Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,399 members, 7,891,758 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 06:28 PM

Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 - Investment (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 (80101 Views)

How To Be Rich In Nigeria / Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time / Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Kashif(m): 6:41pm On Jul 10, 2007
Hi Guys,

I just took time to look at the CSCS statement I got from my broker today. I saw INVESTOR'S ACCOUNT NO. (numeric) and CSCS NO. (alphanumeric)

The INVESTOR'S ACCOUNT NO. is what has always been on my Contract Notes.

What is the difference pls?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by frankiriri(m): 7:04pm On Jul 10, 2007
Rich Dad:

@Frankiriri,
Please i heard you have an investment club, I will like to know how to join, cupidkenny@yahoo.com.
send me an email at frankiriri@yahoo.com.
You can visit our yahoogroups wep page at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bettainvestmentclub
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by shigidi(m): 7:21pm On Jul 14, 2007
hey guys whats happening to this thread, it seems to have gone a bit flat. this is my favorite thread on nairaland so lets keep it running! where is evry1
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by cheexy: 2:04am On Jul 15, 2007
@all,
Who has noticed that Japaul has been on 6.02 for about 3 days? What is happening? Are they on technical suspension already? This is because i heard that they are going to have a public offer in september.
Anybody with gist should please fill us in.
@shigidi,
I noticed it too
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 2:38am On Jul 15, 2007
Japaul is on technical suspension. They will soon unleash a N5b PO on the market. It was predicted by Proshare last month. Sorry if it took you by surprise.

http://www.proshareng.com/myproshare/portal_news.php?id=2458
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 3:10am On Jul 15, 2007
Back to the topic this thread was created for; recommending shares for our peeps. I'm thinking about Julius Berger and UACN. Both companies are trading at PEs ~ 15; about half of the average bank. Problem is they both have very low growth rates so a price explosion is not likely. What do the gurus think and what alternatives (outside of banks) are there?

BTW, Wanaj0, thanks for the BETA Glass tip. grin
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 15, 2007
Japaul Oil and Maritime Services Plc will be raising funds from the market via an hybrid offer. The Company is expected to raise 1,007,488,188 Ordinary Shares at N3.95 via a Public Offerring
and 291,549,045 at N2.50 via a Rights Issue.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 15, 2007
RECOMMENDED STOCK
R. T. BRISCOE
Shares Outstanding : 453,875,284
Market Capitalization : N12,250,093,915.16
Liquidity : Low
Current Price : 26.99
Projected Price : N46.42
Expected Appreciation : 71.99%
PAT (Dec 2006) : N531.80 Billion
Projected PAT (Dec 2007) : N1.05 Billion
Current EPS : N1.33
Projected EPS : N2.31
Current PE Ratio: 20.23
Assigned PE Ratio: 20
Sector: Automobile & Tyre

NIGERIAN GERMAN CHEMICAL
Shares Outstanding : 153,786,012
Market Capitalization : N 2,383,683,186
Liquidity : Low
Current Price : 15.50
Projected Price : N28.00
Expected Appreciation : 80.65%
PAT (Dec 2006) : N121,365,000
Projected PAT (Dec 2007) : N228,788,000
Current EPS : N0.94
Projected EPS : N1.50
Current PE Ratio: 16.49
Assigned PE Ratio: 18.67
Sector: Chemical & Paints

UNDERVALUED STOCKS
LIVESTOCK FEEDS
Just restructured its mills and just returned back to profitability. It is one of the stocks to watch out for.
Market Price: N5.00
EPS: 1.32
PE Ratio: 3.79
Liquidity: Medium
Fair/Intrinsic Value: N15.00
Expected Appreciation: 200%
Assigned PE Ratio: 11.36
Sector: Agriculture

GREIF NIGERIA PLC
Reported a 555% rise in Profitability for the year ended 31st October 2006. PAT rose from N32.75 million in October 2005 to 214.8 million in October 2006.
Market Price: N1.12
EPS: 5.04
PE Ratio: 0.22
Liquidity: Low
Fair/Intrinsic Value: N20
Expected Appreciation: 1685%
Assigned PE Ratio: 3.96
Sector: Packaging

KEYS:
PE = Per Earning Ratio; EPS = Earning per Share; PAT = Profit after Tax; PBT = Profit Before Tax
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by kingzy(m): 9:50pm On Jul 15, 2007
plz, how long will it take Grief Nig Plc to appreciate to 1685?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by krisbobo(m): 11:07pm On Jul 15, 2007
Hi guys, just got unto nairaland and was looking for where to pitch my tent. Wow, i don find am with u guys. grt work. i've bn doing stocks for about 3yrs now and will gladly share my experiences and learn from the gurus!!! great work
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by feelgood(m): 10:08am On Jul 16, 2007
What do you guys think of lasaco? Its been going down lately? My broker says I shd hold on- any opinions pls?
Is it advisable to buy japaul when its po is out? Ur advise needed pls.
Regards
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by nossycheek(f): 11:34am On Jul 16, 2007
FSDH has been predicting that PZ price will hit 32 but have been holding that shares close to a year and it has been wobbling between 26 anf 25. Should I sell it even at a loss and reinvest the money?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by enolase(m): 12:14pm On Jul 16, 2007
Why would anyone waste time recommending a stock like Greif Nigeria Ltd that is simply unavailable on the floor?(just look at the trading volumes and number of deals per trading day).

Are investors supposed to get them from the sky?

I think it will be more beneficial for forum members to be told by the experts something like, which insurance stocks will soon be listed so that investors can try to get them through cross deals prior to listing.

I introduced my people at Nairastocks.com to INTENEGINS and GUINEAINS. Many got it through cross deals, and because the stocks were got at relatively cheap prices (between N1 and N1.80), some were able to get at least 1 million units.

These two stocks are heavily undervalued and should get to between N3 and N5 with relative ease, making millionaires out of those who got them.

What say ye all to this?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by windywendy(f): 3:51pm On Jul 16, 2007
EMMAACHILE:

UNDERVALUED STOCKS
LIVESTOCK FEEDS
Just restructured its mills and just returned back to profitability. It is one of the stocks to watch out for.
Market Price: N5.00
EPS: 1.32
PE Ratio: 3.79
Liquidity: Medium
Fair/Intrinsic Value: N15.00
Expected Appreciation: 200%
Assigned PE Ratio: 11.36
Sector: Agriculture

Emmaachile, where did you get info on livestock feeds? This is one company that I've found it extremely difficult to get any information on. The most I've read about the company is that they used the N300m raised from the rights issue to pay off their debt to some other company (or bank), and that they were planning to refurbish their mills. Do you have any other info on the company -- for instance, who owns it, what the latest results are, etc. Please post here or mail to me at windywendy121@hotmail.com.

thanks.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by RoughCut(m): 4:06pm On Jul 16, 2007
windywendy:

Emmaachile, where did you get info on livestock feeds? This is one company that I've found it extremely difficult to get any information on. The most I've read about the company is that they used the N300m raised from the rights issue to pay off their debt to some other company (or bank), and that they were planning to refurbish their mills. Do you have any other info on the company -- for instance, who owns it, what the latest results are, etc. Please post here or mail to me at windywendy121@hotmail.com.

thanks.
Windywendy  am a fan of your razor-sharp and forensic analysis on this thread. If you need more info as per Livestock Feed plc please check this link----->http://cashcraft.com/Secanalysis.asp

Almost every financial ratio is in negative territory so no surprises there. cashcroft.com website is very good(shame their customer/client service doesnt seem to match up) you can find all sorts of info on any company listed by using the financial analysis tool on their website
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by windywendy(f): 4:14pm On Jul 16, 2007
Thanks RoughCut smiley

The latest information on that link however dates back to 1999 -- that's quite a long time. Do you have current information?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by RoughCut(m): 4:23pm On Jul 16, 2007
@windywendy
Yep, navigate to the homepage and click on Market Analysis and voila! you are spoilt for choice on which financial indicator you want to select.For some of the financial indicators you might need to input the company name in an input field and Bob`s your uncle!
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 4:35pm On Jul 16, 2007
Wendy is right, the data on results date back to 99 so I'd like to know what the latest info is do I can crunch my own numbers. When anyone has luck getting on the NSE webpage for livestock, please let me know.  angry

@ Emmaachile, thanks for the info but please point us to the source. This could be a big one!
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by RoughCut(m): 5:07pm On Jul 16, 2007
easimoni:

Wendy is right, the data on results date back to 99 so I'd like to know what the latest info is do I can crunch my own numbers. When anyone has luck getting on the NSE webpage for livestock, please let me know.  angry

@ Emmaachile, thanks for the info but please point us to the source. This could be a big one!
check this---->http://www.cashcraft.com/peranking.asp?page=4

EPS=-2.68
EPS=0

data may be outdated as u and windywendy rightly pointed out but can't confirm but if you select This year`s performance in the Market Analysis link on the homepage share price appreciated from 0.65 to 4.65 looks like this is unfolding right before our own eyes
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by wanaj0: 5:33pm On Jul 16, 2007
easimoni:

Back to the topic this thread was created for; recommending shares for our peeps. I'm thinking about Julius Berger and UACN. Both companies are trading at PEs ~ 15; about half of the average bank. Problem is they both have very low growth rates so a price explosion is not likely. What do the gurus think and what alternatives (outside of banks) are there?

BTW, Wanaj0, thanks for the BETA Glass tip. grin

You should jump out from BETA Glass now.

Look for May and Baker. They are well positioned for growth

NBC is another one worth considering.

Also check out the insurance stocks.

UACN, don't be carried away by the PE. It is distorted by the exceptional income that they have. UACN being making money from selling assets!!!!! Mr BIGGS is facing many competition so no longer a major player. Yet to see where the ACTIS investment is going in to. For me, a no no.

If you can, go for TransNationwide Express. They will be doing a rights offer soon. You can potentially make a kill with that.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 12:08am On Jul 17, 2007
@ Wanaj0,
Yup, I noticed BETA slowed down a tad today. First time in almost 2 weeks it didn't gain 5%. angry

NBC & M&B: a bit pricey for me. Both have PEs in the 40s. I know they have long-term potential but in this market, patience is not my virtue (I confess cry)

Okay, no UACN!
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by nossycheek(f): 9:33am On Jul 17, 2007
@Wanaj0

which one is Trans Express? What section can I find it?

As for NBC, I don't think it's a good buy
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by wanaj0: 9:40am On Jul 17, 2007
easimoni:

@ Wanaj0,
Yup, I noticed BETA slowed down a tad today. First time in almost 2 weeks it didn't gain 5%. angry

NBC & M&B: a bit pricey for me. Both have PEs in the 40s. I know they have long-term potential but in this market, patience is not my virtue (I confess cry)

Okay, no UACN!

What you have is a trailing or historical PE. When you buy you are buying into the future. Check the Q1 PE of NBC and the profit forecast for May and Baker. I tend to take positions before the market recognises the value. Nigerian German is also not a bad buy in terms of fundamentals
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by wanaj0: 9:50am On Jul 17, 2007
nossycheek:

@Wanaj0

which one is Trans Express? What section can I find it?

As for NBC, I don't think it's a good buy

Trans Express is in Commercial Services. It is a courier company. Not a liquid stock though. However, note that Redstar Express did a private placement at about 4.00. The good thing is that Trans Express is undervalued. Even if you can get a little now, you will then be entitled to the planned RIGHTS! That to me is a good opportunity.

As per NBC, just check the Q1 result. Check the Abuja plant. You are buying based on expected future performance
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by MyPeace(f): 9:58am On Jul 17, 2007
l work with Trans Express, l must tell you that we are doing well. lf you ever see the shares pls do buy them, l wanted to buy them but couldnt see them on the floor.

a question pls,
l have been buying from PO, but just bought from the secondary market thru a frnd who helped me. though l have not gottn any response from her, but just got a Text Msg on my phone from NSE Tradealert on the purchase, which quoted an account no and the name of the stock broker firm, Does this mean that l now have a CSCS ACCOUNT pls answer me.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by crazyT(m): 10:02am On Jul 17, 2007
@ All and the GURU'S

I have some few coins I'll like to share among three good stocks, I am contemplating on these stocks:

ABC Transport, Lasaco, Fidelity Bank, Jos Int Brewries, Japauloil, AIICO etc.

But don't really know which one to go for, pls help! Your advise will surely count a lot especially with reasons.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 1:45pm On Jul 17, 2007
@ CrazyT,
your post reads "three good stocks". Don't see any on your list. tongue ABC, Fidelity and AIICO are overpriced and not growing fast enough. Don't know much about the other three. Wanaj0, over to u.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by RichDad1(m): 2:33pm On Jul 17, 2007
@ The Gurus,
     what do you think of the Syke Bank Reit offer.I learnt  it's opening on July 23 and closes on August 29. and it's been offered at N100 per unit.Please your advise needed here.Is it a good buy or a not, Thanks
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by crazyT(m): 6:46pm On Jul 17, 2007
@ Easimoni

I thought Fidelity is going on IPO very soon? So my intention is to buy now and sell immediately it hits 100% after the suspension. Over to you Easimoni and WanajO
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by dollyp1cute(f): 7:53pm On Jul 17, 2007
What is the story on FIRST INLAND shares been declining for the past 1 week?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by shigidi(m): 9:48pm On Jul 17, 2007
@ dolly p, ive bin wondering myself, but im sure its gonna rally back in the next couple of weeks, i hear very good results are expected, it might get to 12 naira soon
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by kingzy(m): 11:17pm On Jul 17, 2007
What is happening to the almighty dangote flour PO. Is today not 17th again. Any explanation?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (46) (Reply)

"Option C" Investors Storm Oko Oloyun’s Office To Demand Their Money / CBN Warns Nigerians Against “MMM”, Calls It Wonder Bank / Crowdfunding Investment Platforms And Options (non Agritech Categories)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.