Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,327 members, 7,881,219 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:34 PM

Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage (36387 Views)

Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? / Help!!! My Wife Is Putting Me Through This Right Now! / Why Is She Putting Me Under Pressure To Marry Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by micxwell(m): 9:06pm On Sep 26, 2019
Ifemide123:

Ondo town
Your focus has been on guys online! You said you have a shop. What exactly do you sell?
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by wamide042(m): 9:07pm On Sep 26, 2019
[quote author=Ifemide123 post=82532659]I had to create this account today for this. It's really eating me up and I am tired.
I am 24, will be 25 soon. I am this indoor person and so I hardly meet people. My first relationship ended like two years back and I haven't been in a reasonable one since then.
I meet people online cos I don't get to meet them offline, most of the guys I meet are based in different state from mine and they don't mind me visiting, but once I tell them I live with my parents and would need their permission to come visit, they just stop getting in touch. I have lost over 5 potential partners because of this, they all feel we should be comfortable with ourselves first before putting parents matter into it. Some don't see it as a big deal living with my parents, they just find it funny that they wouldn't allow me go visit my boyfriend(note that they wouldn't know him bfr I go visit)
I can't even think logically anymore that's why I am here to ask Wether the problem is with me or them. The only one I met that has travelled to come visit me is verbally abusive. He met my mum and wants things done the proper way.
I am really exhausted. I guess gone are those days where you have to meet your potential wife in her father's house.
I told my mum I want to start attending youth church and she object to it saying I can only change church after I get married.
My sisters are lucky tho, they got a job outside our state and moved out of the house cry[/quote

Am also from ondo too but work in lagos and i do come home some weekends... my mom is a teacher at jubilee catholic school at lipakala, we also attend Rccg’power sanctuary at adesuper..
Sure you know those places.
If you don’t mind you can whatsapp me 07031902326... let’s talk better..and i also graduated from ACE...
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by kelesomething: 9:07pm On Sep 26, 2019
Ifemide123:

One is married, my other younger sis got a job and now lives with her. I have a shop here so I'm kinda stuck cry

Make sure you insist on joining the youth in your church just be going to your Church midweek activities and be prayerful.. God will surely give you a good man
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by wamide042(m): 9:08pm On Sep 26, 2019
Am also from ondo too but work in lagos and i do come home some weekends... my mom is a teacher at jubilee catholic school at lipakala, we also attend Rccg’power sanctuary at adesuper..
Sure you know those places.
If you don’t mind you can whatsapp me 07031902326... let’s talk better..and i also graduated from ACE...
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by Makschinchin: 9:08pm On Sep 26, 2019
GraGra247:
ifemide123, PLEASE NEVER GO TO VISIT A STRANGER YOU MET ONLINE.

I repeat again NEVER!!

Rather let him come visit you and meet with you at an eatery in your area.

Go and see him in the eatry in the company of a friend that will wait for you somewhere in the same eatry.

Even with all the serial killings that happened in Port Harcourt you girls won't still learn.

Like seriously, some girls dey try o... Ifemide123 wants FREEDOM but too bad she's very naive to recent happenings involving relationships between a male and female...

My dear, don't put yourself at risk all in the name of seeking freedom or hookups.. I believe even if you are confined to a room on a daily basis, when the right time comes, God will send the man He has chosen for you to locate you (Speaking from people's experiences)..

I'll recommend a book for you concerning single ladies which I believe will help you, it's titled, Lady in Waiting by Jackie Kendal and Debby Jones.. If you can get the book, read it (I believe it will help you a lot). If you'll like me to send the PDF version to you, you can send me a pm kiss
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by Nobody: 9:13pm On Sep 26, 2019
pocohantas:

Oga keep quiet. Who are the men who do not care?

What are they asking her to come over for? If a man really wants to settle down with a lady, that she can't be spending mights will be the least of his problem. Na fuckboiz problem be that.

Nah, you shut up! i don't even know what make u think you're in a position to advice young gurls ...
Asides from insecurities or danger, there is nothing wrong for a gurl to visit a guy, even if she date guys within lagos won't she visit & know her boyfriends house, poco i don't really no why sex is a big deal to you, that i want my gurl to spend the night with me is not becos of sex, can't we av sex in the afternoon ,do pple av sex only @nite grin
you expect a mature independent guy to be dating a gurl that wil say my dad say, my mum say. i believe r/ship has stage n gettin acquainted with parents is the last thing. linda ikeji padlocked her pussy las las no be man house she go dey sleep.

1 Like

Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by chinchum(m): 9:14pm On Sep 26, 2019
Ifemide123:
I had to create this account today for this. It's really eating me up and I am tired.
I am 24, will be 25 soon. I am this indoor person and so I hardly meet people. My first relationship ended like two years back and I haven't been in a reasonable one since then.
I meet people online cos I don't get to meet them offline, most of the guys I meet are based in different state from mine and they don't mind me visiting, but once I tell them I live with my parents and would need their permission to come visit, they just stop getting in touch. I have lost over 5 potential partners because of this, they all feel we should be comfortable with ourselves first before putting parents matter into it. Some don't see it as a big deal living with my parents, they just find it funny that they wouldn't allow me go visit my boyfriend(note that they wouldn't know him bfr I go visit)
I can't even think logically anymore that's why I am here to ask Wether the problem is with me or them. The only one I met that has travelled to come visit me is verbally abusive. He met my mum and wants things done the proper way.
I am really exhausted. I guess gone are those days where you have to meet your potential wife in her father's house.
I told my mum I want to start attending youth church and she object to it saying I can only change church after I get married.
My sisters are lucky tho, they got a job outside our state and moved out of the house cry
You as a lady need to be careful if it is a life partner you are looking for. If you meet a guy online, please don't go visiting in his home for the first meeting. After enough probing both discreetly and overtly to know his personality and your possible compatibility ,meet him for the first time at a neutral place. I won't be surprised if all the guys after you just want to give you some intense penising for days and bolt, it may not be bad if that is all you want also. This world is changing sha, if not why will you be so keen to go and camp for days with a guy you only met online.......

Trust me as a man, the real sincere guys will not be so keen about camping you for days for the first meeting, they want to meet you and see you can relate at the first meeting.

Don't make lifetime decisions based on Hornnny feelings.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by Makschinchin: 9:16pm On Sep 26, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
You sound immature though, and certainly not even ready for a serious relationship. Note, maturity is not in age. grin

How on earth would you expect your mum and dad to just let you go off with some random guy called a boyfriend? The introduction sef is disrespectful and if you were my child, let me reserve my comment. grin

You're a lady and men will only respect you when you respect yourself. Those guys who run don't run 'cause your parents are holding you down, they do so 'cause every of their moves will be accounted for since they already know your parents/would be meeting them.

You crave so much for disappearing for a long time with a guy and it's not a good thing. I am older than you by a few years, was once monitored 24/7, all movements must be accounted for and I can tell you that in my house, you don't sleep out without anyone knowing your whereabout. Of course, you can't tell my mum or oldest brother you want to go spend a night/more in a guy's house. They don't even want to hear you have a boyfriend, but they somehow knew I did when I was seeing someone. All my life, the only telling I did was when I was formerly proposed to, though, it later didn't work out. The few occasions I've had to disappear was from school for 3days even as an adult, they must not hear of it. Like 2yrs ago, my eldest bro wanted to know whom I was dating, but I refused and ignored his enquiries with smiles, telling him to leave me alone 'cause I hate disappointments. I have a self-con to myself, I have independence and I have one or two places to go to for sleepovers, but I don't bug. You can never see me outside my house by 8 for security reasons. I don't expect you to be me, but I think you're complaining about irrelevance for now. Lastly, the only man you should introduce to your parents is the one ready to marry you.

Nice one ma'am!!

Righteousness89:

You Sound As a well Trained and Responsible lady..

Change your ID........ you don't sound like it!

Just an advice though

Hmmmm, GrabHB hope you hear
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by yomzy4cool(m): 9:20pm On Sep 26, 2019
well am gonna be honest with u , don't even try to leave ur parent house. and there is nothing wrong with u , those guys that left u are chop and clean mouth guys and they are scared of not getting into trouble with ur parent. come to think of it , why is it a problem to visit a lady who stay at with her family ... I didn't see anything wrong in that if they have a good motive towards u. , here is my advice to u don't even. try to leave ur parent house , once u leave trust me and Mark my words men will take advantage of u , use u and make u cry , plus u have no idea of what it's out there , trust me is is beyond the surface , just stay with ur parent , stick with ur job , trust me. the right guy will walk in then things will change for u and I also know that ur parent have a better reason for doing all what they are doing , am telling u all these from experience ... good day
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by xcelentattitude(m): 9:23pm On Sep 26, 2019
Don't fight the fence! It is advantageous. If not for that fence, you could have been telling a story of rape, abortion, kidnapping or others. My own story is a male version of yours, though I'm moving out in weeks but with enough sense. There's this story about a girl named Dinah Jacob, one of the children of Jacob, this was the same way she insisted on going out - and she did, but never came back the same way. I know you have a bible, Read Gen 34 very well!

1 Like

Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by pocohantas(f): 9:23pm On Sep 26, 2019
24kmagic:

Hahaha
I'm a big, big fan of yours.
You always say things the way they are without mincing words.

I'm a guy but I 100% support the way the mother is handling her.

Her parents know her better o and she sounds naive. Make she dey there

1 Like

Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by Nobody: 9:23pm On Sep 26, 2019
Makschinchin:

Like seriously, some girls dey try o... Ifemide123 wants FREEDOM but too bad she's very naive to recent happenings involving relationships between a male and female...

My dear, don't put yourself at risk all in the name of seeking freedom or hookups.. I believe even if you are confined to a room on a daily basis, [b]when the right time comes, God will send the man [/b]He has chosen for you to locate you (Speaking from people's experiences)..

I'll recommend a book for you concerning single ladies which I believe will help you, it's titled, Lady in Waiting by Jackie Kendal and Debby Jones.. If you can get the book, read it (I believe it will help you a lot). If you'll like me to send the PDF version to you, you can send me a pm kiss

Will stop talking shit ... i av a lady in my area almost @39 she is still waiting for God to send a man. every guy she dated once dey invite her over she go pick race. she tried to influence the other young gurls to avoid guys .."sex is all they want" but today about 3 are married regardless of avin pre marital sex. heaven help those who help themselves.
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by seangy4konji: 9:27pm On Sep 26, 2019
Without spending time with each other and all. How can you court or get married even..

He will just come to your house and marry you and you also will leave your house to mmbarry without knowing each other a character? Time wait for no one.. By the time Bulgari finish this tenure now... I know it's either I make it by then or do blood money.

I don't know if you still havV time there but if you don't take Co tell now, get to live alone and meet men? Later you will or might submit for just a rascal or someone r u don't know.

Happened too my sister.. She is still single now at 33 and goes to church where as parents are dead now.

Only thing is she has a good job and business.. Bit not married.. Hurts me for her.
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by fireback: 9:30pm On Sep 26, 2019
Ifemide123:

Thank you
I know my mum. Even if the guy has come to introduce himself to her, she wouldn't still allow for weekends visitations not to talk of a one week or few days visit
girl why will you be having an online relationship, don't you like your life?. Are they no physical guy in hood or in the church where you attend.
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by Makschinchin: 9:30pm On Sep 26, 2019
OvaSabi1:
Ifemide123 you cannot lie ni? Lie that you are going for a friend's wedding or job interview or secondary school re union or something jare. Training, conferences, etc.

Hmmm, and shey you will be a mother someday, I hope you won't mind if your daughter lies to you just to go spend the night with a random guy out there..

Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by micxwell(m): 9:30pm On Sep 26, 2019
missjo:

Getting into a relationship is not that hard once you have friends around you.
Spot on. Exactly my thoughts.
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by Andracarles: 9:44pm On Sep 26, 2019
The mail bounced back
KaBabs1:
Babe, you already know your problem. Find a way to get off your parents leash. I recently advised a friend of mine currently in your shoes to enroll for masters, that way she'll have a legit reason to quit leaving with her parents at least temporarily.

Meanwhile, we are in need of creative writers that enjoy writing fiction stories. If you know you have top-notch writing skills and would love to get paid for it, send a sample of your work to workndearn@gmail.com

NB: There's no letter 'a' in 'nd' in the above email. Also, your sample should be 2 pages (1000 words) long.
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by 24kmagic: 9:44pm On Sep 26, 2019
pocohantas:
Better stay in one place... What do they want you to come over for, if not knacks?

The boys you are rebelling to go meet, are the same ones that will come online to say single girls who live alone are whores.

Who told you they were POTENTIAL PARTNERS? Guys are always potential partners till they knack you from all angles. Nne, this has never prevented anyone from meeting a partner. Except you are locked inside your house all day.

Go out and mingle with guys around you. While at it, toughen up- you sound like a pushover.

Hahaha
I'm a big, big fan of yours.
You always say things the way they are without mincing words.

I'm a guy but I 100% support the way the mother is handling her.

1 Like

Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by XavierD(f): 9:54pm On Sep 26, 2019

You don't need to spend the night in a guys house before you marry.

Day time is enough for you to keep a relationship and still come home on time..

If they guys you meet online are worth it, they should visit your town, lodge in a near by hotel and see you during the day.

1 Like

Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by Ybaby: 9:54pm On Sep 26, 2019
Move the Bleep out !!! Your mates in other countries are traveling solo outside thier country sef

Your parents love you very much and that love will stop your growth.

Fly out butterfly - leave the nest

Remember you only owe them gratitude, money, love and respect after the age of 18 - 21 not your life - your life is yours only.

Heaven will not fall. Move the Bleep OUT. You are an Adult not a child and you can never have freedom in your parent's house - No one can!

3 Likes

Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by Zuriel100(m): 10:09pm On Sep 26, 2019
dear....going to meet a guy u havnt meet b4 in his house is not advisable oo. public place will be better. try be more social, do outing, marriages, meet new people, stop bin boring... look gud and sweet... guys go run after u
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by leonard509(m): 10:11pm On Sep 26, 2019
Ifemide123:
I had to create this account today for this. It's really eating me up and I am tired.
My sisters are lucky tho, they got a job outside our state and moved out of the house cry
go and stay with your sisters, get busy while staying with them tho..nobody got to any good place they're today by staying indoors my dear.. we could talk more cos i helped my younger sisters break out, and even my parents are grateful today with what they've become.
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by Nobody: 10:15pm On Sep 26, 2019
Mutemenot:
Your parents are protective, I married from such family and I can relatively notice the impact from my wife's life. I would prefer you look into another aspect other than boy friend. Time shall come when you will be tired of relationship, be it marriage or boy friend tinz
How did your wife turn out pls? If you don't mind sharing
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by 24kmagic: 10:15pm On Sep 26, 2019
pocohantas:

Her parents know her better o and she sounds naive. Make she dey there

True
She sounds like someone itching to be d!cked

Problem is, she's looking at the wrong set of people to help her scratch what's itching her
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by Offpoint: 10:16pm On Sep 26, 2019
onlinetomola:
That's so serious.... I think there are some parents like that . They're always think they are doing the proper thing but too much of everything is also bad. Although not every parents would be happy or understand when you told them you want to visit your lover you met online. Its crazy really but it's really not matter anymore. You really need an elderly person (May be your Pastor) to help you talk to them and you needs to be talk to also. You ain't young anymore and by the time you gets to 28 when you are over due for marriage and no man in your life then they'ill starts praying and going from one mountain to the other one. That's how some ladies are still single at 30 and above till date.
lol, Pastor?
Even if you're 30 pastor will see it as a sin to have a boyfriend.
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by NoToPile: 10:18pm On Sep 26, 2019
Things are happening.

Abi is it not parents some of us lived with till we got married and never slept over at a 'boyfriends' place.

Any guy that has an issue visiting you in your parents house is not even a potential partner.

Even if he wants to take you out shey he cant bring you back before 7pm or what?

I dont see what the problem is.

You want to go and spend weekend with an online friend grin grin grin issorait.
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by Offpoint: 10:18pm On Sep 26, 2019
Ifemide123:
Ondo town
Oya let's date I'm in Ondo too...
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by Offpoint: 10:18pm On Sep 26, 2019
Ifemide123:
Ondo town
Oya let's date I'm in Ondo too...
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by row2ray(m): 10:21pm On Sep 26, 2019
Ifemide123:

Visiting a guy you met o line is dangerous... Your parents love you that's why they are like that... Send me an email... Rovidltd@gmail.com
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by delpee(f): 10:26pm On Sep 26, 2019
Why don’t you attend the youth Church where your parents worship or join the youth ministry?

Make friends first. A man who truly cares for you will be glad to visit you at home and relate with your parents.
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by Mutemenot(m): 10:33pm On Sep 26, 2019
Ifemide123:

How did your wife turn out pls? If you don't mind sharing

She's good and have good upbringing but she can't stand challenges .. Always have that fear in confrontation n hardly keep friends..
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by Jhamzy(m): 10:35pm On Sep 26, 2019
GraGra247:

Did you even listen to me. The guy has no business coming to see your mom till he's ready to start the marriage process.

He should get himself a hotel room in town to spend his nights. You only go to see him at an eatery around your area and discuss with him and find out everything about him.

The rest other discussions can be on whatsapp chat till he's ready to bring his people and come and officially see your parents.

The only avenue he has to physically meet with you is in an eatry till he sees your parents with his family members and formalize his intent.

If you are married, was that the way you got married? Don't you think there is need for her to know his family, work life and kind of friends he keep and vice versa. Don't you think they need to attend church service together? Don't you think they need to spend physical time together (not love making I mean). She has the will power and right to oblige or refuse if she so will. It's her choice.
Note: meeting in fast food restaurant will never give such freedom and avenue to know about themselves. Don't you think that, both families need to know who their son and daughter are seeing before bringing up marriage issues.
Please let's be guided in giving advice.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Cenderella Nana: Divorce Party Of Egyptian Woman Got People Talking / My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? / Banned From Speaking My Language To My Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.