? And mind you, in Saudi, they have many tribes who speak in several different arabic dialects. You're just a buffoon, a complete ignorant fool. Its only in Nigeria and Sudan, epitomes of the third world that you hear idiotic africans saying things like "the oil is from my region" so what?? do you want to localize the oil and have full control over it and maybe give the rest of the country charity or better yet keep it to yourselves an not give anybody? you're an with no concept of what a nation state implies.

Its only laziness that produces this type of mentality, dont you know that its a backward and laughable thing in the international community if a country derives most of its revenue from a natural resource "A NATURALLY OCCURRING RESOURCE" as opposed to productivity through manufacturing and services and technology. This is like in America, Texans and Alaskans saying they have the right to produce a president because they produce oil. Nonsense.

Take it eazy ooo. But if u look at it there are so many good things that can come out of GEJ presidency if handled well and if he is competent.
At least it is now an open secret that all Nigerian federation units currently collect their allawe from oil produce from d Niger Delta region and a leader from this region should calm d fray nerves of the resltless youths dat always prop up marginalization as their reason 4 blowing up oil installations.

Again if GEJ is competent he represents a generational change in leadership with relatively sordid past and killing records like IBB who will surely carry d day if GEJ did not contest.

Another good thing is that legally-speaking GEJ is not entitled to another term if elected again as stated by d constitution and he remains d only one legally bounded by d constitution from 2015 presidential election if he won d 2011 contest.
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by Dede1(m): 6:03pm On Sep 11, 2010
seanet02:

@dede, i am not interested in arguing with the evil genius or any of his bloody cohorts, if you like vote for Tofa or gusau, you can even come out as an independent candidate and register your vote to your self, all i want you to know is we The YORUBAS and the south westerners in general is the main opposition that ibb can not even stop having sleepless night about, he is already doomed, when ever the west stand up against any government or individual, such entity is bound to fail WOEFULLY no matter how high it may be, trace all the remote causes of all nigeria political crisis, you will see it is as a result of the north either trying to play on our intelligence which they cant even match us in the first place or the north trying to impose any body on us, dont forget 60s when you tried to impose Akintola on us against our wish, That is the remote cause of the first coup which led to the death of the first premier right in my home town Egbaland, 93 ibb was chased out of office for annuling the election of MKO, this time we said no and you keep pursuing the same evil genius course. Your satanic evil genius will meet his WATERLOO at the south west, there is no doubt about that. For those who like the evil genius or have ears, let them reason, evil genius can never be the president of the federal republic of Nigeria that extends to any part of south west. Let the sleeping dog lie, IYAN OGUN ODUN ON GBONA FELIFELI

You are very clownish and hilarious. Are you still daydreaming with the idea that southwestern regional block vote is consequential in scheme of things in Nigeria?
If GEJ hedges his hope on southwest region’s vote, he will surely regret such political endeavor.

I guess you are disingenuously forgetful about political events in the jungle called Nigeria. Yoruba people do not and have never voted for any candidate who is not a Yoruba stock. By the way, 1999 Nigerian presidential election proved the block vote of Yoruba remains apparently inconsequential. However, when it comes to indulging in political turncoat, I shall ever queue with my pals from the southwest of Nigeria.

I remembered when AD was a contender as a political party. Can any person wonder what happened to AD after the son of soil was elevated to the position of Nigerian presidency? I guess you remembered which political candidate received your vote in 1999.
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by Solomon227(m): 6:04pm On Sep 11, 2010
@ Dede1
[quote
I am not ashamed of broadcasting the fact that thinking of how to make Nigeria great does not cross my mind. My prayers were centered on the well-being of anything that could lead the disintegration of Nigeria. Biafra or Republic of Igboland, I am for it. Also, I shall support any form of confederation which consists Ibibio, Annang and Ogoni.

If it is divine for GEJ to lead Nigeria through 2015, I must not fail to remind his supporters that it should be a work of divinity he will be swept out of office through a coup. I have no respect for any person in power that flouts common rules.

GEJ will get my vote if he runs under another party instead of PDP.

][quote][/quote]

I cannot but wish u good luck in your quest but some of us are perhaps not lucky like u and have our legs on either sides of the Niger. We have no choice but to pray and work for d common happiness of our people on both sides of d Niger.

For us anti-IBB die-hards GEJ for now is d only antidote to d ravaging poison called IBB
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by Dede1(m): 6:18pm On Sep 11, 2010
Solomon227:

@ Dede1
]

I cannot but wish u good luck in your quest but some of us are perhaps not lucky like u and have our legs on either sides of the Niger. We have no choice but to pray and work for d common happiness of our people on both sides of d Niger.

For us anti-IBB die-hards GEJ for now is d only antidote to d ravaging poison called IBB

I have my legs on either sides of Nigeria and Ghana. Yet I do not see it feat to call for Nigeria/Ghana confederation. If IBB’s election will bring an end to Nigeria the way we know it, I say it could not be sooner.

Again, if GEJ runs as presidential candidate of PDP against the backdrop of the party’s zoning formula as entrenched in the constitution, he is more poisonous than IBB.
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by Solomon227(m): 6:29pm On Sep 11, 2010
Again, if GEJ runs as presidential candidate of PDP against the backdrop of the party’s zoning formula as entrenched in the constitution, he is more poisonous than IBB.

When it comes to IBB I always have erections. How in diz world u compare IBB wit GEJ. IBB was one of the anti-angels banished by Jehovah into d world . This guy marks the upper limit for evil scale. U shuld be comparing IBB with Hitler, Mobutu, Idi-Amin and co which have special places in Lucifa's palace.
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 11, 2010
Some folks needs to kill the age-long bitterness that they still hold against certain people or else the bitterness will kill them off.

It been more than forty years for heaven sake, please get behind this betrayal theory and "we see this coming" arrogance and see the future from a non-emotional perspective.

Back to topic.

Dokpesi is just behaving to type and now that he is fastly getting broke, he will follow anyone with the promise of a better future which IBB must have assured him, but am afraid, really afraid that he will finally go down with this old hag.
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by Nobody: 7:37pm On Sep 11, 2010
Solomon227:

Bro gadogado

Take it eazy ooo. But if u look at it there are so many good things that can come out of GEJ presidency if handled well and if he is competent.
At least it is now an open secret that all Nigerian federation units currently collect their allawe from oil produce from d Niger Delta region and a leader from this region should calm d fray nerves of the resltless youths dat always prop up marginalization as their reason 4 blowing up oil installations.

Again if GEJ is competent he represents a generational change in leadership with relatively sordid past and killing records like IBB who will surely carry d day if GEJ did not contest.

Another good thing is that legally-speaking GEJ is not entitled to another term if elected again as stated by d constitution and he remains d only one legally bounded by d constitution from 2015 presidential election if he won d 2011 contest.

gadogado:

Have you ever heard anyone in Saudi Arabia (largest oil producer) claim that since the oil is from my part of the country, I should get more money? or we should be the royal family? Have you ever heard anybody from any oil producing country make such preposterous claims? And mind you, in Saudi, they have many tribes who speak in several different arabic dialects. You're just a buffoon, a complete ignorant fool. Its only in Nigeria and Sudan, epitomes of the third world that you hear idiotic africans saying things like "the oil is from my region" so what?? do you want to localize the oil and have full control over it and maybe give the rest of the country charity or better yet keep it to yourselves an not give anybody? you're an with no concept of what a nation state implies.

You dont make sense at all
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by Nobody: 7:45pm On Sep 11, 2010
you are taking examples from a true federal state and a monarch system to compare Nigeria a country with a unitary federal system.You need infrastructure to exist before you can manufacture,The northners have been in goverenment and could not provide electricity,railway systems,water etc.you have lost touch with realities on ground and just talking blindly.go to inewi and aba and see business powered by generators attracting people from west and central africa ,the you will understand that the government is bad and sectional-
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by Abagworo(m): 7:46pm On Sep 11, 2010
I will like to elaborate on the issue of oil.Nigeria is messed up that is why oil is still an issue.I once opened a thread on how lazy we Nigerians are but got responses full of criticism.I am a known supporter of Jonathan and I am a Niger-Deltan from Imo but my reason for supporting him is not crude oil.NEVER!.I wish all Niger-Deltans can look beyond oil.It is just cheer luck that crude oil is on our soil and not from hard work.Edwin Clarke is not actually a good man but is just misleading the youths but training and equipping his own children and grandchildren.
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by Dede1(m): 7:57pm On Sep 11, 2010
Let me make it abundantly clear that baring the sense of goodwill in human, the youths from certain areas of the so-called Niger Delta will end up in Atlantic Ocean probably begging benevolent spirit for shield against the brunt of Nigerian military might.
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by naijaking1: 8:42pm On Sep 11, 2010
ilugunboy:

Some folks needs to kill the age-long bitterness that they still hold against certain people or else the bitterness will kill them off.

It been more than forty years for heaven sake, please get behind this betrayal theory and "we see this coming" arrogance and see the future from a non-emotional perspective.

Back to topic.

Dokpesi is just behaving to type and now that he is fastly getting broke, he will follow anyone with the promise of a better future which IBB must have assured him, but am afraid, really afraid that he will finally go down with this old hag.

You either don't understand the perspectives involved in some of these issues, or you're simply a part of the problem. How can you speak of killing age-old bitterness when it's clear you don't even understand what the bitterness is all about.

Memories of civil wars fade very slowly, infact, Americans are not quite over theirs, 200 years after the fact.
In Nigeria, some people that lost their properties to the abandoned property saga still pass through those houses and its "happy Ijaw" occupants today. The people who had millions of pounds in the bank and got only 20 pounds after the war are still alive, and you're talking about being killed by bitterness angry angry angry
What's going to kill you is letting the same thing that hurt you in the past hurt again in the future, because you're playing Mr. Niceman to some Ijaw people and to ED Clark.
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by naijaking1: 8:52pm On Sep 11, 2010
@olus2u, seanet02, and chief ED Clark
You see that gadogado and his folks are your problems in this country, not dede1
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by Solomon227(m): 9:04pm On Sep 11, 2010
Our attention has been drawn to statements by the Director General of the General Ibrahim Babangida campaign organisation, Chief Raymond Dokpesi, to the effect that the Presidency is after his life.
He is also alleged to have said that there is a plot to kidnap his son, as a means of forcing him to abandon the Babangida campaign. Obviously, these are lies, and it beats us hollow what Dokpesi stands to gain by them beyond introducing chilling and quite sinister dimensions to the contest for the presidency in 2011.

Nigerians know those who are the "Masters" in the art of political violence and it is not President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. Nigeria had enough of such deadly power games under the jack boots of dictators past, and in embracing democracy and freedom, we have said a resounding NO to them once and for all.

Nigerians are also aware of the inclinations of the political family Dokpesi belongs to in the South South, and their past roles as purveyors of violence and political “militancy”.  Everyone knows that Jonathan has never been associated with such distasteful things.

We also note Dokpesi’s claim that the tax authorities are after him, and ask that he nurses no fears since we assume he has been paying his taxes as at when due. We are after all, a law abiding society, and no one should fear the taxman if their taxes are up to date. Making unsubstantiated claims would not stop the tax authorities from doing their jobs.

This is our position. And we stand resolutely by it.

Ima Niboro
Special Adviser, Media and Publicity, to the President.
11th September, 2010.

source http://www.saharareporters.com/press-release/kidnap-threat-against-dokpesi-tissue-lies-let-him-pay-his-taxes-%E2%80%93jonathan-fires-back

I have warned this ignoramus. This is just d beginning and this time around he doesnt even have our sympathies like he used to have when OBJ govt was harassing his station. He has sold his soul to d Demon and if u kill a big snake u should have a big pot to cook it.
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by Nobody: 9:16pm On Sep 11, 2010
You either don't understand the perspectives involved in some of these issues, or you're simply a part of the problem. How can you speak of killing age-old bitterness when it's clear you don't even understand what the bitterness is all about.

Memories of civil wars fade very slowly, infact, Americans are not quite over theirs, 200 years after the fact.
In Nigeria, some people that lost their properties to the abandoned property saga still pass through those houses and its "happy Ijaw" occupants today. The people who had millions of pounds in the bank and got only 20 pounds after the war are still alive,  and you're talking about being killed by bitterness  

The one with the problem is you and your people that believed the civil war has not ended until you recovered all that you lost as a result of the war.

If you believe that helping to stop Jonathan will help your quest to recover from the aftermath of the civil war, all I can wish you is Goodluck.
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by asha80(m): 9:27pm On Sep 11, 2010
ilugunboy:

The one with the problem is you and your people that believed the civil war has not ended until you recovered all that you lost as a result of the war.

If you believe that helping to stop Jonathan will help your quest to recover from the aftermath of the civil war, all I can wish you is Goodluck.

I hope you guys have moved on and forgortten about June 12 and ibb?If you guys have any issue with ibb let it be on perfomance as the then president and not june 12.
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by gadogado(m): 9:29pm On Sep 11, 2010
olas2u:

you are taking examples from a true federal state and a monarch system to compare Nigeria a country with a unitary federal system.You need infrastructure  to exist before you can manufacture,The northners have been in goverenment and could not provide electricity,railway systems,water etc.you have lost touch with realities on ground and just talking blindly.go to inewi and aba and see business powered by generators attracting people from west and central africa ,the you will understand that the government is bad and sectional-

How dont I make sense, you're the one missing the point, the system of government practiced is of little relevance. The economic arrangement is what is relevant. Nigeria happens to be a country that sustains itself with a natural resource, the natural resource, most of which is in the atlantic ocean in what is called the "territorial waters of the federal republic of Nigeria" not the "territorial waters of the confederacy of Niger Delta states"
If a foreign nation attacks these territorial waters, will the Niger Delta governors organize their own army to defend the shores or will they expect the Nigerian Armed forces to defend?? The Nigerian armed forces belong to all ethnicities and regions of the country. Go figure!
Just because the oil is close to your region doesn't mean you have a claim over it, there is no country in the world where oil is produced that have people clamoring for a greater percentage of the revenue simply because oil is extracted from an area close to them, It is laziness that breeds this type of mentality, oil ought to be a side show, something to augment deficits with not the mainstay of the economy itself. Oil producing countries practice many different systems of government but its only Nigeria that you hear this rubbish. You have no claim over the oil. Since the govt started with the oil derivation formula, has the region seen anything better?

If the oil pollutes the environment then the people of the region have every right to demand compensation. Much like how BP put aside $20 billion to compensate those whose livelihoods had be affected by the recent oil spill, did you hear the people of Louisiana demanding a greater percentage of oil revenues! NO, absolutely not. The arrangement is, the private company extracts and sells its proceeds (oil) but pays taxes to the federal government as well as state governments. These taxes are a large chunk of their profits. So private business gains, fed govt gains, state gains too. Private business employs as well. At the end of the day, if you're looking for permission to extract oil in any part of America, you go get it from a federal bureaucracy and federal bureaucracies also regulate the activities of these businesses. Go figure. Even in Saudi, the main agency that controls oil is a partnership between the govt and private business (saudi aramco) Like i said, its laziness and foolishness that has people saying that. As if the presence of oil implies productivity. The entire niger delta populace is just as unproductive as the north. nobody is living under anybody's sweat. To say a region is a "parasite" means that you are working and someone else is a free rider. Just because you have oil close to your area doesn't mean you're working or ever worked for it.

A typical example of a parasite would be if you worked and were taxed by the government and someone was paid a welfare check for not working from your tax money. But a natural resource deep in the ground or in the ocean that is extracted by Euro-American companies has nothing to do with niger delta people's productivity. insanity
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by Nobody: 9:40pm On Sep 11, 2010
Gradually, the closet haters of Jonathan are coming out with their hands out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Delta Assembly Lift Suspension Of Impeached Speaker, Monday Igbuya / APC, PDP, Others Lack Ideology — Dogara / Kwankwaso Pays Condolence Visit To Dickson Over The Death Of His Mother(pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.