Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,352 members, 7,940,381 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 01:43 AM

Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 - Investment (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 (80746 Views)

How To Be Rich In Nigeria / Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time / Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by RoughCut(m): 6:45am On Aug 24, 2007
Zenith Bank is increasing its authorised share capital from N5B to N7.5B and additional 5B shares will be listed to support the increase in authorised share capital . This is a bank that has seen its shares nose-dive from the highs of N68 to about N48 caused by the bearish run on the NSE and the adjustment for dividends and bonuses

The only thing left for me to say is wao!

Read the details here----->http://odili.net/news/source/2007/aug/23/301.html
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by fineass: 7:11am On Aug 24, 2007
Hi guys, wonderful job i must say.@all them gurus, what is ur take on lasaco and c&i leasing .heard this two stockbrokers recommend them on an investment prg yesterday on tv. Thanks
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by hbrednic: 8:39am On Aug 24, 2007
@crazy t
your capital oil of 33k is now going now for 68k,more than double the price you bought it.
you can still buy more at the current price if you like,bet me you will make a hit with this stock.
check my last post on capital oil and airline services,
airline services has done more than 110% in less than 2months and still riding high.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by steeviee(m): 9:11am On Aug 24, 2007
hi guys

200,000 units of Access bank shares for N23. Contact 01-8797070.

thanks
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by shigidi(m): 11:45am On Aug 24, 2007
@ temmie10, thank you very much for your advice and ur assistance. that kind of talk really gives me confidence.
remain blessed.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by drdaniel(m): 12:37pm On Aug 24, 2007
Finally d dangote flour ipo is out sept 3.What do d u guys tink.Seems they will be usual over subscription and return of monies.What are the prospects technically.To avoid return of monies some are saying buy in small quantities in relatives names etc.But what about verification and eventual sale.Gurus in da house pls reply.easimoni ,aylala, temmie10 ,everybody
http://www.businessdayonline.com/?c=54&a=15631
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 2:28pm On Aug 24, 2007
drdaniel:

Finally d dangote flour ipo is out sept 3.What do d u guys think.Seems they will be usual over subscription and return of monies.What are the prospects technically.To avoid return of monies some are saying buy in small quantities in relatives names etc.But what about verification and eventual sale.Gurus in da house please reply.easimoni ,aylala, temmie10 ,everybody
http://www.businessdayonline.com/?c=54&a=15631

No prospectus, no advice. Sorry. Can someone please post a prospectus or analyst report?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Gtansi: 3:06pm On Aug 24, 2007
i hv been enjoying this site, but i want to ask. pls how can i buy stock when i reside in Sokoto
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Tmoni(m): 3:11pm On Aug 24, 2007
please can somebody give me advise if my venture is going to be worthwhile?

thanks
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 3:21pm On Aug 24, 2007
@ Tmoni, if we are still talking about your sterling bank purchase, they have a forward PE of 24.6, not too shabby. But it took them an eternity to release the FY report so be prepared to sit tight. If you are banking on the rumoured PO to see an artficial price hike (a la Access and Afribank), good luck. It's almost certain that WILL happen if a PO is in the works but I can only tell you what the numbers tell me.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Temmie10(m): 5:53pm On Aug 24, 2007
Gtansi:

i hv been enjoying this site, but i want to ask. please how can i buy stock when i reside in Sokoto

I am not sure if there are any stockbrokers in sokoto.
However, here's my 2 cents: i live in uk and i still trade the nse very actively.
All it takes is one trip to abuja, kano or lagos to fill the appropriate forms and meet your broker/acct officer.
The rest can be done thru internet, telephone etc.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by NBA(m): 6:22pm On Aug 24, 2007
G
Gtansi:

i hv been enjoying this site, but i want to ask. please how can i buy stock when i reside in Sokoto

You can do everything by mail or by email. Since you are already online you can download and complete the application forms from the stockbroker of your choice, then scan and attach by email or mail it back to them. You can also trade and monitor your account online for brokers with online facility, a requirement for me, among other things.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Tmoni(m): 10:42pm On Aug 24, 2007
thanks alot easimoni,
thats as direct as i would want to go into it

cheers
and wish me the best in it,
if it works out, a bottle of champagne for u grin
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by crazyT(m): 11:46pm On Aug 24, 2007
@ hbrednic

Thanks for the advise, I'll probably make the whole thing 500k and clean out once and for all. I'll look for the thread you mentioned in your reply (capital Oil , )

@Easimoni

I'll get back to you on what prompt me to acquire this stock

@ all
If you have about 3ook units of Capital oil to dispose, just halla @ ,
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by otokx(m): 2:59am On Aug 25, 2007
@Temmie10

who is your stock broker?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Temmie10(m): 10:15am On Aug 25, 2007
otokx:

@Temmie10

who is your stock broker?

i use cashcraft, i am not recommending them tho. my acct officer is a good fren, thats y i get decent service.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by temisafety: 12:21pm On Aug 25, 2007
Gurus,
Please how can the recent GDR(?) of GTBank affect their PE, EPS, etc.

grin
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Stacks: 5:55pm On Aug 25, 2007
Guys,
Will i be entitled to the Japaul rights offer if i buy from the floor on monday?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by whitelexi(m): 2:40pm On Aug 26, 2007
Speaking of japaul, has anyone heard of when the offer will caome to the capital market?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by REZIGIRL(f): 10:03am On Aug 27, 2007
Hello,

Pls to all the gurus in this house, can u pls advise on some good stock I can invest in right now? Got about 200k to invest but need to knw which to go for.

Temmie, Easimoni and others, expecting to see ur advice. Thanx guys.

Keep on with this good work.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Temmie10(m): 11:06am On Aug 27, 2007
REZIGIRL:

Hello,

Please to all the gurus in this house, can u please advise on some good stock I can invest in right now? Got about 200k to invest but need to knw which to go for.

Temmie, Easimoni and others, expecting to see your advice. Thanx guys.

Keep on with this good work.

what is your time frame? 3 months, 6months, 1-2 yrs?
what kind of returns are you looking for?, 20%, 50% or much more?
time, expected returns and level of risk are all related
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by REZIGIRL(f): 11:17am On Aug 27, 2007
Hi Temmie,

To be sincere I'm actually looking at the next 6months and for returns I'll say as much as I can get.

How are u doing today?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Temmie10(m): 11:37am On Aug 27, 2007
REZIGIRL:

Hi Temmie,

To be sincere I'm actually looking at the next 6months and for returns I'll say as much as I can get.

How are u doing today?

Its a beautiful new week, so i guess i am doing fine, thank you,
6 months is not the easiest to pinpoint because a lot can happen.

I am going with wema, c&i leasing, crusader, evans med. Some of the stocks like evans med do not have the best fundamentals but as at last friday's closing prices, all of them are all still in my view trading at around 40% to potential prices,
Seeing you are in for short term, my advise is, u dun have to wait for 6 months, markets are not rational, when the prices hits the 30-40% profit range, cash out and move on. if u are wandering whether to cash out at any point in the future, send me an email as u have my email address.

The price you buy is also very important, make sure your broker buys them relatively cheap or close to friday's closing price since that is my basis for this analysis, give your broker a price limit. if you buy evans med at 8 naira, u might have to wait longer than 6 months o.

The point is that you should buy these stocks very close to their closing prices on friday to stay at a safe margin. I have not included any ipo because that will take longer than 6 months to realise your gains.

p.s. this analysis is purely based on my own research so apply some caution. but if u do go ahead and make money like i expect, i dey here o grin
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by boysteve1(m): 11:54am On Aug 27, 2007
Uncle Temmie, nice job u are doing here and i must tell you we will all invite you one day for get 2gether, i don't really contribute much but i read a lot,

I have 3100thousand unit of ecobank and like 3900unit of zenithbank also, i am looking at selling my bonus of the eco bank and i would have sell the zenith bank before they drop but i am waiting for there bonus, the main koko is i am trying to put some money together right now and it will be like 800k.i want to invest in short term stock ,i want to buy and sell every 3months ,i want to sell after 1 or2naira increase , what is your advise, i am patiently waiting,
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Temmie10(m): 12:13pm On Aug 27, 2007
boy steve:

Uncle Temmie, nice job u are doing here and i must tell you we will all invite you one day for get 2gether, i don't really contribute much but i read a lot,

I have 3100thousand unit of ecobank and like 3900unit of zenithbank also, i am looking at selling my bonus of the eco bank and i would have sell the zenith bank before they drop but i am waiting for there bonus, the main koko is i am trying to put some money together right now and it will be like 800k.i want to invest in short term stock ,i want to buy and sell every 3months ,i want to sell after 1 or2naira increase , what is your advise, i am patiently waiting,

i am not uncle o lol, Temmie's fine,
i think your bonus for zenith has already registered so even if u sell now, u will still get the bonus so u can go ahead and sell if u want. the bonus will be credited to your cscs account in due time.

I can deduce from your question that you are like an aggressive, want-to-make-as-much-as-possible investor. I am like that too!
However, the strategy of selling every 3 months is possible but very delicate and does not bring usually bring the best returns not least because of transaction fees. i prefer to go for big winners. How would u feel if bought wema at 3 naira in feb/march and sold at 4 naira in march/april earlier this year only to find that in 5 months leading to august the price moved from 4 naira to 12 naira? thats more than 1 naira every month.

regular trading works but the decisions to buy and sell have to be very well informed,
In any case, savy investing is about learning everyday. if every 3 months, my stocks gained 50%, i would probably consider selling too, problem is the market's timetable is different and determined by many other factors,

hope this helps
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by boysteve1(m): 12:26pm On Aug 27, 2007
Temmie,
Thank you very mush for your time, appreciate, I am happy to hear that Zenith bank bonus is registerd already because i am not happy with the way they droped from 60 something to 40something never see something like dat b4,

4real i am an aggressive investor as you said and i want to do it like every other business,
what i don't really understand is , after i bought all the stocks i have, ,i got my certificates after a year or more than, how can i trade every 3months with this system, am i buying from peoplw who already have there certificates, ??Do you advise me to sell the zenith bank and the eco bank bonus 1for1 and use my money to trade good stock that can fetch me good money in no time, your advise is still needed bro, Are u in Londo 4real?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 2:11pm On Aug 27, 2007
Hello all,

Please be informed that FCMB has been placed on technical suspension today as a result of their planned public offer. The proposed offer price is N14.00.

Regards,
LeadCapital Limited
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by steeviee(m): 3:36pm On Aug 27, 2007
Temmie & Easimoni,

hello guys

i'm looking at cash in big time on Unity Bank. what do you guys think.

thanks
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Icon4s(m): 3:47pm On Aug 27, 2007
FIDELITY BANK, DANGOTE FLOUR, JAPAUL OIL AND MARITIME, AFRIBANK, NAHCO and now FCMB shocked.Why all at the same time?I didn't buy FIRSTBANK because of ACCESSBANK.Now How do I spread my money? undecidedMaybe I should buy ten-ten naira of each
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Temmie10(m): 6:01pm On Aug 27, 2007
@ boy steve
Sounds like you need to get yousrself a stockbroker. they make trading much easier and you don't have to worry too much about who you are buying from.

@steeviee
You might have a point about unity bank.
The bank's fundamentals are poor though.
i do not see unity falling too much but it'd definitely be quite risky as u are not investing based on results or anything grounded.

On a bright note, there are a lot of speculative buys on unity and that might just continue, they may even be taken over or merge.
Btw i noticed you are not saying anythin about your first inland, its 10.79 today moving northwards at 5%
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by steeviee(m): 6:05pm On Aug 27, 2007
temmie,
well said.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by whitelexi(m): 7:19pm On Aug 27, 2007
Icon4s:

FIDELITY BANK, DANGOTE FLOUR, JAPAUL OIL AND MARITIME, AFRIBANK, NAHCO and now FCMB shocked.Why all at the same time?I didn't buy FIRSTBANK because of ACCESSBANK.Now How do I spread my money? undecidedMaybe I should buy ten-ten naira of each

Are they all out? I thought some were waiting on the tech suspension list? I'm very interested in japaul, nahco and fcmb so it'll be nice if they are spread out a bit grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (46) (Reply)

"Option C" Investors Storm Oko Oloyun’s Office To Demand Their Money / MBA Forex (please I Need Better Explanation) / CBN Warns Nigerians Against “MMM”, Calls It Wonder Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.