Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,588 members, 7,944,766 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 01:06 AM

My Boyfriend Said I Look Old - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Said I Look Old (17445 Views)

My Boyfriend Said Am Not A Wife Material, Plus Our Chat Pics / My Boyfriend Said He Needs A Break / My Boyfriend Said That I Seduced Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by bolagurl(f): 10:37am On May 19, 2007
maybe he doesnt like the way u dress that day or something.

Try and call him tell him u dont like the way he talked to you that day, am sure he will apologise (IF HE REALLY LOVES YOU)
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by SweetTemi: 11:13am On May 19, 2007
Very funny,the truth is ur boyfriend is looking for a way of ending the relationship using unnecessary excuses.Does he not know that you are looking old before dating you?Infact ur boyfriend is very funny.
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by goodguy(m): 11:32am On May 19, 2007
Seun, even you?

Why are you people bashing her boyfriend?  I agree with joobreel here as well.  The guy was probably referring to the way she looked as at the time that comment was made.  Remember he was referring to her facial appearance, not her overall appearance.

Seun, you said it is not his duty to tell her, but you forget that she was the one that asked for a comment on her appearance.  He didn't just wake up that morning to tell her, "Girl, you look old!".

Please people, let's try to be as objective as possible when passing comments on issues like this.  You have only heard from one party, and it will be completely unwise to make conclusions on the other party.

Her boyfriend is not an idiot!
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by sisimose(f): 11:39am On May 19, 2007
goodguy:

Seun, even you?

Why are you people bashing her boyfriend? I agree with joobreel here as well. The guy was probably referring to the way she looked as at the time that comment was made. Remember he was referring to her facial appearance, not her overall appearance.

Seun, you said it is not his duty to tell her, but you forget that she was the one that asked for a comment on her appearance. He didn't just wake up that morning to tell her, "Girl, you look old!".

Please people, let's try to be as objective as possible when passing comments on issues like this. You have only heard from one party, and it will be completely unwise to make conclusions on the other party.

Her boyfriend is not an idiot!

i agree with you goodguy completely
people should see , and stop being too quick to jump on the poor guy. She should sort herself out
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by Seun(m): 11:44am On May 19, 2007
Ok, maybe he's not an idiot, but he made a big mistake. A boyfriend must diligently insist that his girlfriend is perfect no matter what. Why? Because beauty is subjective, and your role is to always see the best in her.

If she wanted objectivity, she would not ask you. She would simply look at the mirror. Afterall she's not blind! (is she?)
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by marlet01(m): 12:09pm On May 19, 2007
Seun:

Ok, maybe he's not an idiot, but he made a big mistake. A boyfriend must diligently insist that his girlfriend is perfect no matter what. Why? Because beauty is subjective, and your role is to always see the best in her.

If she wanted objectivity, she would not ask you. She would simply look at the mirror. Afterall she's not blind! (is she?)
Better.
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by goodguy(m): 12:30pm On May 19, 2007
If he truly loves her and not just some "sweet talker" with a sugar-coated tongue that only wants to "suck the oranges and throw away the peels", I really see no reason why he shouldn't be plain with her about her appearance.  The fact that I love you doesn't mean I shouldn't say some truths to you when necessary.  It's only a matter of the tone used, and a consideration of the mood too.

But then, even this lady here seems to have a funny and unbalanced stance here.  When she asked her boyfriend whether she had the body of a "2- year old" (whatever that means anyway), I'm sure he was trying to "diligently insist that she is perfect" when he told her 'yes'.  But she felt hurt! (for God-knows-why). Now, probably upon seeing her reaction towards that, he quickly conjuncted by adding ". . . but your face looks old", maybe trying to make up for the previous statement; which still hurt her!

Poor guy! sad
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by dremoney(m): 12:48pm On May 19, 2007
Seun:

haba bros,
u mean i need not check her when necessary?
y wuld i insist she is consistently perfect when adjustments need to be made?

man,there're times a guy will need to utter words like dat but not necessarily intended to dis-respected her.

@topic
I still assume her boyfriend was only trin to kip her at alert.
to tell a babe say church close na easy thing now!!!!! he wuldnt need to really hurt her to dis-engage.
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by dremoney(m): 12:54pm On May 19, 2007
dremoney:

haba bros,
u mean i need not check her when necessary?
y wuld i insist she is consistently perfect when adjustments need to be made?

man,there're times a guy will need to utter words like that but not necessarily intended to disrespect her.

@topic
I still assume her boyfriend was only trin to kip her at alert.
to tell a babe say church close na easy thing now!!!!! he wuldnt need to really hurt her to this-engage.

sory,
disrespect her i mean.
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by mellow(m): 1:06pm On May 19, 2007
A case of ineriority complex if you ask me
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by cuteass1(f): 2:19pm On May 19, 2007
@ goodguy

thankyou joo wink

We've only heard from one party and that is not foundation enough to call anyody an idiot or mumu . . the name callings are so uncalled for in this situation, not to mention childish angry

Afterall the guy saw her "oldn(ness)" and has been there with her for so long they've dated. If he was so pertubed, he wouldn't have been there in the first place. Instead of people to search themselves or comunicate with their partners, they always take offence at the least.

If he's her boyfriend, isn't it his duty to wish and want her look her best at all times. Now if his tone wasn't good enough, then she should confront him with it wink

I don't usually like putting myslelf up in couple's biz, Cos when they make up in the four corners of their home, you won't be there to enjoy it with them and you'll be termed the "bad guy".

If she doesnt want him any longer, then she should step aside for someone else who'll appreciate their man looking out for them to take over. Would it have been better if he nutured it in his mind than say it out and have her do something about whatever it is she isn't doing right??
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by Nobody: 12:05pm On May 20, 2007
Maybe na the pimples make her look old.

Go for a facial cleaning!
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by holyghost(m): 6:44pm On May 20, 2007
well people let her post her pics here and we will all know what the boyfriend really needed to say
she just want us to chew our time up just like that

remember the boy once told her she was pretty and nublie (she no tell us that time O!)

I demand she post her dated pics and current pics
and typewriter of the snazzy fame should have the final say of her looks  the pics
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by boladonas(m): 6:39am On May 21, 2007
Maybe the girl don overdo runs!
The look is d proof that runs catch up with looks
advise her to make effort to look good
She should visit dupe ozolua for starters!
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by spoilt(f): 6:22am On May 22, 2007
exactly how old are you?
even if you are old enough to be considered a fossil he should still love you unconditionally. grin
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by Vernor(m): 8:33am On May 22, 2007
shocked, 2 b frank are u old, i belif ur d factor "are u old truly?" Its either he is seeing another person or teasing u 2 c ur reaction but watch out. as u can c guys are waitin 4 u. 2 me ur beautiful because bible says all God all he created is beautiful wink im not on d queue. cheesy
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by macgozy(m): 9:53am On May 22, 2007
U're boyfriend cannot just wake up one day and say you look old. It's either you're doing something the way he doesn't like, dress somewhat, behave otherwise/think absurb and he could not make out a way to talk to U about those disgusting issue. Try to bridge that communication gap between the both of and please don't neglect his opinion in certain issues that concerns the both of U cos he's u'r mirror, your eyes, ears in the dark.

Change your wardrobe, dress sense, the way you talk, behave. try get some materials (books) that can help to shape u into the woman of his dreams.

Take heart
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by cyprianjr(m): 12:54pm On May 22, 2007
Don't let his words break you jare, you're beautiful the way you are.
I need not meet you in person to know you are.
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by dremoney(m): 1:11pm On May 22, 2007
cyprianjr:

Don't let his words break you jare, you're beautiful the way you are.
I need not meet you in person to know you are.

sat-guru-maharaji
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by naughtytroll(f): 1:17pm On May 22, 2007
lets see your picture as others have written - maybe you're realy old and ugly.
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by anon101(f): 1:50pm On May 22, 2007
@seuns dick i dont believe anyone on thisplanet is ugly , old yes we are all meant to be old ,,,maybe if you post yyour pictures , u may encourage her to post hers
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by Elgaxton(m): 1:58pm On May 22, 2007
Let's see ur pictures pls, U've done too much oral description of yourself,

U can put it up in your own profile,

or

Attach it up here!
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by Seun(m): 2:36pm On May 22, 2007
If you want your relationships to be rewarding, you must fail to notice any irrelevant imperfections in your mate.
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by Creamish(f): 2:43pm On May 22, 2007
If ur boyfriend says u look old, r u waiting for him to tell u ur used rag before u leave him?
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by dunky(m): 3:13pm On May 22, 2007
[flash=200,200][/flash] well i would like to know in what mood u guys were in when he said such,because moods sometimes affects our speech,but that is not an indication of his hating you.Girl shape up&look lively
[color=#770077][/color]
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by delegirl(f): 7:55pm On May 22, 2007
maybe ur boyfriend has find somebody else dat more beautiful than u dat is why he told u dat u are old but just try and get to him dat why does he have to say such words to you as far dat dis is not the first time he has been seeing u

Good LUCK SHA wink
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by laudate: 8:57pm On May 22, 2007
Cute-ass:

@ goodguy

thankyou joo

We've only heard from one party and that is not foundation enough to call anyody an idiot or mumu . . the name callings are so uncalled for in this situation, not to mention childish

Afterall the guy saw her "oldn(ness)" and has been there with her for so long they've dated. If he was so pertubed, he wouldn't have been there in the first place. Instead of people to search themselves or comunicate with their partners, they always take offence at the least.

If the guy had genuine intentions, then he should have made his feelings known in a more gentle, respectful way. He could have said, "Have you changed your make-up? I prefer the former one to this one. It doesn't make you look as pretty as you used to." I tell you, she would sit up quick, quick.

The guy doesn't need to put her down by claiming she is old, just to make her realise that something is wrong.

My guess is that he now has the "hots" for a younger, prettier lady, and he wants to pick a fight with her & disappear. Men have been known to give all kinds of excuses (from the outrageous to the ridiculously sublime) when they want to get rid of a lady.
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by Sonye(f): 10:40am On May 23, 2007
I am truly sorry about that . But if he takes good care of you and you decided to look old that day, then its your fault cos you should know by now that ur boyfriend doesn't like old looks.
But in a case where he doesn't take care of you, he has no right to say anything about your looks
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by mansa(f): 3:57pm On May 23, 2007
Seun:

If you want your relationships to be rewarding, you must fail to notice any irrelevant imperfections in your mate.

meaning?
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by Aproko(f): 3:59pm On May 23, 2007
@ gudguy,
well said.

@ tellthem,

my dear you do have a low self esteem. y would you ask if you have the body of a 2 yr old when you know you dont? he lies to you by saying yes and you were hurt.

he sees you know he just lied to you and tried to redeem himself by telling you the truth that your face looks old and again you are upset!!! phew!!

my dear you are in your late 20's, probably havent done any plastic surgery, probably going thru the stress of life in Nigeria, of course you dont expect to look the way you did when you had nothing to think about.

its obvious he didnt mean to hurt you, but because of your low self esteem, you are making a mountain out of a mole hill (you seem to want nice complements all the time, and thats not realistic).work on your self esteem so that little things like this wont be an issue cos my dear as you get older, you will hear more and more about how old you have started looking.

try to improve your looks by taking adequate care of yourself, watch your diet and all and tellthem dont forget to smile often cos frowning all the time wont help your case. wink wink
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:01pm On May 23, 2007
So your boyfriend is fat yet at the same time had the audacity to say all that to you?

See this is why you don't date fat men because then they start to believe they have the right to judge other people's apperances. You'd think he'd be grateful that you even bothered with his fat ass.

awon elede.
Re: My Boyfriend Said I Look Old by temmyabby(f): 4:46pm On May 23, 2007
nah wah 4 am oh, so wat does he want u to do now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Is The Craziest Thing You Ve Ever Done To A Woman Or Man / How Do You Ask Your Boyfriend/girlfriend For Financial Assistance? / Who Is Currently The Most Beautiful Female Nairalander?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.