Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,472 members, 7,968,314 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 01:38 AM

Being Single Can Be Frustrating - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Being Single Can Be Frustrating (13897 Views)

She Is Frustrating My Life, Just After I Officially Proposed To Her / Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers / Some Baes Could Really Be Frustrating (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Being Single Can Be Frustrating by Vic2k3(m): 9:43am On Sep 20, 2010
Tracey thats very interesting to hear but don't be too vexed cos we were greeting on ur thread, u hve got to understand now u don't meet someone in 1 thread and leapfrog to another to chat.

Sa goddess that sounds like fun. And yeah Nigerian dudes are really fascinating and don't be blinded by ma appearance cos there are also the ugly nigerians.
Re: Being Single Can Be Frustrating by Tracey121(f): 9:43am On Sep 20, 2010
SA Goddess:

So people can't even greet each other on your thread?   shocked  shocked  shocked  Oh, I see, we are taking the focus from you, shine on then!
LOL, how about finding another thread to so or even better start a thread, LOL
Re: Being Single Can Be Frustrating by SAGoddess: 9:47am On Sep 20, 2010
Vic2k3:

Tracey thats very interesting to hear but don't be too vexed cos we were greeting on your thread, u hve got to understand now u don't meet someone in 1 thread and leapfrog to another to chat.

Sa goddess that sounds like fun. And yeah Nigerian dudes are really fascinating and don't be blinded by ma appearance cos there are also the ugly nigerians.

Loads of fun Vic and YES, I have seen some ugly looking Naija men but I guess if one is in love, looks don't matter.

Please entertain Tracey, she is getting a fit because we are chatting on her thread, she probably wants your undivided attention!
Re: Being Single Can Be Frustrating by Nobody: 9:56am On Sep 20, 2010
@ Tracy

First of all, you need to know that you are getting it all wrong!

Looking for a man who 'deserves' you? What are you, a God? I know you believe in yourself and think you are the best, but I have news for you, you are not! There are women out there who are younger, prettier, more intelligent, more resourceful and more everything you are who are willing to play ball with these men. I'm not trying to put you down but you have to understand that you are not gold!

The problem is that men are begining to judge you the way you judge them! Unfortunately for you, you are aiming higher than your status and like you, no man wants to compromise on his standard. Besides, who are you to say who is good enough or not? Don't you know that true love only comes when you accept people for who they really are and not who you want them to be?

You need to STOP. You know life is full of surprises. I once dated a guy who I thought was everything I wanted and in the end, it turned out he wasn't. You know what that taught me? That maybe what I want is NOT what I need!

Nobosy's gonna hand the perfect man to you on a platter of gold. At 25, you should have learnt that lesson. What you need is a man that loves and respects you. That fairytale romance you dream of  is just not gonna happen.

I know there are a lot of jerks out there, but you say you are intuitive and you can weed them out. But a good man is who you need to spend the rest of your life with. A man who'll be there to hold your hand through the rough times that life would definitely bring your way. A man who would respect you even when you are not so 'cool' anymore. A man who will be a real father to those children you want so much. Such men don't come with glamour that you seek. So girl, wake up . .  the clock is ticking, and ticking, and ticking . .  grin
Re: Being Single Can Be Frustrating by Tracey121(f): 10:11am On Sep 20, 2010
Ujujoan:

@ Tracy

Looking for a man who 'deserves' you? What are you, a God? I know you believe in yourself and think you are the best, but I have news for you, you are not! There are women out there who are younger, prettier, more intelligent, more resourceful and more everything you are who are willing to play ball with these men. I'm not trying to put you down but you have to understand that you are not gold!

The problem is that men are begining to judge you the way you judge them! Unfortunately for you, you are aiming higher than your status and like you, no man wants to compromise on his standard. Besides, who are you to say who is good enough or not? Don't you know that true love only comes when you accept people for who they really are and not who you want them to be?

You need to STOP. You know life is full of surprises. I once dated a guy who I thought was everything I wanted and in the end, it turned out he wasn't. You know what that taught me? That maybe what I want is NOT what I need!

Nobosy's gonna hand the perfect man to you on a platter of gold. At 25, you should have learnt that lesson. What you need is a man that loves and respects you. That fairytale romance you dream of  is just not gonna happen.

I know there are a lot of jerks out there, but you say you are intuitive and you can weed them out. But a good man is who you need to spend the rest of your life with. A man who'll be there to hold your hand through the rough times that life would definitely bring your way. A man who would respect you even when you are not so 'cool' anymore. A man who will be a real father to those children you want so much. Such men don't come with glamour that you seek. So girl, wake up . .  the clock is ticking, and ticking, and ticking . .  grin
Here is what I stand to believe, when we meet that special person we always know, and u can look across the resturant and fall in love with a waitress, I mean, I know I have fallen inlove with ppl who are not even close to what I want and call my ideal partner, I mentioned that more than once in this thread and also them turned out to be not what I thought they were, I am not looking for a gold guy blv me, I am looking for love, that feeling, U know that feeling, that feeling that makes everything not to matter, that feeling that makes ur knees goes week, that makes ur stamach have butterfly, that feeling of love but I havent find it, the very last tym I had that kind of feeling Im looking for was with my veyr first BF who turned out to be related to me, and until then I will continue searching, U should understand guys that we find love in a very strangest places and we tend to fall inlove with what we thought we never wanted, it happens so everything else shouldnt be bothering you and yes I am the real thing and if a person cant see that and appreciate my feminism and my individualism then off he goes
Re: Being Single Can Be Frustrating by chika98: 10:23am On Sep 20, 2010
Ujujoan: You deserve a hug for that response. So SPOT ON!

Tracey121:

Here is what I stand to believe, when we meet that special person we always know, and u can look across the resturant and fall in love with a waitress, I mean, I know I have fallen inlove with ppl who are not even close to what I want and call my ideal partner, I mentioned that more than once in this thread and also them turned out to be not what I thought they were, I am not looking for a gold guy blv me, I am looking for love, that feeling, U know that feeling, that feeling that makes everything not to matter, that feeling that makes your knees goes week, that makes your stamach have butterfly, that feeling of love but I havent find it, the very last tym I had that kind of feeling Im looking for was with my veyr first BF who turned out to be related to me, and until then I will continue searching, U should understand guys that we find love in a very strangest places and we tend to fall inlove with what we thought we never wanted, it happens so everything else shouldnt be bothering you and yes I am the real thing and if a person cant see that and[b] appreciate my feminism and my individualism then off he goes [/b]

And you wonder why you're still single.
Listen and re-read what she just told you. You have to be realistic about these things.
No tall, broad chested and light skinned guy who is totally in love with you is gonna come over and sweep you off your feet.
Last time that happened. . it was to Cinderella and her and him have been stuck in a limbo ever since.
Wake up and get real!
Re: Being Single Can Be Frustrating by Nobody: 10:33am On Sep 20, 2010
Ujujoan:

@ Tracy

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

who hijacked uju's id cheesy cheesy

sending her a mail right now
Re: Being Single Can Be Frustrating by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 20, 2010
@ Chika

pls help me tell her oh!

@ Tracy

Lol, what is this? Wonderland? Honey, fairytales do not exist! You know that feeling? The one you think you had/want? It only happens in Ciderella, romeo and juliet, titanic and bla bla bla.

True love is built over years of togetherness . . . .  facing storms together, making each moment together count! You are 25, not 16. This is real life, not a fairytale. Do you want love or lust. Would you rather hold on to a feeling that will definitely fade away or have a relationship that will last?

Just get over yourself, and be realistic.

Things are not always what they appear to be, you should know that. If you keep this up, you'll end up falling in love with an illusion and be miserable for the rest of your life!

And pls, stop confusing yourself . .first you say you love with your head, and then you say you want a 'love @ first sight' relationship! You need to get what you really want straight.

Being single does suck, but at 25, I doubt if you know how much. Keep this up for another 5yrs and you'll find out . . .the hard way!

@ oyb

Berra dont send me any mail if you dont want me to report you as spam! Mccccchew!

grin grin grin
Re: Being Single Can Be Frustrating by slamjam: 10:47am On Sep 20, 2010
@ OP, if you are religious, I suggest you pray about getting a good partner. Just put God first.
Re: Being Single Can Be Frustrating by Tosinville(m): 10:50am On Sep 20, 2010
Poster,

To be sincere with you, your requirements about the kind of man you want as a husband really hypnotized me, so some ladies still reason this way to make this huge demand about men this days? I wonder if u are given the opportunity to create a man for yourself i wonder how your man gon' look like? well 25 is still young to me perhaps when you get to 35 then ur eyes will open that you're getting close to menopause.

God has not yet create this kinda perfect match you want in a man so remain where you are sorry if that sounds so rude and i'm not sure u are this 60% perfect urself but u want that in a man? Let u ladies keep consoling her cos she doesn't know what she want yet till she's 40 but the wise ones are getting the remaining good guys out there.

www.google.com/i-want-a-perfect-match/
Re: Being Single Can Be Frustrating by Agibecky: 10:59am On Sep 20, 2010
BEING SINGLE IS ONLY FRUSTRATING IF YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW TO MINGLE WITH THE RIGHT PEOPLE.

If your job or workplace is not challenging and exciting, it will affect your life.

Avoid boring people and boring places.

FIND YOUR GROVE.
Re: Being Single Can Be Frustrating by Nobody: 10:59am On Sep 20, 2010
Dear gal pls listen to uju she said it all.dnt lower your standards just be realistic
Re: Being Single Can Be Frustrating by MOBO444(f): 11:13am On Sep 20, 2010
ss
Re: Being Single Can Be Frustrating by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 20, 2010
MOBO444:

Nigeria women are disgusting, cant believe the view i am see and comment also.

Why dont you get lost undecided
Re: Being Single Can Be Frustrating by Tosinville(m): 11:27am On Sep 20, 2010
^^^she is not nigerian, she from south africa who wants to customize a man for herself like the way Xzibit and his entourage(west coast) "love-vendor ma ride" on MTV.
Re: Being Single Can Be Frustrating by Tosinville(m): 11:30am On Sep 20, 2010
^^^What the hell is love vendor? I mean P.1.M.P
Re: Being Single Can Be Frustrating by tkb417(m): 11:35am On Sep 20, 2010
no comments
Re: Being Single Can Be Frustrating by Vic2k3(m): 11:40am On Sep 20, 2010
Tracey it appears u've stirred the hornet's nest. Cos everyone seems to demand a pound of ur flesh
Re: Being Single Can Be Frustrating by princekevo(m): 11:50am On Sep 20, 2010
@poster,
I will adivce you to keep waiting for your mr. perfect. Who knows, you might find him at 60 even at 80. Do not compromise your standard and expectation from you dream man. Goodluck!!
Re: Being Single Can Be Frustrating by Ayowumie(m): 11:54am On Sep 20, 2010
@poster, based on your comments and responses, i think what you need is a boy friend that might be able to play a role of a father( to a child that is possible for you to have thru artificial insemination).

Your standards are enormously too high. Mind you, if you are setting criteria, you have to be able to meet some of the criteria you are setting for the guys. These days, guys do not longer fall in love with liability. Love is no longer blind.
Re: Being Single Can Be Frustrating by seedord247(m): 12:04pm On Sep 20, 2010
Tracy, I''m Available for Pick Up let me know when you are ready

Re: Being Single Can Be Frustrating by kemisuga(f): 12:11pm On Sep 20, 2010
Does true love still exists Yet to find one sad sad sad
Re: Being Single Can Be Frustrating by opribo(m): 12:19pm On Sep 20, 2010
@Tracey121

This is a typical example of what we are talking about everyday. You have set the standard of the kind of man that you want which is good but you forget that your man made wisdom is different from that of God. Since all you need is a child no problem, children can not be bought with money. If you want to have your own without a husband it is good afterall there are gigollos out there you can pay to have them fix you a baby. All said and done, just wait a little bit more the son of Bill Gate is coming to sweep you off your feet. Just wait some more maybe by 2011,2012 or who knows the right man will soon come. If in all of Naija no man is good enough then lets import from another country.
Re: Being Single Can Be Frustrating by estman: 12:36pm On Sep 20, 2010
@Ujujoan

Thanks for your comments,that was nice and very thoughtful of you.you deserve a hug and how is wish i know you,i will simply ask for a lunch date,i really need to tap from your knowledge.keep it up

anyway @tracy121

i cant say whats on your mind but i will one suggest that you take things easy and very soon the right guy will come,dont forget every perfect gift comes from God,so be prayerful and God will provide you with the man of your heart.

i can tell you that 70% of men and women are not really enjoying perfect relationship but what we have to live with it and make it work,

perfect relationship can only come when you stand by your man or woman and conquer the storms of relationship together,

please wait for your man and you both will build a strong and lasting relationship.

God bless every one of us and help us find our life partners before we loose our love touch.
Re: Being Single Can Be Frustrating by SAGoddess: 12:47pm On Sep 20, 2010
All that's needed is exfoliating gloves and you are good to go! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Being Single Can Be Frustrating by andyanders: 12:56pm On Sep 20, 2010
@Tracey121 (f)

LISTEN WOMAN, IT IS NOT THAT GOD DOES'NT UNDERSTAND YOUR SITUATION. YOU CANNOT MARRY UNDER YOUR CONDITION AND TERMS. YOU CANNOT, I REPEAT, YOU CANNOT EVER FIND A PERFECT MAN ON THIS EARTH.RATHER YOU SHOULD ADJUST YOURSELF TO BE ABLE TO ACCOMODATE. YOU ALSO NEED DELIVERANCE, 'COS IT IS LIKE YOU ARE SPIRITUALLY MARRIED AND THE SPIRITUAL HUSBAND WILL BE PREVENTING YOU TO GET MARRIED TO ANY MAN AND DECEIVING YOU BY UPHOLDING TO YOUR TERMS. GO TO SCOAN FOR DELIVERANCE AND YOU WILL BE MARRIED AND BEAR CHILDREN. YOU CANNOT DO IT BY YOUR POWER. YOUR TERMS FOR A PERFECT MAN WILL STAND AGAINST YOUR BEIGN MARRIED ON EARTH FOR LIFE. YOU ARE WARNED.
Re: Being Single Can Be Frustrating by kolaoloye(m): 1:01pm On Sep 20, 2010
andyanders:

@Tracey121 (f)
LISTEN WOMAN, IT IS NOT THAT GOD DOES'NT UNDERSTAND YOUR SITUATION. YOU CANNOT MARRY UNDER YOUR CONDITION AND TERMS. YOU CANNOT, I REPEAT, YOU CANNOT EVER FIND A PERFECT MAN ON THIS EARTH.RATHER YOU SHOULD ADJUST YOURSELF TO BE ABLE TO ACCOMODATE. YOU ALSO NEED DELIVERANCE, 'COS IT IS LIKE YOU ARE SPIRITUALLY MARRIED AND THE SPIRITUAL HUSBAND WILL BE PREVENTING YOU TO GET MARRIED TO ANY MAN AND DECEIVING YOU BY UPHOLDING TO YOUR TERMS.   GO TO SCOAN FOR DELIVERANCE   AND YOU WILL BE MARRIED AND BEAR CHILDREN. YOU CANNOT DO IT BY YOUR POWER. YOUR TERMS FOR A PERFECT MAN WILL STAND AGAINST YOUR BEIGN MARRIED ON EARTH FOR LIFE. YOU ARE WARNED.

Why not MFM ?
Re: Being Single Can Be Frustrating by KGNAIRA: 1:04pm On Sep 20, 2010
@POSTER

"your such a dumbass, next tym keep your silly opinions to urself, U just prove what kind of poo we have to keep up with for being intelligent, its idiots and mediocres like you who makes smart ppl's life difficult"

All these just for saying "I don't belong here"

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm??
Re: Being Single Can Be Frustrating by Tosinville(m): 1:08pm On Sep 20, 2010
^^^As far as i'm concern, no one is perfect in everything cos the world we live in now is "TAKE ME AS I AM" thatz love but with what the poster listed JUST ONLY about physical attributes alone shows she can never be satisfy with any man on earth so let her remain single and be miserable probably for the rest of her time cos i don't see what makes her better than the girl next door, i'm still wondering whether they dig gold in her own punanie that makes her unique in life? What does she has that any other girls in her street don't have?

Poster, u need to speak to yourself cos the pride in you will lead u nowhere but to make ur damn life miserable.
Re: Being Single Can Be Frustrating by Nobody: 1:10pm On Sep 20, 2010
@ Ujujoan :

You deserve more than a hug , you deserve 21 salutes as well ; I cut cap for you. Yours is the best response on Nairaland so far. Without being verbose you passed on all the answers she needs to her problem , only problem is I don't think she'll take heed.

@ Tracy :

Ujujoan & Chika have given you the best advice anyone can give. The sooner you realise we are all special and you start seeing people for who they are and not how they appear the better for you , the only problem is I detect defiance in your text.
I read on a thread somewhere on Nairaland bout a girl who didn't love an ex cos she just couldn't bring herself to love him , years later she's still single and realises the ex was all she needed in a man but it was too late , he had been taken. She made a comment which really got to me , she said , ' I didn't love him cos I didn't want to love him '. People don't always turn out to be what you think of them initially , any guy is dateable , get to know them first and you'll be surprised at the amount of sane , marryable and lovely guys you'll get to meet.
Re: Being Single Can Be Frustrating by andyanders: 1:21pm On Sep 20, 2010
@kola oloye (m)

AT MFM, THEY WILL BE PRAYING "DIE, DIE' DIE' DIE,. WHAT IF THE MAN DIES B4 THE WOMAN OR THE WOMAN DIES B4 THE MAN?
Re: Being Single Can Be Frustrating by vanitty: 1:22pm On Sep 20, 2010
Ujujoan:

@ Tracy

So so so true.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Much Is Olosho In Ibadan / Pantless Abby Zeus Shares Photos While Opening Her Legs Wide On Val's Day (18+) / Why Don't You African Girls Like To Date Black-american Guys?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.