Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,216 members, 7,913,451 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 07:22 AM

How Joagbaje Became God - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Joagbaje Became God (11503 Views)

Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked / Joagbaje Was Right About Ebola, Jesus Is The Cure, AnotherEbola Victim Testifies / *~ Joagbaje Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Joagbaje Became God by nuclearboy(m): 5:48pm On Sep 19, 2010
^^Next time you look into a mirror, ask yourself if that is a man! Can that "IMAGE" bleed, die, punch you? That is how an image of God is not God no matter how you try to turn it.

Plus you avoided this - who was Ps 82 calling "gods"? Were they Christians? If they were not, tell us who they were and what is special about you if they too were "gods".

No long stories. No searching for props. Just address the above. But I know you'll not
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by InesQor(m): 8:22pm On Sep 19, 2010
I found out that when I post on Nairaland I hardly quote the Bible to support my beliefs anymore. I guess its a growing "bad habit" that I need to deal with but Im glad for other Christians who do this. It helps show the extent of painful twisting that people like Joagbaje are subjecting the scriptures to.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by nuclearboy(m): 8:32pm On Sep 19, 2010
^^ Mine is partly deliberate seeing as Christ tried to use everyday situations (showing wisdom and understanding) while the pharisees were the "word" (legal rigid letter) people. When I 1st joined NL, yes but now, its almost embarrassing.

When one finds such as Aletheia, scripture comes alive but its so easily twisted by these WOF people that I almost fear using it on the same pages. - for them, it somewhere says so and so and thats it - I am God, heavenly, eternally and always was etc.

Maybe if we used our brains and what nature makes obvious more , , , Sad. cry
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by Joagbaje(m): 12:31am On Sep 20, 2010
nuclearboy:

^^Next time you look into a mirror, ask yourself if that is a man! Can that "IMAGE" bleed, die, punch you? That is how an image of God is not God no matter how you try to turn it.

So why did Jesus bleed and died?

Plus you avoided this - who was Ps 82 calling "gods"? Were they Christians? If they were not, tell us who they were and what is special about you if they too were "gods".
No long stories. No searching for props. Just address the above. But I know you'll not

I didn't quote it. Jesus did. Ask him, why he equated himself with ps 82.

The topic is multifarious .There are issues of revelation knowledge, how come Elijah didn't die? How come Enoch didn't die. Your knowledge in the mystery of God determine the level you function in. This is another dimension, we may take it to another thread on dissimilarity between OT saints and NT saints
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by nuclearboy(m): 12:45am On Sep 20, 2010
In the beginning was the Word and the Word [size=18pt]WAS[/size] God.

The Bible says Jesus was God, not an Image of God.

Jesus Himself said, "Before Abraham, I AM" and "Abraham rejoiced to see my day".

Were you there in the beginning? What was your identity then? Did Abraham know and call you Lord?

You want me to ask Jesus why He equated Himself with Psalm 82? Is that because you don't know and thats the only way you can avoid a sure fall? grin

The "gods" in Psalm 82 - were they born-again Christians? Were they new creatures? Were they divinity because of the new birth? So why were they called "gods" and what difference is there between your godship and theirs?
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by Joagbaje(m): 2:02am On Sep 20, 2010
nuclearboy:

In the beginning was the Word and the Word [size=18pt]WAS[/size] God.

The Bible says Jesus was God, not an Image of God.

Hebrews 1:3
3 Who being the brightness of[ his] glory, and the express image of his person,

I'm not in rivalry with christ, I'm in him just like man kind was in Adam .

I am created in christ, like fussion of amoeba ,we share the same life and glory.

Ephesians 2:10
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

All men sinned in adam . Christ is the second adam .im in him .I share his glory.

1 Corinthians 15:47-49
47 The first man[ was] from out of earth, made of dust( earthly- minded); the second Man[ is] the Lord from out of heaven. a 48 Now those who are made of the dust are like him who was first made of the dust( earthly- minded); and as is[ the Man] from heaven, so also[ are those] who are of heaven( heavenly- minded). 49 And just as we have borne the image[ of the man] of dust, so shall we and so a let us also bear the image[ of the Man] of heaven.

The "gods" in Psalm 82 - were they born-again Christians? Were they new creatures? Were they divinity because of the new birth? So why were they called "gods" and what difference is there between your godship and theirs?

Man generally was created to be immortal and a god on the earth in relative to Satan's rebellion in the pre adamite age. He was the  ruler on earth and head among angels too. Man was not in the image of God as at then. We don't know how many millions of years,  from homo erectus to homo sapiens.

After the rebellion of Satan , he was cast down, and God decided to make man in his image, higher than Satan and all angels. He made man next to God. To the envy of Satan , Satan couldn't bare  this and he caused man to fall , thereby stole the authority that belongs to man and man became a victim.

As God begins to grant man revelations in the knowledge of him, he begins to live a life that transcends the natural fallen  human life .

So in psalm 82:God was saying , because you're rebelling against my word, you chose ignorance instead of knowledge and you walk in darkness ,you will die like a fallen man even though you are supposed to be gods .

Psalms 82:5-6
5 They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course. 6[b] I have said, Ye[ are] gods;[/b] and all of you[ are] children of the most High.7 But ye shall die like men----

They were called to be gods because they were Gods children. But they fell like men because they couldn't live up to it. They didn't walk in the light of it.  If a man accepts his divinity, he is on the part way to grow into him and be filled with all his fulness. that's what the love of christ has done for us. All we need do is to know it and accept it.

Ephesians 3:19
19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by InesQor(m): 7:58am On Sep 20, 2010
@Joagbaje: You see, I understand your confusion cos I was similarly brainwashed. For years I preached & taught these WOF heresies too, in & out of church, until I took time to compare "revelation knowledge" with the infallible Word of God! Then scriptural truth dawned on me. I digress.

1. We are not God's image by the same token that Christ is the express image of God. You slur his identity.

2. True, we are in Christ, positioned in God. BUT he remains the potter. We are clay. He is Divine, you are human.

3. There is NO difference between OT and NT saints. The sacrifice of Christ paid backwards in time as it paid forward in time. He died for Enoch and your great grandson's grandson! Moses was saved & reconciled to God with the SAME blood that saved you. Abraham was as born again as Apostle John the beloved. The fact that Christ hadnt been physically sacrificed does not confuse matters because he had been slain from the foundations of the world! The physical aspect had to happen sometime or the other, but for EVERY ONE, whether before or after, they all accepted the sacrifice by faith and were saved. Jesus is God's salvation to us.

4. I wont even stir that preAdamic stuff with a long stick, I will only prod it. Suffice it to say IF such a world existed, it doesnt interact with or influence ours. Think of two parallel lines, they cant and wont ever meet. Whatever happened there if it existed has no bearing on us today. Its not impossible that there was life in another dimension before ours, knowing God, BUT Adam WAS the first man in our own existential frames of reference. If it was important to consider other worlds, God wont leave you stabbing around in the dark and clutching straws. And then claiming deity!
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by nuella2(f): 10:15am On Sep 20, 2010
Hello men and brethren, I see alot going on around  here about christians been deity/divine/god/. Its really inspiring and through the diff views of posters. Nuella what is ur view? I ask myself, ok let me begin. Christians can easily accept they are kings, soldiers because the bible said so. A soldier to endure hardness and be tough and i ask do christian wear military uniforms and live in tha barrack to prove they are christains and everybody scream NO, GOOD. Again a King in the eyes of men have a palace, throne,title etc. So i ask are you a king in God, and everybody shout, yes, am royalty the bible said so.1 Peter 2:9
    But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

So you are king without a palace and throne abi? You became a son of God when you became born again but do you have a birth certificate?,,,,everybody shout, its by faith and spiritual not natural , ok,

So if i say am a god/divine/supernatural, why do pple questions like, so why do eat food? and who and who worships you. And i ask as a king where is your palace and throne? And they ans it simply means God has given us dominion and rulership on earth, ok, i agree. So why cant pple agree that am divine cos i have the live and nature of God. Am i citizen of heaven, i was not born not of the will of men but of God.
2 Peter 1:3-4
    According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: [4] Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

I must not be worshiped before i become god/ deity. I carry a supernational person inside me. Am the temple of almighty God. I stop natural laws, by supernatural means. What more can i say, am not just a man, ordinary mere man, God forbid. What an hopeless place. I have an indestructable, uncharmable, unperishable life of christ in me, and that life is from ABOVE AND THE LIFE IS ABOVE all circumstances and challenges i face in live.

1 John 5:11
    And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

1 Cor. 3:16
    Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

So the temple of God is ordinary ABI? The life i received from christ is not divine but natuaral, KO? I dont know about you but am divine big time, kai, make me wanna shout halleluyah! If natural men drink poison unknowly what will happen but with the divine if you drink unknowly

Mark 16:18
    They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

If a serpent come accidentally we shall shake it off like Paul
Acts 28:5
    And he shook off the beast into the fire, and felt no harm. . Why didnt he feel no harm, the divine life.

Am a king cos a have rulership, a soldier cos am to endure hardness am a god cos i command life circumstances to bow to me. And am the kid the God, made in his likeness and image,weda na half trait of God you think i have,i have it anyhow. Till Jesus comes i will call myself all the names God has called me, Gbam.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by Joagbaje(m): 10:49am On Sep 20, 2010
InesQor:

@Joagbaje: You see, I understand your confusion cos I was similarly brainwashed. For years I preached & taught these WOF heresies too, in & out of church, until I took time to compare "revelation knowledge" with the infallible Word of God! Then scriptural truth dawned on me. I digress.

You are the one exhibiting ignorance. If you don't believe in Word of faith , you have a long way to go. The word of God is the word of faith.

Romans 10:8
8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee,[ even] in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

1 Timothy 4:6
6 If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained.

1. We are not God's image by the same token that Christ is the express image of God. You slur his identity.

If it's too big for you to take , just leave it. God can't lie. Jesus died for this purpose. Our oneness with God.

2. True, we are in Christ, positioned in God. BUT he remains the potter. We are clay. He is Divine, you are human.

I have human body, which I'd being saved into a glorious one. But I am not a body.

3. There is NO difference between OT and NT saints. The sacrifice of Christ paid backwards in time as it paid forward in time. He died for Enoch and your great grandson's grandson! Moses was saved & reconciled to God with the SAME blood that saved you. Abraham was as born again as Apostle John the beloved. The fact that Christ hadnt been physically sacrificed does not confuse matters because he had been slain from the foundations of the world! The physical aspect had to happen sometime or the other, but for EVERY ONE, whether before or after, they all accepted the sacrifice by faith and were saved. Jesus is God's salvation to us.

The OT saints got glorified at the resurrection of christ. (Thanks to enigma and --altheia).But before that time , they were not new creations , their spirit was still dead after the image of Adam . That is why they couldn't contain the spirit of God. The hollyghost could only influence them from outside but could not dwell in them like us. We are the one that have the facility to contain God and the holy spirit. Because our spirit is created in his image.

Jesus being slain from the foundation of the world was a prophetic declaration in the foreknowledge of God.Me too I have been chosen from the foundation if the world.

Ephesians 1:4
4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

4. I wont even stir that preAdamic stuff with a long stick, I will only prod it. Suffice it to say IF such a world existed, it doesnt interact with or influence ours. Think of two parallel lines, they cant and wont ever meet. Whatever happened there if it existed has no bearing on us today. Its not impossible that there was life in another dimension before ours, knowing God,

Where are demons from? Don't they influence our world today?

BUT Adam WAS the first man in our own existential frames of reference. If it was important to consider other worlds, God wont leave you stabbing around in the dark and clutching straws. And then claiming deity!

I'm not claiming deity , Deity gave birth to deities. The word of God is God. Anything that his word produce has God nature.

1 Peter 1:23
23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

James 1:18
18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

John 1:12-13
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God,[ even] to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. :

You and altheia should study on the verse 12 again. I'm born not of blood not of flesh.

1 Corinthians 15:48
48 The First Man was made out of earth, and people since then are earthy; the Second Man was made out of heaven, and people now can be heavenly

1 John 4:17
17  ----as he is, so are we in this world.

In this world , and not in heaven.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by Nobody: 3:30pm On Sep 20, 2010
Where are the Athanasius,Augustine and Aquinas of this world ,the heretics are back.

I have come to realise that the WOF is just as dangerous as the arian and gnostic heretics of the 2nd and 4th centuries.Imagining a mere man bringing himself to same level of our Lord Jesus Christ.

In John 1, the bible says that ", and the word became flesh and dwelt amongst us" not ", and Jesus became flesh, " so from this point we could say all that existed from the biginning was the Word

What is the difference between the word and Jesus.So if tomorrow I change my ID to something else say chukwudi45,are you going to say that chukwudi44 and chukwudi45 were seperate entities.

This is the most dangerous heresy since the end of arianism
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by KunleOshob(m): 3:34pm On Sep 20, 2010
@chukwudi
What's heretic about arianism? Trinity sounds more like a heresy to me as it goes against clear biblical facts and common sense.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by DeepSight(m): 3:35pm On Sep 20, 2010
chukwudi44:

Imagining a mere man bringing himself to same level of our Lord Jesus Christ.

And what was your lord Jesus Christ, if not a mere jewish man, proven subject, as all men are, to death?
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by donnie(m): 3:41pm On Sep 20, 2010
Hi Joeagbaje,

May God almighty reward you for the great work you are doing. I tell you, many, including those who appear to be on the opposing side are learning. Wow! I am refreshed.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: How Joagbaje Became God by aletheia(m): 3:59pm On Sep 20, 2010
@nuella and also @Joagbaje:
nuella2:

Peter 2:9
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
^That referring to Christians as kings, priests, soldiers and sons of God is non-controversial is because there are clear, explicit scriptures that do so. But notice the mental gymnastics and the interpreting out of context of other scriptures in order to arrive at the position that Christians are gods

nuella2:

So if i say am a god/divine/supernatural, why do pple questions like, so why do eat food? and who and who worships you. And i ask as a king where is your palace and throne? And they ans it simply means God has given us dominion and rulership on earth, ok, i agree. So why cant pple agree that am divine cos i have the live and nature of God. Am i citizen of heaven, i was not born not of the will of men but of God.
2 Peter 1:3-4
    According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: [4] Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
^^This verse seems to be one of your strongest proof text of your claims to be gods. But examining this in the light of other scriptures makes quite clear that this is by no means a declaration that men are gods. The divine nature of God that we are partakers of by His exceeding great and precious promises is His Holiness through faith in Christ. Without holiness no man can see God but the Holy God through Christ reconciled men to Himself by making them partakers of his holiness thereby escaping the corruption of sinful flesh.
#1. Heb 12:10. For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.
#2. Eph 4:24. And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
#3. Heb 3:1. Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;
#4. Heb 3:14. For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
#5. Heb 6:4. For it is  impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
#6. Heb 2:11. For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren
#7. Heb 10:10. By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

nuella2:

I must not be worshiped before i become god/ deity. I carry a supernational person inside me. Am the temple of almighty God. I stop natural laws, by supernatural means. What more can i say, am not just a man, ordinary mere man, God forbid. What an hopeless place. I have an indestructable, uncharmable, unperishable life of christ in me, and that life is from ABOVE AND THE LIFE IS ABOVE all circumstances and challenges i face in live.
^^Whether worshipped or not, in declaring yourself to be gods you show a disregard for the scriptures and the examples set forth in it. The LORD alone is God. To declare otherwise is to seek to rob Him of His Glory---a most grievous thing to do.
Isa 42:8.  I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.
Isa 48:11-12. For mine own sake, even for mine own sake, will I do it: for how should my name be polluted? and I will not give my glory unto another. Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last.
1 Cor 8:5-6. For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
Please note the scripture above from 1 Corinthians: it concludes that whether there are gods so-called by whoever, whether in heaven or in earth, to us (that is Christians) there is but one God. This verse is so clear and explicit in its teaching that to reject what it says is to emphatically declare that you are not a Christian---not a follower of Christ. Moreover it demolishes the god with a small "g" argument for it refers to all other false gods with small "g".

nuella2:

So the temple of God is ordinary ABI? The life i received from christ is not divine but natuaral, KO? I dont know about you but am divine big time, kai, make me wanna shout halleluyah! If natural men drink poison unknowly what will happen but with the divine if you drink unknowly
^^An emotional argument. Please do not confuse the house with the occupant. That one resides in a house does not mean that the house becomes the person. No rather the house takes on characteristics of the person such that you can begin to say Mr X lives here. So it is with us---we are temples of the living God, as such we become partakers of his holiness but it does not make us god.
Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.

Now consider the example of the Apostles of Christ and the holy Angels: never once did they declare that they were gods (I challenge you to show from their epistles any where they said Christians are gods) but rather they became extremely distressed when men suggested that they were and emphatically rejected it stating that they were men:
Acts 10:25-26. And as Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him, and fell down at his feet, and worshipped him. But Peter took him up, saying, Stand up; I myself also am a man.
Acts 14:11,14-15.  And when the people saw what Paul had done, they lifted up their voices, saying in the speech of Lycaonia, The gods are come down to us in the likeness of men. . .Which when the apostles, Barnabas and Paul, heard of, they rent their clothes, and ran in among the people, crying out, And saying, Sirs, why do ye these things? We also are men of like passions with you, and preach unto you that ye should turn from these vanities unto the living God, which made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all things that are therein:
Rev 19:10. And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it  not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
Rev 22:8-9. And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things. Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.

^^Look at that! An apostle: John himself, who leaned on the bosom of our Lord, was so overcome by the grandeur and majesty of the angel that he almost considered the angel a god. And yet this doesn't tell you anything? You are not afraid to propagate an error that the apostles denied by word and example and that even angels shy away from.

Well they did say: Fools rush in where angels fear to tread.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by donnie(m): 4:01pm On Sep 20, 2010
nuclearboy:

It depends on what mirror you are using. I will rather use the one I got from God almighty Himself- The WORD

James 1:22-24
   But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. [23] For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: [24] For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.

2 Cor. 3:18
   But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

What you see when you look in the mirror is who you really are.
Note: I do not see a bleeding, dying, poor or whatever me, . . . I see the glory of the Lord -2Cor 3:8.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by aletheia(m): 4:37pm On Sep 20, 2010
Joagbaje:

Man generally was created to be immortal and a god on the earth in relative to [size=14pt]Satan's rebellion in the pre adamite age.[/size] He was the  ruler on earth and head among angels too. [size=14pt]Man was not in the image of God as at then[/size]. We don't know how many millions of years,  [size=14pt]from homo erectus to homo sapiens.[/size]
^No wonder you are so confused; mixing secular humanism and pseudo-science with God's Word.
What pre-Adamite age? I can see you 've reading your Dake's Commentary. Where is that in the Bible? Produce the verses for us to see. Very soon you will introduce your Branhamite Serpent-seed rubbish.
Man was not in the image of God? Assuredly you lie.
"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them."

Joagbaje:

After the rebellion of Satan , he was cast down, and God decided to make man in his image, higher than Satan and all angels. He made man next to God. To the envy of Satan , Satan couldn't bare  this and he caused man to fall , thereby stole the authority that belongs to man and man became a victim.
All these is your own story. You take truth and then mix it with falsehood. The lies will be pointed out forthwith.

Joagbaje:

After the rebellion of Satan , he was cast down
True
Joagbaje:

God decided to make man in his image
True. But you linked the two sentences with the conjunction "and" thereby turning two true statements into one false one.
Joagbaje:

After the rebellion of Satan , he was cast down, and God decided to make man in his image
^It is false because by that subtle little word you suggest that Satan's fall was what made God decide to create man. There is no where in the Bible that remotely suggests this. In fact when you consider the words of Genesis 1:31; "And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day."
At the end of the sixth day, God surveyed everything that he had created and declares that it was very good. If Satan had effected his rebellion before the sixth day---when man was created then sin would already have been present in creation and God would not have declared that everything was good.. This single verse not only demolishes your pre-Adamite illusions since a fallen pre-Adamite Satan would be a blot on creation from the very beginning but also clearly demonstrates that Adam was created before Satan's rebellion.

Joagbaje:

God decided to make man in his image, higher than Satan and all angels. He made man next to God. To the envy of Satan , Satan couldn't bare this and he caused man to fall , thereby stole the authority that belongs to man and man became a victim.
^More lies. This is similar to what Muslims believe. Psalm 8:4-5 reveals you to be a liar.
What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? For thou hast [size=14pt]made him a little lower than the angels[/size], and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by InesQor(m): 4:44pm On Sep 20, 2010
@nuella: Kudos. Trust me, I've been there. Keep hyping away! Just take some quiet time with your Bible and confirm what you have been taught. Confirm for yourself! Being a partaker of the divine nature does not make you divine or God. Dont you get it?

@Joagbaje: Im ignorant, well and good. But it appears you are ignorant here cos when we mention Word of Faith, you never understand the context. Oh yes the Word of God is the word of Faith. WOF refers to the neo-gnostic heresy-soaked movement that have hackneyed the phrase! Of which Oyakhilome's Christ Embassy is one, sorry you're one of them. Just saying the truth.

So Joagbaje is the express image of God's person? May God forgive you of this.

Who said you are a body? Thats a non-sequitur. A man is 3 at once: spirit, soul, body! Even Christ did not say "Im spirit only" so what are you on about?

Please provide scriptural evidence that it was because OT saints had dead spirits that they couldnt receive an indwelling of the Holy Spirit. What? The Bible clearly states that "the Holy Spirit was not YET given!" and that is the ONLY reason! There is a season for everything in God! If its not yet time, you chill and dont fabricate reasons like blaming "dead spirits".

Demons are renegade angels, running the pack with Satan. There is NO scriptural evidence for "Lucifer's flood". Its just conjecture and eisegesis. So your point does not apply. Demons came to be AFTER our world came to be. When God created everything, he saw that it was good. Satan as the serpent tried to usurp God's power, man was the pawn he used. Genesis 3 said he was the most crafty. No mention of sin yet! God told man what to do in Eden, but he, in pride, told man otherwise in order to "ascend against the Most High". There was no sin till then. THEN God cursed him. Lucifer fell when man fell. The angels who were on his side fell with him, as demons. All this talk of preAdamic nature is spurious wishful thinking. So i dont see your point about demons and preAdamic nature.

John 1:12 Yes I received power to become a son of God. NOT Christ! NOT God! Not an eternal deity? Whoever started this I am a god-person deserves to be really punished! What blasphemy!!

Like someone said yesterday, (I still have some stubborn WOFers around me), E.W.Kenyon said that since Jesus as God never had a sickness, a true Christian, being likewise a god, can never get sick. If he does, his level of revelation knowledge about his state of deity was inadequate. That stuff right there, in itself, is sick. If Christians never get sick, why do many WOF preachers and their family members die of the most horrible diseases? Or you want examples?

What you guys dont get is that life in Christ is a walk of faith in him. If you believe you are on his Level, then you have marred you own faith walk! All of this boastfulness steeped in hot lies, they will get you nowhere, and they will do that VERY FAST. Which of the apostles did you see brandishing an equality to God? What a pity!

Edited to add: Aletheia, great post. I like the analogy of the house and the occupant. Makes the point much clearer!
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 20, 2010
Romans 10:8
8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee,[ even] in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

1 Timothy 4:6
6 If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained.

What makes you think that the word of faith mentioned in these christian scriptures is the same thing as the heretical word of Faith movement founded by Kenyon and Hagin

I have human body, which I'd being saved into a glorious one. But I am not a body.

Why don't wait until the last day to see if you are saved before making your outrageeous claims.Even the glorious Apostle Paul with al his gifts and exploits was not arrogant as you but humble .He did not say he was already saved but rather humbly said that he was hoping to be saved

Philippians 3:12-14 (New International Version)

Pressing on Toward the Goal
12Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by Image123(m): 5:41pm On Sep 20, 2010
donnie:

Hi Joeagbaje,

May God almighty reward you for the great work you are doing. I tell you, many, including those who appear to be on the opposing side are learning. Wow! I am refreshed.

God bless.
Yeah right, and MILLIONS are getting healed, halaluia
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by InesQor(m): 5:59pm On Sep 20, 2010
I am just reading aletheia's second post. Interesting that we had similar points about the absence of sin at the origin, and about the pre-adamic mumbojumbo, though our views may yet differ a bit.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by mbaemeka(m): 6:39pm On Sep 20, 2010
i am a god in this world!!!!! if you dont like it say your own- just say ''nuclearboy is not a god'' ''alatheia is not a god'' dont tell me what to say. I AM A GOD IN THIS WORLD! NOT IN HEAVEN, BUT IN THIS WORLD! GLORRRRRY!!

1 Like

Re: How Joagbaje Became God by InesQor(m): 6:44pm On Sep 20, 2010
@mba emeka: No problem at all. Lol. Even the sore-infested mongrel is a god in his own world! See how it barks! I mean, sorry, how it whimpers. . .
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by aletheia(m): 6:47pm On Sep 20, 2010
mba emeka:

i am a god in this world!!!!! if you dont like it say your own- just say ''nuclearboy is not a god'' ''alatheia is not a god'' dont tell me what to say. I AM A GOD IN THIS WORLD! NOT IN HEAVEN, BUT IN THIS WORLD! GLORRRRRY!!
^^Fool! You can declaim it from now till the day you die. The truth of scripture will not be altered one wit.
2 Thes 2:11.  And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

Interesting that these verses occur in the context of another like you who claims to be a god in this world.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by donnie(m): 9:36pm On Sep 20, 2010
We are not claiming anything my friend, its who we are. It's amazing how some folks manage to use scriptures to abuse another. I mean, why is this thing paining you so much? Must you rub your unbelief on everyone.
The bible talks about rightly dividing the Word of truth. Comparing scripture with scripture (as no scripture is of any private interpretation). This is exactly what Joeagbaje is dong.

Preach it bro!

1 Like

Re: How Joagbaje Became God by nuclearboy(m): 9:52pm On Sep 20, 2010
^^^ Agbaje is twisting the Word into a pretzel!

mba emeka:

grin

Ok, I see your point. This world ehn?  cheesy So tell me, was it in heaven that satan was a god? Was it in heaven that baal was a god? Was it in heaven that Nimrod worshiped the sun and called it his father "god"? Was it in heaven that ps 82 called non-christians "gods"

How many prayers did baal answer? or satan? or the sun? or you? whats the difference between you and those from ps 82? Your "claims" -just like your confession of Christ abi, which says you are exactly like and NOT different from the demons who also believe and tremble and "confess" like you then sit on their bottoms.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by Enigma(m): 3:58am On Sep 21, 2010
aletheia:
. . .

Now consider the example of the Apostles of Christ and the holy Angels: never once did they declare that they were gods (I challenge you to show from their epistles any where they said Christians are gods) but rather they became extremely distressed when men suggested that they were and emphatically rejected it stating that they were men:

Acts 10:25-26. And as Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him, and fell down at his feet, and worshipped him. But Peter took him up, saying, Stand up; I myself also am a man.

Acts 14:11,14-15.  And when the people saw what Paul had done, they lifted up their voices, saying in the speech of Lycaonia, The gods are come down to us in the likeness of men. . .Which when the apostles, Barnabas and Paul, heard of, they rent their clothes, and ran in among the people, crying out, And saying, Sirs, why do ye these things? We also are men of like passions with you, and preach unto you that ye should turn from these vanities unto the living God, which made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all things that are therein:

Rev 19:10. And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it  not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Rev 22:8-9. And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things. Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.

^^Look at that! An apostle: John himself, who leaned on the bosom of our Lord, was so overcome by the grandeur and majesty of the angel that he almost considered the angel a god. And yet this doesn't tell you anything? You are not afraid to propagate an error that the apostles denied by word and example and that even angels shy away from.

Well they did say: Fools rush in where angels fear to tread.

I really like this bit that I've extracted very much and had been thinking of some of the examples myself contrasting them with the delusions of these WoFers.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by Enigma(m): 4:14am On Sep 21, 2010
I also think it is worth repeating the reference to 1 Cor 8; indeed I first quoted that passage on page 1 of this thread https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-512364.0.html#msg6746801

1 Cor 8:4-6

. . . we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is no other God but one.  For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords), yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live. 

The interesting thing with this passage is that if we agree with Joagbaje and co who say that the original writings did not use capitals and thus did not distinguish between "god" and "God" then their claim or that of anyone or anything else to be "god" is completely blown out of the water unless you do not accept the passage.

Let us use just the small "g" to see the import. The passage says there is only one god; any other thing or person called "god" is only so-called, ergo is false, ergo is a false god.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by mbaemeka(m): 7:57am On Sep 21, 2010
Did you ever read of John? the one that wrote the book of Revelation, i mean? did you? Bible students say after Emperor Domitian attempted burning him in a pot of oil to no avail, he banished him to the island of Patmos where John eventually wrote the Book of Revelations. They concluded, (the emperor and his cohorts) that John wasnt human. thats why you see in many translations he was called St. John "the divine".

Do you also remember what Jesus said to Peter when he tried to counter what the master said about John in the book of John? Read Jn 21:22 &23.
He said "if i will that he remain till i come what is that to you peter?" What is that to you alatheia? what is it to you nuclearboy? what is to you?
If God said so and so to mba_emeka,donnie, joagbaje and a plethora of others, what is that to you?

Go and read Pauls letter to the philipians particularly the second chapter and sixth verse. Bible says (paraphrasing)that Jesus didnt consider it robbery to be equal with God! Go and study it if you havent. he does not consider it robbery! go back a little to the preceeding verse can you see it? "let this MIND be in YOU that was also in CHRIST" God wants us to have the mindset of Jesus- if he said "I'M THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD" then i can say "MBA_EMEKA" is the light of the world!

You say heresy! WOFers! Rubbish! i say to you ignorance! read the book of hebrews 13:5 God said "i will not live you nor forsake you" so that WE MIGHT BOLDLY SAY "the lord is my helper i shall not fear what MAN shall do unto me" didnt you see it. God has said it so that we may BOLDLY say it too i.e say the same things with God in agreement with him. (sighs)
if God says "youre my righteousness" then i can boldly say "i am the righteousness of God" simple. If he says "you are a joint-heir(not co-heir) with christ" then i can boldly say same. If God says "you are born of me" "you hail from me" i can say BOLDLY " i hail from God" "i'm a god in this world" if he says" i am the father of glory" then i can boldly say "i am the glory of God" shekinah.

But dont worry joagbaje, the message isnt for everyone the bible says "they are life(the words of God) to those that FIND THEM" meaning not all will find them. but i'm gratful i did. I'M THE GLORY OF GOD, HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS, HIS SON-MEANING I'M ALSO A GOD, AN HEIR + AM RICH AND LOADED! THANK YOU!
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by InesQor(m): 8:25am On Sep 21, 2010
@mba_emeka: Yes, if you replied any less I would have been shocked, sincerely. I know all these drills you have been brainwashed to spew in your denial. I have been there, remember? Its called deception cos you will believe it steadfastly until truth slaps you back into reality. If you care for the truth, go back to God's word and check carefully, separating what you have been taught from what the scriptures say. If it balances out or not, I wish you the best.

@nuclearboy: This whole man is god thing is hinged on a lie that grew deep. The funny thing is that there is a spurious theory with no Biblical backing, that man was god on earth till the devil took it and became god of the world. Its wishful thinking at best! The Bible calls the devil the god of this world BECAUSE whatever false god that people have in this world, is a perversion, and eventually leads right back to the devil. Whatever the false god is named, the worshippers are dealing with the false god called Satan. So when these guys line up as false gods, they simply state that they are of their father, the devil, and lies are their native language, as the devil is the father of lies (John 8:44) FROM THE BEGINNING. What was this beginning lie? Setting yourself up as (a) god is a lie, the same lie of Lucifer that he sold to Eve, from the start. What a reunion, after thousands of years!
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by PastorAIO: 9:11am On Sep 21, 2010
What I wonder now is, if a God is a being that is worshipped, and Joagbaje is claiming to be a God, then does Joagbaje require us to worship him.

Because I see all this brouhaha to rest on what we understand as a God and how we are expected to interact with a God. By calling himself a God does joagbaje claim to abrogate God in all his functions.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by nuclearboy(m): 12:18pm On Sep 21, 2010
InesQor:

@nuclearboy: This whole man is god thing is hinged on a lie that grew deep. The funny thing is that there is a spurious theory with no Biblical backing, that man was god on earth till the devil took it and became god of the world. Its wishful thinking at best! The Bible calls the devil the god of this world BECAUSE whatever false god that people have in this world, is a perversion, and eventually leads right back to the devil. Whatever the false god is named, the worshippers are dealing with the false god called Satan. So when these guys line up as false gods, they simply state that they are of their father, the devil, and lies are their native language, as the devil is the father of lies (John 8:44) FROM THE BEGINNING. What was this beginning lie? Setting yourself up as (a) god is a lie, the same lie of Lucifer that he sold to Eve, from the start. What a reunion, after thousands of years!

The anti-christ starting to be revealed! Insidiously and in a round-about manner, they start to deny Christ His position and glory. Making themselves out as gods, they bring God down to their level.

Truly a re-union and which is why - EVERYTHING he does, Joagbaje starts with the truth (calling upon scriptures) and turns it to a lie - just like his father chris and grandfather satan say - "you will be as god"!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Download Free Gospel Music: Bob Dylan - Knockin' On Heaven's Door / The Credentials That Got David The Kingship Of Israel / Karma, Does It Exist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 180
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.