Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,402 members, 7,891,764 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 06:35 PM

Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 - Investment (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 (80102 Views)

How To Be Rich In Nigeria / Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time / Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by cheexy: 1:13am On Jun 21, 2007
easimoni:

@ Cheexy,

play nice.
Ok i will, but the guy and his crystal ball are annoying
@Omoba3
I dey o
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by oxytech: 1:16am On Jun 21, 2007
@easimoni and gurus,

How does BASIC FUNDAMENTALS VS TECHNICAL analysis help in a "corrupt" prone environment like ours?

With all I ve read, basic fundamentals are quite tricky, and Technical analysis could be staged rumors.

Using P/E as an examplesadP/E=Share value/EPS).
Depending on how earnings are calculated you can get up to 4 different forms of EPS, which can be used to get 4 different P/E 's. for THE SAME company, if they so desire.
A company can legitimately report ANY one it desires to the press, and even manipulate the main "Reported EPS" sent to SEC. .

Also, you could have diluted EPS, whereby the outstanding shares has been stretched to a larger value.

A lot can be legitimately manipulated:
-hiding expenses under non recurring expense so as to exclude it while calc. earnings.
-including one-off profitable event as if it is an ongoing income just to spike up the earnings.
-expenses hiding under "unusual expenses" and excluded in earning calc.
, etc.

And all these are all legitimate!
Basically, the game is to increase/decrease the numerator/denominator.

There are other ratios and ways to check a lot of things, but you had better be a serious "effico", or an accountant/degreed analyst , etc

e no easi o!!
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by aylala2002(m): 11:28am On Jun 21, 2007
Gud morning all!!! Easimoni, frank,omoba, cheek girl, et al i salute ur ingenuity

This thread is arguably the most informative, educative and financially rewarding thread in the history of business forum in nairaland. The collection of gurus in the house is enough to cause a stir in the world market as the Nigerian financial System strategises/focuses on capturing the entire African market by 2020 as affirmed by Soludo - CBN Governor.

Nairalanders can attest to the fact that my predictions on some very salient stocks have already come to pass, many thanks to all my well wishers all over the world who have kept my fone lines very busy day-in,day-out, thanks for your encouragements and prayers, i didnt make u a millionaire, but God did!!!

All doubting Thomas and Thomases, get out of ur shell and get a gud fund manager to make ur investment decision for u, then u can go to sleep! Some of them are on this thread.

@ oxytech, u re rite abt the short comings of analysis, but analysis is still working, it has been working since the inception of the Stock Market.

The origin of stock markets goes back a couple of centuries. The roots
of stock markets are to be found at the beginnings of the Industrial
Revolution that began in Europe about four centuries ago.

A company cannot cook its books for 2 long, u'll have to carryover accrued liabilities/expenses which will soon hit the public and the market will adjust to the intrisic value of the stock, some quoted Nigerian coys are already being punished already for this.

Check out my hot list which have performed well in the last few weeks, Oceanic, UBA, Diamond, MB, Union Bank, Skye, Bank PHB, Wema, FCMB and even Evans,

The NSE trading is not affected by NLC strike as trading continued yeaterday, but, the market is currently down, has been down in the last three days, risk-avert investors should hold on as we await today's outcome. the bearish atmosphere in the market could be attribited to two factors

1. Investors are selling/taking profit in order to beat the deadline of the BIG HYBRID OFERR of First bank of Nigeria Plc which should have closed today, but i believe there will be an extension by two weeks because of the lingering crisis btw the govt and the labour union which resulted in the closure of banks and most rights holders have not yet recieved their rights circular. The massive sales have thus resulted in the drop of prices across the board, so pls dont panic, cos the market cld be up today if an extension of the offer still holds. Time value of money is actually being considered that's why investors wait for the last days before purchasing public offers asmoney cld be made be made on the secondary market transactions between the opening the closing period. THE ELEPHANT (First bank) HAS CAUSED A DIP IN THE MARKET!!! What a capition! cool

2. Investors cld also be on the selling spree cos of their uncertainties and apprehensiveness on the outcome of the strike and the effects thereof. Political instability has always been a bane on any economy.

The All Share Index firmed minimally by 0.01% yesterday dropping below the 50,000 points mark. Most banking and insurance stocks dropped (thats where the action is cheesy)

For risk takers, i think this is the time to buy barring all unforseen circumstances, as i believe the market will surely come alive today.

My hot picks, based on the specifics;
Royalex; Sovereign Trust, Oceanic, UBA, Prestige, Vitafoam, Longman, UPL, Skye, Firstinland lipsrsealed, AP, Wema, MBenefit, FCMB, IBTC, Berger Paints, Afrprint, Bank PHB, Sterling,

If u can get Continental Re: and Custodyins, then GUD FOR U!

Risk averters, sell ur Nascon for profit 2morrow. Risk-takers hold on for the 60 kobo dividend promised by Dangote by Full year 31st Dec. 2007

These stocks have made me rich, it could make you rich 2!

I might not be able to reply all questions online, my mobile reltel is still on +234-01-4041391

I Remain Ay Dot for life
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Tmoni(m): 12:46pm On Jun 21, 2007
@ayala,
would give a call during the weekend,
lets see what we can do as per funds management
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Panadol(m): 2:34pm On Jun 21, 2007
BGL Securities or Vetiva as a Stockbroker? Please pick one and why?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Tmoni(m): 10:50am On Jun 22, 2007
pls, can anyone confirm if the stock exchange DG would be at the event in london,
i would really like to have a one on one discussion with her,
and how possible would it be,

pls, answer would be required urgently so i can get a flight to london,
cheers to all
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by wynn: 2:06pm On Jun 22, 2007
thanks every contributor on this thread, i really like the forecasts that actually comes from these thread.

I will appreciate if anyone can really teach me his/her own strategy of picking stock for short term investment.

what will you advice, i have some units of Pz and Nigeria Breweries which are not really appreciating should i sell or hold. I really need to return the fund invested after 8 months.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 2:25pm On Jun 22, 2007
@ aylala2002,

by now u must be tired of people calling you "ayala"  wink Nice post on why the market tanked early this week. You should post more often, after all, the thread is yours.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by dollyp1cute(f): 4:13pm On Jun 22, 2007
@easimoni

Have you ever verified the stocks you have with Leads and your CSCS number withe NSE?

How did you do it cos I am frustrated with the info on NSE, should i just turn up and pay the N2500 to their account.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 5:19pm On Jun 22, 2007
@ Dollyp1cute,
no I never have. Maybe I should.

I think if you get your CSCS account update on the Lead website, that should be good enough. Unless you have trust issues with Lead.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by abocana: 4:54am On Jun 23, 2007
hi guys, can anyone tell me when dangote flour mills and obajala cement will come to the public.

I will like to know,if dangote flour will appreaciate like dangote sugar in the near future.

Thanks very much guys.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Vitastraka(m): 10:17am On Jun 23, 2007
Remember

Dangote is the incarnation of KING MIDAS himself!
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by segedoo(m): 2:47pm On Jun 24, 2007
well, u can say so but do you know that the guy dey use our money as leverage to get richer?
Or why do you think he is suddenly taking individual companies of the D Group and selling about
33% of his stake in each?

The other side is that he's enriching some of us too.LOL grin

Hello again everyone, i have been a regular reader/silent observer. there are some competent
people on the blog starting with the owner i troway salute and some who just "ÿarn opata"

On a more serious note:

AS WE CONTINUE TO INVEST IN THE STOCK MARKET AND LEARN, LET'S ALSO REMEMBER THAT THE RICHEST
MEN IN ANY ECONOMY ARE PEOPLE WHO BUILT THEIR OWN BUSINESSES AND FLOATED THEM ON THE STOCK EXCHANGE ,

From Mr. Gates all the way down to Mr. j.a Paul of the Japaul fame on the NSE.

let's think about building our businesses too and selling the shares someday while we keep buying the right shares and getting richer. grin

God Bless
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by crazyT(m): 4:18pm On Jun 24, 2007
@ easimoni and the other guru's

A quick question:

I acquired about 50,000 unit of Lasaco when it was 1.80kobo. My question; now that  "big elephant" fever is affecting the NSE and all Insurance stocks seems to be nose diving, do you think it's adviseable to acquire more of Lasaco now?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by windywendy(f): 2:19am On Jun 25, 2007
abocana:

hi guys, can anyone tell me when dangote flour mills and obajala cement will come to the public.

I will like to know,if dangote flour will appreaciate like dangote sugar in the near future.

Thanks very much guys.

My broker informed me that dangote flour will be out about July 9 and will last for only 2 weeks. I hear obajana is slated for December.

As to your question of whether dangote flour will appreciate like DSR . . . Hmmmm, wouldn't we all like to know the answer to this question with regard to all stocks  Perhaps BIGBOYLARY can look into his crystal  ball as usual and tell you what he sees  cheesy grin
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by abocana: 3:53am On Jun 25, 2007
hi guys,once again, do u anyone know the price offer of Dangote flour mills?

i hope it will be possible to download the form online. i spent over $100 to send first bank form by courier to my broker in lagos.

It will be better to download and send to nigeria. i'm really looking to buy reasonable quanity cuz.,i regreted buying 10,000unit of DSR last november
while in nigeria.

i will really appeariate to know any upcoming stock in the market soon.

Thanks guys.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by segedoo(m): 6:26pm On Jun 25, 2007
guys, guys , take it easy

this euphoria shouldn't keep us from doing our financial statement analysis and comparative research.

the thing is: you can't buy every share so why don't you take the time and be sure of what you are buying.

i'm a little curious, dangote just dey sell parts of more of his companies. the way he is going he'd have floated
6 companies in 2 years. WHY?

i find that rather strange. he has pedigree, yes but let's just be careful. just becos na dangote doesnt mean we shld jump at it or at any other stock for that matter.

and for those eager to buy dangote flour, remember other flourmills on the NSE. Dangote sugar had and still has no competitor.

Also, do you know there are some companies whose offices are closed temporarily for what ever reason and their stocks keep on appreciating!

Before buying any stock find out about their liquidity,solvency & capital structure and ROI ratios and above all their CASHFLOW and the MANAGEMENT team.

personally, i think dangote( the man )'s not too liquid.

if you miss any offer no big deal. GOD IS THE SOURCE OF ALL WEALTH.

there are stocks that have done between 500-3000% on the same NSE over a time period and they were "unknown" prior to that time.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by abocana: 7:01pm On Jun 25, 2007
ok! segedoo,can u kindly give me a list of companies u think can give me over 100% of my money
in the next 2yrs.

i am eagerly waiting to see other people comments on my messenge.

Thank very much.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by hbrednic: 9:17pm On Jun 25, 2007
DSR's worst nightmare will be there Brasillian sugar suppliers new romance with bio diessel.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by diva4eva(f): 10:01pm On Jun 25, 2007
HI peeps,
Pls i need this info urgently. Is dangote sugar shares certificate out. pls respond
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by hbrednic: 12:20am On Jun 26, 2007
@diva4eva
yeah the cert. is out.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by abocana: 2:06am On Jun 26, 2007
i received mine mid-may by post.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by diva4eva(f): 3:58am On Jun 26, 2007
pls concerning the dangote share certificates, how come it took about 5 months to come out whereas intercontinental is taking about 8 month. this info is needed urgently. pls respond
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by DisGuy: 4:26am On Jun 26, 2007
thats is the way it is in nigeria- that is normal, people are use to it now especialy IPOs i think it has to do with CBN or SEC verifying funds and so on.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by bash249(m): 3:15pm On Jun 26, 2007
diva4eva
If u hav not gotten ur DSR cert, then call Zenith registrars, they would tell u if ur cert has been sent or not.

On the other hand, all bank offers has to be checked by CBN which takes real time, however other non-bank coys, CBN does not worry so much about them.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by crazyT(m): 6:03pm On Jun 26, 2007
@ WINDYWENDY, EASIMONI and other GURU's

Someone just paid me 600,000 Naira (payment for a car) and I will like to invest the money, can you help in suggest good stocks to acquire

Please be urgent with your responce  (I am not in Nigeria) before my peeps go chop the money, come start to dey yarn me me stories.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by joshO: 9:53pm On Jun 26, 2007
before my peeps go chop the money, come start to dey yarn me me stories.
shocked shocked
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 12:33am On Jun 27, 2007
@ CrazyT,

The closer I look at this market, the more difficult it is to pick stocks. If I can't pick holes in any company, Frank, wanaj0 or Wendy can. If I must pick, I like GTBank.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by cheexy: 1:42am On Jun 27, 2007
@windywendy
That is so funny!!!
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by cheexy: 1:53am On Jun 27, 2007
easimoni:

@ CrazyT,

The closer I look at this market, the more difficult it is to pick stocks. If I can't pick holes in any company, Frank, wanaj0 or Wendy can. If I must pick, I like GTBank.

@All,
My strategy is to chill for zenith bank to issue to rumoured bonus afterwhich the price will be adjusted. If they don't issue the expected bonus, people will drop it like it is hot! GTB seems cool but i will wait a bit because once the FBN offer draws to an end and dangote flour comes out, people will offload and prices will come crashing (except the PFAs aka money miss road come in). May and Baker and Japaul seem good for medium term. May and Baker because of the vaccine thing and Japaul because they will float a public offer in september (naija lo wa,  if you get my drift) and they are the only quoted company in the maritime subsector. Please what do you guys think of ABC transport and GREIF?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by abocana: 3:15am On Jun 27, 2007
honestly!i'm always excited reading people comments particularly on this topic.

seun,thanks very much 4 creating this website, it very informative particularly for us living abroad.

I WILL BE GREATFUL,IF SOMEONE CAN NOTIFY US WHENEVER DANGOTE FLOUR IS OUT. I knew couple of
    friends too  waiting to buy.

Thank guys.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by cheexy: 4:13am On Jun 27, 2007
abocana:

honestly!i'm always excited reading people comments particularly on this topic.

seun,thanks very much 4 creating this website, it very informative particularly for us living abroad.

I WILL BE GREATFUL,IF SOMEONE CAN NOTIFY US WHENEVER DANGOTE FLOUR IS OUT. I knew couple of
friends too waiting to buy.

Thank guys.
Will keep you posted

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (46) (Reply)

"Option C" Investors Storm Oko Oloyun’s Office To Demand Their Money / CBN Warns Nigerians Against “MMM”, Calls It Wonder Bank / Crowdfunding Investment Platforms And Options (non Agritech Categories)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.