Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,150 members, 7,880,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 10:12 PM

Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity (23862 Views)

Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest / Married Woman Begs Cassper Nyovest To Fertilize Her As He Lands In Nigeria / Davido Congratulates Cassper Nyovest As He Sold Out 68K Stadium Capacity (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by BizBayo: 8:41am On Jul 29, 2019
XhosaNostra:

Oh, sorry I misunderstood. That could be it. Well, he could always port to Port Harcourt because we're not going to start liking Hip Hop over House any time soon grin

I decree from now on, y'all will start liking hip hop. Say amen grin
Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by mrpaedo(m): 8:41am On Jul 29, 2019
TSRC:
This is the same South African music that some oversabi Nigerians claim is the best thing sinced sliced bread.

They talk about how nasty C raps better than Ruggedman and 50cent combined.
As if that is what the world is looking for.
Those artistes will never be internationally recognised.The world is seeking for originality in musical sounds not another 50cent or David Guetta wannabe

2 Likes

Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by stanliwiser: 8:42am On Jul 29, 2019
XhosaNostra:

I'm in bed feeling sick, down with a bad case of the flu yet again. I'm sensitive to seasonal changes. These are the last few days of winter, so my system is acting up. Got a splitting headache but I can't sleep during the day. But I know everything will clear within a day or two.

How are you?
Aah, Ensure you treat it properly and take good care.

hehehe been down with Malaria for three days o, just got better yesterday and now much much better, it was really another bad malaria experience.

I pray for you from here in Jesus Name.

1 Like

Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by cooljoe(m): 9:03am On Jul 29, 2019
Debaiz:
Hate him or love him that unity and promotion of local content is the handwork of OBJ.

I remember back then when he(through NBC) banned foreign musics and movies from Nigerian airwaves. B.C.O.S Ibadan used to show Indian films on Friday, Chinese films on Wednesday and American films on other days. They all stopped and were forced to show Nigerian films. AIT started showing English(Igbo) films. Then we also started hearing the likes of Olu maintain, Hedris abdulkarim, tony tetuila, plantation Boiz, tony one week etc.

He didn’t stop at that he encouraged comedians like Alibaba and the likes by constantly having a comedy slot on FGs public programs. These actions gave rise to Nigerian entertainment industry but the music industry exploded far more than anyone could’ve imagined given the advancement of the US music industry then.

The idea may not be his(originally) but kudos to him for the courage to implement it and follow through.

I can’t help but to bring the other things he banned that we are now enjoying massive local production.

Cement importation was banned.
Dangote, BUA Group and Larfarge took advantage of it and became what they are today. Today, we not only export cements, but we export cement companies as a whole(dangote cement company). Jobs for Nigerians and savings on forex. Higher foreign deposit. Stable currency.

Importation of vegetable oil was banned
Now we have mamador, Sunola, Grand oil, Power oil, Devon kings oil etc produced locally. Jobs for Nigerians and savings on forex. Higher foreign deposit. Stable currency.

Importation of Poultry products were banned
Now we have Zartech, Tuns, Obasanjo farm, Ajanla farm and scores of businesses in either small scales or large scale. Jobs for Nigerians and savings on forex. Higher foreign deposit. Stable currency.

Pasta was banned which gave dangote and flourmill the opportunity to produce spaghetti locally. When last did anyone saw a foreign produced spaghetti in any Nigerian shop.

Same goes for noodles. We now have dangote noodles, Indomie noodles etc produced locally.

Obasanjo went as far as arresting shop owners and supermarkets that still displays and sells those banned products then. A lot of people went bankrupt through poultry products seized and destroyed. Today we are the ones enjoying the long term effect.

PMB came in he banned importation of rice. Today we are the largest producers of rice in Africa. We are also the largest importer of rice in Africa. Meaning we are not yet there but we will get there.

Again they have restricted access to forex for milk importation, enemies of progress have started antagonizing it.

If you know what is good for you as a Nigerian, start your own RUGA on that your family land. That 2million you want to blow on a wedding that may crash after two months, go and buy 10cows and let them start producing 100liters of milk each per day. That’s a total of 1000liters of milk per day, 30,000liters per month and 360,000liters in a year. Get a company to sell them to and start expanding.

If you have N2million you’re not using come and borrow me o. I have RUGA to start in my fathers compound.
my brother Dangote is already on the milk movement
Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by XhosaNostra(f): 9:12am On Jul 29, 2019
BizBayo:

Lol, we have Hip Hop lovers but they're not that many. IMO, Hip Hop is the kind of music that sounds more authentic or better when done by artistes from the USA. From any other part of the world it sounds phony, because usually, they have to fake the lifestyle & accent. That's why it's not easy to relate to for most people. It's too pompous & OTT for the ordinary person. I do love Hip Hop though, I just don't listen to the likes of Casper. I prefer to listen to artistes with mature lyrics & delivery style.

1 Like

Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by XhosaNostra(f): 9:14am On Jul 29, 2019
BizBayo:

This is one of the FEW South African Hip Hop songs I like because it's not boasting or rambling on about nothing

[
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQKZbFe0V-k]
Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by Nobody: 9:20am On Jul 29, 2019
Neddstark:
Ours remains one of the worst music industries in the world. The top remains on top and doesn't let the upcoming ones take their shine
You made two sentences, and both are false.

1 Like

Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by XhosaNostra(f): 9:27am On Jul 29, 2019
stanliwiser:

hehehe been down with Malaria for three days o, just got better yesterday and now much much better, it was really another bad malaria experience.

Lol, thanks for the prayer but it's just a momentary thing that happens every now & then. I should be feeling tops in no time.

For some reason I thought malaria is deadly tongue How do you know when it's malaria & not just any other illness? Wishing you a speedy recovery, btw smiley
Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by Kaydiscography(m): 9:55am On Jul 29, 2019
Don't keep that distance bro
You don't need to marry our own or stay for some number of years to gain citizenship, just fly come ipaja here... I would gladly host you i fit even dash you my girlfriend..I'll get another one asap.
I bet you wouldn't have stayed for one week before you wished you never came .

1 Like

Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by Revolva(m): 11:20am On Jul 29, 2019
Casper de dream he does not know that I. Nigeria it's hard somehow if you don't have favour from.the top

All wat he is praising Nigeria for na lie it is south Africa that has a more sturctured n unify Industry not here our only advantage is the English we speak simple

Casper you can come n be a naija pls abeg when body tell you

Na japa u go de
Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by Revolva(m): 11:30am On Jul 29, 2019
XhosaNostra:

Stop talking nonsense. Do you know how many music genres we have in South Africa? You have rappers in your country too, why aren't you making noise about them doing a music style from abroad? South Africa is known for two genres, House music & Kwaito. The later is our own creation (which is now done all over SADC), so I'm not sure how we're copying anyone when even you dabble in different genres of music.

Bro you are right I love south African sound a lot than our garbage we produce

Naija don't have any structure music Industry am a music promoter and I will tell you the whole truth even distribution here is poor . Piracy from alaba market alone can render a struggling label down

Even Spotify n vevo don't count here

It's all luck these artist spring up with garbage lyrics and meaningless sound it's all the luck of new advanced sound from software we were able to get where we are yes there are great artist from here but 70% of Dem are rubbish

In SA they have their own sound house music which anytime I hear it I feel sometin is bubbling in me so soul touching

Kwaito dance also very energetic dance move and SA hip-hop is for real and again their videos are much crisper and doper than ours right from time before the likes of clearance Peter's and the top A list director went over there to learn directing and invested it in naija

We only have Afrobeat sound here as our original sound the rest sound are not from us pls it's a hybrid of genre around d world music we use to get modern music done by our new generation artist

1 Like

Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by XhosaNostra(f): 11:42am On Jul 29, 2019
Revolva:

Naija don't have any structure music Industry am a music promoter and I will tell you the whole truth even distribution here is poor . Piracy from alaba market alone can render a struggling label down

It's all luck these artist spring up with garbage lyrics and meaningless sound it's all the luck of new advanced sound from software we were able to get where we are yes there are great artist from here but 70% of Dem are rubbish

In SA they have their own sound house music which anytime I hear it I feel sometin is bubbling in me so soul touching

Kwaito dance also very energetic dance move and SA hip-hop is for real and again their videos are much crisper and doper than ours right from time before the likes of clearance Peter's and the top A list director went over there to learn directing and invested it in naija

We only have Afrobeat sound here as our original sound the rest sound are not from us pls it's a hybrid of genre around d world music we use to get modern music done by our new generation artist

@bolded, I was about to point that out too. You do have some good songs. All time favourites of mine are Leg over, Pana & that song by Runtown. The lyrics can make no sense sometimes but that's forgivable when the tune is catchy.

Thanks for the compliment. Our music have diversified over the years because even with house, we now have different genres.

1 Like

Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by BizBayo: 11:53am On Jul 29, 2019
XhosaNostra:

This is one of the FEW South African Hip Hop songs I like because it's not boasting or rambling on about nothing

[
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQKZbFe0V-k]

I remember those early years of MTV Base, I do watch HHP and I like his style of hip hop. I guess he is dead now, if I'm not mistaken. I like Casper and AKA too. Just that these guys need to infuse their rap with afro beat or the basic house music in southy. If they can project their rap in another dimension that the locals can relate with, it will help them. From there, they can get the locals to listen to their initial style of rap. Here in naija, we do infuse rap with home beats and its really helping.

1 Like

Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by Snapchat: 12:11pm On Jul 29, 2019
Revolva:

See brother...
Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by chinavs9ja(m): 12:17pm On Jul 29, 2019
MRAKBEE:

So u mean the music industry hasn't done any good to us? What about employment opportunities, increase in GDP, promotion of the tourism industry and countless other benefits. They might not sing what u wanna hear but these guys have made us proud. There bring good vibes and happiness since government operates without any meaningful impact on citizens . I hope u are adding much value to your community every day.
So teaching you that yahoo is a business is value to you...wake up man!
Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by XhosaNostra(f): 12:28pm On Jul 29, 2019
BizBayo:

I remember those early years of MTV Base, I do watch HHP and I like his style of hip hop. I guess he is dead now, if I'm not mistaken. I like Casper and AKA too. Just that these guys need to infuse their rap with afro beat or the basic house music in southy. If they can project their rap in another dimension that the locals can relate with, it will help them. From there, they can get the locals to listen to their initial style of rap. Here in naija, we do infuse rap with home beats and its really helping.

JR & Zola already mixed Kwaito with Rap way back in the day. They were hugely popular then.

[
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU-6FhhF3qs]
Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by Bambambiglo: 12:41pm On Jul 29, 2019
stanliwiser:

Why ass kissing that south African idiot so much. Get a grip of yourself man
Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by tck2000(m): 1:11pm On Jul 29, 2019
[quote author=Debaiz post=80727156]Hate him or love him that unity and promotion of local content is the handwork of OBJ.

I remember back then when he(through NBC) banned foreign musics and movies from Nigerian airwaves. B.C.O.S Ibadan used to show Indian films on Friday, Chinese films on Wednesday and American films on other days. They all stopped and were forced to show Nigerian films. AIT started showing English(Igbo) films. Then we also started hearing the likes of Olu maintain, Hedris abdulkarim, tony tetuila, plantation Boiz, tony one week etc.

He didn’t stop at that he encouraged comedians like Alibaba and the likes by constantly having a comedy slot on FGs public programs. These actions gave rise to Nigerian entertainment industry but the music industry exploded far more than anyone could’ve imagined given the advancement of the US music industry then.

The idea may not be his(originally) but kudos to him for the courage to implement it and follow through.

Somehow,you are right
Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by stanliwiser: 1:47pm On Jul 29, 2019
Bambambiglo:

Why ass kissing that south African idiot so much. Get a grip of yourself man
You are very stupid for that. Do you know me before or do you know how we met?
Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by Bambambiglo: 1:49pm On Jul 29, 2019
stanliwiser:
You are very stupid for that. Do you know me before or do you know how we met?

Your dad is worse
Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by Bruno3000(m): 2:09pm On Jul 29, 2019
Aderewah:
Lol. Southafricans have natural envy for Nigerians. I can't wait for Nigeria to take its right position in the world so we can deny every single south african visa.
Leaders like buhari will frustrate that dream of urs grin
Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by Bruno3000(m): 2:15pm On Jul 29, 2019
Mandesz:
I wish to be a south African!

if swapping can be allowed let me hear
All that glitters isn't gold. Be careful for what u wish for.
Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by stanliwiser: 3:15pm On Jul 29, 2019
Bambambiglo:

Your dad is worse

Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by Debaiz: 4:47pm On Jul 29, 2019
Holla911:

I beg to disagree with you at this assertion. Accolades should be given to keke and D1 of primetime tv for there sacrifice to the Nigerian music industry and also to dokpesi for funding primetime tv projects.

Who cares about Keke and D1 during the time American music was raving.

You forgot Keke and D1 came to manage Tuface after he had left plantation boiz. And plantation boys were on the airwaves wen obj placed a ban.

Keke and D1 were like the Dangote of music industry. They spotted the opportunity in the government policy and went for it. They’ve been in the entertainment industry for a very long time before the ban without much success cos they couldn’t compete with foreign musics.
Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by Debaiz: 4:58pm On Jul 29, 2019
throwaway:

Nigeria, largest producer of rice in Africa? Do you have sources?

Google is your friend my broda.

You don’t have to take everything I said. You can make your own research and then counter what I said.
Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by IronGalaxy: 11:13pm On Jul 29, 2019
Aderewah:
Lol. Southafricans have natural envy for Nigerians. I can't wait for Nigeria to take its right position in the world so we can deny every single south african visa.
everyone on the world envies you and I'm yet to know what exactly it is that we envy
Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by IronGalaxy: 11:17pm On Jul 29, 2019
olujastro:
Nigerians I know are not so enthusiastic about consuming only made in Nigeria products, especially because some local products have less quality than foreign brands.

But for Nigerian music, the quality has been consistently superb and original in the last 20 years thereabouts that we don't even have time to look outside.

Meanwhile, SA musicians will be copying American style, Ghana will be copying Nigerian style to a large extent, while Kenyan artistes don't even have talent at all, yet they expect us to listen to their craps.
IronGalaxy, tell your copycat artistes to make good music and we will listen. smiley
you only have one sound and one genre and anyone doing something else is not successful, hence why even your rappers change genres cause the market demands them to do Afrobeat or whatever you call it. In SA it doesn't matter what genre you make you still find success.
Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by IronGalaxy: 11:19pm On Jul 29, 2019
XhosaNostra:

Stop talking nonsense. Do you know how many music genres we have in South Africa? You have rappers in your country too, why aren't you making noise about them doing a music style from abroad? South Africa is known for two genres, House music & Kwaito. The later is our own creation (which is now done all over SADC), so I'm not sure how we're copying anyone when even you dabble in different genres of music.
in South Africa we have genres other African countries can dream of.

1 Like

Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by IronGalaxy: 11:22pm On Jul 29, 2019
XhosaNostra:

I don't think he's envious because he's doing well in his own career & has major support at home. He fills up stadiums after all. However, South Africa is not a Hip Hop loving country. We love House music. Our own music awards revolve around House, so I can see how the likes of him would, perhaps, feel a bit unappreciated. Personally, I don't like his songs or AKA's lol.
Nigerians will always find an opportunity to throw shade at anyone and anything even when someone is actually complimenting. How on earth can you be called *envious" when you are complimenting?

1 Like

Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by IronGalaxy: 11:25pm On Jul 29, 2019
olujastro:
Nigerians I know are not so enthusiastic about consuming only made in Nigeria products, especially because some local products have less quality than foreign brands.

But for Nigerian music, the quality has been consistently superb and original in the last 20 years thereabouts that we don't even have time to look outside.

Meanwhile, SA musicians will be copying American style, Ghana will be copying Nigerian style to a large extent, while Kenyan artistes don't even have talent at all, yet they expect us to listen to their craps.
IronGalaxy, tell your copycat artistes to make good music and we will listen. smiley
call us names but the fact remains. The best Hip Hop resides in SA. So are the best house DJ's , the best vocalists, the best pop, rock, afro soul, jazz etc. The most Grammy decorated country in Africa

Take Cassper's compliment and stop always comparing yourselves to us, it's annoying
Re: Cassper Nyovest Hails Nigerian Music Industry For Their Unity by wizzzmike: 3:28am On Jul 30, 2019
IronGalaxy:
you only have one sound and one genre and anyone doing something else is not successful, hence why even your rappers change genres cause the market demands them to do Afrobeat or whatever you call it. In SA it doesn't matter what genre you make you still find success.

I've been saying this for years take out afrobeat that we Ghanaians created and their music industry is dead lol. it's funny when Nigerians says Ghanaians are copying their style. meanwhile ever rhythms and beats you'll hear in Nigeria are created in Ghana. In Ghana you can do all kind of genres and you'll be successful dancehall, hip hop, jazz,rnb are still huge in Ghana

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Uti: Jesus Will Be Disappointed On Nigerian Christians Supporting Trump / Welcome Dbanj To The Illuminati / Ice Prince Celebrates His 30th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.