Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,588 members, 7,944,766 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 01:07 AM

My Boyfriend Said I Look Old - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Said I Look Old (17445 Views)

My Boyfriend Said Am Not A Wife Material, Plus Our Chat Pics / My Boyfriend Said He Needs A Break / My Boyfriend Said That I Seduced Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by Tellthem(f): 1:48pm On May 17, 2007
thanks for all your contribution . i really appreciate it , it only hurts it came from him , if it was from someone else i wouldn't mind at all, i also tell him such things but in a funnya and loving way like u are fat but i dont care i like you like that but for someone to actually now say , you look old , if your sister stands next to you , they will know you are definitely older , i think he is not only sayiing it , he means it to the core

he has made other statements before like if i was abit taller , men will queue behind me , things like that is the reason some people commit suicide . i will not let him put me down , nomatter what . if you live in the uk , u prolly knw this lily allen was told she looks fat and she started thinking about surgery , this is someone that doesn't give a shit about any celebrity , my point is no matter what and how it is said there is a part of you that just feels that pain
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by dremoney(m): 1:51pm On May 17, 2007
i assume d guy was teasing u(its normal dear).
only trin to kip u at alert wink
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by IBDat(m): 1:55pm On May 17, 2007
Okay u know wut, reading from yo mails u seem to be the sensitive type and of course his words obviously have a certain impact on you.
What i say is, who do u love most, yourself or him? As there will come a time when u'll have to pick.
If he's constantly making thos type of comments, then u'd constantly be feeling bad about yoslf (heard that song by TLC - Unpretty?)
The choice is yours, but i have to be honest that i am not completely convinced he is doing it on purpose, but there are guys like that, putting their girls down to feel more secure and their way of keeping them in check.
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by dremoney(m): 2:13pm On May 17, 2007
IBDat:

Okay u know what, reading from yo mails u seem to be the sensitive type and of course his words obviously have a certain impact on you.
What i say is, who do u love most, yourself or him? As there will come a time when u'll have to pick.
If he's constantly making thos type of comments, then u'd constantly be feeling bad about yoslf (heard that song by TLC - Unpretty?)
The choice is yours, but i have to be honest that i am not completely convinced he is doing it on purpose, but there are guys like that, putting their girls down to feel more secure and their way of keeping them in check.

yup
u try.
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by bebe2007(m): 2:14pm On May 17, 2007
Am confused here, you know him better so you should know exactly what he means. If he has been putting you down all along, then talk about how he makes you feel, tell him you dont like it. Or better still, develop a thick skin, people will always have something to say about your looks. What if you were in "WARRI" or "BENIN" you for just go bury yourself then. People from that area can kill with their mouth and probably dont mean to. If you cannot cope with his bad mouthing you break up with him.
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by pmdaboh(f): 2:21pm On May 17, 2007
Getting older is life. Whether your boyfriend realizes he is getting old as well, it hurts when it comes from someone you love. Now, if you are doing everything in your power to look great (hair styled, make-up, clothes that compliment your body type, etc), than you are who you are.  It was something about you that attracted him to you in the first place, so you must have had it "going on" at one point (and probably still do). 

Maybe he is attracted to someone else or is in a realtionship with someone else.  I would talk to him to try to get to the "heart" of the matter.  No one wants to be told they look old.  If you were really tired that day, perhaps you did look older than usual. 

Tell him how it made you feel and let him respond.

Best wishes!
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by Tellthem(f): 2:23pm On May 17, 2007
@bebe as i said earlier i dont care if the world says it as long as it came from him it hurts
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by Kratos(m): 2:30pm On May 17, 2007
Na wah oh

So u want to stand next to your little sister n people will see her as the elder

how do u want your sister to feel then? Otherway, He doesnt need to

mean u look older, because you are older. so don't take that to heart! I

believe you and your man are very close, hence he talks off point atimes

Does he talk alot? If yes, you shouldnt take it very serious, U r really

toni braxton, because she was told if she was taller she would have won

miss america back in the day! He is just being a boyfriend n a naughty

friend i think you should just tell him u didnt like that n he will be more

tactful next time.

take it easy dear!

grin
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by funloving(m): 2:31pm On May 17, 2007
@Tellthem,
send me your picture and let me be the judge of whether you are looking old or looking young.
I am sure a professor in that department  cheesy

It does not matter under what condition your BF said it, it could have been more diplomatic to avoid hurting your feelings. Call him and ask him what exactly he meant.

Ok girl, time to take a good look at yourself. See what could be going wrong and start putting it right but be aware of one thing, we all grow old. There is nothing you can do about it. You can only slow down the againg process, you can't stop it and if your BF is contemplating dropping you because you are ageing, then slam his sorry ass and dump him first.

But maybe it is better to marry quick before age catches up with you (coughs)
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by Tellthem(f): 2:36pm On May 17, 2007
@kratos, i have a feeling you know me

do you ?
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by Tellthem(f): 2:37pm On May 17, 2007
if he said that to me after 3 kids i wouldnt mind

by the time i have kids

he will prolly say i look like a grandma
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by Kratos(m): 2:39pm On May 17, 2007
maybe we do

maybe we dont

however

i reckon with this ur situation

cos i have been there

in the land

of Misunderstanding

hence i have d best advice for u

not trying to see ur pic

cool
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by Tellthem(f): 2:41pm On May 17, 2007
@kratos , you cant try to see my pic cos u know me and the guy am talking about right

i'll fish you out hun
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by Kratos(m): 2:42pm On May 17, 2007
LOL

LOL

How d hell does he even look?

U said he is fat, i reckon he has a pot belly!

But the trick is that however u say it to him

he doesnt care cos with his fat belly

he is going out with TB Nigerian Edition in UK!

after ur 3 kids

he will look like thier great grand dad

LOL

Tellthem

I think u r feeling better now!
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by Kratos(m): 2:45pm On May 17, 2007
Happy Fishing i say!
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by Tellthem(f): 2:47pm On May 17, 2007
@ kratos i said u know me cos

U just registered today
Ur email is hidden
U are siding the my boyfriend cos he’s your friend
AND ,, you said you don’t want to see my picture cos you know if you say that he will kill you

Am I right?
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by Tellthem(f): 2:48pm On May 17, 2007
kratos i will tell you your name and address now

hol on
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by tunmininu(f): 2:52pm On May 17, 2007
Hush I can imagine how u felt when he said that to you.He's so ungentlemanly and rude,how could he say to harsh words to the one he claim to love.Even if u are,he should have said it in a polite way,cos if he had,u wouldn't have felt the the way u did or u are feeling.
Anyway,it must be that u've been under stress lately,slow down honey,find time over the weekend to look after urself,look ur best whenever u want to go and see him.
Cheers cool
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by Kratos(m): 2:53pm On May 17, 2007
LOL

Fisher---woman

U dont know me

n i dont know u

I Live in the Attic

Antartic

actually

its a dejavu

what happened to u  has happened to me

n my girl wasnt fuzzed!
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by Kratos(m): 2:56pm On May 17, 2007
@Tin, !

Strikeout ur first stories,

later u hit the nail

she should dress n go n see the guy

n come n tell us what happened

LOL
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by dumi(f): 3:00pm On May 17, 2007
With u he is not complete.U are the most beautiful girl if he likes it or not
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by Tellthem(f): 3:02pm On May 17, 2007
kratos no luck o
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by dremoney(m): 3:05pm On May 17, 2007
bebe2007:

Am confused here, you know him better so you should know exactly what he means. If he has been putting you down all along, then talk about how he makes you feel, tell him you don't like it. Or better still, develop a thick skin, people will always have something to say about your looks. What if you were in "WARRI" or "BENIN" you for just go bury yourself then. People from that area can kill with their mouth and probably don't mean to. If you cannot cope with his bad mouthing you break up with him.

i tire for you o.
bn observing your posts.your's no pass break-up,divorce or perhaps quit.
your very quick at making decisions n harsh one's at that.
oomo abeg cool down o.
guess you're a pretty babe.(dnt let it get into your head plzzzzz).
r lots of pretty babes around.(no dis-respect intended sha o, u b my padi remember wink)

cheers
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by Tellthem(f): 3:05pm On May 17, 2007
dumi thank you i feel like a queen
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by Kratos(m): 3:06pm On May 17, 2007
Pele

U cant get me

neither can i get u

so lets keep it trendy online

get back to ur man

n dress so hot

like beyonce said

freakdrum dress on!
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by Kratos(m): 3:11pm On May 17, 2007
@Dumi

Same goes for her

SHe is incomplete without him

KPOOOM!!!
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by Nobody: 3:49pm On May 17, 2007
@ poster

I don't think you should over look this affirmation of his. take note that he made it in a situation whereby your physical attributes were being analyzed. I'll suggest you first of all think of what might have made your face look old to him. I say that because according to you, men still compliment you.

It might also be that he being closer to you, makes him see deeper and clearer than others.

Anyway I's say you didn't handle the situation in the right way. In cases like this humour is the best way to make him cleared. When he made such statement you should have confronted him indirectly by asking him what you can do to get younger.

That's my opinion anyway. I also get teased by my guy sometimes, but through joking I am always able to make him give reasons for whatever he says.

Sense of humour is the key in this type of situation. Infact it is called "self irony".
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by 2dye4(m): 3:50pm On May 17, 2007
@nairalanders: i've never used a swear word in this eden, but my apologies for this one.

@wa _do, (whatever)

CAN U PLEASSE  SHUT THA Bleep UP IF U GOT NOTHING IN THE JELLY BEANS U CALL UR BRAIN!

UR EVERY COMMENT ON THIS FORUM SHOWS HOW DIRTY AND LOW UR LIFE IS (THAT,S IF U AV ONE)

DAMN, U SO FUCKING DISGUST ME!  
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by Kratos(m): 4:04pm On May 17, 2007
@2dye4

Dont waste ur time on this ludicrous wa_do,

she or he or IT is impaled not only by stupidity

but shallowness n hollowness!

2 bad that internet is 4 everybody n THING!
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by skillmyman(m): 4:07pm On May 17, 2007
hi tellthem,

accept my heartfelt apologies on his behalf and u need to think really wear ur thinking cap.
human tends to move towards people that appreciates them. if u know that someone does not like u or runs u down with his/her mouth, i am sure ur reaction is to run from such a person.
I dont think u can ever appreciates someone that runs u down really because we are not created that way.
If u notice that he is always doin that, u better nail him on the cross and take to ur heels. he will forever run u down and u can never know how deeply that goes cos u lose ur confidence, ur self esteem and men, u become touchy and an introvert

pls live a free life and be free from this immature person.

be wise
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by skillmyman(m): 4:13pm On May 17, 2007
hi guys,

pls, let us understand that this is an open forum and people are allowed to share there opinions, however horrible it sounds. And also, the opinions should not be hurtful to someone else's feelings. i am sure there a words we will not like people to use in describing us so pls, no use describing other people with those words.

lets be guided
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by adetunrayo(f): 4:37pm On May 17, 2007
I guess the man has seen somebody more beautiful than u, that is why is making that silly excuse.Did he just realise u are old?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Is The Craziest Thing You Ve Ever Done To A Woman Or Man / How Do You Ask Your Boyfriend/girlfriend For Financial Assistance? / Who Is Currently The Most Beautiful Female Nairalander?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.