Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,359 members, 7,881,316 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:29 PM

Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage (36393 Views)

Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? / Help!!! My Wife Is Putting Me Through This Right Now! / Why Is She Putting Me Under Pressure To Marry Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by Starz825(m): 7:15pm On Sep 26, 2019
Ifemide123:

I'm really sad about this. I have a shop I run here so except I get a good job outside our town I can't just leave. The best bet is to rent a place and stay on my own but No! I am not married so why should a single lady live alone in same town with her parents? Yet they won't give me the freedom I should have. I can't stay beyond 7 outside, I can't visit a boyfriend in his own town too.
All this town town thing...where is ur location....I guess it's ekiti...na so ekiti parents dey do... never letting go grin
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by Pennyways: 7:19pm On Sep 26, 2019
Ifemide123:

Thank you
I know my mum. Even if the guy has come to introduce himself to her, she wouldn't still allow for weekends visitations not to talk of a one week or few days visit
I can bet this girl has not finished secondary school

I carefully read her threads all I sense is this girl is absolute intellectually absent
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by Iykenuwa(m): 7:20pm On Sep 26, 2019
Ifemide123:

Thank you
I know my mum. Even if the guy has come to introduce himself to her, she wouldn't still allow for weekends visitations not to talk of a one week or few days visit

Any guy with pure intentions will have no problem visiting you in your parents house.

Why are they requesting that you visit if they have no ulterior motive?

You ladies sef! People are advising you and you are still saying my mum this, my parents that.

That you are old is not a license to be wayward, my dear.

Let them come over and you guys can hang out in a public place.

Except you guys want something else that you have not told us.
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by Righteousness89(m): 7:21pm On Sep 26, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
You sound immature though, and certainly not even ready for a serious relationship. Note, maturity is not in age. grin

How on earth would you expect your mum and dad to just let you go off with some random guy called a boyfriend? The introduction sef is disrespectful and if you were my child, let me reserve my comment. grin

You're a lady and men will only respect you when you respect yourself. Those guys who run don't run 'cause your parents are holding you down, they do so 'cause every of their moves will be accounted for since they already know your parents/would be meeting them.

You crave so much for disappearing for a long time with a guy and it's not a good thing. I am older than you by a few years, was once monitored 24/7, all movements must be accounted for and I can tell you that in my house, you don't sleep out without anyone knowing your whereabout. Of course, you can't tell my mum or oldest brother you want to go spend a night/more in a guy's house. They don't even want to hear you have a boyfriend, but they somehow knew I did when I was seeing someone. All my life, the only telling I did was when I was formerly proposed to, though, it later didn't work out. The few occasions I've had to disappear was from school for 3days even as an adult, they must not hear of it. Like 2yrs ago, my eldest bro wanted to know whom I was dating, but I refused and ignored his enquiries with smiles, telling him to leave me alone 'cause I hate disappointments. I have a self-con to myself, I have independence and I have one or two places to go to for sleepovers, but I don't bug. You can never see me outside my house by 8 for security reasons. I don't expect you to be me, but I think you're complaining about irrelevance for now. Lastly, the only man you should introduce to your parents is the one ready to marry you.

You Sound As a well Trained and Responsible lady..

Change your ID........ you don't sound like it!

Just an advice though
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by Nobody: 7:24pm On Sep 26, 2019
I understand your how you feel, you can't be 24 and have your parent monitor all your movements i mean you are supposed to be able to determine how you want to live with modesty tho...best bet is to try an get a job outside town
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by Mryacks: 7:25pm On Sep 26, 2019
If the guys you meet online are serious people they will visit you first....nothing is wrong with you woman...
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by BarrElChapo(m): 7:29pm On Sep 26, 2019
The things that musa is seeing in FP today.. Whichever mod is doing this .. well done cheesy
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by madjune(m): 7:29pm On Sep 26, 2019
I can understand the situation.

It's always tough in those years of 24, 25 etc.
Peer pressure and its influences.

See...the future will always come and today be gone

Lady, harden your mind.
I know its a tough thing to do.
Forget about what your girlfriends are doing, hopping around and having fun with guys etc.
Take advantage of these days and improve yourself.
Read. Watch educative programs.
Broaden your worldview.
Empower yourself with knowledge.

Before long you will get a good job and moving out and a guy coming into your life will happen like tap water. Fact.

2 Likes

Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by xjeff(m): 7:33pm On Sep 26, 2019
Your hormones are shouting abi, just be careful. You should be happy having parents who care about you to monitor you. I once dated a lady who came over ma place spent 1 week without her parents asking bout her. How did i get to know? i came back home 1 late evening to find her crying i cuddled her and asked her what the issue was and she told me how no 1 has called to know how she was faring. Babe be happy you have parents who care!
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by AndyM6: 7:37pm On Sep 26, 2019
Actually you are my type of person inbox me your contact let’s start from somewhere
Ifemide123:
I had to create this account today for this. It's really eating me up and I am tired.
I am 24, will be 25 soon. I am this indoor person and so I hardly meet people. My first relationship ended like two years back and I haven't been in a reasonable one since then.
I meet people online cos I don't get to meet them offline, most of the guys I meet are based in different state from mine and they don't mind me visiting, but once I tell them I live with my parents and would need their permission to come visit, they just stop getting in touch. I have lost over 5 potential partners because of this, they all feel we should be comfortable with ourselves first before putting parents matter into it. Some don't see it as a big deal living with my parents, they just find it funny that they wouldn't allow me go visit my boyfriend(note that they wouldn't know him bfr I go visit)
I can't even think logically anymore that's why I am here to ask Wether the problem is with me or them. The only one I met that has travelled to come visit me is verbally abusive. He met my mum and wants things done the proper way.
I am really exhausted. I guess gone are those days where you have to meet your potential wife in her father's house.
I told my mum I want to start attending youth church and she object to it saying I can only change church after I get married.
My sisters are lucky tho, they got a job outside our state and moved out of the house cry
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by Kevinsamba: 7:45pm On Sep 26, 2019
First of all why do u want to stay beyond 7 outside my friend go home pick a book and read believe me you will achieve more that way
Now from what you said, you clearly not above 24 I would advise you stay with your parents especially if you are the last born believe me, you will laugh at the end but if you really want out then you got to get your bom bom off the couch and go and find a job so you can prove to them that you are mature enough to stay alone cool
Ifemide123:

I'm really sad about this. I have a shop I run here so except I get a good job outside our town I can't just leave. The best bet is to rent a place and stay on my own but No! I am not married so why should a single lady live alone in same town with her parents? Yet they won't give me the freedom I should have. I can't stay beyond 7 outside, I can't visit a boyfriend in his own town too.
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by Mrbigman1(m): 7:45pm On Sep 26, 2019
missjo:

That is exactly what those guys wanted you to believecheesy It's their MO

Be careful with what puccyhunters say to you, guys can be very clever with their tricks & gimmicks.
Just see how they already got you thinking & plotting how to get out of the house and right into their bedrooms. DON'T DO IT! cheesy

Imagine!
You sound like a boy hater. Others give advise with reasons and point, urs is with hate.
Calm down biko
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by samology2000: 7:46pm On Sep 26, 2019
I think u are behaving childish. why dont u think of getting a job or furthering ur studies during the process things will work itself out.
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by Peterosky(m): 7:50pm On Sep 26, 2019
Op you have parents that even want to make a better woman out of you and you are here complaining of meaningless freedom. You want to travel to meet guys, you want to leave on your own,are you that cheap? Just be careful of yourself. I don't want to hear this your complaints again.
You even have a shop, yet you are complaining of not going out, is something wrong with you?

1 Like

Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by ufotty2001: 7:52pm On Sep 26, 2019
them go soon use this one do ritual

1 Like

Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by damoobaba: 8:04pm On Sep 26, 2019
Ifemide123:
I had to create this account today for this. It's really eating me up and I am tired.
I am 24, will be 25 soon. I am this indoor person and so I hardly meet people. My first relationship ended like two years back and I haven't been in a reasonable one since then.
I meet people online cos I don't get to meet them offline, most of the guys I meet are based in different state from mine and they don't mind me visiting, but once I tell them I live with my parents and would need their permission to come visit, they just stop getting in touch. I have lost over 5 potential partners because of this, they all feel we should be comfortable with ourselves first before putting parents matter into it. Some don't see it as a big deal living with my parents, they just find it funny that they wouldn't allow me go visit my boyfriend(note that they wouldn't know him bfr I go visit)
I can't even think logically anymore that's why I am here to ask Wether the problem is with me or them. The only one I met that has travelled to come visit me is verbally abusive. He met my mum and wants things done the proper way.
I am really exhausted. I guess gone are those days where you have to meet your potential wife in her father's house.
I told my mum I want to start attending youth church and she object to it saying I can only change church after I get married.
My sisters are lucky tho, they got a job outside our state and moved out of the house cry

Your parents are preventing u from getting flogged and you're here complaining. U call people you met online ur boyfriend. U bera get sense.

1 Like

Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by Elxandre(m): 8:04pm On Sep 26, 2019
Ifemide123:

Why do you people seek advice when you aren't ready to accept one?

It's only in Africa that an overgrown female refuses to be independent.
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by ctleurocollege: 8:05pm On Sep 26, 2019
From my understanding it seems you need freedom for sex.

1 Like

Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by apholaryn: 8:09pm On Sep 26, 2019
this babe na learner.. sorry o.. u are an immature fool, your eyes go clear when u carry belle and dose boys u wan run to chase u back

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by piyoo91: 8:10pm On Sep 26, 2019
Ifemide123:
Ondo town
do u attend living faith chuch?
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by MedicH: 8:18pm On Sep 26, 2019
Ifemide123:
I would have chipped in some things if only you are doing anything reasonable with your life. This sounds like a teenager who wants to run away from home. You need to grow up and not chronologically but in wisdom and responsibility.
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by Euegene100001: 8:21pm On Sep 26, 2019
What will u b doing with a man that’s not ur husband for a week or the weekend ? Y not get a job and get busy this time wasting it what’s making u think funny
Ifemide123:

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by gbogboija: 8:22pm On Sep 26, 2019
Tell them you will commit suicide if they will not let you be and you will see how fast they will release you.
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by hkidola00(m): 8:25pm On Sep 26, 2019
Ifemide123:
where do u stay in nigeria?
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by victorian(f): 8:29pm On Sep 26, 2019
izzou:
grin

Visit a boyfriend you met online?
I hope you read about the Port Harcourt serial killer. Don't endanger your life Abeg grin

Let me stop here for now grin

Don't mind her

When dog wan lost, , e no longer listen to its master's whistle.

I pity op

She does not know staying with her parents is a blessing and great protection for her.

I live alone but I dread travelling to other states to go meet up with a guy.

As in I dread, I dont even try it.

And I dread sleeping over till the next day in a guy's house. I time. Myself 8:30pm, I'm. Back to my house!

That's me, who lives alone and I'm in my 30s.

Honestly I pity op. It seems she's tired of been alive with all the ritual killings going on in the country
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by Solsix(m): 8:38pm On Sep 26, 2019
Ifemide123:
I don't see any problem here, just be patient your will come. Most people u meet online aren't what they say they are. Be careful
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by Nobody: 8:52pm On Sep 26, 2019
Acidosis:

It's a very s!lly move to visit a guy you haven't established a proper relationship with. "Come to my house, come to my house" is another way of saying "come have sex, come have freaking sex!"

You really said some thing bro...the word chook me sha. Many who have never experience this won't believe you. In life experience is the great teacher. Everybody is usually stubborn until they've seen for themselves.
But boys bad sha.

1 Like

Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by izzou(m): 8:53pm On Sep 26, 2019
victorian:

Don't mind her

When dog wan lost, , e no longer listen to its master's whistle.

I pity op

She does not know staying with her parents is a blessing and great protection for her.

I live alone but I dread travelling to other states to go meet up with a guy.

As in I dread, I dont even try it.

And I dread sleeping over till the next day in a guy's house. I time. Myself 8:30pm, I'm. Back to my house!

That's me, who lives alone and I'm in my 30s.

Honestly I pity op. It seems she's tired of been alive with all the ritual killings going on in the country

grin grin
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by Makschinchin: 8:53pm On Sep 26, 2019
Ladylite:

Why not LIE that you got a job, and come to where your sisters are at, why not lie with proof of employment and escape. Inbox me, I can help

Just look at the kind of advice you are giving to your fellow lady (I suppose) cry cry
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by Emaprince: 8:56pm On Sep 26, 2019
And last time I said women cant live without a man. They only pretend..Pocohanta, though speaking for herself, talked it down .

Women cannot stay long without a man in their lives. However, a man can do it. Only thing he needs is sex once in a while, but a woman needs a companion in a man.

1 Like

Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by LoveJesus87(m): 9:04pm On Sep 26, 2019
Ifemide123:
your parents want to kill your destiny especially your mother. Maybe they are planning to marry you. Na when you turn 30 for their house na dem their head go clear begin they push you. Can't you go and stay with your sisters
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by mrdino(m): 9:05pm On Sep 26, 2019
Ifemide123:

Do not forget to look at the bright side of your situation; the fact that you are still been supervised by your parent, shows that you are well brought up and not from a broken home. Any man you meet online, who does not want to visit you at your parent's house does not have good intention (perhaps, he's the hit-and-run type).

It's left to you to make your parent understand, that sooner or later, you are going to get married, so they should allow you to entertain male visitors, else you would do it secretly, outside their home.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? / Banned From Speaking My Language To My Baby / 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.