Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,325 members, 7,940,304 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 10:17 PM

Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 - Investment (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 (80741 Views)

How To Be Rich In Nigeria / Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time / Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by stanchuks(m): 5:04pm On Sep 02, 2007
Hi Temmie10
I asked Easimoni a question earlier haven't a reply , but i will appreciate it if you help me out

Do u have any info on Livestock feeds,Sterling bank and May & Baker, i bought for 4.30,8.40 and 12.20 respectively and they have all depreciated
Thanks
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Temmie10(m): 5:13pm On Sep 02, 2007
@stanchuks

Considering the prices you bought, here's my 2 cents

For May & Baker, i'd say HOLD, its not a short term but i expect them to bounce back once the bearish trend subsides. earnings are not bad.

For Sterling, i'd say HOLD too, there will be a share reconstruction and public offer very soon so i am cautiously optimistic that you can sell off at a much better price than what it is currently trading,

I know very little about Livestock Feeds so i cannot offer advise on this one
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by stanchuks(m): 5:18pm On Sep 02, 2007
Thanks Temmie10, i was wondering if i could sell part of my NGC to buy Japaul or Dangote flour when they are out, i bought at 13.58 and its 16.60 now

Whats your 2 cents on this
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by stanchuks(m): 5:21pm On Sep 02, 2007
Thanks Temmie10, i was wondering if i could sell part of my NGC to buy Japaul or Dangote flour when they are out, i bought at 13.58 and its 16.60 now

Whats your 2 cents on this
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Temmie10(m): 5:22pm On Sep 02, 2007
@stanchuks,

i go begin charge you o grin grin

Don't sell your NGC yet, i expect a rally soon,
wait for 1 or 2 weeks and observe the market,
you might just be able to sell higher than 16.6,
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by stanchuks(m): 6:02pm On Sep 02, 2007
@Temmie10
thanks a lot sir i know say i no go fit pay your charges thanks for your response tongue embarassed

lastly among the PO's that are set to hit the market this month, which of them would you say is a good buy,without seeing their prospectus?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Temmie10(m): 9:07pm On Sep 02, 2007
@stanchuks
I am not too keen on banking ipos,
I like my investments to remain as liquid as possible,
so dangote and japaul would seem interesting but prospectus is still the final say,
i am not sure about nahco either, there's definitely no 1000% this time, but make we see prospectus too, i no be soothsayer
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by ManJiro(m): 10:17pm On Sep 02, 2007
@ Temmie10

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Do you think it is better to buy it (international breweries shares) from the floor than buying the public offer?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Temmie10(m): 10:33pm On Sep 02, 2007
Man Jiro:

@ Temmie10

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Do you think it is better to buy it (international breweries shares) from the floor than buying the public offer?

IF you can get it on the floor, then buy all means buy from the floor,
One question though: "Why are you so keen on international breweries?"
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by GideonBL: 11:44pm On Sep 02, 2007
hello, a recent post for this weekend, sources have it's almost fully booked

Shareholders,
Intended for aspiring Investors in the Merger of IBTC & Standard Bank

View this Link,
http://www.standardbank.co.za/bdv/merger34.dbm?serv=UBA&sn=publish

er

Excerpts,
Invitation to Post-merger Business intelligence conference " Standard

Bank\IBTC post-merger and The Vision for the West African Banking

Industry"

With Standard Bank projected asset base of N323 billion. Standard Group is

the largest bank in Africa with over $139 billion (N17.8 trillion) in assets and

adopts international best practice in its multicultural operations. The bank is

designed to deliver with very strong capability in investment and retail

banking, also giving the strong alliance of most multinationals with banks

from their home countries. Standard Bank would attract South African firms

that are doing or seeking to do business in Nigeria.

Aim of Conference:
-Exposition of innovative and world-class corporate and retail banking

products to the Nigerian market.
-The introduction of alternative service channels and delivery of a wide

variety of retail lending products such as credit cards, home loans and

vehicle and assets finance.
-Emerging capabilities in retail, commercial, corporate and investment

banking, best practice credit and risk management capabilities, transactional

banking expertise, cash handling processes, deeper experience of operating

in emerging markets, stronger global distribution capabilities and more

powerful international brand
-Benefiting and post-merger acquisition of the precedented value

appreciating Standard Bank shares.

Scheduled for Saturday 8th September, 2007.
TIME: 9a.m
VENUE: Le Meridien Eko Hotel (ark Hall), Victoria Island.

Abuja, Monday 10th September, 2007
TIME: 8a.m
VENUE: Protea Hotels & Inns, Maitama Abuja.

Booking with facilitators, Lombard Portfolio and Securities International

(Portfolio Research and Advisory)
[625rands [N5,500 – Basic Tools & Lunch]]
Stanbic Bank Nigeria: 094/00/0128945/01
UBA : 628051-20033 -10670945

Coordinators
Craig Bond,Managing director, South Africa, Standard Bank Africa
Greg Brackenridge, Managing director, West Africa, Standard Bank Africa
Tony Elumelu, Managing director, UBA Group
Atedo Peterside,Managing Director, IBTC Chartered
Warren Koos, Chairman, Lombard Plc

Standard Bank is set to pursue a very aggressive growth strategy for its

Nigerian franchise and intends to transform post-merger IBTC into one of

Nigeria’s top five banks by 2008 and one-stop shop for corporate and retail

financial services. This is expected to result in significant value creation for

all stakeholders of post-merger IBTC.

Contacts -Jeff.Peterside@standardbanknigeria.com (09-4347687),

Pat.Rhodes@Lombardplc.com (0703 217 0765)

Friends, the post-merger IBTC business intelligence conference will benefit

you, provide extensive practical experience and technical capabilities in

investment banking, best practice shares acquisition skills, risk management

& transactional banking expertise, it was initially intended for south african

investors and interested members of relatively 230\astute investors.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by shigidi(m): 12:28pm On Sep 03, 2007
@ easimoni,
im confused when it comes to GTB. i previously had a forecast eps of 1.6 in calculations, but on adding their gdrs, i have about 1.3. this turns it from a good buy to a good HOLD. but are these gdrs meant to be listed on the nse or the lse, should it affect our calculations in nigeria if they can be traded in london at any point in time till im clear, i no fit enter this one. smiley
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by whitelexi(m): 1:37pm On Sep 03, 2007
shigidi:

@ easimoni,
im confused when it comes to GTB. i previously had a forecast eps of 1.6 in calculations, but on adding their gdrs, i have about 1.3. this turns it from a good buy to a good HOLD. but are these gdrs meant to be listed on the nse or the lse, should it affect our calculations in nigeria if they can be traded in london at any point in time till im clear, i no fit enter this one. smiley

My only disappointment is that i was seriously broke when their IPO came out in 2004. I didnt buy many of their shares then but now that i look at it, its gone from multiple to multiple and i now have almost 2 x what i initially purchased + dividend, thats a good example of a good to hold share grin
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by RoughCut(m): 1:38pm On Sep 03, 2007
whitelexi:

My only disappointment is that i was seriously broke when their IPO came out in 2004. I didnt buy many of their shares then but now that i look at it, its gone from multiple to multiple and i now have almost 2 x what i initially purchased + dividend, thats a good example of a good to hold share grin

From my earlier research on the GTB GDR i think one GDR will exchance for 50 ordinary shares meaning they are convertible and i think they lodged some additional billions or millions of shares with NSE in case any of the GDR`s are eventually converted then the calculations for your EPS will change. The challenge will be to find out how many of the GDR`s have been converted and subsequently listed i guess you can chk that out on the NSE website
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 1:45pm On Sep 03, 2007
Shig, the GDRs have underlying shares which you rightly included in your calculations. Those shares/GDRs will be paid a dividend out the earnings, just like you and I would. Just think of the GDRs as a basket of 50 shares you can buy/sell on the LSE. + the owners are free to convert one GDR into 50 shares (to trade on the NSE) on any given day.

And you are right, GTB is now a hold (at best). In fact, I just sold mine. cry cry cry
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by RoughCut(m): 1:46pm On Sep 03, 2007
shigidi:

@ easimoni,

Additionally if the ownres of the GDR`s elect to convert they will be listed on NSE.   Remember that there was the overseas and the local portion. GDR`s are meant to be listed on foreign exchanges with a foreign based bank or institution acting as the local depository. If eventually the GDR`s gets converted then the shares that  have been lodged with the NSE(remember GTB is not listed on the LSE) will be converted to ordinary shares in proportion to the converted GDR`s on the main market of dealing of the issuing institution so your EPS will change in that respect
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by McDreamy: 2:31pm On Sep 03, 2007
Attention Intercontinental Bank PLC shareholders

I have received my certificate (finally) angry . I got it on Fri but it was postmarked 27.8.07,so i guess you can check your mailboxes. when will we get our dividends? I wonder, I just wonder,
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by shigidi(m): 4:53pm On Sep 03, 2007
easimoni, so sorry bout ur beloved GTB cry cry,
thank goodness the intercontinental certs are out.
@ mc dreamy, was it posted to ur mailbox or ur house. pls reply.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by wanaj0: 8:37pm On Sep 03, 2007
Temmie10:

@stanchuks
I am not too keen on banking ipos,
I like my investments to remain as liquid as possible,
so dangote and japaul would seem interesting but prospectus is still the final say,
i am not sure about nahco either, there's definitely no 1000% this time, but make we see prospectus too, i no be soothsayer

Definitely no 1000% with NAHCO. I however still see the stock doing well. If not for anything, the hype and the scarcity of teh shares. Add that to the monopolistic environment. The quantity of shares being offered is damn too small. They should be able to move the price up to 30.00 quickly. Will just pick up my rights.

The offer for sale at 5.50 was over subscribed. I expect that the PO will also be over subscribed.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by stanchuks(m): 6:53am On Sep 04, 2007
@Wanaj0
Please whats ur stack on May & Baker, the stock keeps on going up and down, i bought last month at 12.20, is it right to still hold on to it?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by wanaj0: 8:45am On Sep 04, 2007
stanchuks:

@Wanaj0
Please whats your stack on May & Baker, the stock keeps on going up and down, i bought last month at 12.20, is it right to still hold on to it?

You bought just last month so nothing to worry about!!!!!

12.20 is a bit expensive for May and Baker. To reap teh benefits, expect to be in for about 2 years. By then, they will be making profit from the Bio Vaccine plant.

If you are a short term player, you better exit. But if you are really an investor, then May and Baker is a good stock to hold!
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Tmoni(m): 11:48am On Sep 04, 2007
at easimoni et al,
so wiv a rough 1 or 2 m, nothing that gurantees a quick buck, the bank rates are appaling anything wiv a short term outlook
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by shigidi(m): 12:46pm On Sep 04, 2007
@ easimoni,
have some insutrance info u might find intersting. sovereign trust insurance had a q1 eps of 0.07. according to stockswatch magazine. if that gives an eps of o.28, this should be another 5.5k stock. this gives the maximum price appreciation(from todays price) of all insurance stocks.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by donne4real(m): 4:30pm On Sep 04, 2007
What is happening with JaPaul? Are they still coming out with their PO?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 4:48pm On Sep 04, 2007
shigidi:

@ easimoni,
have some insutrance info u might find intersting. sovereign trust insurance had a q1 eps of 0.07. according to stockswatch magazine. if that gives an eps of o.28, this should be another 5.5k stock. this gives the maximum price appreciation(from todays price) of all insurance stocks.
Most of these mags/newspapers have questionable (at best) calculations of the indices. Sov Trust had N222M 6 months and currently have 2.243B shares = 9.9k EPS (half-yr). If you include the 1.265B shares alloted but not yet listed, you can project to a FY EPS = 12.7K. Sorry Shig, I don't see N5.5.

Crusader, Niger and Standard Alliance top my list of Ins. companies based solely on forward PEs
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by nossycheek(f): 4:52pm On Sep 04, 2007
@Wanaj0 & co

I have about 700k to buy shares but I don't know the ones to buy. Do I buy Dangote PO, Japaul etc. I am really confused.

Secondly, I have been trying to change the name on my cscs account as well as make correction on my postal address through my broker for a year without success. How do I go about this?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by enurayce: 6:21pm On Sep 04, 2007
@ Easimoni<Temmie 10 and others

Whats your take on this:Union Diagnostic private placement

Do i pay any commission for buying an IPO through my stockbroker?
Thanks for your replies
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by egoldman(m): 8:04pm On Sep 04, 2007
nossycheek:

@Wanaj0 & co

I have about 700k to buy shares but I don't know the ones to buy. Do I buy Dangote PO, Japaul etc. I am really confused.

Secondly, I have been trying to change the name on my cscs account as well as make correction on my postal address through my broker for a year without success. How do I go about this?

I have same problem with you and i dont know who to blame , my brokers or cscs , its been about three months now and they are yet to change to my new address in lagos angry angry angry
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by NBA(m): 9:43pm On Sep 04, 2007
Do i pay any commission for buying an IPO through my stockbroker?
Thanks for your replies

No.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 10:49pm On Sep 04, 2007
enurayce:

@ Easimoni<Temmie 10 and others

Whats your take on this:Union Diagnostic private placement

Do you mean Design Union? If so, a link to the prospectus was posted on a thread a week or 2 ago. The earnings forecast looks really good (then again, don't they all?) 11k EPS after FY 2008. BUT, it won't be listed on the NSE till 2010 or so.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Temmie10(m): 10:58pm On Sep 04, 2007
easimoni:

Do you mean Design Union? If so, a link to the prospectus was posted on a thread a week or 2 ago. The earnings forecast looks really good (then again, don't they all?) 11k EPS after FY 2008. BUT, it won't be listed on the NSE till 2010 or so.

No its union diagnostic private placement, its a clinical dignostic company
The pp is being handled by cashcraft asset mgmt
It looks good because they have a fundamentally sound business even with customers from outside naija,
Now they are thinking of mris and other medical equipment as well as expansion
i know they have a few brranches in nigeria already,

But about valuation, i dun think the electronic prospectus is available, you'd have to go to cashcraft to get the prospectus
so i am not sure about the valuation of 1.85,
They plan to list in october in nse but thats highly unlikely given nse protocols,
If you are really interested, you'd have to ask a broker in cashcraft or go there yourself
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 11:05pm On Sep 04, 2007
My bad! Sounds like a good business.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by jdizzy(m): 11:09pm On Sep 04, 2007
Given the pessimistic view on GTB here, I'm keen to have your takes on Zenith Bank

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (46) (Reply)

"Option C" Investors Storm Oko Oloyun’s Office To Demand Their Money / MBA Forex (please I Need Better Explanation) / CBN Warns Nigerians Against “MMM”, Calls It Wonder Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.