Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,509 members, 7,904,949 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 10:21 PM

Ibinabo Is Born Again - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ibinabo Is Born Again (6259 Views)

Dr Giwa's Sister Writes To Nigerians: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful / Late Dr Giwa's Sister Reveals: Ibinabo Is Not Remorseful / Ibinabo Is Just A Small Girl, She Has About Three Cases Lying In The Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibinabo Is Born Again by Dolemite(f): 5:48pm On Sep 24, 2010
Echidime:

Many Nigerians are killing people everyday CONSCIOUSLY and they are not in kirikiri,hers was an accident, she did not do it CONSCIOUSLY like those from ASO ROCK TO HOUSE OF REP. We should have mercy on her
Talking like a child, I hope your mother gets mowed down by a drunk driver, then you'll have an ample opportunity to forgive her unconscious killer.
Re: Ibinabo Is Born Again by bawomolo(m): 7:18pm On Sep 24, 2010
Many Nigerians are killing people everyday CONSCIOUSLY and they are not in kirikiri,hers was an accident, she did not do it CONSCIOUSLY like those from ASO ROCK TO HOUSE OF REP. We should have mercy on her

my IQ just went down a couple of points after reading this.

the world would be in a state of anarchy using this logic.
Re: Ibinabo Is Born Again by showstopa: 7:18pm On Sep 24, 2010
Dolemite,any need for such harsh words and wishes.
Such thoughtlessness
Re: Ibinabo Is Born Again by Dolemite(f): 7:45pm On Sep 24, 2010
showstopa:

Dolemite,any need for such harsh words and wishes.
Such thoughtlessness
I'm ruthless with idiots who try to justify drunk driving in any way, I personally have been affected by it. . .
Re: Ibinabo Is Born Again by pimpc007(m): 8:06pm On Sep 24, 2010
luv her outfit.

@ Dolemite, U don't rily need 2 wish nobody's mama death. U don't.
Re: Ibinabo Is Born Again by Echidime(m): 7:18am On Sep 25, 2010
@Dolemite:

Even if your my blood relation and someone kills you UNCONSCIOUSLY AS SHE DID,i wont kill the person back because i KNOW BETTER THAN YOU,you live in the bodily consciousness of life where you are BLIND to know that all beings are going through their destined karma due to their past activities good or bad,while i life in spiritual consciousness of life where I know that no one can kill you unless you have kill someone before either in this life or in your past life,believe it or not reincarnation is real,JOHN THE BAPTIST was beheaded because as Elijah he gave order to behead the 3 worshipers of bale and asra,he also command tigers to kill kids, so as john a little girl ask her father for the head of John,EVEN JESUS said it that elijah has come as john but the world did not know him.Is because your a two leg animal ignorance of the laws of nature,you could have known that you have just pronounce the death of your mother and yourself,because according to laws of nature whatever comes out of your mouth comes back to you.

bawomolo,tunnytox:

Are you like Dolemite? The creation of our awesome GOD does not need people like that. If anyone that kills consciously or unconsciously should be kill or put to prison,even when the person is pleading for mercy as she was in the influence of alcohole,then you all deserved to be killed too because your killing innocent animals and eating them everyday,where is your conscience when you slaughter innocent animals without mercy and compassion even as they struggle for their life? Yet you CONSCIOUSLY kill them and EAT,as you people love EATING DEAD BODIES.
Re: Ibinabo Is Born Again by Nobody: 7:29am On Sep 25, 2010
Echidime:

@Dolemite:

bawomolo,tunnytox:

Are you like Dolemite? The creation of our awesome GOD does not need people like that. If anyone that kills consciously or unconsciously should be kill or put to prison,even when the person is pleading for mercy as she was in the influence of alcohole,then you all deserved to be killed too because your killing innocent animals and eating them everyday,where is your conscience when you slaughter innocent animals without mercy and compassion even as they struggle for their life? Yet you CONSCIOUSLY kill them and EAT,as you people love EATING DEAD BODIES.

weed alert !!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

see pesin quoting the same bible that gives man dominion over all things - thats some migty strong weed u got there
Re: Ibinabo Is Born Again by Echidime(m): 7:48am On Sep 25, 2010
@OYB:

bible gives man dominion over all things,YES DO YOU KNOW THE MEANING OF DOMINION? IT MEANS TO PROTECT AND PROVIDE FOR,JUST AS YOUR PRESIDENT HAS DOMINION OVER YOU,HE CAN DO ALL THINGS BUT WHEN HE WANT TO DO THINGS AGAINST,YOU SEE PEOPLE CAUTIONING HIM,HEY MAN YOUR DUTYIS TO PROTECT AND PROVIDE FOR THE PEOPLE NOT TO KILL THEM, THATS THE MEANING OF DOMINION,I KNOW YOUR AN EDUCATED ILLITERATES
Re: Ibinabo Is Born Again by spikedcylinder: 8:17am On Sep 25, 2010
Echidime:

@OYB:

bible gives man dominion over all things,YES DO YOU KNOW THE MEANING OF DOMINION? IT MEANS TO PROTECT AND PROVIDE FOR,JUST AS YOUR PRESIDENT HAS DOMINION OVER YOU,HE CAN DO ALL THINGS BUT WHEN HE WANT TO DO THINGS AGAINST,YOU SEE PEOPLE CAUTIONING HIM,HEY MAN YOUR DUTYIS TO PROTECT AND PROVIDE FOR THE PEOPLE NOT TO KILL THEM, THATS THE MEANING OF DOMINION,I KNOW YOUR AN EDUCATED ILLITERATES

Lol!!!!! grin grin grin grin cheesy
You are so brand new. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Ibinabo Is Born Again by tunnytox(m): 9:32am On Sep 25, 2010
Echidime:

@Dolemite:

bawomolo,tunnytox:

Slaughtering innocent animals? which planet are you from? may be you just escaped from a rehab or something like that? I killed animals not for fun but to feed myself, tell me then what do you eat? a vegetarian? if you are a vegetarian then you too are still guilty of killing and torturing innocent plants you are eating and you'll be accountable to your god of karma rubbish
Re: Ibinabo Is Born Again by Hisolak(m): 2:32pm On Sep 25, 2010
At last she finally pressed the UNDO button of her life, people should please allow this lady live her life and stop playing GOD, your own life could be worst its only we don't know
Re: Ibinabo Is Born Again by Echidime(m): 4:03pm On Sep 25, 2010
@Dolemite: "The words you form, the sentences, shape your outward fate on this earth. They are like seeds in a garden which you build around you; for each human word is part of the most vital thing that YOU can weave for yourselves in this Creation, for everything germinates from this and grows into your fate!" You can see what you have sow for yourself again.
Re: Ibinabo Is Born Again by Tcrack(m): 5:06pm On Sep 25, 2010
if she delibratelly killed the man, (murdered him) it is a diffrent case .if she spends the rest of her life in prison, will it bring the dead back? some of us dont know what the word forgiveness means.
Re: Ibinabo Is Born Again by yewaman: 6:05pm On Sep 25, 2010
turning point
Re: Ibinabo Is Born Again by Nobody: 6:51pm On Sep 25, 2010
Tcrack:

if she delibratelly killed the man, (murdered him) it is a diffrent case .if she spends the rest of her life in prison, will it bring the dead back? some of us dont know what the word forgiveness means.

maybe if you lost your father to a drunk driver and were forced to drop out of school because there was no money you'd know better than to blather about forgiveness
Re: Ibinabo Is Born Again by mamagee3(f): 7:58pm On Sep 25, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

If you can't stand her, God can at least.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ibinabo Is Born Again by Dolemite(f): 10:16pm On Sep 25, 2010
Echidime:

@Dolemite:

Even if your my blood relation and someone kills you UNCONSCIOUSLY AS SHE DID,i wont kill the person back because i KNOW BETTER THAN YOU,you live in the bodily consciousness of life where you are BLIND to know that all beings are going through their destined karma due to their past activities good or bad,while i life in spiritual consciousness of life where I know that no one can kill you unless you have kill someone before either in this life or in your past life,believe it or not reincarnation is real,JOHN THE BAPTIST was beheaded because as Elijah he gave order to behead the 3 worshipers of bale and asra,he also command tigers to kill kids, so as john a little girl ask her father for the head of John,EVEN JESUS said it that elijah has come as john but the world did not know him.Is because your a two leg animal ignorance of the laws of nature,you could have known that you have just pronounce the death of your mother and yourself,because according to laws of nature whatever comes out of your mouth comes back to you.
So contradictory, Karma, laws of nature and the bible don't mix, and in case you haven't notice, I am an Atheist. Plus I never wished death on anyone, I said I HOPE he feels the pain of loosing a loved one to a drunk driver, I also HOPE two sexy lesbians would have sex with me, hasn't happened yet, get my point? HOPE is futile, different from a wish, which is also futile. I still stand by what I said.
Re: Ibinabo Is Born Again by Echidime(m): 5:49am On Sep 26, 2010
@Dolemite:

I can provide hot sexy lesbians for you to make your wish happen,get in touch: jim4ray28@yahoo.com
Re: Ibinabo Is Born Again by truly: 12:31pm On Sep 26, 2010
Tcrack:

If I mistakenly take acid, will anything happen to me?
She DELIBERATELY and CONSCIOUSLY took alcohol and then proceeded to drive
She killed somebody in the process - so she is guilty
The law against drunk driving stops people from deliberately impairing their senses, commiting a crime and pleading unconsciouness

And I don't know the meaning of forgiveness
But I know that putting her in jail will serve as a deterrent
Otherwise, I have a magical excuse - I kill somebody, repent, become born again, seek forgiveness and go away scot free
Re: Ibinabo Is Born Again by truly: 12:35pm On Sep 26, 2010
kola oloye:

Not before the conviction.
She has been convicted twice
1st time, she was fined N100,000 by a magistrate court, a punishment not allowed by the criminal code for manslaughter
Lagos state appealed and took the case back to a high court
She was sentenced to prison - I think 5 years
But she has been involved in some fancy legal and emotional blackmail - she is ill, she is a mother, what will happen to her baby etc
Re: Ibinabo Is Born Again by Redman44(m): 1:12pm On Sep 26, 2010
@Nairalanders,

Ibinabo made a mistake and she has been through hell in recent years due to the legal battles she has had to fight. Yeah, she killed Dr Suraj Giwa accidentally. Yeah, she was under the influence of alcohol and all that. I bet if Dr Giwa's killer was not a celebrity, the case would have been buried a long time ago. It is just that Fiberesima is a celebrity and well known face and that is why the case has dragged on for so long. We know of Government officials that have hit people on the road and have gotten away with it. I believe Ibinabo has learnt her lessons and she will be a better woman in future. She has a lot to offer the Nigerian Entertainment Industry and I can't wait to meet her for some projects I have in Mind. Cheers.
Re: Ibinabo Is Born Again by spikedcylinder: 2:42pm On Sep 26, 2010
Redman44:

@Nairalanders,

Ibinabo made a mistake and she has been through hell in recent years due to the legal battles she has had to fight. Yeah, she killed Dr Suraj Giwa accidentally. Yeah, she was under the influence of alcohol and all that. [size=15pt]I bet if Dr Giwa's killer was not a celebrity, the case would have been buried a long time ago.[/size] It is just that Fiberesima is a celebrity and well known face and that is why the case has dragged on for so long. We know of Government officials that have hit people on the road and have gotten away with it. I believe Ibinabo has learnt her lessons and she will be a better woman in future. She has a lot to offer the Nigerian Entertainment Industry and I can't wait to meet her for some projects I have in Mind. Cheers.

What kind of rubbish did you just spew? Do you have brain disease?
Re: Ibinabo Is Born Again by Redman44(m): 4:23pm On Sep 26, 2010
@Spikedcylinder,

I'm not spewing rubbish. If it was a normal Nigerian citizen that killed Dr Giwa, the accused would have been let off after paying a heavy fine [ Many Nigerians do not even have enough disposable income so to speak ] or jailed immediately. There have been many cases like Ibinabo's due to driving under the influence of alchohol but these cases have not dragged on in court for so long. People get killed weekly in Nigeria by careless drivers and it is either the careless drivers are made to pay a big fine after so much passionate begging and all that sad sad or they are jailed and later released. Ibinabo Fiberesima's case is different because she is a well known face. Stop behaving as if you don't know how things play out in Nigeria. Even after paying a huge fine and being spared jail, the Lagos State Government is still trying to hang her cry cry What about the person that hit and killed Tony Tonero [ Paul IK Dairo's bandmate and freind ]? What was done to him?

And you say I've got brain disease? Who knows you? You're just a local champion on Nairaland lipsrsealed lipsrsealed How many respected Nigerians have you dined and wined with? It is people like you that are turning Seun's website into a den of egomaniacs. Just go and sit down if you have nothing meaningful to contribute to this thread. Cheers.
Re: Ibinabo Is Born Again by Nobody: 5:47pm On Sep 26, 2010
Redman44:

@Spikedcylinder,

I'm not spewing rubbish. If it was a normal Nigerian citizen that killed Dr Giwa, the accused would have been let off after paying a heavy fine [ Many Nigerians do not even have enough disposable income so to speak ] or jailed immediately. There have been many cases like Ibinabo's due to driving under the influence of alchohol but these cases have not dragged on in court for so long. People get killed weekly in Nigeria by careless drivers and it is either the careless drivers are made to pay a big fine after so much passionate begging and all that sad sad or they are jailed and later released. Ibinabo Fiberesima's case is different because she is a well known face. Stop behaving as if you don't know how things play out in Nigeria. Even after paying a huge fine and being spared jail, the Lagos State Government is still trying to hang her cry cry What about the person that hit and killed Tony Tonero [ Paul IK Dairo's bandmate and freind ]? What was done to him?

And you say I've got brain disease? Who knows you? You're just a local champion on Nairaland lipsrsealed lipsrsealed How many respected Nigerians have you dined and wined with? It is people like you that are turning Seun's website into a den of egomaniacs. Just go and sit down if you have nothing meaningful to contribute to this thread. Cheers.

would be nice to see if you would have such generous views if it had been your dad
Re: Ibinabo Is Born Again by AloyEmeka5: 6:00pm On Sep 26, 2010
Seriously, what do you people expect Ibinabo to do?. To resurrect the dead or commit suicide in order to show her mortification?. All of us make mistakes and there are many drunk drivers who ply our roads at the expense of commuters daily but they get away with it. What she did was wrong and she has paid a price for it, so no need to crucify her further.

Forgiveness as written in the bible and quran is not an easy thing as we make it out to be.
Re: Ibinabo Is Born Again by Nobody: 6:24pm On Sep 26, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Seriously, what do you people expect Ibinabo to do?. To resurrect the dead or commit suicide in order to show her mortification?. All of us make mistakes and there are many drunk drivers who ply our roads at the expense of commuters daily but they get away with it. What she did was wrong and she has paid a price for it, so no need to crucify her further.

Forgiveness as written in the bible and quran is not an easy thing as we make it out to be.

in saudi arabia any kind of manslaughter is an offense you DO NOT want to get into

in western societies

http://www.whitedlawfirm.com/dui-thecrime.html

Felony DUI – Serious Injury or Death

If a person is DUI, as described above, and causes or contributes to the cause of a crash involving serious injury, the person is subject to being charged with a DUI - Serious Injury. It is a third degree felony, level 7 offense, subject to five years in the state prison. The Florida Sentencing Guidelines apply. The maximum sentence is five years in the state prison. The minimum mandatory sentence is calculated based on various factors including victim injury points. The mandatory fine is the same as a "Felony DUI." There is a mandatory minimum three year driver's license revocation.

If the person is DUI, as described above, and causes or contributes to the cause of a crash involving death, the person is subject to being charged with DUI-Manslaughter. It is a second degree felony, level 8 offense, subject to 15 years in the state prison. The Florida Sentencing Guidelines apply. Without going into the details, a single death carries a minimum of approximately 10 years in prison. There is a mandatory permanent revocation of the driver's license.

http://www.losangelesduiattorneyblog.com/2010/01/sentencing_issued_in_southern_1.html

Sentencing Issued in Southern California DUI Manslaughter Case

Last Friday, Corporal Elijah Fergusson (22) was sentenced for Southern California DUI manslaughter for a February 22nd, 2008 car accident that resulted in the death of an area doctor, Dr. Michael Sein.

On the night of the accident, Fergusson, a young marine who had just returned from a tour of duty in Iraq, had been playing drinking games on his marine base. His friends hid his car keys. But then Fergusson got into a phone altercation with his wife, who threatened to leave him. Determined to see her and his young child, the marine allegedly bullied his subordinates into letting him drive a Dodge Cavalier. But he got lost on the way to his house and ended up on McArthur Boulevard, where he slammed into the back of Seins’ vehicle at 74 mph.

Fergusson’s attorneys had argued that the marine got PTSD on his tour of duty in Iraq and that therefore he should be let off with a more lenient sentence. In the end, Judge Ronald Bauer of Superior Court agreed with the Deputy District Attorney’s recommendation of 15 years to life for the DUI manslaughter. (The family of the victim had asked for a 21 year to life term.)

The distinction between Southern California DUI vehicular manslaughter and DUI murder can be subtle. Most non experts assume that charges of vehicular manslaughter, gross vehicular manslaughter while intoxicated, and DUI murder are interchangeable. But in fact they are extremely different. They carry different penalties and require different burdens of proof.

http://www.broward-dui-lawyer.com/2010/07/12yearsentence-for-miami-dui-m.html

12-year-sentence for Miami DUI manslaughter accident that killed Maryland tourists
July 5, 2010

Posted In: Charged with DUI , Florida DUI Manslaughter
By Carlos A. Canet on July 5, 2010 12:03 PM | Permalink

A 56-year-old man has been sentenced to 12 years in prison for a Miami drunk driving accident that killed two Maryland tourists, the Miami Herald reported.

A Miami-Dade judge issued the sentence after the defendant pleaded guilty to two county of DUI manslaughter. Authorities say his blood-alcohol level was nearly three-times the legal limit when he swerved into the oncoming lane and crashed into a pair of retired school teachers in February 2009. He was driving on a suspended license from a previous DUI in Broward County at the time of the accident.

The New-Times reports that the accident happened on Tamiami Trail. The defendant was found unconscious in his truck with a case of beer on the front seat. The sentence came as part of a plea agreement with the State Attorney's Office. The defendant will also serve 10 years of probation, had his driver's license permanently revoked and was ordered to pay $142,000 in restitution to the victims.

He had previous DUI charges in 1997 and 2004. He received probation for the former, while the later was dismissed.

if only these people had all turned 'born again'
Re: Ibinabo Is Born Again by AloyEmeka5: 6:34pm On Sep 26, 2010
oyb:

in saudi arabia any kind of manslaughter is an offense you DO NOT want to get into

in western societies

if only these people had all turned 'born again'

I did not say she didn't commit an offense but she has been punished accordingly. May be not as Nigerians want her to be punished even though there is no forensic evidence of her drunkenness except  hearsay. In Saudi Arabia, drinking alcohol alone can get your hand amputated and the punishment could be more severe for drunkenness but she did not get drink in Saudi Arabia, did she?.

What do you people want her to do so as to compensate for that crime?. Kill herself or what?
Re: Ibinabo Is Born Again by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 26, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

I did not say she didn't commit an offense but she has been punished accordingly. May be not as Nigerians want her to be punished even though there is no forensic evidence of her drunkenness except  hearsay. In Saudi Arabia, drinking alcohol alone can get your hand amputated and the punishment could be more severe for drunkenness but she did not get drink in Saudi Arabia, did she?.

What do you people want her to do so as to compensate for that crime?. Kill herself or what?

1) we are talking about manslaughter, not drinking alcohol. in saudi arabia, at the very least you will remit a very big sum of blood money to the family. this even applies to doctors found culpable of malpractice
2) there is no amputation for drinking punishments
3)she has not been punished. she has been sentenced and ordered to report to kirikiri and she is just dodging

[img]http://4.bp..com/_u3lFqBksmrE/TJsHKSHB9kI/AAAAAAAAhw8/6L9jU-5M6mY/s400/30795_433014129358_684449358_5581235_5576093_n.jpg[/img]

if you were the wife or child of the man she killed, struggling, gray haired trying to pay bills, how would you feel at this murderer blathering about being 'born again'

will taht change anything?

let her go and pay her debt to society. ad let it be a lesson to drunk drivers everywhere. biatch
Re: Ibinabo Is Born Again by tunnytox(m): 6:43pm On Sep 26, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

firstly, pls take Bible or Koran out of this picture becos not everyone is religious. Secondly, its easy to preach forgiveness if you are not the one affected but I'm sure if its one of your loved one that is mowed down and killed by this celebrity you'll surelly be singing a different tune.
Thirdly, I have no problem with Ibinabo if she is set free after a due court process or alternatively if she was able to reach out to the victim's family and agree on some sort solution (this happen a lot of times even in the Europe). What I'm disgusted with is her attitude of trying by all means to use her celebrity status to ensure she escaped prosecution, I think this attitude is not only selfish but despicable. You are entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine, as far as I know if the normal due process of law has been followed there is no drunk driver any where in the world that will not go to jail for killing under the influence.

Also your excuse that many Nigerians go away with the same offence hold no water in fact I find it very stupid than anyone will make such statement, do you want to tell me that because many armed robbers go scot free you'll try to do the same? and if you are caught they should let you go free? Think about it very well.
Re: Ibinabo Is Born Again by Nobody: 6:44pm On Sep 26, 2010
[img]http://www.helpjacqui.com/images/photos/Photo_JacquiAndAmadeoAtAwards_581x300.jpg
[/img]
[img]http://2.bp..com/_GpIqc5vZK3c/SMdnwBUsReI/AAAAAAAA2mM/ppj-p_TOW9A/s400/07.jpg[/img]

this is an example of the sort of pain a drunk driver can cause

do you think all the remorse of the guy responsible for  this can change anything?  undecided
Re: Ibinabo Is Born Again by Nobody: 6:47pm On Sep 26, 2010
tunnytox:

firstly, pls take Bible or Koran out of this picture becos not everyone is religious. Secondly, its easy to preach forgiveness if you are not the one affected but I'm sure if its one of your loved one that is mowed down and killed by this celebrity you'll surelly be singing a different tune.
Thirdly, I have no problem with Ibinabo if she is set free after a due court process or alternatively if she was able to reach out to the victim's family and agree on some sort solution (this happen a lot of times even in the Europe). What I'm disgusted with is her attitude of trying by all means to use her celebrity status to ensure she escaped prosecution, I think this attitude is not only selfish but despicable. You are entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine, as far as I know if the normal due process of law has been followed there is no drunk driver any where in the world that will not go to jail for killing under the influence.

Also your excuse that many Nigerians go away with the same offence hold no water in fact I find it very silly than anyone will make such statement, do you want to tell me that because [b]many armed robbers go scot free [/b]you'll try to do the same? and if you are caught they should let you go free? Think about it very well.

i have read of some armed robbers who have become 'born again' and i have wondered if that will somehow unrob / unrap-e / unruin the lives of their victims.
Re: Ibinabo Is Born Again by tunnytox(m): 6:52pm On Sep 26, 2010
@oyb
Thanks for your contribution most of the people talking about forgiveness here are typical Nigerians who believed in prefential treatment to some people just because of their position in the society. This woman has never even asked for forgiveness all she does is trying to avoid serving her jail term by using cheap blackmail and 'long leg'

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos: Meet The Girl With The Most Popular Natural Dreadlocks On Instagram And / (PICS) Katy Perry Twerks In A Bikini On A Yacht / How I Was Embarrased By D'banj - Fuji Star, Pasuma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.