Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,070 members, 7,916,121 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 03:56 PM

8 Yrs In A Relationship - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 8 Yrs In A Relationship (2146 Views)

How Do I Propose To My 8 Yrs Boy Friend / After 4 Yrs Together, I Discovered Wat My GF Has Been Hiding From Me. + (pic) / Is It Right For A Guy 2 Continue To Wait 4 A Girl Of 8 Yrs Affairs For Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Yrs In A Relationship by 1102(m): 11:21pm On Sep 14, 2010
^
Maybe he started dating from when they were in Junior secondary school,

and right now he's like in his finals or smtin, 8yrs could be a lot of years but if he aint ready HE aint ready,

BTW where is the OP to defend his post!
Re: 8 Yrs In A Relationship by niceG: 11:13am On Sep 19, 2010
I'm 25 and she is also 25 but about 10 months younger, We started when we were quite young but witout banging for yrs. I just graduated while she is yet to. Thanks for your advice and posts.
I askd her last nite what she had in mind she told me hers is if I'm ready to settle down I tell her she will go and if she is ready she will do the same as she told me earlier on ie when the issue fisrt came up.
Before she left she told me if I ve any plans I should carry on and should not her anything regarding that.
Re: 8 Yrs In A Relationship by Gamine(f): 11:41am On Sep 19, 2010
I can't seem to understand what a 'marriage' is going to suddenly do
to a relationship were both parties are obviously committed.
Will it make you more committed??
Does marriage show you love her more??

If the girl feels insecure, why should the guy be blamed.

@poster, like some have said, tell her folks or whoever
that you are not ready.

This is how people begin to have regrets and people start
to wonder why a couple divorced 'but they loved each' indeed!
No one wants to love under pressure!
Re: 8 Yrs In A Relationship by MOBO444(f): 11:44am On Sep 19, 2010
I reserve my comment but the ladies will always stick together with their silly taught.
Re: 8 Yrs In A Relationship by adaphik(f): 11:47am On Sep 19, 2010
Listen @ OP, there is no basis for putting up this here plus there equally no basis for confusion. After 8yrs, if u're not ready to settle down, look pls free that girl, abeg. She has tried.
Re: 8 Yrs In A Relationship by Girl846(f): 10:14pm On Sep 19, 2010
Gamine:

I can't seem to understand what a 'marriage' is going to suddenly do
to a relationship were both parties are obviously committed.
Will it make you more committed??
Does marriage show you love her more??

If the girl feels insecure, why should the guy be blamed.

@poster, like some have said, tell her folks or whoever
that you are not ready.

This is how people begin to have regrets and people start
to wonder why a couple divorced 'but they loved each' indeed!
No one wants to love under pressure!

You seem to have forgotten that the only form of "relationship" that is recognized by GOD and government is marriage!

If you are in 20yrs committed relationship, when filling government papers, you will still check "single" as your relationship status since you are not 'married' nor 'widowed'!
Re: 8 Yrs In A Relationship by Gamine(f): 11:39pm On Sep 19, 2010
Girl846:

You seem to have forgotten that the only form of "relationship" that is recognized by GOD and government is marriage!

If you are in 20yrs committed relationship, when filling government papers, you will still check "single" as your relationship status since you are not 'married' nor 'widowed'!

You now happen to be God's Spokesperson, ok.
How do you know if the involved parties believe in God or not.
As for Government, Is there any special benefit to being married if you check said box??
Re: 8 Yrs In A Relationship by osy77(m): 4:47am On Sep 20, 2010
Na wah oh
Re: 8 Yrs In A Relationship by Tinksh(f): 5:08am On Sep 20, 2010
She has given you 8years of her life and you just let her go. So you couldnt tell after 5 years you didnt want to marry her? How long do you want her to wait? You should of let her go years ago if the expectations of commitment where so different. Sounds like you wanted a gf but keeping your eye out for other options. Cruel!!
Re: 8 Yrs In A Relationship by deniyor: 5:51pm On Sep 20, 2010
She is not even done sch and she is pressuring for marriage already? Good riddance to rubbish.
She lost my support the moment she was trying to blackmail him using other suitors. Let her go for the suitors jo. Its her funeral.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Do You Like About Being A Man? / why are ladies cool wearin bikini in public, but cant wear pant & bra in public / Is It Possible, To Love Two People Equally?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.