Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,217 members, 7,913,455 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 07:27 AM

How Joagbaje Became God - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Joagbaje Became God (11506 Views)

Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked / Joagbaje Was Right About Ebola, Jesus Is The Cure, AnotherEbola Victim Testifies / *~ Joagbaje Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Re: How Joagbaje Became God by vooks: 3:59pm On Nov 13, 2014
INTERESTING.

So why was Herod smitten when people called him god?
Joagbaje:
I'm surprised a thread has to be opened for me on this. The issue of a Christian being a god is so simple. Being a god does not mean you have taken over Gods position. A god is a judge , administrator and enforcer on the earth. We enforce the will of almighty God on earth as his children.

Satan became the god of this world through Adams fall. He stole adamic power. Adam delivered his authority to Satan through satan subtility. Look at the audacity with which he spoke to christ.

Luke 4:6-7
6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.   7 If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine.

Who delivered it to him ? Adam. What kind of authority ? "Deity"

2 Corinthians 4:4
4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Christ has paid the price for mans restoration. And secondly a chritian has received Gods nature of "divinity" .
So a Christian being a god is simply an expression of God the father through him.  He is not trying to arrogate to himself what is not his. The word of God is God . If his word comes in you it makes you a god.

John 10:35
35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

We as Christian are born of the same word of God. "As he is , so are we" same nature. The Essence of Christian growth is to get to the place we can manifest his fulness which is our destiny. And grow up INTO HIM.

Ephesians 4:15
15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head,[ even] Christ:

Ephesians 4:13
13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

I don't need to get into too much details here we have dealt with this on the thread on "faith"

But my question is " why is it easier to accept that Satan became god and yet hard  to accept that God children whom he stole from are gods?

Exodus 7:1
1 And the Lord said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.

Re: How Joagbaje Became God by vooks: 4:42pm On Nov 13, 2014
The same verse is quoted in Hebrews 2 and whereas elohim may mean God, it is clear just as in the Septuagint that angels were meant

Hebrews 2:6-9 King James Version (KJV)
6 But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man, that thou art mindful of him? or the son of man that thou visitest him?

7 Thou madest him a little lower than the angels;
thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands:
8 Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him.
9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

Joagbaje:
@nuclearboy

You are wrongly applying the scripture here. The heb word for "angels" here is "Elohim" which makes reference to Godhead.

Psalms 8:5 ASV
5 For thou hast made him but little lower than God, And crownest him with glory and honor.

If you guys understand the witings of Paul and John , you may understands these truths. And that's when you can really understand pastor chris teachings.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by vooks: 6:52am On Nov 14, 2014
Quoted for posterity sake

mbaemeka:
Did you ever read of John? the one that wrote the book of Revelation, i mean? did you? Bible students say after Emperor Domitian attempted burning him in a pot of oil to no avail, he banished him to the island of Patmos where John eventually wrote the Book of Revelations. They concluded, (the emperor and his cohorts) that John wasnt human. thats why you see in many translations he was called St. John "the divine".

Do you also remember what Jesus said to Peter when he tried to counter what the master said about John in the book of John? Read Jn 21:22 &23.
He said "if i will that he remain till i come what is that to you peter?" What is that to you alatheia? what is it to you nuclearboy? what is to you?
If God said so and so to mba_emeka,donnie, joagbaje and a plethora of others, what is that to you?

Go and read Pauls letter to the philipians particularly the second chapter and sixth verse. Bible says (paraphrasing)that Jesus didnt consider it robbery to be equal with God! Go and study it if you havent. he does not consider it robbery! go back a little to the preceeding verse can you see it? "let this MIND be in YOU that was also in CHRIST" God wants us to have the mindset of Jesus- if he said "I'M THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD" then i can say "MBA_EMEKA" is the light of the world!

You say heresy! WOFers! Rubbish! i say to you ignorance! read the book of hebrews 13:5 God said "i will not live you nor forsake you" so that WE MIGHT BOLDLY SAY "the lord is my helper i shall not fear what MAN shall do unto me" didnt you see it. God has said it so that we may BOLDLY say it too i.e say the same things with God in agreement with him. (sighs)
if God says "youre my righteousness" then i can boldly say "i am the righteousness of God" simple. If he says "you are a joint-heir(not co-heir) with christ" then i can boldly say same. If God says "you are born of me" "you hail from me" i can say BOLDLY " i hail from God" "i'm a god in this world" if he says" i am the father of glory" then i can boldly say "i am the glory of God" shekinah.

But dont worry joagbaje, the message isnt for everyone the bible says "they are life(the words of God) to those that FIND THEM" meaning not all will find them. but i'm gratful i did. I'M THE GLORY OF GOD, HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS, HIS SON-MEANING I'M ALSO A GOD, AN HEIR + AM RICH AND LOADED! THANK YOU!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Download Free Gospel Music: Bob Dylan - Knockin' On Heaven's Door / The Credentials That Got David The Kingship Of Israel / Karma, Does It Exist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.