Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,226 members, 7,910,319 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 03:59 AM

My Boyfriend Said I Look Old - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Said I Look Old (17393 Views)

My Boyfriend Said Am Not A Wife Material, Plus Our Chat Pics / My Boyfriend Said He Needs A Break / My Boyfriend Said That I Seduced Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by uchetobi(f): 10:55am On May 24, 2007
It depends on d nature of d relationship. Its no big deal to make that kind of comment.
Maybe he feels you people are close enough for him to tell you anything. Maybe he started dating you when you were younger and you have grown older being his and all that. I think you are being over sensitive and you are over reacting.
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by dremoney(m): 4:04pm On May 24, 2007
uchetobi:

It depends on d nature of d relationship. Its no big deal to make that kind of comment.
Maybe he feels you people are close enough for him to tell you anything. Maybe he started dating you when you were younger and you have grown older being his and all that. I think you are being over sensitive and you are over reacting.

God bless you.(Amen)
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by goodguy(m): 7:34pm On May 24, 2007
@ Aproko, wonderfully said.

@ Uchetobi, perfectly said.

Regards. cool
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by Rlst84sale(m): 10:19pm On May 24, 2007
Why do we tend to be taking sides each time someone comes here and post a story when infact there are three sides to every story, your side his side and then the truth side. What led to the statement?, let us know the entire story. A guy would not just stand up and tell his girlfriend that she looks old. Can you help us with the entire story perhaps what has been going on with you guys say in the last 30 days?
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by AdeAde1: 4:45pm On May 27, 2007
I Thought We Are One On This Forum
Why Can't We Tell Each Other The Truth,
Your Boo Is Seeing Someone Else,
He Would Be Calling It Off Really Soon,
So, Start Searching Girl,
I'm Glad That You See The Beauty In Yourself,
He Doesn't Deserve U If He Doesn't See Your Beauty, In & Out,
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by Godsgirl(f): 6:00pm On Jul 26, 2007
Your boyfriend is not God! I am sure you are beautiful. I hope you have got yourself a new friend. One that cherishes you for who you are. The longer you surround yourself with negative people, the more you will become one yourself. Besides, what he thinks does not matter. However, the minute "you" start to believe the lies, is when we have got a problem.

Agape!
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by kanmosyl(m): 8:00pm On Jul 26, 2007
Too much stories
@poster,
if u dont find all the responses useful enough or u believe trulla and wella that u are getting old dont bother urself too much there is a place in Iraq where they renew human beings why dont u go there and renew urself i bet u when u are back from there ur guy will come begging but make sure u file ur divorve paper b4 u leave for the renewal bcus by the time u come back ur guy wont be able to stand u anymore na Baba iyabo and president yaradua calibre of pple go dey pursue u. Kidding

Try look at the circumstances that surround the statement and make adjustment.
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by Boondoggle(m): 7:34pm On Aug 10, 2007
This is a very depressing statement to tell someone,

especially coming from someone you are intimate with

i am so depressed this morning i don't think i can work

what do you guys think?

@ Poster, if I say you are a man, would you be depressed? Of course, you will say you are not because you KNOW you are not. So, tell me why you should agree with your b/f as per being old. This means you are not even sure yourself! This is an issue of KNOWING who you are. Even the most (w)urgly (as a member put it on a thread) folks (aka atututyoyo) will still tell you that they are fearfully and wonderfully made, how much more you that without I seeing know that you are good looking. How did I know, abi? Easy - your b/f!!! Ask yourself why he is dating you?  grin grin grin  Listen my dear, nobody and absolutely nobody can tag you "old" without your CONSENT. So, you first need to discover who you are and then move on from there, okay?

Meanwhile, get your "chicky" self to work before ya oga go label you "liability" or " persona non grata" if you lose your job on non issue like this.

Shalom cool
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by somze(f): 7:44pm On Aug 10, 2007
Wow,

My boyfriend says i look old too

Just what is up with boyfriends this days.

Whoops wait a minute, wasnt dat my Dad grin

Oh well grin
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by Emad(f): 2:22pm On Aug 22, 2007
well it is obvious that he is beginning to feel like your son grin
OR perhaps u are acting like his mother
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by tomasson(m): 2:23am On Aug 30, 2007
Take heart,just get prepared emotionally 4 d obvious eventualities,BREAKUP.Try and repackage yourself,cos u'll definitely meet better people who will appreciate better along d line.
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by BABEELOVE(f): 3:16am On Aug 30, 2007
he he he he he he! grin laff o laff!

@topic

And you are not married yet?  You sure picked a "charmer" for a mate!!!!  Enjoy! tongue  Your dude sure has a helluva nerve!  You desperate or sum'un? undecided I hope he was joking. And you are depressed? Huh! Women!!!! He might still not marry you, so of what use is his comment to you?
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by crazyp(f): 11:22am On Aug 30, 2007
@poster

growing old is very natural
so i wonder y u're very depressed
cos ur bf said what he thot is true

for those telling her to dump his ass
what for?
if she's truly old, someone else will still tell her that
we shld age gracefully
u dont xpect someone to say u're 18
when u actually look 30
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by stephen2(m): 7:47am On Feb 09, 2008
why won't he say u look old,after having sex several times and different positions with you, lol

Well,thats ur problem,i guess you really look old indeed,
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by PERVERT9: 2:06pm On Feb 09, 2008
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm that is the beginning of the end
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by Maykelly(f): 2:27pm On Feb 09, 2008
I pity you. go and do plastic surgery like Micheal Jackson did and stop distrubing this forum. grin
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by adeboo(f): 5:53pm On Feb 09, 2008
The thing is that am sure he said that cause he is just being truthful.
Alot of us neglect ourselves but cause of the stress of life we have started ageing prematurely.

Dont look at it from the angle that he doesnt care, he cares but has issues of how to put things.

Just do ur best to look good, exercise, sleep and eat well and drinl lots of water and eat loads of fruit - go for facials when u can.
Make sure u do cause when u look good, u feel good and ur whole outlook on life will change.
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by oyinda3(f): 4:19am On May 30, 2009
don't marry him ok?
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by ievbuomw(f): 8:39am On May 30, 2009
Do your hair, buy new make up, buy new "young" clothes and he will not think that again wink
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by C2H5OH(f): 8:45am On May 30, 2009
ievbuomw:

Do your hair, buy new make up, buy new "young" clothes and he will not think that again wink
Hope all of that works cos some girls can't be fixed
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by ievbuomw(f): 8:56am On May 30, 2009
C2H5OH:

Hope all of that works cos some girls can't be fixed

He started dating her for a reason, if she tries this and it does not work, you know that he wanted her for wrong reasons,
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by C2H5OH(f): 9:05am On May 30, 2009
ievbuomw:

He started dating her for a reason, if she tries this and it does not work, you know that he wanted her for wrong reasons,
WEll I guess he did want her for the wrong reasons. And guys can be a little insensitive at times.
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by PERVERT9: 12:02pm On May 30, 2009
its true you look very old just like my granny
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by deji2005(m): 7:31pm On May 30, 2009
intresting one, asians in this country dress like if they back home and they get along with opposite sex, you see a guy wearing the stuff on his hair dont know is called now same as their girls with their scalf pardon i dont know what they called but you get what am trying to say, so why is it we african sometime when we dress like if we back home you see the opposite sex would think you married or maybe you"re old, hope am making sense i know this not answering the poster question but I thought i should contribute, Deji x
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by oneluvb55(f): 2:30pm On Feb 26, 2010
chai!
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by TEEMAMA1(f): 10:18am On May 24, 2010
His no more interested in you that why his using that sort of nasty language, may be he his chasing another lady outside, you know tthose guys of nowadays are found of that it is what they dont see that they value if they have the opportunity to see it ones they wont appreciate it any more, dont bother to plead to him cause he will turn you to something else, that part of challenges in life, mind you am a female like you.
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by lysaa(f): 11:44am On May 24, 2010
crazyp:

@poster

growing old is very natural
so i wonder y u're very depressed
cos your bf said what he thot is true

for those telling her to dump his backside
what for?
if she's truly old, someone else will still tell her that
we shld age gracefully
u dont xpect someone to say u're 18
when u actually look 30
I like this.
Ageing is very natural! If u feel young inside then its time to carry ur entire being along with the way u feel. Act young. .have fun. feel happy. .dress the way u like. .appreciate urself. .if u don't, no one will. Your happiness shouldn't be dictated by other ppl even when they say hurtful words they meant to say or not. U only gave us a line of ur conversation with ur bf and held back the rest. .but i've come to terms with this truth; whatever is spoken out, comes from the accumulation of thots, the only thing that might not be meant is the way they come out. Stop pitying urself and live.
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by MMichael(m): 1:32pm On May 24, 2010
You guys are getting it all wrong. She's hurt because her boyfriend told her she's old which according to her is not true. There's a big difference.
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by sevule(m): 1:44pm On May 24, 2010
See all these babes ohhh! Bros don take style tell truth now all of una wan join hand kill am. Abeg u wan make the bros lie say she resemble sweet sixteen? This is why guys lie because ladies can not handle the truth and since we know that you ladies can not handle the truth, we tell you want you want to hear - LIES!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by MMichael(m): 1:48pm On May 24, 2010
sevule:

See all these babes ohhh! Bros don take style tell truth now all of una wan join hand kill am. Abeg u wan make the bros lie say she resemble sweet sixteen? This is why guys lie because ladies can not handle the truth and since we know that you ladies can not handle the truth, we tell you want you want to hear - LIES!!!!!!

Do you know the bros? How d'you know he told the truth?
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by MMichael(m): 1:55pm On May 24, 2010
uchetobi:

Then he should have said 'Honey, WE look old'
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by SAGoddess: 1:59pm On May 24, 2010
I agree with those that say start taking better care of yourself, if what the man said bothers you this much, then do something about it, do it for yourself though so you feel good about it, when you feel good, it will show on the outside and before long, you will feel like a Princess, facials and massages are great for lifting a tired body!

MMichael:

Then he should have said 'Honey, [b]WE look old'[/b]

grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

24% Of Lagos Women Have Sex Before 18 Years - Commissioner for Health, Dr Idris / Intimacy On The First Date: Do You Support It? / Excerpt From ROYAL MAJESTIES GROUP In House Career Seminar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.