Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,403 members, 7,891,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 06:42 PM

Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 - Investment (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 (80104 Views)

How To Be Rich In Nigeria / Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time / Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Kashif(m): 8:32am On Jul 18, 2007
windywendy, wanaj0, easimoni, frankiriri, all gurus,

Somebody told me that Ecobank is a very good buy now. I am not good at all these analysis so, what do you guys think please?

I await your candid response. Regards.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by nossycheek(f): 11:11am On Jul 18, 2007
MyPeace:

l work with Trans Express, l must tell you that we are doing well. lf you ever see the shares please do buy them, l wanted to buy them but couldnt see them on the floor.

a question please,
l have been buying from PO, but just bought from the secondary market through a frnd who helped me. though l have not gottn any response from her, but just got a Text Msg on my phone from NSE Tradealert on the purchase, which quoted an account no and the name of the stock broker firm, Does this mean that l now have a CSCS ACCOUNT please answer me.

You now have a CSCS account of course. The Tradealert will be sent to you on every sale and purchase of shares.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Kashif(m): 11:30am On Jul 18, 2007
It appears I am not getting any response on this post cry cry

Once more, is there anybody who knows the prospects of Ecobank? I also need help on how to get a trade alert

Please answer me
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by freelance(m): 12:20pm On Jul 18, 2007
I feel Ecobank might be a good long term buy.
Since they are also planning a PO.
I am sure they would want to inflate their prices a bit.

Personally, I feel it's ok for the long term.

Take care and all the best.

Cheers!
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Kashif(m): 1:03pm On Jul 18, 2007
Thanks freelance. Any idea when the PO will be coming please?

@All,

Trade alert please. wink
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by MyPeace(f): 1:20pm On Jul 18, 2007
nossycheek:

You now have a CSCS account of course. The Tradealert will be sent to you on every sale and purchase of shares.

Thank you very much for answering my question.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 18, 2007
INFO ON LIVESTOCK FEEDS WAS GOTTEN FROM TWO SOURCES
INSIDER INFO AT THE NGERIAN STOCK EXCHANGE AND FROM FINANCIAL STANDARD OF LAST WEEK MONDAY.
CHECK THE MIDDLE PAGES, CAN' T REALLY REMEMBER THE EXACT PAGES FROM FINANCIAL STANDARD.

THE MAIN SOURCE OF THE INFO ON LIVESTOCK FEEDS WAS GIVEN TO ME FROM A RELIABLE SOURCE FROM THE COMPANY.

THEY HAVE JUST REFURBISHED FOUR MILLS IN THE NORTHERN PART OF NIGERIA AND EXPECTED TO GATHER PLENTY PROFITS FROM THOSE MILLS THIS QUARTER
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by DisGuy: 4:02pm On Jul 18, 2007
Does anyone have information about the proposed third tier listings on the NSE for SME companies?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by NBA(m): 9:28pm On Jul 18, 2007
Kashif:

Thanks freelance. Any idea when the PO will be coming please?

@All,

Trade alert please. wink

Here is the link,
http://www.nse-cscstradealert.com/
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by otokx(m): 8:59am On Jul 19, 2007
What do you guys think about GTBs GDR offer?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by egoldman(m): 4:21pm On Jul 19, 2007
This room is about stocks that could make us rich in 2007 and not about forex angry angry angry
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Gettolove(m): 4:29pm On Jul 19, 2007
@all

what do you think about wema bank shares, I think the rebranding would help move the market value in the shares. I just bought some units recently.

You can also monitor share prices and learn more about all the listed companies @ www.cashcraft.com
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 4:36pm On Jul 19, 2007
@ Egoldman, thank you o jare!

@ Gettolove, rebranding no go put money for pocket but at least it shows the management is forward thinking. My early retirement plan is tied up in Wema wink. I'm sure the much awaited Full Year result result will show an EPS >60k and a DPS of ~40k. This should push the share towards N20. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by shigidi(m): 5:26pm On Jul 19, 2007
@ easimoni, from u ,aylala , frank and wanajo i have really learnt a lot about eps and pe ratio and all but i have 2 questions 4 u
1) when calculating p/e ratio do u use the latest eps or forecasted eps and if u use the latter where can u get forecasted earnings.
2) in ur last post, u said wema wmight get to the 2o naira range, how dp u predict a specific price based on these calculations
thanks for your time
and aylala, where have u bin mennnnnn!!!!!!!
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Gettolove(m): 5:46pm On Jul 19, 2007
@easimoni

Dont you think the current market of bank PHB has been a result of re branding.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Kashif(m): 5:50pm On Jul 19, 2007
Thanks NBA. wink
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 6:27pm On Jul 19, 2007
@ Shigidi
1) The standard way to calculate PE is to use trailing EPSs. In English, you use EPS over the last four quarters. The best way to calculate what a stock will be worth in your time window is to use forecasted EPS. Where can you get forecasted EPS you ask? That's why I joined this forum; looking for gist that'll help me refine my forecasted EPS! Most analysts project at the company's current growth rate. No guarantee the company can keep it up. Just check out AP's results today. I just wait for Big Boy Larry's CRYSTAL BALLLLLLL (sorry Larry, couldn't resist) grin

2) the math: Issued shares = 10.19B, PAT projections = N6-7B, EPS = ~60+k. If PE of 30 is reasonable price = 30*0.6 = N18+. Is a PE of 30 optimistic? Of course but the gist is the 9 months was 5.4B so 6B for FY may be conservative.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 6:35pm On Jul 19, 2007
Gettolove:

@easimoni

Dont you think the current market of bank PHB has been a result of re branding.

No I don't. I think people have been mislead by the share reconstruction (N5.43 to N17.1) to think that the share gained value and some bank officers and analsysts actually marketed it that way. Bottom line is the stock is trading at a forward PE of 31 (using a FY to June PAT of N6B). Not exactly a must-buy.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by frankiriri(m): 9:13pm On Jul 19, 2007
shigidi:

@ easimoni, from u ,aylala , frank and wanajo i have really learnt a lot about eps and pe ratio and all but i have 2 questions for you
1) when calculating p/e ratio do u use the latest eps or forecasted eps and if u use the latter where can u get forecasted earnings.
Use both. You can calculatethe forward EPS by extrapolating from realeased quarterly results. The past PE is only supposed to be a pointer to future performance.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by shigidi(m): 9:43pm On Jul 19, 2007
always on piont. thanks guys grin grin grin
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 2:42pm On Jul 20, 2007
I decided to "google" livestock feeds after the gist posted earlier this week and came up with this.

http://www.stockmarketnigeria.com/2006/11/

Looks like they promised an EPS of 13k during the rights issue. Not good for a company trading at N4.50
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by dollyp1cute(f): 10:00am On Jul 21, 2007
@easimoni, good info.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by jesuseun1(m): 11:23am On Jul 21, 2007
as anyone recieve d share certificate of dunlop and transcorp PO ,I am yet to recieve mine,i

heard that dunlop PO Certificate is out.pls keep me in touch.

also,i need ur advise on these stocks,Japaul,wema,fidelity,Eternal and skyebank. which one of

them will yield a ROI OF about 200% in thye next year.i need ur advise on which one to buy.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by menka(f): 11:58am On Jul 21, 2007
Hello BROTHERS.
I NEED SOMEONE WHO CAN LECTURE ME MORE ON ONE OF THE STOCK BROKEN AGENCY CASHCRAFT ASSESMENT MANAGEMENT. I MET SOMEONE WHO INTRODUCE ME TO THEM. ACTUALLY, I NEED SOMEONE WHO HAS BOUGHT FROM THEM TO TELL ME IF THEY ARE EFFECTIVE AND IF ACTUALLY THE ARE REALL. MUCH EMPHASIS SHOULD BE LAID ON PENSION AND SHARES. PLEASE I NEED AN URGENT ANSWER BEFORE I MAKE MISTAKE.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by otokx(m): 12:39pm On Jul 21, 2007
cashcraft has a very good website and they have surpassed they say the capital base but some people have been complaining about their manner of operation.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by egoldman(m): 6:40pm On Jul 21, 2007
I have been buying all my stocks through cashcraft and i would say that i have mixed feelings about their services , however i think that the kind of brokerage firm u would need might depend on the kind of services u might require especially depending on ur location.
as am not based inside Niger , so i needed firm that have very good online presence and cashcraft was the right one for me .
i would not say that they are effective in every aspect , but am yet to see those that are , in fact Zenithsecuirities who i hold in high esteem seem to have disappointed some people also even with their online presence and 5 million naira minimum .I started with cashcraft with only 40,000 naira and they are yet to tell me that they have increased their minimum .
what i would like you to know is that none of them brokerage firms are 100% in everything and sometimes ur problem may not be with the management of the firm itself but ur account manager or vice versa.one thing you must know is that just like in everything in niger there is always that Nigerian factor, so u must always be at their back to make sure they do what u ask of them , when i give buy orders , i have to call them almost everyday to make sure that my order has been effected .
hope this would help you to make better decision on this ?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by oneyowa(m): 6:49pm On Jul 21, 2007
winkThis link can help on information about brokers directly from The Nigerian Stock Exchange you can click some of the companies to find detail information about them : http://www.ultimateempowerment.org/publicpage.htm
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by aylala2002(m): 6:48pm On Jul 23, 2007
Good all!!! Work has been tooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! demandin,

Market pundits have the believe that the Nigerian Equities Market is witnessing a correction stage in the sense that the market having witnessed a boom in the first-half of the year with stocks returning as much as 900% capital gain, profit-taking has now resulted in the current share price plummet. The mad rush for penny stocks have thus resulted in price rallies across the board. Fundamentals will still continue to dictate stock pricing in any developing market. This is a period of CAUTIOUS-BUY.

INSURANCE

A careful research on the insurance sector has revealed that a stock like LASACO which was overvalued is currently trading at its fair value (below N3.00), the only result from the insurance company was its 3 months result for 31 March in the 2006 fiscal year which showed a decline in PAT to N73 million from N78 million in 2005,

NEM is a N4.00 stock bearing in mind that its new issues are yet to be listed.

Mutual Benefit is a N6.00 stock on the short-term; it should be trading at par with Continental Re: bearing in mind their similar capital base, Crusader is undervalued so also is Wapic,

Cornerstone is another stock which is hibernating, a sudden upside is likely.

Watch out for Aiico, which will soon become a bigger general insurer, we also advice investors to gear-up for position taking in Continental Re (the sole-quoted Re-insurer in Nigeria with a minimum capital base of N10bn), this is a N10 stock on the medium-term to long-term. Custodian is also looking good, while UNIC is a bit dicey for now but with strong future prospects.

BANKING

I regard Access as a ‘sleeper’ for now, once the suspension is lifted. I project N30.00 by March 2008, the bank’s MD is projecting N38.00 for the same period, the management comprises of intelligent individuals who leverage on new innovations in utilizing its funds.

Afribank is a laggard hence efforts are being made to push the price to @ least N20.

FCMB can only shoot higher with a good dividend declaration, Diamond bank is a good HOLD same goes for Platinum (a merger possibility with Afribank is the current market-hearsay), Diamond-First inland is another merger plan in focus.

Wema could do a profit after-tax of N6bn in its full year result for March 2006 which brings it to a fair value of N15.00 per share. Unity is a SELL as it has no fundamentals. Sterling is a long-term buy. You can invest in GTB, Intercont, Oceanic, FBN, Zenith as a long term buy that will yield maximum returns.

UBA’s court case if immaterial will drive the price to above N65 by December. I believe Fidelity’s price is managed by its brokerage subsidiary due to its public offer proposals.

Skye should trade well above Fidelity’s price since Skye has 7bn shares Fidelity has 16bn while the two banks make the same P.A.T in their quarterly un-audited results.

I shall continue to X-ray some other sub-sectors as more interesting scenarios unfold. A sure security against price losses is to buy public offers, though Dunlop was a bad investment.

HOT RAVES OF THE MOMENT!

Niger Insurance, Ecobank (long-term), Royal Exchange, Aiico, Law Union, Intercont, Wapic Oceanic, the list is inexhaustive.

Other goodies 4 Y'all;

STOCKS & THEIR FUNDAMENTALS
GTBank
Scorecard:
• Floated the first Eurobond by a Nigerian Bank worth $350 million which was oversubscribed.
• Return on Equity of 27.8%-highest in the sector
• Capital base of N150bn post GDR Offer
• Retail customer base grew from 139,000 in 2005 to over 450,000 as at June 2007
Recommendation: Long-Term BUY Price as @ 9th July 2007 (N) 35.50
Year-till-date (% Appreciation) 95.59
Latest Dividend Per Share (N) 0.75
PE Ratio (Times) 24.32
EPS (N) 1.46
Entry Price (N) 35.55
Exit Price (N) 45.00
Year End February

Mutual Benefit Assurance
Scorecard:
• Largest composite insurance company in Nigeria with N10bn capital base.
• 1st insurer to initiate interim dividend payment scheme
• Injection of foreign investor’s funds (Augustus Group Washington)
• Wide range of insurance products
Recommendation: Medium-Term BUY Price as @ 9th July 2007 (N) 4.81
Year-till-date (% Appreciation) 568.06
Latest Dividend Per Share (N) 0.10
PE Ratio 40.49
EPS (N) 0.12
Entry Price (N) 4.82
Exit Price (N) 7.00
Year End December

WAPIC Insurance
Scorecard:
• The lead Nigerian risk underwriter of the launched NigComSat 1 to the tune of N2bn. The 5,086kg communications satellite, first of its kind to be launched by an African country, is designed to operate in the C, KU, KA and L bands and is Africa’s geostationary communications satellite expected to offer broadcasting telecoms and broadband services.
Recommendation: Long-Term BUY Price as @ 9th July 2007 (N) 7.97
Year-till-date (% Appreciation) 99.25
Latest Dividend Per Share (N) 0.18
PE Ratio 16.05
EPS (N) 0.50
Entry Price (N) 7.95
Exit Price (N) 12.00
Year End December

Access Bank
Scorecard:
• 1st Bank in Africa and 2nd Globally to implement Flex cube 6.2
• Currently ranked 9th in the banking industry
• Rated ‘A+’ by Global Credit Rating Company
• Over $500 million on on-lending relationship with all Major DFI and IFIs
• Leader in Government Securities Trading
• Ranked N0 1 Globally in utilization of IFC Trade Facility
Recommendation: Long-term BUY Price as @ 9th July 2007 (N) 19.32
Year-till-date (% Appreciation) 177.59
Latest Dividend Per Share (N) 0.40
PE Ratio 16.64
EPS (N) 1.16
Entry Price (N) 1.32
Exit Price (N) 30.00
Year End March

Intercontinental Bank
Scorecard:
• The 5th largest bank in Africa by capital base
• Biggest bank in Nigeria by capital base
• Among the 1st 500 banks in the world
• Influx of foreign investors like Rand Merchant Bank, AIG Investment Group, RICO-a leading business group in the mid-east
• 1st Nigerian Bank to cross the $1bn capital base
Recommendation: Medium-term BUY Price as @ 9th July 2007 (N) 25.50
Year-till-date (% Appreciation) 87.50
Projected Dividend Per Share 0.65
PE Ratio 17.67
EPS (N) 1.44
Entry Price (N) 25.55
Exit Price (N) 39.00
Year End February

MY DISCLAIMER
This report contained herewith is produced by A.Y. as a guideline for investors who intend to trade in securities. The information contained herein is merely an invitation to treat and has no intention to create legal obligation. Therefore, investors have the option to invest without complete reliance on any part of the information contained thereof. hence, A.Y. LA LA shall not be liable civilly or criminally for actions taken as a result of the information provided herein. Please pardon my gramatical errors.

GOD BLESS Y'ALL AS U MAKE SUM KOOL MONEY.

Invest wisely!!!
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by otokx(m): 8:03pm On Jul 23, 2007
Nice work aylala2002
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by frankiriri(m): 8:08pm On Jul 23, 2007
aylala2002:

Fundamentals will still continue to dictate stock pricing in any developing market. This is a period of CAUTIOUS-BUY.

I definitely agree
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 8:43pm On Jul 23, 2007
Aylala, nice work. all errors are forgiven.

Otokx, my eyes are bad enough. Wassup with the "micro"fonts.

Frankiriri, couldn't agree more. I've been burned on all the purchases I've made recently. have to be really careful.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by shigidi(m): 9:05pm On Jul 23, 2007
nice 1 ay, u really should post more often.
@easimoni, thanks fo your help the other day. in my calculations, i noticed that the dps most of da time is about 2-3% of the shareprice at the time, i think this is a gud way of predicting the price of a stock with no other competitor in its industry(cos u dont have an average p.e ratio) like japaul oil or c&i. for instance, japaul has a projected eps of 0.4, with a dps of about 0.2, so by tmy calculations, it should be a 10-12 naira stock. makesense or ami just blabbing lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (46) (Reply)

"Option C" Investors Storm Oko Oloyun’s Office To Demand Their Money / CBN Warns Nigerians Against “MMM”, Calls It Wonder Bank / Crowdfunding Investment Platforms And Options (non Agritech Categories)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.