Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,132 members, 7,880,558 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:58 PM

Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity (23860 Views)

Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest / Married Woman Begs Cassper Nyovest To Fertilize Her As He Lands In Nigeria / Davido Congratulates Cassper Nyovest As He Sold Out 68K Stadium Capacity (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by Olamilekxy(m): 7:01am On Jul 29, 2019
emerged01:

You cant see any of these noisy artists on my playlists. My eardrum is more important to me than any foolish songs. I'm ambassador of good songs. I cherish good lyrics alot.

abeg which type of music u dey listen to? u are calling them noisy artists yet dey kip glowing in the world , five artist from naija were feature on Beyonce album, in music industry naija dey lead in Africa if u like call it noisy, we love it like dat, moreover please can you enter studio and give us cool music ,at least maybe u go blow.

3 Likes

Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by XhosaNostra(f): 7:01am On Jul 29, 2019
chinavs9ja:

Yes, that is why I said he is envious...he wishes to be Nigerian where hip hop songs are mostly appreciated.

Oh, sorry I misunderstood. That could be it. Well, he could always port to Port Harcourt because we're not going to start liking Hip Hop over House any time soon grin
Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by chinavs9ja(m): 7:02am On Jul 29, 2019
Olamilekxy:

oga wetin u dey talk ? u keep saying they did not add value to society , wait !! are they local government or senator or Shey dem be minister for society ni? okay tell me where nicki minaj or cardi b , Chris Brown and other big American artist add value to der society, government are responsible for the development of the country , and u kip sayin it as if it der responsibility, sit down der don't work ur ass off and keep blaming wizzy for promoting the society.
Who is talking about development? Their song should be able to change the life of youth positively and to energize youths to be more focus about life. Look at the so-called nairamarley publicly supporting the yahoo as a job. Some artistes are disfiguring the beauty of moral with the rubbish they sing...many are hypocrites, they won't support what am saying because they enjoy their jagons!
Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by XhosaNostra(f): 7:05am On Jul 29, 2019
Aderewah:
Lol. Southafricans have natural envy for Nigerians. I can't wait for Nigeria to take its right position in the world so we can deny every single south african visa.

What are we envious of?
Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by olujastro: 7:06am On Jul 29, 2019
XhosaNostra:

I don't think he's envious because he's doing well in his own career & has major support at home. He fills up stadiums after all. However, South Africa is not a Hip Hop loving country. We love House music. Our own music awards revolve around House, so I can see how the likes of him would, perhaps, feel a bit unappreciated. Personally, I don't like his songs or AKA's lol.
You and your "house music" that no one knows anything about.
It must be very popular inside your house alone

2 Likes

Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by Memberclub(m): 7:09am On Jul 29, 2019
chinavs9ja:
You wish to be a Nigerian? When many Nigerians were finding any possible means to rush out of the country sad This guy is drunk...We are promoting what won't add value to the life of the youths.

I am a website designer and developer...check my signature
olodo he is talking about music
Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by James4bright(m): 7:12am On Jul 29, 2019
This made my morning, proudly Nigerian.
Fu*k our political sector.
Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by XhosaNostra(f): 7:12am On Jul 29, 2019
olujastro:

You and your "house music" that no one knows anything about.
It must be very popular inside your house alone

Maybe YOU don't know about it, but fortunately, the world doesn't revolve around YOUR interests. South African House is popular all over SADC & East Africa.

Nothing beats the sound of House grin

[
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7NX-bSGSfQ]

[
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sscYx8j-iZk]
Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by chinavs9ja(m): 7:12am On Jul 29, 2019
Memberclub:
olodo he is talking about music
Can you just pick one out of the artistes that our music industries are promoting whose song is adding value to the society?
Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by Olamilekxy(m): 7:16am On Jul 29, 2019
chinavs9ja:

Who is talking about development? Their song should be able to change the life of youth positively and to energize youths to be more focus about life. Look at the so-called nairamarley publicly supporting the yahoo as a job. Some artistes are disfiguring the beauty of moral with the rubbish they sing...many are hypocrites, they won't support what am saying because they enjoy their jagons!

bro if u want to listen to song that will change life of youth positively better be listening to gospel music cos I think hip hop is not for dat reason, not only naija hip hop did not add value to youth even other countries, I read one nicki minaj lyrics but am suprise dat nah pussy, dick, ass,Bleep off full d lyrics, so if a youth want to listen to a song dat will change der life positively, they should listen to gospel or Islamic song, dats y some youth don't listen to hip hop.
Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by TSRC: 7:18am On Jul 29, 2019
This is the same South African music that some oversabi Nigerians claim is the best thing sinced sliced bread.

They talk about how nasty C raps better than Ruggedman and 50cent combined.
As if that is what the world is looking for.

3 Likes

Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by Holla911(m): 7:23am On Jul 29, 2019
Debaiz:
Hate him or love him that unity and promotion of local content is the handwork of OBJ.

I remember back then when he(through NBC) banned foreign musics and movies from Nigerian airwaves. B.C.O.S Ibadan used to show Indian films on Friday, Chinese films on Wednesday and American films on other days. They all stopped and were forced to show Nigerian films. AIT started showing English(Igbo) films. Then we also started hearing the likes of Olu maintain, Hedris abdulkarim, tony tetuila, plantation Boiz, tony one week etc.

He didn’t stop at that he encouraged comedians like Alibaba and the likes by constantly having a comedy slot on FGs public programs. These actions gave rise to Nigerian entertainment industry but the music industry exploded far more than anyone could’ve imagined given the advancement of the US music industry then.

The idea may not be his(originally) but kudos to him for the courage to implement it and follow through.

I can’t help but to bring the other things he banned that we are now enjoying massive local production.

Cement importation was banned.
Dangote, BUA Group and Larfarge took advantage of it and became what they are today. Today, we not only export cements, but we export cement companies as a whole(dangote cement company). Jobs for Nigerians and savings on forex. Higher foreign deposit. Stable currency.

Importation of vegetable oil was banned
Now we have mamador, Sunola, Grand oil, Power oil, Devon kings oil etc produced locally. Jobs for Nigerians and savings on forex. Higher foreign deposit. Stable currency.

Importation of Poultry products were banned
Now we have Zartech, Tuns, Obasanjo farm, Ajanla farm and scores of businesses in either small scales or large scale. Jobs for Nigerians and savings on forex. Higher foreign deposit. Stable currency.

Pasta was banned which gave dangote and flourmill the opportunity to produce spaghetti locally. When last did anyone saw a foreign produced spaghetti in any Nigerian shop.

Same goes for noodles. We now have dangote noodles, Indomie noodles etc produced locally.

Obasanjo went as far as arresting shop owners and supermarkets that still displays and sells those banned products then. A lot of people went bankrupt through poultry products seized and destroyed. Today we are the ones enjoying the long term effect.

PMB came in he banned importation of rice. Today we are the largest producers of rice in Africa. We are also the largest importer of rice in Africa. Meaning we are not yet there but we will get there.

Again they have restricted access to forex for milk importation, enemies of progress have started antagonizing it.

If you know what is good for you as a Nigerian, start your own RUGA on that your family land. That 2million you want to blow on a wedding that may crash after two months, go and buy 10cows and let them start producing 100liters of milk each per day. That’s a total of 1000liters of milk per day, 30,000liters per month and 360,000liters in a year. Get a company to sell them to and start expanding.

If you have N2million you’re not using come and borrow me o. I have RUGA to start in my fathers compound.

I beg to disagree with you at this assertion. Accolades should be given to keke and D1 of primetime tv for there sacrifice to the Nigerian music industry and also to dokpesi for funding primetime tv projects.
Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by chinavs9ja(m): 7:26am On Jul 29, 2019
Olamilekxy:

bro if u want to listen to song that will change life of youth positively better be listening to gospel music cos I think hip hop is not for dat reason, not only naija hip hop did not add value to youth even other countries, I read one nicki minaj lyrics but am suprise dat nah pussy, dick, ass,Bleep off full d lyrics, so if a youth want to listen to a song dat will change der life positively, they should listen to gospel or Islamic song, dats y some youth don't listen to hip hop.
You are on point...In South Africa, they prefer house song(native) to hip hop songs...that's why he wishes to be a Nigerian. But here, our youths embrace the so-called artistes with the rubbish they are singing, neglecting the valuable songs.
Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by o9o9: 7:36am On Jul 29, 2019
Debaiz:
Hate him or love him that unity and promotion of local content is the handwork of OBJ.

I remember back then when he(through NBC) banned foreign musics and movies from Nigerian airwaves. B.C.O.S Ibadan used to show Indian films on Friday, Chinese films on Wednesday and American films on other days. They all stopped and were forced to show Nigerian films. AIT started showing English(Igbo) films. Then we also started hearing the likes of Olu maintain, Hedris abdulkarim, tony tetuila, plantation Boiz, tony one week etc.

He didn’t stop at that he encouraged comedians like Alibaba and the likes by constantly having a comedy slot on FGs public programs. These actions gave rise to Nigerian entertainment industry but the music industry exploded far more than anyone could’ve imagined given the advancement of the US music industry then.

The idea may not be his(originally) but kudos to him for the courage to implement it and follow through.

I can’t help but to bring the other things he banned that we are now enjoying massive local production.

Dangote, BUA Group and Larfarge took advantage of it and became what they are today. Today, we not only export cements, but we export cement companies as a whole(dangote cement company). Jobs for Nigerians and savings on forex. Higher foreign deposit. Stable currency.

Now we have mamador, Sunola, Grand oil, Power oil, Devon kings oil etc produced locally. Jobs for Nigerians and savings on forex. Higher foreign deposit. Stable currency.

Now we have Zartech, Tuns, Obasanjo farm, Ajanla farm and scores of businesses in either small scales or large scale. Jobs for Nigerians and savings on forex. Higher foreign deposit. Stable currency.

Pasta was banned which gave dangote and flourmill the opportunity to produce spaghetti locally. When last did anyone saw a foreign produced spaghetti in any Nigerian shop.

Same goes for noodles. We now have dangote noodles, Indomie noodles etc produced locally.

Obasanjo went as far as arresting shop owners and supermarkets that still displays and sells those banned products then. A lot of people went bankrupt through poultry products seized and destroyed. Today we are the ones enjoying the long term effect.

PMB came in he banned importation of rice. Today we are the largest producers of rice in Africa. We are also the largest importer of rice in Africa. Meaning we are not yet there but we will get there.

Again they have restricted access to forex for milk importation, enemies of progress have started antagonizing it.

If you know what is good for you as a Nigerian, start your own RUGA on that your family land. That 2million you want to blow on a wedding that may crash after two months, go and buy 10cows and let them start producing 100liters of milk each per day. That’s a total of 1000liters of milk per day, 30,000liters per month and 360,000liters in a year. Get a company to sell them to and start expanding.

If you have N2million you’re not using come and borrow me o. I have RUGA to start in my fathers compound.

You can't helo but admire him. He was a bad leader in some aspects but he had the understanding that he should get good people to surround him and he had lots of young people then.

Today YALE biscuits was a result of his ingenious push for ban on foreign made confectionery back then .

What we need mostly is import substitution and funds for local businesses, more reason that African Trade whatever is a bullshit given that Mali, Ivory Coast and other Francophone countries are just a dumping ground for French products and those would inadvertedly find their ways into Nigeria instead of the other way round.
Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by timay(m): 7:38am On Jul 29, 2019
chinavs9ja:

You are on point...In South Africa, they prefer house song(native) to hip hop songs...that's why he wishes to be a Nigerian. But here, our youths embrace the so-called artistes with the rubbish they are singing, neglecting the valuable songs.

The only valuable songs that teach morals are Gospel and Islamic songs.

The other Genres are not meant to teach morals, but to entertain. So GTFOH.

If you want songs that teaches values and morals in the society, go and listen to Gospel songs or it's equivalent. Even most Gospel songs of nowadays are now local contents. Not many people listen to Foreign gospel songs again.

So this local music contents also has effect on the Gospel music industry as well

1 Like

Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by MRAKBEE(m): 7:39am On Jul 29, 2019
Debaiz:

Largest producer of rice but I still buy foreign rice from the market. Shey our rice farmer produce and consume all? Or there is not enough bags for filling the produce for sale like what Audu Ogbeh said the other day?
Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by MRAKBEE(m): 7:45am On Jul 29, 2019
chinavs9ja:

You are the one that you don't think...with those artiste you just mention, how many of them add value to the society with what they are singing. Casper is only envy of how the so called Nigeria artiste are flourishing with the nonsense they are singing
So u mean the music industry hasn't done any good to us? What about employment opportunities, increase in GDP, promotion of the tourism industry and countless other benefits. They might not sing what u wanna hear but these guys have made us proud. There bring good vibes and happiness since government operates without any meaningful impact on citizens . I hope u are adding much value to your community every day.

1 Like

Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by nanauju(f): 7:51am On Jul 29, 2019
Debaiz:

LOL so after all your as$ licking, u don't have 2m to start your ruga.
Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by stanliwiser: 7:51am On Jul 29, 2019
XhosaNostra are you here?

1 Like

Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by XhosaNostra(f): 7:53am On Jul 29, 2019
stanliwiser:
XhosaNostra are you here?

smiley
Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by timay(m): 7:54am On Jul 29, 2019
MRAKBEE:

Largest producer of rice but I still buy foreign rice from the market. Shey our rice farmer produce and consume all? Or there is not enough bags for filling the produce for sale like what Audu Ogbeh said the other day?

Bro, you don't get

We consume a lot of rice daily in Nigeria, so our own local rice is not enough to satisfy the demand.

Going by the amount of rice produced , we are the largest producer in Africa , and as well the Largest importer.

So it will take time for it to balance out. More people are going into rice production every day, so with time , rice importation will phase out. And we might even start exporting in future. The point is that, the govt took the very bold initial step of banning importation at first, so as to stimulate local production.

In the cement industry for example, when cement importation was first banned, Local production began, and the likes of Dangote, Lafarge , etc started production. Then we used to still import, despite the ban because we couldn't sustain all demands with local production. But as time went on, Cement importation dropped, and now we are self sufficient, and we now export cement to other neighboring African countries, to the extent that Dangote now has plants in a lot of African countries.
Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by stanliwiser: 7:56am On Jul 29, 2019
XhosaNostra:

smiley
hahahah, you never disappoint, I saw the thread was about South Africa, so I thought of calling your name as you could be around. grin grin grin

Another Xhosa vs others thread

1 Like

Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by Nobody: 8:01am On Jul 29, 2019
Oluwa mi o.... This is the first time I'm hearing someone wishing to be a Nigerian.
Buhari must have bribed him to say that..
Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by throwaway: 8:02am On Jul 29, 2019
Debaiz:

Nigeria, largest producer of rice in Africa? Do you have sources?
Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by MRAKBEE(m): 8:03am On Jul 29, 2019
timay:

Bro, you don't get

We consume a lot of rice daily in Nigeria, so our own local rice is not enough to satisfy the demand.

Going by the amount of rice produced , we are the largest producer in Africa , and as well the Largest importer.

So it will take time for it to balance out. More people are going into rice production every day, so with time , rice importation will phase out. And we might even start exporting in future. The point is that, the govt took the very bold initial step of banning importation at first, so as to stimulate local production.

In the cement industry for example, when cement importation was first banned, Local production began, and the likes of Dangote, Lafarge , etc started production. Then we used to still import, despite the ban because we couldn't sustain all demands with local production. But as time went on, Cement importation dropped, and now we are self sufficient, and we now export cement to other neighboring African countries, to the extent that Dangote now has plants in a lot of African countries.
I live in kebbi state and I can tell u that local rice ain't available at all. This is the same state where the overhyped anchor borrowers program was launched with several billion of naira given out to farmers as loan. However, some would rather use it to marry a fourth wife or settle other family wahala.. Much of the loan hasn't been paid back and will never be paid back after all we live in a country where some parts enjoy alot of government welfare while unemployment rate continues to grow in the other part. Government even pays your bride price for you here .. Whether u agree or not, We have bn scammed.
Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by PopeFlatino(m): 8:14am On Jul 29, 2019
grin u made sense....I do chat with them on Facebook,they see Nigeria as a dream destination,,,some even adds Nigeria flag to their bio both on Facebook and Instagram...but I do wonder why?
Aderewah:
Lol. Southafricans have natural envy for Nigerians. I can't wait for Nigeria to take its right position in the world so we can deny every single south african visa.
Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by winnah(f): 8:16am On Jul 29, 2019
Debaiz:

such a palatable post. constructively you highlighted a problem and a solution. ''
[size=8pt][/size]
Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by XhosaNostra(f): 8:18am On Jul 29, 2019
stanliwiser:
hahahah, you never disappoint, I saw the thread was about South Africa, so I thought of calling your name as you could be around. grin grin grin

Another Xhosa vs others thread

I didn't even pay attention to this thread until someone mentioned me though & noone is bashing anyone lol.

1 Like

Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by stanliwiser: 8:19am On Jul 29, 2019
XhosaNostra:

I didn't even pay attention to this thread until someone mentioned me though & noone is bashing anyone lol.
okay good then, how have you been?
Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by Memberclub(m): 8:24am On Jul 29, 2019
chinavs9ja:

Can you just pick one out of the artistes that our music industries are promoting whose song is adding value to the society?
okay. Can you explain what you mean by adding value?
Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by XhosaNostra(f): 8:35am On Jul 29, 2019
stanliwiser:
okay good then, how have you been?

I'm in bed feeling sick, down with a bad case of the flu yet again. I'm sensitive to seasonal changes. These are the last few days of winter, so my system is acting up. Got a splitting headache but I can't sleep during the day. But I know everything will clear within a day or two.

How are you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Uti: Jesus Will Be Disappointed On Nigerian Christians Supporting Trump / Welcome Dbanj To The Illuminati / Ice Prince Celebrates His 30th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.