Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,153 members, 7,903,820 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 09:29 PM

Gay Pastor Escapes Mob Attack In Lagos - Crime (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gay Pastor Escapes Mob Attack In Lagos (17685 Views)

Pastor Escapes From Kidnappers As They Sleep In Edo (Photo) / ASP Escapes Mob Lynching After He Raped 9-yr-old Girl / Photo: Nigerian Man With Female Breasts & Multiple Sex Organs Escape Mob Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Go Down)

Re: Gay Pastor Escapes Mob Attack In Lagos by lekwas: 2:32pm On Sep 28, 2010
@ ruba Slipa: Sorry, the date was wrong- The correct date is Wednesday October 13 2010.  That done, without meaning to engage in any form of bantering with you, I think you are one of the irrational few on NL who only seat down, amuse yourself by picking holes in other peoples commentaries. Whether they be 'cradle robbers', 'rapists' or downright perverts, they should be exposed and dealt with. How do you see a situation where the laws of 'the of the land' do not guarantee the safety and security of her citizens? If people decide to take the laws into their hands, in order to make a point, will that mean I am a hypocrite? I was thought that change could either be gradual or drastic. Either way, there is change. If that will make the responsible authorities take action when these cases are reported then something has been achieved. I'd rather a few depraved minds be used as scape goats in order to achieve change for the general good.

To further enlighten you, any sexual activity that does not conform to what is generally believed and accepted as normal is a perversion. The boys in question are children and have been lured, cajoled or hypnotized by the abuser, so I do not get what you mean by you first commentary. That these perverts are everywhere and do these things everyday does not make it right.

The question here is not who is involved is the act in itself, it does not have to be a woman or girl, the fact that a child who did not consent willingly (off cause children can not consent under any circumsatance) is involved makes it a worthy cause to focus on.

I am sure the rally will go well and I will surely report back to this forum on the outcomes and more. If you are in Lagos, and you are not ‘GAY’ or fall into any of the categories of abusers mentioned above, find time to be a part of the rally. (This is a special invitation to ruba slipa)
Re: Gay Pastor Escapes Mob Attack In Lagos by chinedumo(m): 2:41pm On Sep 28, 2010
judging by the response exhibited on this thread
it is not hard to understand why what happened in this thread did so

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-478027.0.html

because it is the same mentality that produced such action
Re: Gay Pastor Escapes Mob Attack In Lagos by Nobody: 2:47pm On Sep 28, 2010
I propose that this thread is locked seeing as most people are now just engaging in personal polemics.
Re: Gay Pastor Escapes Mob Attack In Lagos by Sagamite(m): 3:03pm On Sep 28, 2010
chinedumo:

judging by the response exhibited on this thread
it is not hard to understand why what happened in this thread did so

because it is the same mentality that produced such action

Now we have another one comparing homosexual condemnation to religious bigotry. undecided
Re: Gay Pastor Escapes Mob Attack In Lagos by rubaslipa: 4:03pm On Sep 28, 2010
Sagamite:

Now we have another one comparing homosexual condemnation to religious bigotry.  undecided

It's not surprising. Wasn't it you and similar homophobes shouting and squealing that the guy in this case should be burnt and killed a few pages ago? The number of people calling for 'mob action' and 'jungle justice' in this thread has been amazing - especially since most of them know nothing about the subject.

In your own favourite words: 'kill them sloooowly!'. Er, that sounds like torture [/b]to me. Or were you joking?

Being gay is not the one in 10,000 like r@pists and paedophiles. It's quite common. There's a good chance some of you homophobes and religiously blind commenters will have gay children.

My question: what will you do then? After you pray for your child, and that doesn't work, [b]you will throw them to the mob to be tortured and torn apart
, no be so? Right?  wink

I don't need enlightening. The rabid religious, the backward, the poorly-informed and the in-the-closet homophobic want all gays to be killed, and no discussion of the subject. The better-educated, humane and progressive types want to 'live and let live'.

That's it.

@Tensor:
Rather than shut down debate by locking the whole thread, why not ban the culprits who repeatedly spoil the thread by constantly starting cycles of personal abuse? I can give you one or two hints if you don't know and you can't read back through the thread.
Re: Gay Pastor Escapes Mob Attack In Lagos by chinedumo(m): 4:25pm On Sep 28, 2010
Sagamite:

Now we have another one comparing homosexual condemnation to religious bigotry. undecided

it doesn't
matter the name they go by it is all done with the same intention

To u homosexuality is hectically to African culture/religion

The catholic church also finds some people hectical to their own doctrines including homosexuals
as exhibited in this thread

Re: Gay Pastor Escapes Mob Attack In Lagos by kingrio: 8:36pm On Sep 28, 2010
some one should check our constitution and confirm that homosexuality is still 5 years in prison if caught. abi the thing don disappear from there??

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9)

EFCC Arrests 8 For Internet Fraud In Makurdi / US Indicts Two Nigerians In $3.3 Million House Rent Scheme In Nevada / Police Brutality: Lawyer Replies SP Benjamin Hundeyin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.