Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,220 members, 7,913,456 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 07:31 AM

How Joagbaje Became God - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Joagbaje Became God (11507 Views)

Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked / Joagbaje Was Right About Ebola, Jesus Is The Cure, AnotherEbola Victim Testifies / *~ Joagbaje Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Joagbaje Became God by InesQor(m): 9:48pm On Sep 21, 2010
One of the most interesting things that rose from this thread is Pastor AIO's thread attempting to discern deity. The fact that people refer to someone as the god of rap or soccer or jazz or jizz only shows how shallow their understanding of Deity is. I, for one, will not be so fatuous as to say such a thing. #Thatisall
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by Image123(m): 10:20pm On Sep 21, 2010
This deepS guy must have been reading jon and pauli, looks to understand Joagbaje more than Jo himself.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by PastorAIO: 11:45pm On Sep 21, 2010
It seems that the biblical definition of a God is a being that knows the difference between Good and Evil
5For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
Gen 3
22And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil:
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by Joagbaje(m): 6:26am On Sep 22, 2010
@ nuclearboy
nuclearboy:

IF THEY WERE ALREADY GODS, WOULD THEY "BECOME" GODS AGAIN? The argument is IF THEY WERE ALREADY, not what came after! Plus what came after was they had the knowledge without the wherewithal to make "profitable" use of it, thus they became false gods! Is that not what the Word you hate so much says? So what is new that you said?  How difficult is it to comprehend that IF THEY WERE, they would NOT be becoming and the argument is some said they already were BEFORE?

How many more times do you want it repeated? Or you want it in other languages?

Why don't you use your intellect for something that supports truth for once rather than exposing the spirit that hates truth in you so blatantly? You start to bore with the senseless hatred that flies to err without even considering what is being discussed. Kilode?

I said in the ealier post that there was a process of perfection for man. Adam was not patient enough for the process to complete. The fruit was not evil . The fruit contained the secret of mans perfection. Things went awry because they ate it by the word of satan and not at Gods appointed time.

Adam was not yet perfect. He was in a process. For example , God told him to replenish the earth,and reproduce. We don't know how many days or months they were in the garden, but the man that was to replenish the earth did not even know he was unclothed! How on earth will he replenish the earth?. He only got awareness of his unclothed part when he ate the fruit. the Godship of man has process of development. There's  is legal aspect and vital aspect. Legally he was , but vitally he had to develop fully into it.   A little boy is a man but still growing into man hood. He is a boy , he is a man.

Ephesians 4:15
15 but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head- Christ

Ephesians 3:18-19
18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height- 19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God

If you buy a benz for a 16 years old boy , he has to wait few years to drive it.

Why were they still confined in a garden, when they had an assignment to replenish entire earth.There was another significant tree meant for man in the garden. The tree of life . Which I believe was for the final stage of his developmental process by granting him permanence and immortality. God created man in his image( spirit) and likenes ( physical appearance) then he had to be trained in his faculties to exercise his dominion. When he matures , he eats the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Then he eats the tree of life and remain permanent in that state of perfection. He is now ready.

God instructed him to excercise dominion. He even helped him out by making him give names to animals.

Genesis 2:19-20
19 And out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought[ them] unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that[ was] the name thereof. 20 And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field----

For the tree of knowledge of good and evil , the word "good and evil" simply refers to judgement or descernment. . Its not refering to ability to do evil and good but to discern , to judge.which is a sign of maturity.

Hebrews 5:14
14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age,[ even] those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

So ,To know. Good and evil then means to judge aright. Because one of mans assignment  is to judge angels and other beings.

1 Corinthians 6:3
3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

John 5:22
22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

We and christ are one. Even though he is my lord yet We are brothers.

We should note that it was not out of anger that God sent man out of the garden but out of love , because if man had gone ahead and eat of the tree of life, he will be permanent in that fallen state and there would have been no redemption for man again. So God had to protect the tree from man.

Genesis 3:22
22 And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by Joagbaje(m): 7:44am On Sep 22, 2010
@altheia,

^No wonder you are so confused; mixing secular humanism and pseudo-science with God's Word.
What pre-Adamite age? I can see you 've reading your Dake's Commentary. Where is that in the Bible? Produce the verses for us to see.

The pre admit age is confirmed in several scripture, I will give you some.

Firstly , God told Adam to "replenish" the earth, re-plenish in English means , to re- fill . That tells us , the world was one occupied. You may call it Atlantis or any name. Scientific evidence by radio carbon dating proves this fact. That is why many scientist have problem with creation. Because evidence shows million of years existence while bible miscalculation shows earth is 6,000 years old. The fossil evidence to a great extent are true . Dinosaurs existed millions of Years ago.

The mis understanding is from chapter 1 of genesis .

Genesis 1:1-2
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness[ was] upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters

This is where Christians missed it for years. There was a gap between verse 1 and 2 . A gap of millions of years.God can not create confusion.He created a perfect world, filled with people and civilisation in verse 1. He didn't create it void.

Isaiah 45:18
18 For thus saith the Lord that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I[ am] the LORD; and[ there is] none else.

He didn't create it vain and empty , something led to the earth being void . If you have an N.I.V translation. There is a footnote on verse 2. Which says the earth possibly became void .

Bible evidence shows that the rebellion of lucifer led to the chaos of verse 2 of genesis.

Jeremiah 4:23-25
23 I beheld the earth, and, lo,[ it was] without form, and void; and the heavens, and they[ had] no light. 24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly. 25 I beheld, and, lo,[ there was] no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.

This was what led to verse 2 . There were once men, birds animal, Dragons and dinosaurs. Millions of years ago. But the men were not in the image of God . It is believed that those men that once existed on earth are the demons on earth today. Who desperately look for a human body to express themselves. If you know anybody who has seen a demon, they will tell you of their strange structure, and their ugliness . Some hunters in those days will tell you of strange creatures they came across while in thick forest. They are more than human beings in number, they are all over the world. They are mobilizing for the final war. God is raising his army too.  That's why we must know who we are in christ. We don't have anything of our own. Our ability is simply the authority we have in christ.christ is not coming for a chiken church.

Mark 16:17-18
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover

Ezekiel 28:12-17
12 Son of man, take up a lamentation for the king of Tyre, and say to him, Thus says the Lord GOD:"You were the seal of perfection,
Full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.
13 You were in Eden, the garden of God;
Every precious stone was your covering:
The sardius, topaz, and diamond,
Beryl, onyx, and jasper,
Sapphire, turquoise, and emerald with gold.
The workmanship of your timbrels and pipes
Was prepared for you on the day you were created.
14 You were the anointed cherub who covers;
I established you;
You were on the holy mountain of God;
You walked back and forth in the midst of fiery stones.
15 You were perfect in your ways from the day you were created,
Till iniquity was found in you.
16 By the abundance of your trading
You became filled with violence within,
And you sinned;
Therefore I cast you as a profane thing
Out of the mountain of God;
And I destroyed you, O covering cherub,
From the midst of the fiery stones.
17 Your heart was lifted up because of your beauty;
You corrupted your wisdom for the sake of your splendor;
I cast you to the ground,
I laid you before kings,
That they might gaze at you.

Now someone that doesn't understand prophecy studies may think it was just applying to a man. The attributes of the being here goes beyond a man, and any prophecy student knows that.

So this is not only dakes affair, Scofield bible , Niv, dakes and other renowned bible scholars affirms the fact.

That world was destroyed by water, that's why the bible says water covered the  face of the deep.

2 Peter 3:6-8
6 by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water. 7 But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
8 But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day

This flood here is an antediluvian flood, and not noah's flood , because the flood of Noah was only limited to earth but the flood lucifer destroyed the heavens and earth.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by nuclearboy(m): 8:51am On Sep 22, 2010
@Joagbaje:

Why do you sneak in to respond? Why not confront this head on rather than waiting till posts are long past before responding to them?

Joagbaje:

@ nuclearboy
I said in the ealier post that there was a process of perfection for man. Adam was not patient enough for the process to complete. The fruit was not evil . The fruit contained the secret of mans perfection. Things went awry because they ate it by the word of satan and not at Gods appointed time.

Adam was not yet perfect. He was in a process. For example , God told him to replenish the earth,and reproduce. We don't know how many days or months they were in the garden, but the man that was to replenish the earth did not even know he was unclothed! How on earth will he replenish the earth?. He only got awareness of his unclothed part when he ate the fruit. the Godship of man has process of development. There's  is legal aspect and vital aspect. Legally he was , but vitally he had to develop fully into it.   A little boy is a man but still growing into man hood. He is a boy , he is a man.

Ephesians 4:15
15 but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head- Christ

Ephesians 3:18-19
18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height- 19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God

If you buy a benz for a 16 years old boy , he has to wait few years to drive it.

Why were they still confined in a garden, when they had an assignment to replenish entire earth.There was another significant tree meant for man in the garden. The tree of life . Which I believe was for the final stage of his developmental process by granting him permanence and immortality. God created man in his image( spirit) and likenes ( physical appearance) then he had to be trained in his faculties to exercise his dominion. When he matures , he eats the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Then he eats the tree of life and remain permanent in that state of perfection. He is now ready.

God instructed him to excercise dominion. He even helped him out by making him give names to animals.

For the tree of knowledge of good and evil , the word "good and evil" simply refers to judgement or descernment. . Its not refering to ability to do evil and good but to discern , to judge.which is a sign of maturity.

So ,To know. Good and evil then means to judge aright. Because one of mans assignment  is to judge angels and other beings.

John 5:22
22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

We and christ are one. Even though he is my lord yet We are brothers.

And God told YOU that He was waiting for a time to tell Adam to eat the fruit, ehn? Please show scripture supporting this. For what the bible says is point blank - "don't eat it". MAN WAS GIVEN LIMITS so he would not grow past his pants (like you would)!

Adam was not yet "perfect"? Are you sure your prescription was filled alright and you're not taking hypertension pills for insanity? God made ALL things perfect is what the Bible you claim to believe says. It was Man that "devised many things". If you want a quote, let me know - it will only show your poor scholarship of the Bible to ask! For its between you and God - either the Bible is right and you are wrong or you are right and it is wrong

But you are NOT speaking the truth - growing up into Christ does not mean becoming Him or co-equal with Him. And the love of Christ does not include handing His Glory over unto you.

I don't know about you but I started driving at 11 and got my first car (my mothers old 404) when I was just 15 and admitted to the university- your extents of your experience does not encompass that of humanity

When did God tell you His plan that ensured they were still in a garden? Who informed you the Garden was not figurative for earth and closing the door behind them at exile was not a Spiritual matter? Plus who gives a "F" what your beliefs are? Are you not the same person who "deosn't know if Moses died or not"? Are you not the one who believed Adam was cut in 2 with his female repro organs separated to form Eve? Dude, your beliefs suggest Angeldust sprinkled on indian hemp and washed down with sapele number 4 after not eating for 4 days!

If your gate is locked and your maiguard asks a 10:30pm visitor what their business is, does that mean the maiguard is lord of the gate? Does the gate still NOT belong to you?

Trick reasoning does not belong on NairaLand - here, EVERYONE posts and others respond. Think before you post all the rubbish you keep spewing.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by nuclearboy(m): 9:02am On Sep 22, 2010
A "christian" says Bible miscalculation. Basically then, the Bible knows nothing! This chaps totally gone or maybe he never came anyway. Where are those dolts that jump in to applaud whenever he speaks - please come applaud his decision the Bible doesn't "KNOW" but miscalculate.

Joagbaje:

@altheia,

Firstly , God told Adam to "replenish" the earth, re-plenish in English means , to re- fill . That tells us , the world was one occupied. You may call it Atlantis or any name. Scientific evidence by radio carbon dating proves this fact. That is why many scientist have problem with creation. Because evidence shows million of years existence while bible miscalculation shows earth is 6,000 years old. The fossil evidence to a great extent are true . Dinosaurs existed millions of Years ago.

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness[ was] upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters

This is where Christians missed it for years. There was a gap between verse 1 and 2 . A gap of millions of years.God can not create confusion.He created a perfect world, filled with people and civilisation in verse 1. He didn't create it void.

Isaiah 45:18
18 For thus saith the Lord that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I[ am] the LORD; and[ there is] none else.

He didn't create it vain and empty , something led to the earth being void . If you have an N.I.V translation. There is a footnote on verse 2. Which says the earth possibly became void .

Bible evidence shows that the rebellion of lucifer led to the chaos of verse 2 of genesis.

Jeremiah 4:23-25
23 I beheld the earth, and, lo,[ it was] without form, and void; and the heavens, and they[ had] no light. 24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly. 25 I beheld, and, lo,[ there was] no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.

This was what led to verse 2 . There were once men, birds animal, Dragons and dinosaurs. Millions of years ago. But the men were not in the image of God . It is believed that those men that once existed on earth are the demons on earth today. Who desperately look for a human body to express themselves. If you know anybody who has seen a demon, they will tell you of their strange structure, and their ugliness . Some hunters in those days will tell you of strange creatures they came across while in thick forest. They are more than human beings in number, they are all over the world. They are mobilizing for the final war. God is raising his army too. That's why we must know who we are in christ. We don't have anything of our own. Our ability is simply the authority we have in christ.christ is not coming for a chiken church.

Mark 16:17-18
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover

12 Son of man, take up a lamentation for the king of Tyre, and say to him, Thus says the Lord GOD:"You were the seal of perfection,
13 You were in Eden, the garden of God;
Every precious stone was your covering:
The sardius, topaz, and diamond,
Beryl, onyx, and jasper,
Sapphire, turquoise, and emerald with gold.
The workmanship of your timbrels and pipes
Was prepared for you on the day you were created.
14 You were the anointed cherub who covers;
I established you;
You were on the holy mountain of God;
You walked back and forth in the midst of fiery stones.
15 You were perfect in your ways from the day you were created,
Till iniquity was found in you.
16 By the abundance of your trading
You became filled with violence within,
And you sinned;
Therefore I cast you as a profane thing
Out of the mountain of God;
And I destroyed you, O covering cherub,
From the midst of the fiery stones.
17 Your heart was lifted up because of your beauty;
You corrupted your wisdom for the sake of your splendor;
I cast you to the ground,
I laid you before kings,
That they might gaze at you.

Now someone that doesn't understand prophecy studies may think it was just applying to a man. The attributes of the being here goes beyond a man, and any prophecy student knows that.

So this is not only dakes affair, Scofield bible , Niv, dakes and other renowned bible scholars affirms the fact.

That world was destroyed by water, that's why the bible says water covered the face of the deep.

2 Peter 3:6-8
6 by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water. 7 But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
8 But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day

This flood here is an antediluvian flood, and not noah's flood , because the flood of Noah was only limited to earth but the flood lucifer destroyed the heavens and earth.

Whats the source for men NOT created in the image of God. Or that they are now demons especially since the Bible says demons are fallen Angels and their domain was Heaven. Where does Agbaje get they populated the earth from?

And the rest of the rubbish above is just rubish - white space construed to hide error in a slew of words.

Don't worry - your lawyer will come rescue you and hit his head against the floor again soon.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by Joagbaje(m): 9:35am On Sep 22, 2010
nuclearboy:

@Joagbaje:

Why do you sneak in to respond? Why not confront this head on rather than waiting till posts are long past before responding to them?

I was off Nairaland for few days , I didn't know thread was still on. We have outreaches month end, we need to pray and fast for souls to be saved. I need entire week off. I will fully resume Nairaland by Monday .

And God told YOU that He was waiting for a time to tell Adam to eat the fruit, ehn? Please show scripture supporting this. For what the bible says is point blank - "don't eat it". MAN WAS GIVEN LIMITS so he would not grow past his pants (like you would)

The guy was blind to his sexuality not until he ate the fruit.  And God confirm he has become like Elohim . All in the fruit. It was not an evil fruit .

Adam was not yet "perfect"? Are you sure your prescription was filled alright and you're not taking hypertension pills for insanity? God made ALL things perfect is what the Bible you claim to believe says. It was Man that "devised many things". If you want a quote, let me know - it will only show your poor scholarship of the Bible to ask! For its between you and God - either the Bible is right and you are wrong or you are right and it is wrong

Jesus wasn't perfect either, he was another Adam

Luke 2:40
40 And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him.

Luke 13:32
32 And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day and to morrow, and the third day, I shall be perfected

Hebrews 5:8-9
8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; 9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him
;

But you are NOT speaking the truth - growing up into Christ does not mean becoming Him or co-equal with Him. And the love of Christ does not include handing His Glory over unto you.

He gave me. We share it. It shows the little knowledge you have , I am JOINT HEIRS with christ.

John 17:22
22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one
:

2 Corinthians 3:18
18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord,(we) [b]are changed into the same image [/b]from glory to glory,[ even] as by the Spirit of the Lord

I am tired of going round in circles. The scriptures speak for itself. You just refuse to see it. Your understanding of Christianity is terrible.

I don't know about you but I started driving at 11 and got my first car (my mothers old 404) when I was just 15 and admitted to the university- your extents of your experience does not encompass that of humanity

But you had no license to drive. You drove illegally , that's what were talking about. That's what landed adam into trouble.

[color=#550000]When did God tell you His plan that ensured they were still in a garden? Who informed you the Garden was not figurative for earth and closing the door behind them at exile was not a Spiritual matter? Plus who gives a "F" what your beliefs are?

There you go in hypocrisy, you want to write a new version of bible, when you've not known ABC of salvation.

Are you not the same person who "deosn't know if Moses died or not"? Are you not the one who believed Adam was cut in 2 with his female repro organs separated to form Eve? Dude,

You have a lying habit. I only quoted in that thread what some schools of thoughts teaches , I didn't say it was my belief.  

your beliefs suggest Angeldust sprinkled on indian hemp and washed down with sapele number 4 after not eating for 4 days!

you need a doctor nuclear boy.

A "christian" says Bible miscalculation. Basically then, the Bible knows nothing! This chaps totally gone or maybe he never came anyway. Where are those dolts that jump in to applaud whenever he speaks - please come applaud his decision the Bible doesn't "KNOW" but miscalculate.

Trying to twist my post again? Any good bible schollar knows what I mean. Bible scholars miscalculated the age of the universe by counting ages of men in the bible and missing out the link between verse 1 and 2 of genesis. That's why the church has conflict with science.

I sign out now. Till Monday.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by Enigma(m): 9:45am On Sep 22, 2010
Joagbaje:

. . . [size=14pt]Jesus wasn't perfect either, he was another Adam[/size] . . .

Lord have mercy!
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by DeepSight(m): 2:05pm On Sep 22, 2010
Pastor AIO:

It seems that the biblical definition of a God is a being that knows the difference between Good and Evil

5For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
Gen 3

22And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil:

Well Pastor, thanks for this comment on that which the Bible DOES convey. The way some persons react to that which is in the bible which they find unpalatable, or contrary to their pre conceived notions, you would think it was Joagbaje or Deep Sight that personally inserted the foregoing quotes into the bible.

There, it is; clear as daylight - nothing need be said!
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by PastorAIO: 4:24pm On Sep 22, 2010
Deep Sight:

Well Pastor, thanks for this comment on that which the Bible DOES convey. The way some persons react to that which is in the bible which they find unpalatable, or contrary to their pre conceived notions, you would think it was Joagbaje or Deep Sight that personally inserted the foregoing quotes into the bible.

There, it is; clear as daylight - nothing need be said!

But then again one could get semantical and make a difference between Being a God and being as a God.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by nuella2(f): 4:32pm On Sep 22, 2010
@ enigma which one is God have mercy. Didnt the child jesus grow in wisdom. The word perfection as used, is it not knowledge?

Luke 2:52
And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.

Why are you making it look like, he was saying jesus was not perfect in the sense of wrong doings.

1 Like

Re: How Joagbaje Became God by aletheia(m): 6:27pm On Sep 22, 2010
@Joagbaje:

Joagbaje:

@altheia,

^^This is the strongest argument that you could adduce for your pre-adamic age theory (redefining the meaning of words); hence your leading with it.
Firstly, My KJV Bible (1769 version) uses "replenish" in Genesis 1:28. What does the word replenish actually mean?
According to the Merriam Webster Online Dictionary:

1 a : to fill with persons or animals : stock  b archaic : to supply fully : perfect  c : to fill with inspiration or power : nourish

So we see that the word replenish actually means "to fill" not "refill" whether in its more modern or more archaic.
The KJV was written in an archaic form of English. So let's consult an even older dictionary---Webster's 1806 dictionary.
Replenish, v. to fill, satisfy, stock, become stocked

So we see that your argument is based on a faulty understanding of English. Not all words beginning with "re-" means redo something e.g read

Secondly, the meaning of the Hebrew word וּמִלְא֥וּ which is translated replenish is given:
H4390 male' maw-lay' or malae (Esth. 7:5) {maw-law'}; a primitive root, to fill or (intransitively) be full of, in a wide application (literally and figuratively):--accomplish, confirm, + consecrate, be at an end, be expired, be fenced, fill, fulfil, (be, become, X draw, give in, go) full(-ly, -ly set, tale), (over-)flow, fulness, furnish, gather (selves, together), presume, replenish, satisfy, set, space, take a (hand-)full, + have wholly.

Thus you see that the word whether in English or Hebrew does not mean refill. and other versions that translate Genesis 1:28 in more modern English use the word "fill": "God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it."(NIV)

Joagbaje:

^^I am afraid you are the one who has misunderstood the Bible. There is no gap between Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2. I 've addressed this point elsewhere on another thread, so I will just reproduce what I wrote there.

Was There A World Before Genesis 1?

No.

Nothing new under the sun. The age which one prescribes for the earth is extremely dependent on one's view of creation. There are five major theories on the interpretation of the six days of creation.

1. The pictorial day theory claims that the six days mentioned in Genesis are the six days in which God revealed to Moses the events of creation. But the bible relates the creation as clearly, simply, and historically as it does other events. To interpret the text in this manner requires the abandonment of all exegetical principles.

2. The gap view claims that Genesis 1:1 describes an original creation which was followed by the fall of Satan and great judgment. Genesis 1:2 is then supposed to be a description of the recreation or restoration that took place. The Old Scofield Bible [Also Dake's Bible] maintains that the condition of the earth in verse two is the result of judgment, and therefore interprets the verb "hayah" as "became". However the Hebrew construction of verse two is disjunctive, describing the result of the creation described in verse one. The phrase "without form and void" is often misunderstood because of this rendering. These words are found only in a few other places (Is 34:11; 45:18; Jer 4:23). They do not describe chaos but rather emptiness and so would mean "unformed and unfilled". Exodus 20:11 teaches that all the universe, including the heavens and the earth, was created in the six day period mentioned in Genesis 1.

3. The intermittent view claims that the days mentioned are literal days, but that they were separated by long periods of time. This view is in direct contradiction of Exodus 20:11 and conveniently ignores the recurring phrase: "And the evening and the morning. . ." which describes the passage of the six days.

4. The day-age theory claims that the word "yom" which is the Hebrew word for "day" is used to refer to periods of indefinite length, not to literal days. While this is a viable meaning of the word, it is not the common meaning, nor is the meaning of the word sufficient foundation for the theory. Moreover it ignores the clearly stated meaning of Exodus 20:11. The phrase "And the evening and the morning" indicates literal days (cf. Daniel 8:14, where the same phrase in Hebrew is translated "day"wink

5. The literal day view accepts the clear meaning of the text: the universe was created in six literal days. The various attempts to join together the biblical account of creation and evolution are not supportable even by the various gap theories.

God of His own will and by His absolute power called the universe into being, creating it out of nothing (Ex 20:11; Ps 33:6, 9; 102:25; Is 45:12; Jer 10:12; John 1:3; Acts 14:15; 17:24; Rom 4:17; Col 1:15-17; Heb 3:4; 11:3; Rev 4:11). When one acknowledges the absolute power of God, he must accept His power to create and destroy as stated in the Scriptures.  The believer must accept these things by faith.

Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

I believe the world was created in six days because God said so.

Joagbaje:

This was what led to verse 2 . There were once men, birds animal, Dragons and dinosaurs. Millions of years ago. But the men were not in the image of God . It is believed that those men that once existed on earth are the demons on earth today. Who desperately look for a human body to express themselves. If you know anybody who has seen a demon, they will tell you of their strange structure, and their ugliness . Some hunters in those days will tell you of strange creatures they came across while in thick forest.
^^Fables invented to account for the gaps in your theories. Jesus treated the events of Genesis as literal events. Simple.

Joagbaje:

13 [color=#990000]You were in Eden, the garden of God;

^^Again the truth stares you in the face and you ignore it in favor for your doctrines! The Bible clearly states here that Satan was in the garden of Eden before his fall. Isn't it in Genesis that the garden of Eden is mentioned?
Genesis 2:8. And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.
Genesis 2:15. And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.
Genesis 3:24. So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

Please note the word Cherubimswhich is the plural of the same word used to describe Satan in Ezek 28:14: "Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth"

Joagbaje:

^^Interesting to note that you list faulty and misleading bible translations.

Joagbaje:

That world was destroyed by water, that's why the bible says water covered the  face of the deep.
. . .

^^I hope you realize that the word antediluvian actually refers to Noah's flood? Peter is referring to the Flood of Noah not some pre-Adamic flood.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by Image123(m): 6:47pm On Sep 22, 2010
Joagbaje
Sincerely, you need a reset. It's difficult for me to start with you, though with God all things are possible btw. For if the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?
Reason for my summary is that no doubt, you've got food (there are 'young' christians who need to desire food to grow. They have little/no food). The problem is your food is heavily poisoned. Those who can't discern, or do not have the Life will definitely only see the food, they couldn't discern the poison. Jo, do something about the poison.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by InesQor(m): 10:06pm On Sep 22, 2010
grin this is probably my most favourite thread on NL, so far. Im loving it more and more!
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by aletheia(m): 10:21pm On Sep 22, 2010
Image123:

The problem is your food is heavily poisoned. Those who can't discern, or do not have the Life will definitely only see the food, they couldn't discern the poison. Jo, do something about the poison.
^^Summed it up perfectly.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by Joagbaje(m): 12:11am On Oct 01, 2010
@Image 123
Image123:

Joagbaje
Sincerely, you need a reset. It's difficult for me to start with you, though with God all things are possible btw. For if the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?
Reason for my summary is that no doubt, you've got food (there are 'young' christians who need to desire food to grow. They have little/no food). The problem is your food is heavily poisoned. Those who can't discern, or do not have the Life will definitely only see the food, they couldn't discern the poison. Jo, do something about the poison.

I've been searching for the thead. Can you explain what poising. Don't just throw words , discuss, if you have anything to say
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by aletheia(m): 1:59pm On Sep 09, 2011
*bump*
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by Sweetnecta: 2:07pm On Sep 09, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This is similar to how Jesus became God.

or how Holy Spirit became God.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by PastorKun(m): 2:16pm On Sep 09, 2011
This thread was truly a classic grin even without voting for himself through multiple IDs joagbaje shd still have won poster of the year on the basis of this thread alone grin
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by nuclearboy(m): 4:31pm On Sep 09, 2011
To call this "Classic" would be an understatement - this was when I totally fell in love with Jo
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by DeepSight(m): 5:46pm On Sep 09, 2011
^ Reading it over, it was beyond a classic. Just freakin brilliant as threads go. Fiesty, combative, emotional at times, hilarious, pulsating, the works. Just reminds me why and how i became addicted to this site.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by Sweetnecta: 3:10am On Sep 10, 2011
[Quote]« #308 on: Yesterday at 04:31:27 PM »

To call this "Classic" would be an understatement - this was when I totally fell in love with Jo[/Quote]nuclearboy. nuclearboy. nuclearboy. etie melo. how many times did i call you but 3? you need to go get married. to a woman. unless you are yinka rose type, as they say in the days, joagbaje is a man. with the swagger in yoruba women, indeed nigerian women, in greater degree african women, there is no reason to be on the down low. there is nothing pretty about being switch hitter. it is abomination. people of lot were wiped off because of it.

mom and dad are expecting you to sire for them your begotten sons as their grandchildren. stop being a boy. become a man. enough said.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by LoveKing(m): 8:44am On Sep 10, 2011
so Joagabje at the end claims he is god? wow this is a serious case of ego-tripping
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by nuclearboy(m): 6:50pm On Sep 10, 2011
@Sweetnecta:

Most already know you as a doofus so all you achieved above is to confirm the fact to new members.

I'm not too surprised though since your pedigree sees love as "lust".

Just avoid females less than 18 and remember they must give consent!

Illiterate Barbarian Donkey
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 10, 2011
^^^

grin grin grin

Kindly be polite to brother Sweetnecta
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by nuclearboy(m): 6:59pm On Sep 10, 2011
^ Sorry - nuclearboy does not have a donkey as a brother!

Imagine where we were coming from and where his lust-addled brains took it to. If I born im type, I go totally vex
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by Sweetnecta: 7:06pm On Sep 10, 2011
[Quote]« #312 on: Today at 06:50:43 PM »

@Sweetnecta:

Most already know you as a doofus so all you achieved above is to confirm the fact to new members.

I'm not too surprised though since your pedigree sees love as "lust".

Just avoid females less than 18 and remember they must give consent!

Illiterate Barbarian Donkey[/Quote]There is no donkey in Yoruba land. Just get married, because its the right thing to do.

Loving men could be lusting, since you are not married.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by nuclearboy(m): 7:12pm On Sep 10, 2011
But there are Donkeys right? And many too especially in the Arab world wherein you find identity as a fake wannabe! cheesy

Btw, I know your Koran supports lying but stop the lies and ignorance - its indecent!
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by Sweetnecta: 9:20pm On Sep 10, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^You seem confused.

The lair is your father Paul, who was a killer the first time.

Abeg. Go get married and stop admiring another man.

Hypocrite. I guess the whole yoruba is "wannabe".

You wanna become people of Lot? That "that was when i was in Love with him" is the beginning.

Darn man to man lover. We are correcting you and you are complaining instead of accepting guidance. Lover Boy.

Nuclear boy, Lover boy.
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by donnie(m): 4:52pm On Sep 14, 2011
Arise o compatriots!!,
gettin my green and white ready cool
Re: How Joagbaje Became God by aslan333: 4:17pm On Sep 15, 2011
so ce members obviously dont believe in the doctrine of eternal sonship.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

The Credentials That Got David The Kingship Of Israel / Karma, Does It Exist? / Recent Miracle In Egypt !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.