Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,301 members, 7,940,201 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 07:20 PM

Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 - Investment (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 (80740 Views)

How To Be Rich In Nigeria / Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time / Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Vitastraka(m): 7:22pm On Sep 06, 2007
Dangote Flour: What if these guys take my money in the IPO, keep it for three months and return it back to me because the offer was oversubscribed? I would have left cash sitting idle and thinking the thing was working for me, when it was actually doing nothing
Thoughts like this give me cause to hesitate
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by yodiyokun(f): 7:44pm On Sep 06, 2007
Vitastraka:

Dangote Flour: What if these guys take my money in the IPO, keep it for three months and return it back to me because the offer was oversubscribed? I would have left cash sitting idle and thinking the thing was working for me, when it was actually doing nothing
Thoughts like this give me cause to hesitate

Hmm you have talked correct - It reminds me of the 29,000 I used to buy 1000 units of AP shares long ago - It was sooooo oversubscribed that they used quota system to apportion it. My money was returned with 400 naira interest after 2 years! By that time the market price was way over N50 per share.

This is Nigeria, just hope and pray you get a reasonable allotment
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 7:57pm On Sep 06, 2007
Too many issues with POs in naija. Just say no to them. Private placements, maybe. POs no way!
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Temmie10(m): 8:05pm On Sep 06, 2007
yodiyokun:

Hmm you have talked correct - It reminds me of the 29,000 I used to buy 1000 units of AP shares long ago - It was sooooo oversubscribed that they used quota system to apportion it. My money was returned with 400 naira interest after 2 years! By that time the market price was way over N50 per share.

This is Nigeria, just hope and pray you get a reasonable allotment

After 2 years? Only God go help person
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by yodiyokun(f): 8:19pm On Sep 06, 2007
This Union Diagnostic - its a private placement !

What is the guarantee that they will be listed by the end of the year as they said? also how do we get certificates? I guess they cannot credit our cscs account since they are not on NSE.

So how do we receive our certificates and from where do we buy.

Anyone got the prospectus?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by jehosaphat: 11:19pm On Sep 06, 2007
@ all the gurus.
Does anyone know how one can access the Union Diagnostic Private Placement from outside the country. Person dey Europe dey look all these juicy offers. Please help o! How do I get some of these?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by diva4eva(f): 12:45am On Sep 07, 2007
Hello All

PLS IF IM FILLING A FORM FOR PUBLIC OFFER AND IM REQUESTED TO WRITE MY CSCS ALC NUMBER, which number do i write. Is it the alpha numberic number or the one with just numerals. urgent reply needed. tanx
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by goldenson(m): 12:49am On Sep 07, 2007
Question for the Gurus and All

Is it possible for someone to subscribe for 1 million shares of UNion Diag. in this PP and get all of them. This is considering the total number of shares offered as only 550 million.

Please any good reply is welcome
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by NBA(m): 1:44am On Sep 07, 2007
diva4eva:

Hello All

PLS IF IM FILLING A FORM FOR PUBLIC OFFER AND IM REQUESTED TO WRITE MY CSCS ALC NUMBER, which number do i write. Is it the alpha numberic number or the one with just numerals. urgent reply needed. thanks

The one with just numbers.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Femtex(m): 3:53am On Sep 07, 2007
Hello everybody,

This goes out to all the gurus and everybody that makes this business forum so lively all the time. Thanks for all your hard work and contribution, may the good lord continue to reward you guys abundantly. I'm just curious, with the First bank just concluded PO; there is this rumor that they are not going to absorb all oversubscription. When do we get to find out how much oversubscription is been absorb? How long is it going to take for them to return our funds back to us? Please help everybody.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 4:37am On Sep 07, 2007
akininNC:

I am new to the forum. Does anyone have any feelings about the outlook on Afribank? I have quite a few of the shares. Any ideas on whether to hold onto uacn and uac propertiess, they both seem stagnant.
Thanks

Welcome to the forum. cheesy On Afribank, at a minimum, wait until the suspension is lifted after the PO is complete. There's almost always a bull run after the suspension is lifted plus the recent results have been impressive.

UACN properties' recent results have been mixed. Turnover is dropping but profit is climbing. It may be time to exit and get into higher potential stocks.

UACN seems okay!
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 4:44am On Sep 07, 2007
Femtex:

Hello everybody,

This goes out to all the gurus and everybody that makes this business forum so lively all the time. Thanks for all your hard work and contribution, may the good lord continue to reward you guys abundantly. I'm just curious, with the First bank just concluded PO; there is this rumor that they are not going to absorb all oversubscription. When do we get to find out how much oversubscription is been absorb? How long is it going to take for them to return our funds back to us? Please help everybody.

FBN promised to absorb a maximum of N125B. If they choose to absorb more than that, they'll have to apply for additional allotment. Expect that decision/approval to take months not weeks. After all, Intercontinental was oversubscribed last year and we still don't know how much they'll keep/return. It'll be crazy for FBN to absorb all N500B (~16B shares!). About getting your money back, this site is full of stories about people waiting more than a year to get the funds back. Then again some companies, esp banks, have been able to return excess funds in a few months. Again months and not weeks. If anyone has anything more specific, pls chime in.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by akininNC(m): 5:00am On Sep 07, 2007
@easimoni
Thanks for the info. You guys are great.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by onuku: 2:55pm On Sep 07, 2007
Temmie10, Frankiriri, and easimoni; Please guys, how can one get the form for the International Breweries PO? I can't find the website for the Sterling Capital Market Ltd.
Can you guys hook a buddy up with the form?

Appreciated.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by boomba: 5:39pm On Sep 07, 2007
Union Bank is rumoured to be planning a 1 for 4, and a div of N1.3/share - true

GTB - Union, there are rumours of a likely marriage here, pray tell what value does this hold?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by BIGBOYLARY(m): 7:25pm On Sep 07, 2007
@ easimoni,

You are rite am still waiting for the refund of my ADC collapsed shares up till now its no show anyway the waiting game can be up to years plus or sometimes less if U are just lucky thats my short@ the fund returning to hand.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by akangbee(m): 11:45am On Sep 10, 2007
@ all
please find the link to union diagnostic pp below
http://cashcraft.com/uniondiagnostic3.pdf
All the gurus, whats your stake on this ?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by akangbee(m): 11:47am On Sep 10, 2007
@ all
please find the link to union diagnostic pp below
http://cashcraft.com/uniondiagnostic3.pdf
All the gurus, whats your stake on this ?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by adeyinkat: 12:41pm On Sep 10, 2007
Hello everyone,

This is just to appreciate all you gurus & greenhorns making this forum tick. You guys are too much, from the interesting questions to the incisive answers/analysis! There are many people like me who follow the thread diligently and gain a lot from the posts. To think that you all do this for free and to learn from eachother shows me there's a great future for Nigeria.

So to Temmie10, Frankiriri, Windywendy(congrats on ur new baby), Easimoni, Shigidi , Yodiyokun shocked, Wanajo, Bigolarry, Emmachile,  and all the rest (sorry if l didnt mention ur name o), l say God bless & 3 Gbosa, Gbosa, GBOSA!!
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by abocana: 1:13pm On Sep 10, 2007
I will like to know whether Nahco is out today sept 10. can anybody help out 4 the form?please.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by abocana: 1:14pm On Sep 10, 2007
I will like to know whether Nahco is out  today sept 10. can anybody help out 4 the form?please.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by LondonCool(m): 2:36pm On Sep 10, 2007
Can scanned copies of IPO share forms be accepted for purchased of shares anyone ? I'm trying to beat the deadline of Dangote Flour instead of sending my form by post from UK.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Geees: 3:13pm On Sep 10, 2007
LondonCool:

Can scanned copies of IPO share forms be accepted for purchased of shares anyone ? I'm trying to beat the deadline of Dangote Flour instead of sending my form by post from UK.

Yes London cool
I send most of my correspondence that way
cheers
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by marjson(m): 3:27pm On Sep 10, 2007
smiley INTERNATIONAL BEWERIES IPO FORM SOMEBODY HELP ME OUT, WHERE CAN I GET THE FORMS PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS cool cool
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by NBA(m): 4:17pm On Sep 10, 2007
Geees:

Yes London cool
I send most of my correspondence that way
cheers

Interesting. My broker will not accept scanned copies for IPO's/PO's. I have to mail signed copies.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by steeviee(m): 4:44pm On Sep 10, 2007
to you guys and ladies in the house. i so much i appreciate this forum.

TEMMIE10, EASIMONI AND CO

i have N1,700,000.00 to pump into the market for long term but i just can't come up with the right mix.

please guys & ladies help a brother

thanks i appreciate
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by shigidi(m): 4:48pm On Sep 10, 2007
adeyinkat:

Hello everyone,

This is just to appreciate all you gurus & greenhorns making this forum tick. You guys are too much, from the interesting questions to the incisive answers/analysis! There are many people like me who follow the thread diligently and gain a lot from the posts. To think that you all do this for free and to learn from eachother shows me there's a great future for Nigeria.

So to Temmie10, Frankiriri, Windywendy(congrats on your new baby), Easimoni, Shigidi , Yodiyokun shocked, Wanajo, Bigolarry, Emmachile, and all the rest (sorry if l didnt mention your name o), l say God bless & 3 Gbosa, Gbosa, GBOSA!!
aawwwww shucks embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by bonjee: 11:51pm On Sep 10, 2007
guys
am also new into this stock thing

i was wondering if it's realistic to wait until the dangote flour PO closes,
if\when it's placed on the stock exchange,
then purchase it for the bull run
i got a loan to take
what other stocks do you suggest to give me some good earnings b4fore the year runs out.

also what's your take on the japaul oil hybrib offer
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by akintommy: 4:18am On Sep 11, 2007
hello fellow forum members, i understand that it is good to trade in stocks but, there are other worthwhile programmes online that one can benefit in with a reasonable return on investment. You may try this programme as you also try other indingenous stocks. I wish you all the best!

http://www.accessinvestmentforever.com/myHome.php

Kind regards!

Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by shogbenga: 7:21am On Sep 11, 2007
dear wanajo

please kindly make available your e mail add and if possible yr phone no. i will like to contact you. you guys are doing a wonderful job on this forum to educate investors. thanks
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by jib: 5:33pm On Sep 11, 2007
Hi everyone,

does anyone know if the IPO forms for International Breweries Plc is available?
I have searched the net but nothing. Is it not open to the public ?

Thanks

JIB
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by whitelexi(m): 9:57am On Sep 12, 2007
marjson:

smiley INTERNATIONAL BEWERIES IPO FORM SOMEBODY HELP ME OUT, WHERE CAN I GET THE FORMS PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS cool cool

Just to let u know, I searched as well and couldnt find it. . . Perhaps its available internally but not on the web

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (46) (Reply)

"Option C" Investors Storm Oko Oloyun’s Office To Demand Their Money / MBA Forex (please I Need Better Explanation) / CBN Warns Nigerians Against “MMM”, Calls It Wonder Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.