Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,211 members, 7,947,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 12:18 PM

How Joagbaje Became God - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Joagbaje Became God (11554 Views)

Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked / Joagbaje Was Right About Ebola, Jesus Is The Cure, AnotherEbola Victim Testifies / *~ Joagbaje Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Joagbaje Became God by nuclearboy(m): 10:42am On Sep 16, 2010
@newmi:

People like you scare me.

Your self-righteousness shows through so much you stink even over bandwidth. So I should be humble enough to acknowledge I learnt something, ehn? But you have your head in sand, don't you, for you to have missed my apology to DeepSight (an acknowledgement of acceptance of something however small), my acceptance that yes, everyone is a "god" and thus false since Psalm 82, Psalm 2 and Jeremiah wasn't speaking to Christians but non-christians (if nopuqeater is a god, then congratulations to your godship on its uniqueness, pele!) and all the other views I have accepted here which I did not start with.

I have learnt so much here which buttresses my point and I thank Joagbaje for that opportunity. However, I learnt nothing from him except that him and cattle have the same "godship" status.

You on the other hand, sit there behind your keyboard, smugly satiated, bloated from self righteousness, posturing like the average village dolt dancing for coins and smiling like skull and cross-bones, stating and INSISTING that you are right that "Joagbaje became God the day he accepted Christ" even when it is obvious you do not become God! God "IS" and did NOT "become"! You tell me - what have you accepted or how have you humbled yourself? I have shown mine! Why not remove the log in your eyes or is it compulsory to post?

Now, if that is too much for you to assimilate and "HUMBLY" (as you wish others to) accept, there then, is no point for this conversation - in that case, go worship Joagbaje (or a cow) so we know they both have right to be called "god"!

All these white washed sepulchers sef, looking good yet stinking to the high heavens.  embarassed
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by Joagbaje(m): 11:34am On Sep 16, 2010
@newmi,
I gave a link to one of their anti wof sites which still confirms the divinity and deity of a Christian . Even though I don't subscribe to all their believe. But this is their own view.

www.gotaquestion.org

Question: "What is theosis?"

Answer: The term “theosis” has two meanings, the condition or the state of deity and the deification of man. Only God has the condition of deity in and of Himself. No man can ever attain true divinity. There is only one God and we are not Him. However, theosis is also the state of being divinized or God-infused, both in character and person (2 Peter 1:4). Peter describes Christians as being “partakers of the divine nature” (KJV). The Greek word koinōnos translated “partakers,” means a sharer, associate, companion. Christians, through the great promises of salvation, sanctification and the privilege of sonship through faith in Christ, become participants in the divine nature of God. 

Through the process of theosis, man exhibits or reveals within himself the presence of God in his life. Theosis is also associated with another term called ”perichoresis” which is a Greek term describing the relationship between each person of the Trinity. Therefore, theosis is related to his ability for perichoresis, or interrelationship, in which God resides within His human creation. As a result of theosis, and this indwelling relationship of God, man is made alive, full, and complete. 

It is only because God created man with the ability to experience theosis, i.e., God literally dwelling within us, that we become a reflection of Him. Another way to look at the idea of theosis is what Paul tells us in Romans 12:2: “Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.” Theosis, that process of becoming like God, is the transformation that takes place within the believer. But it is really more than that. This transformation is made perfect through our partaking in His nature through the Holy Spirit which resides within us. As a result, there comes to the Christian a profound sense of unity with God. Though we know that the full realization of our oneness—our perfection with God—comes after death, this process of theosis or divinization grows in time, by degrees, throughout our lives.

One of the best ways to describe how we can become like God is found in the teachings of Jesus, especially in the Beatitudes as recorded in Matthew chapter 5. It is here that Jesus culminates his teachings with the command to be “perfect” as God is. Prior to this, He was setting a new standard, a new law that superseded that of the old law. The goal, to be perfect, to achieve spiritual excellence, is a constant process. The goal for the Christian is essentially to be different from the world, to be more like God. 

Having said that, though, it is crucial to understand that we do not experience theosis by any amount of determination or fleshly effort of our own. It is only through the indwelling Holy Spirit, who empowers us and leads us to godly living by His work in our hearts that we can come closer to God and display the divine nature. For example, it is through this process of theosis, becoming one with God, experiencing His absolute, limitless love that we come to know how to love even our enemies. It is only through His Spirit residing within us that we as believers love and pray for those who seek to do us harm (Romans 12:14-21).

Recommended Resource: The Moody Handbook of Theology by Paul Enns.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by PastorAIO: 11:54am On Sep 16, 2010
nuclearboy:

I have learnt so much here which buttresses my point and I thank Joagbaje for that opportunity. However, I learnt nothing from him except that him and cattle have the same "godship" status.

You on the other hand, sit there behind your keyboard, smugly satiated, bloated from self righteousness, posturing like the average village dolt dancing for coins and smiling like skull and cross-bones,

This guy, you are fast overtaking no-pork-eater as my favourite rhetorician on Nairaland. Where did you pull that one from, (smiling like skull and cross-bone)? That is definitely one I must plagiarize.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by InesQor(m): 12:38pm On Sep 16, 2010
LMAO!!! Smiling like Skull and Cross Bones! cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by DeepSight(m): 1:18pm On Sep 16, 2010
nuclearboy:

Put the whole thing together then and what you get is this -

[1] The Almighty is the true God
[2] Everyone else is a false "god"
[3] These include Satan, men and likely even cattle. Based on the logic presented by DS, cattle defecate on grass and grass "worships" them by bringing forth - a power granted also by the Almighty, thus making them also "gods of their world" which is this world.
[4] Joagbaje and Cattle are the same

Clearly you have no perception of the significance or relevance of sentience in a being. That's why you can so carelessly equate the standing of human spirits to cattle. In another vein, you would demand honesty from others. How honest is it to equate humans with cattle, in terms of sentience, or any other terms for that matter.

What does it mean to you that the bible states that man is given dominion over the earth?

Would you care to define the word "god?"

I am fearful that the centre of this relationship has lost any purpose of moment.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by nuclearboy(m): 1:29pm On Sep 16, 2010
^^^ Be quiet!

Is it dominion that gave God His status? I dominate my market - does that make me the "market's god"? Are you god over your clothes?

Why not tell me then why the One who gave man this "dominion" said He is the ONLY God! O N L Y! For if you would that the Bible is wrong or corrupt, then you needs must agree Jo is with you on that else whats his "locus standi" to stand against the Word?

Re: How Joagbaje Became God by DeepSight(m): 1:32pm On Sep 16, 2010
nuclearboy:

^^^ Be quiet!

Is it dominion that gave God His status? I dominate my market - does that make me the "market's god"? Are you god over your clothes?

Why not tell me then why the One who gave man this "dominion" said He is the ONLY God! O N L Y! For if you would that the Bible is wrong or corrupt, then you needs must agree Jo is with you on that else whats his "locus standi" to stand against the Word?

Can anybody make sense of this? ? ?

Why is an elementary distinction between "g" and "G" so hard for you? ? ?

Good grief.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by ilosiwaju: 1:44pm On Sep 16, 2010
Nairaland should start beef/animosity awards. What a clash of egos. Pastor has something cooking here worth a look.
runs out grin
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-514524.0.html

arrivederci!
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by DeepSight(m): 1:47pm On Sep 16, 2010
nuclearboy:

Is it dominion that gave God His status?

I can only laugh at this.

What gives God his supremacy if not his absolute dominion.

Please the level of dishonesty you are regressing into is disturbing.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by nuclearboy(m): 2:12pm On Sep 16, 2010
It is not dominion that gave God anything. It is because He is God that He has dominion.

Which is where you got lost - you say he has god-ship but he agrees it can be withdrawn. What sort of "god" is already fake PLUS can lose the fake "god-ship" yet still be a fake god (according to Psalm 82) if he "falls away"?

Can you now see? No matter how you cast the die, "FAKE" comes out!

My argument is not against you anyway - its against one who purportedly knows Christ and believes the scriptures. You do neither so I'm not surprised.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by aletheia(m): 5:46pm On Sep 16, 2010
Deep Sight:

Why is an elementary distinction between "g" and "G" so hard for you? ? ?
^In what way does the Bible make an "elementary distinction" between god and God? Still stuck in the rut of English language conventions aren't you? Does the Hebrew or Greek of the Bible autographs make such distinctions?

Every time the bible makes the distinction: it is to contrast all other false gods with the one true god. An exercise in logic for you.
#1. Is Joagbaje a god? If the answer is yes then it suggests either that Joagbaje is a true god or Joagbaje is a false god. He cannot be both.
#2. The Scripture clearly and emphatically declares that there is one true god. All others are false.

KJV: Isaiah 43:10. Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

KJV: Isaiah 44:6, 8. Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.
Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any

#3. If Joagbaje is the true god; then he would have to have done what the true god did, i.e. create ex nihilo or of his own power resurrect from the dead.

#4. Since it is obvious that Joagbaje is not the one true god; then that means he is a false god.

Bear in mind he is only treading a well worn part of men claiming to be god; every single one of them heathen idolaters, e.g. the Pharaohs, Alexander the Great, the Caesars and so on. All these were men and all died as men. The only difference is that Joagbaje has managed to cloak his claims to deity with a veneer of professed Christianity.

The irony of it all is that he belongs to the protestant wing of Christianity which arose in opposition to the Roman Catholic Church Pontiff's claim of deity.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by aletheia(m): 5:56pm On Sep 16, 2010
Joagbaje:

@newmi,
I gave a link to one of their anti wof sites which still confirms the divinity and deity of a Christian . Even though I don't subscribe to all their believe. But this is their own view.
^^Sorry to burst your bubble, but obviously you read that article through the prismatic lenses of your god delusion, for that article in no way supports or upholds your claim that you are god.
Theosis, that process of becoming like God, is the transformation that takes place within the believer. But it is really more than that. This transformation is made perfect through our partaking in His nature through the Holy Spirit which resides within us. As a result, there comes to the Christian a profound sense of unity with God. Though we know that the full realization of our oneness—our perfection with God—comes after death, this process of theosis or divinization grows in time, by degrees, throughout our lives.
The key passage is this but seems you missed the message there.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by Joagbaje(m): 8:58pm On Sep 16, 2010
@Altheia,

Why are you selective, why not take a look at the parts you can at least learn some things from

Answer: The term “theosis” has two meanings, the condition or the state of deity and the deification of man. Only God has the condition of deity in and of Himself. No man can ever attain true divinity. There is only one God and we are not Him. However, theosis is also the state of being divinized or God-infused, both in character and person (2 Peter 1:4). Peter describes Christians as being “partakers of the divine nature” (KJV). The Greek word koinōnos translated “partakers,” means a sharer, associate, companion. Christians, through the great promises of salvation, sanctification and the privilege of sonship through faith in Christ, become participants in the divine nature of God. 

Through the process of theosis, man exhibits or reveals within himself the presence of God in his life. Theosis is also associated with another term called ”perichoresis” which is a Greek term describing the relationship between each person of the Trinity. Therefore, theosis is related to his ability for perichoresis, or interrelationship, in which God resides within His human creation. As a result of theosis, and this indwelling relationship of God, man is made alive, full, and complete. 

It is only because God created man with the ability to experience theosis, i.e., God literally dwelling within us, that we become a reflection of Him. Another way to look at the idea of theosis is what Paul tells us in Romans 12:2: “Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.” Theosis, that process of becoming like God, is the transformation that takes place within the believer. But it is really more than that. This transformation is made perfect through our partaking in His nature through the Holy Spirit which resides within us. As a result, there comes to the Christian a profound sense of unity with God. Though we know that the full realization of our oneness—our perfection with God—comes after death, this process of theosis or divinization grows in time, by degrees, throughout our lives.

But I'm surprised that rather you are busy trying to pick holes in the write up . I said earlier that I don't subscribe to all they say ,but at least they still have some baby truth for you to have learnt from. That it's not a blasphemy that a Christian born of God is a god. Because he has his nature in him.

A puppy though is small but it's still is a Dog it's a nature. He only grows into the fulness of what he is on the inside. Fullnes of dogishness!

Ephesians 3:19
19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

That's the essence of growth in Christianity. It is not a race to heaven but a race to perfection, spiritual maturity into the fulness of christ and God.

,Ephesian 3:15
15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things,

Ephesians 4:13
13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by Joagbaje(m): 9:10pm On Sep 16, 2010
aletheia:

#1. Is Joagbaje a god? If the answer is yes then it suggests either that Joagbaje is a true god or Joagbaje is a false god. He cannot be both.
#2. The Scripture clearly and emphatically declares that there is one true god. All others are false.

KJV: [i][b]Isaiah 43:10. Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

KJV: Isaiah 44:6, 8. Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

In the light of your interpretation of the scripture you're quoting, Jesus must have been a false God. He is not God the father, he has his own distinctive personality and body from the father. If jesus is God by proceeding from the father, same goes for joagbaje . I live in eternity.I live beyond so space and time.

Mark you, there is difference between trying be be like and being born in his likeness and nature. A Christian that still live a lesser life is limited by his revelation of what God made him. A goat gives birth to goat . A dog gives birth to dog . If Gid gives birth , he can't give birth to anything else. Than his likeness .
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by aletheia(m): 2:29am On Sep 17, 2010
Joagbaje:

In the light of your interpretation of the scripture you're quoting, Jesus must have been a false God. He is not God the father, he has his own distinctive personality and body from the father.
^^This is about Joagbaje's false claims. Not who Jesus is. In any case Jesus is God as I clearly demonstrated in my earlier post. He is not a separate different God as you try to imply above.
aletheia:

#3. If Joagbaje is the true god; then he would have to have done what the true god did, i.e. create ex nihilo or of his own power resurrect from the dead.
1. Has Joagbaje created anything ex nihilo? Answer: No. What about Jesus? Answer: Yes
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

2. Has Joagbaje of his own power resurrected from the dead. Answer: No. What about Jesus? Answer: Yes
John 10:17-18. Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

Joagbaje:

If jesus is God by proceeding from the father, same goes for joagbaje . I live in eternity.I live beyond so space and time.
^Now the nature of your demonic delusion is revealed for all to see. Again this is about Joagbaje's false claims not who Jesus is. So Joagbaje proceeds from the Father in the same way as Jesus? So Joagbaje lives in eternity? Such rank blasphemy. The scriptures are clear about Who Jesus is and Who dwells in eternity. It certainly makes clear that it is not Joagbaje.

KJV: Heb 1:3. Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
^Is Joagbaje the express image of the Father? Does Joagbaje uphold all things by the word of his power? Has Joagbaje by himself purged our sins?
Was it to Joagbaje that God made this declaration?
But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

KJV: Isaiah 57:15. For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.

Joagbaje:

Mark you, there is difference between trying be be like and being born in his likeness and nature. A Christian that still live a lesser life is limited by his revelation of what God made him. A goat gives birth to goat . A dog gives birth to dog . If Gid gives birth , he can't give birth to anything else. Than his likeness.
Please spare us such specious arguments. Reducing the uncreated Creator to the level of a created dog or goat. Also reducing things of the Spirit to fleshly terms. Scripture is emphatic: God is a Spirit. The new birth cannot be reduced to natural terms of dogs and goats.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by Joagbaje(m): 8:00am On Sep 17, 2010
aletheia:

^^This is about Joagbaje's false claims. Not who Jesus is. In any case Jesus is God as I clearly demonstrated in my earlier post. He is not a separate different God as you try to imply above.[/i]1. Has Joagbaje created anything [i]ex nihilo? Answer: No. What about Jesus? Answer: Yes
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Don't push me,  what if I tell you Jesus wasn't there in the beginning?  It was the word of God that was there. The word was not a separate person. The word only became a separate person for salvation of man. The word became flesh

John 1:14
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,( and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

2. Has Joagbaje of his own power resurrected from the dead. Answer: No. What about Jesus? Answer: Yes
John 10:17-18. Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.

This is where you are missing it. I was the one who died, I was raised from the dead on the third day. 

No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of [b]myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.[/b]

See your contradiction. Is father and son same personalities? These are two distinctive individual. Don't you agree? Or is God playing tricks on us?

^Now the nature of your demonic delusion is revealed for all to see. Again this is about Joagbaje's false claims not who Jesus is. So Joagbaje proceeds from the Father in the same way as Jesus? So Joagbaje lives in eternity? Such rank blasphemy. The scriptures are clear about Who Jesus is and Who dwells in eternity. It certainly makes clear that it is not Joagbaje.

If you bring water out of the ocean into a cup. Its still ocean water. If you put it back into the ocean , its inseparable.I am an eternal being. If you understand the eternal life I have in christ you will recognise. That a spirit is immortal. A spirit is what I am . I am only caged in human body.I transcend material realm of life.

^Is Joagbaje the express image of the Father?

Precisely that who I AM.

1 John 4:17
17, As he is, so are we in this world

Does Joagbaje uphold all things by the word of his power? Has Joagbaje by himself purged our sins?
Was it to Joagbaje that God made this declaration?
But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

I died , I was crucified , I defeated the devil, I am alive forever more. I am seated at the right hand of God. 

Please spare us such specious arguments. Reducing the uncreated Creator to the level of a created dog or goat. Also reducing things of the Spirit to fleshly terms. Scripture is emphatic: God is a Spirit. The new birth cannot be reduced to natural terms of dogs and goats.

Since the new birth seems to be a challenge for your comprehension , I had to use natural illustrations.Jesus did the same,likewise Paul . 

I  was once casting a devil out of a person, and the demon spoke at me saying " this is my house , I'm not coming out"  I replied " you demon, I defeated you 2000 years ago, you are subject to my authority , COME OUT! "  guess what ? It came out! The person vomited phlegm out of her mouth and other substances and she was healed. If you don't know who you are in christ, you can't cast out devils. The authority of Jesus is my authority. His name is my name. As I fellowship with this truth, I no longer see myself as joagbaje but as christ. ( I'm in him , he's in me) the same way Satan sees me, he sees light he sees christ in my eyes. He sees the one who defeated him. You should study more the messages of Paul and John, then you can have deeper insight into pastor chris message. Which is to perfect the saints .The rapture of the church will not take place until the church matures in the fulness of Christ and God.  Recognising our oneness in him. And demonstrating the character of the Gods spirit.   

Galatians 2:20
20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me:.

Jesus didn't die for a poor beggarly church. He died to have a glorious church. He won't come until we have put all his enemies under foot. Reigning over Poverty ,sin, sickness and death,failure, defeat and all that the devil stands for. We put the devil where he belongs. Under foot. Then we are ready for the rapture.

Ephesians 2:1-6
1 And you[ hath he quickened], who were dead in trespasses and sins; 2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: 3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. 4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ,( by grace ye are savedwink 6 And hath raised[ us] up together, and made[ us] sit together in heavenly[ places] in Christ Jesus:

All Jesus did , he did it in proxy for us.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by InesQor(m): 8:15am On Sep 17, 2010
Im mobile and it hurts cos too many things are wrong with the post above.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by Nobody: 9:40am On Sep 17, 2010
Don't push me, what if I tell you Jesus wasn't there in the beginning? It was the word of God that was there. The word was not a separate person. The word only became a separate person for salvation of man. The word became flesh

This is heresy of the worst kind and a a serious insult to our Lord Jesus Christ.Are you implying that Jesus Didn't exist but was only created when he became flesh?

Well let's lookk at the scriptures

John 1:1-3 (King James Version)

John 1
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2The same was in the beginning with God.

3All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

He has always existed from the very begining.

Is father and son same personalities?

yes they are

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John 14:6-146Jesus said to him, ‘I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7If you know me, you will know* my Father also. From now on you do know him and have seen him.’
8[b] Philip said to him, ‘Lord, show us the Father, and we will be satisfied.’ 9Jesus said to him, ‘Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and you still do not know me? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, “Show us the Father”? 10Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own; but the Father who dwells in me does his works[/b]. 11Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; but if you do not, then believe me because of the works themselves. 12Very truly, I tell you, the one who believes in me will also do the works that I do and, in fact, will do greater works than these, because I am going to the Father. 13I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14If in my name you ask me* for anything,

I died , I was crucified , I defeated the devil, I am alive forever more. I am seated at the right hand of God.

Honestly I don't beleive anyone who calls himself a christian will type this trash.How on earth can you sit at the right hand of God
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by Enigma(m): 9:55am On Sep 17, 2010
Was it Image23 who said "ignorance laminated"?

Well Joagbaje's latest is an example of delusion gone to seed.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by newmi(m): 10:24am On Sep 17, 2010
@nuclearboy
Thank you for the insults l think you should be feeling better and a deep sense of a well achieved fulfilment, hmmm!
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by newmi(m): 10:28am On Sep 17, 2010
@Joegbaje
Thank you very much for the link, l would endeavour to read through your post and would not spear a second jetting to that link.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by PastorAIO: 10:31am On Sep 17, 2010
There is much I disagree with in agbaje's last post however there as also somethings in it which surprised me because they were very insightful and deep. Especially the fact that we share in Christ's passion. I totally agree with that. We must suffer, die, be buried and resurrected with him.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by DeepSight(m): 11:06am On Sep 17, 2010
Nor can it be denied that he quotes precise scripture to support that which he has written.

If peeps despise scripture, they should simply say so.

It is undeniable that some of these ideas have some scriptural basis.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by MyJoe: 11:36am On Sep 17, 2010
JeSoul:
DS na wa for you oh. I thought you would walk away from this one but I guess your addiction is strong beyond strong.

MyJoe, perhaps DS gets that special treatment because he is special?
Actually both remain respected persons. If you reversed the characters or even substitute Bambi and Thumper for them, I would have made the same observations before ducking from the karate chops.

Like Vesc observed, I see "How Joagbaje Became God" (I crack up whenever I see the title) has become very interesting.

Re: How Joagbaje Became God by Joagbaje(m): 1:01pm On Sep 17, 2010
chukwudi44:

This is heresy of the worst kind and a a serious insult to our Lord Jesus Christ.Are you implying that Jesus Didn't exist but was only created when he became flesh?

The way of truth had always been called heresy  from the bible days , so it's not an issue.
I always avoid getting into this kind of discussion, because this is a public forum viewed by people of different levels of understanding, I don't want to be misunderstood , I may omit some facts at the moment.
But the truth is, there was no Jesus in heaven , The idea of Jesus came because of mans fall. If Adam had not fallen , there would never have been a Jesus .

The only two beings mentioned in the Beginning was God and the holy spirit.The word was with God ,not by himself. The word of God was in God and part of God. Are you separated from your word?.

The angels never saw any personality called Jesus in heaven.  The first time angels will see him was when the word of God took a form and became Jesus.the last Adam .

1 Timothy 3:16
16 And great and important and weighty, we confess, is the hidden truth( the mystic secret) of godliness. He[ a God] was made visible in human flesh, justified and vindicated in the[ Holy] Spirit, was seen by angels, preached among the nations, believed on in the world,[ and] taken up in glory.

There were some scriptures altered to suit religious fathers, which I will not want to go into so as not to sound as discredit to the scriptures. I may rest my case here.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by nopuqeater: 1:10pm On Sep 17, 2010
@Pastor AIO and the Jesus is God believers: Joagbaje knows he is no God. But the man is smart enough to use your own assertion of falsehood to prick your mind, if only to reality. Though, none of you may waiver, but you heard him. If God is One God, it means Jesus and Ghost are no God. You couldnt have more than One God by the Biblical verses posted by Aetheia, above, which I copy below:

« #173 on: Yesterday at 09:10:25 PM »

Quote from: aletheia on Yesterday at 05:46:12 PM

KJV: [i]Isaiah 43:10. [b]Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

If we ponder on the above Isaiah verses, the children of Israel did not see God, talking to them. But they saw Isaiah talking, repeating what God is telling him, because he was a prophet of God, His elect to the children of Israel.

This is the same thing that came from the mouth of Jesus; if you see me, you have seen God. Isaiah in his own speech, meaning exactly the same thing "Ye are my witness".

But we know that Jesus said "I am a servant sent by God". "I sent to the lost sheep of the house of Israel". "my Lord and your Lord, is but One God". "my God, my God, why forsake me?" These clearly shows that when he said seeing him is seeing God to clearly mean I am the speaker for God to you, now while I am speaking, because I am sent to do this. And God is instructing me. I hear Him, so am repeating His Words.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by MadMax1(f): 1:28pm On Sep 17, 2010
Jesoul=topic=512364.msg6761673#msg6761673 date=1284593036:

Maxy, you have levels of randomness that I can only dream about, in my dreams dream. Please, don't be modest on account of all the 'strangers' in here  grin
grin
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by jesus3: 1:47pm On Sep 17, 2010
@nopuqeater has anything been mentioned on this thread that concerns islam?
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by Nobody: 3:35pm On Sep 17, 2010
@Joagbaje

The scriptures foresaw heretics like you and clearly made provision to counteract them

Jesus clearly told us that He existed before Abraham and that Abraham was happy to see him.

John 8:56-60 (New American Standard Bible)

56"(A)Your father Abraham (B)rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad."

57(C)So the Jews said to Him, "You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?"

58Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, (D)I am."

59Therefore they (E)picked up stones to throw at Him, but Jesus (F)hid Himself and went out of the temple.

David clearly prophesied in psalm 110.

"The LORD said to My LORD sit here until I make you enemies your footstool"

Who do you think God was addressing in that passage?

The truth of the trinity is that it is something we cannever comprehend here on earth.St Augustine of hippo was clearly informed by an angel of the LOD that trying to comprehend the mystery of the trinity is like trying to empty an ocean into a tiny hole.So my dear brother I will advise you to just beleive God by faith and stop typing heresies on the internet
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by Nobody: 3:53pm On Sep 17, 2010
I would continue to post bible pasaages to refute joagbaje's heresies concerning the pre-incarnat Jesus

JOHN 17 :5

5"Now, Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was

Obvoiusly from the above Jesus clearly existed before the world was made and shared the same glory with the father.

The prophet Daniel centuries before the incarnation was granted a vision of JESUS in heaven.

I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with The Clouds of Heaven, and came to the Ancient of Days, and they brought Him near before Him. And there was given Him dominion, and glory, and a Kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve Him [see High Priest to King of The World]: His dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and His Kingdom that which shall not be destroyed."
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by newmi(m): 4:30pm On Sep 17, 2010
@Joeagbaje
Ephesians 2:1-6
1 And you[ hath he quickened], who were dead in trespasses and sins; 2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: 3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. 4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ,( by grace ye are savedwink 6 And hath raised[ us] up together, and made[ us] sit together in heavenly[ places] in Christ Jesus:

inasmuch as am deeply impressed with your several posts on this thread especially the most recent, notwithstanding though l still have some reservations in some seemingly gray areas l would want you to shed light on. For instance, on the scripture you referenced that l quoted above.

vs 6 "and hath raised us up together, and made us SIT together in [b]HEAVENLY[/b]places in Christ Jesus
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by InesQor(m): 4:36pm On Sep 17, 2010
@newmi: Better stop allowing @Joagbaje to confuse you. GO and read the Bible yourself and don't be a lazy believer.

@chukwudi44: I'm still at work so I can't really attend to the task, but You have begun what I would have begun upon getting back home. Good job!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Seun We Want A Pagan Traditionalist Mod On The Religious Section / What Attracted You To Your Current Church / Historical Facts! Freewillism Existed For Centuries As A Heresy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.