Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,117 members, 7,943,034 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 11:27 PM

Android, Anyone? - Phones (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? (187547 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? Part II (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (112) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? by texazzpete(m): 2:32pm On Apr 05, 2011
4llerbuntu:

hear hear, tex is in tha building!!!!!!! tongue tongue tongue

wattya think abt El-goog's latest policy of restricting folks from further damaging the rep of the os by installing it in its unfinished state on all manner of unqualified hardware (honeycomb)

the oopensource goons are screaming blue murder, sane pple think its a brilliant idea.
well why port an unfinished tablet os to phones

waddya thunk mate? and hey, that wp7 update finally shipped. . . . to some folks (some service providers still stopping it, waddya knw whisper frag. . . ) grin grin grin

I don't fully agree with you. It's hard enough for the big guys like Samsung, HTC, Motorola and Sony to ship phones with Gingerbread on it, not to talk about porting a tablet-centric version like Honeycomb on one of their phones.

If Google feels HoneyComb is still in a rough state, why send it out with the Motorola Xoom?
Re: Android, Anyone? by Azanor(m): 2:54pm On Apr 05, 2011
texazzpete:

When you can get a new Galaxy S for around 76k, there's no reason to spring for the Desire for 60k.

Glad to see Android picking up more steam. I really like the OS (still partial to iOS for now, but we'll see what the future brings)

Anything that isn't Nokia or Blackberry is a plus in my books. So spread the message!

Nice one! Abeg, can you reccomend a store I can get the Galaxy S for at that price, the ones I saw were all 80k and above.
Re: Android, Anyone? by twinskenny(m): 4:01pm On Apr 05, 2011
slot do for less i think
Re: Android, Anyone? by twinskenny(m): 4:05pm On Apr 05, 2011
took my desire to airtel office this mroning it was configure and i can browse but the stuff is stuck on Edge not 3g, and the edge is extremely slow, what a bad network will quickly finish the 1gb data and switch to either mtn or glo
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 7:14pm On Apr 05, 2011
twinskenny:

took my desire to airtel office this mroning it was configure and i can browse but the stuff is stuck on Edge not 3g, and the edge is extremely slow, what a bad network will quickly finish the 1gb data and switch to either mtn or glo

Try visiting wap.ng.Airtel.com on ur phone primary browser, it may bring out d 3g service!
Don't ask me why, I don't know!
someone did that and it did d magic grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by twinskenny(m): 8:34pm On Apr 05, 2011
na2day!:

Try visiting wap.ng.Airtel.com on your phone primary browser, it may bring out d 3g service!
Don't ask me why, I don't know!
someone did that and it did d magic grin

sorry mate that didnt work for me grin grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 9:33pm On Apr 05, 2011
@twinskenny
my guy u hv to go tru d pain of calling cc to activate ur line for 3g service. . . . .ask DoubleN grin. . . .d guy dialed for over 150 times b4 getting tru grin wink
as for me i have two zain lines with 3G on them wink
Re: Android, Anyone? by twinskenny(m): 9:40pm On Apr 05, 2011
i don try 3 differnet cc line am not getting through, pls one is most effective abeg?
Re: Android, Anyone? by Azanor(m): 9:42pm On Apr 05, 2011
twinskenny:

slot do for less i think

Na, Slot had theirs going for 80k
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 10:05pm On Apr 05, 2011
twinskenny:

i don try 3 differnet cc line am not getting through, pls one is most effective abeg?
hmm try 444. . . . . .i tink dats dia dat help desk
cheers
Re: Android, Anyone? by twinskenny(m): 10:52am On Apr 06, 2011
hi guys apart from poweramp which other apps can i use as media player?> my htc desire sound is pretty low, thanks
Re: Android, Anyone? by twinskenny(m): 12:10pm On Apr 06, 2011
lynxnoon:

hmm try 444. . . . . .i tink dats dia dat help desk
cheers

hmm i tried the 444 i keep hearing i was not allowed to call this number, i later tried 111 i got tru but the guy said i should keep on trying i dont know what that means, thats a network fluctuation i guess i need to do away with this sim and get mtn or glo is frustrating honestly
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 3:20pm On Apr 06, 2011
@tex, u do realise that the reason why those carriers cant push updates quickly is ineptitude and greed.

they have issues with customizing the hell out of the os, crippling features and maintaining stability. so they work on it for long

they also do not want to put the newer os on fones so as to have a reason to sell new fones running the newer os as an attraction

the xoom/honeycomb matter was just a big fail on their part, na ipad2 gra gra worry dem, they wanted to try not to be left behind. that was a bad decision all the way
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 6:34pm On Apr 06, 2011
twinskenny:

hmm i tried the 444 i keep hearing i was not allowed to call this number, i later tried 111 i got tru but the guy said i should keep on trying i dont know what that means, thats a network fluctuation i guess i need to do away with this sim and get mtn or glo is frustrating honestly
well if u can take it to dia office n request to see d data help desk. . . . wen u get to d desk just do all u can, sike, cajole, smile etc and kindly ask for dem to activate ur sim
cheers
Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 12:26am On Apr 07, 2011
lynxnoon:

@twinskenny
my guy u hv to go tru d pain of calling cc to activate your line for 3g service. . . . .ask DoubleN grin. . . .d guy dialed for over 150 times b4 getting tru grin wink
as for me i have two zain lines with 3G on them wink
No be say u talk bros,I dialed them over 180 times non stop! but i finally got the breakthrough! grin
twinskenny:

The Customer Care guy just dey yarn you dust,i went through the same pain. Just keep calling 111 ( I recommend using this app AUTO DIAL,it will ease ur redialing worries.) When you finally get through, tell them nicely that you want ur line provisioned for 3G Services (give them your phone make and model). You will be asked to switch off your phone and remove the battery for a couple of minutes. I followed these steps and it worked for me. grin

[size=8pt]N.B Do not cut the phone till you are totally satisfied![/size]
Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 12:32am On Apr 07, 2011
twinskenny:

hi guys apart from poweramp which other apps can i use as media player?> my htc desire sound is pretty low, thanks
Get doubletwist, it is the best music player for andriod IMO,it also supports air syncing! Which can be done by installing the PC or MAc app on your computer.
Re: Android, Anyone? by texazzpete(m): 6:52am On Apr 07, 2011
4llerbuntu:

@tex, u do realise that the reason why those carriers cant push updates quickly is ineptitude and greed.

they have issues with customizing the hell out of the os, crippling features and maintaining stability. so they work on it for long

they also do not want to put the newer os on fones so as to have a reason to sell new fones running the newer os as an attraction

the xoom/honeycomb matter was just a big fail on their part, na ipad2 gra gra worry dem, they wanted to try not to be left behind. that was a bad decision all the way

You 'open source' geeks don't ever want to understand the need to make money off a product grin

The manufacturers skin Android to offer some level of differentiation. For every one who says they won't buy an Android phone because it's running a stock ROM, there are 2 less savvy users who will buy a phone with the custom skin because it looks 'more pretty'.
And you're right, they'd rather not update constantly so they can spur consumers to buy new devices. They need to make money afterall.

Meanwhile, I hope the underwhelming sales of Motorola's hyped Atrix phone has shown you just how saturated the Android phone market is? This is most likely why Nokia didn't go with Android.
Re: Android, Anyone? by twinskenny(m): 7:09am On Apr 07, 2011
I email d Airtel cc and they finally provisio my line for 3g.
Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 8:04am On Apr 07, 2011
Thank God for that,sit back and enjoy the thrills of 3G!
Re: Android, Anyone? by twinskenny(m): 8:09am On Apr 07, 2011
Yeah bbro pretty fast
Re: Android, Anyone? by twinskenny(m): 10:46am On Apr 07, 2011
all said and done, the airtel 3G service is not bad after all, good speed. chei my 1gb don dey finish
Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 10:54am On Apr 07, 2011
twinskenny:

all said and done, the airtel 3G service is not bad after all, good speed. chei my 1gb don dey finish
Shwoo!!! shocked Wetin you dey download so? Download these apps 3G WatchDog to keep track of your data usage and [b]Traffic Monitor [/b]to see what's using up your bandwidth.
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 9:45pm On Apr 07, 2011
hey grin grin
congrats twinnskenny
Re: Android, Anyone? by twinskenny(m): 10:11pm On Apr 07, 2011
lynxnoon:

hey grin grin
congrats twinnskenny
thanks bro, Airtel 3g is not doing bad too.
Re: Android, Anyone? by twinskenny(m): 10:15pm On Apr 07, 2011
Double N:

Shwoo!!! shocked Wetin you ddey download so? Download these apps 3G WatchDog to keep track of your data usage and [b]Traffic Monitor [/b]to see what's using up your bandwidth.
bros don't mind me was using d torrent to download some mp3. the watchdog apps is a great one too, at least I knw how much have consume,
Re: Android, Anyone? by bily(m): 5:36am On Apr 08, 2011
@tex
easy to love the galaxy s over the desire, but the faulty gps on the galaxy is a sure deal breaker for me (i can still deal with d lag fix) so i may actually pik the desire

well i think the reason the attrix dint sell that much is cos of the not so good reviews especially about the webtop and docks which where one of the main selling points.

lg optimux 2x is actually getting sold out compared to the attrix prabably cos the optimus had better reviews
Re: Android, Anyone? by gmcbiz(m): 11:15am On Apr 08, 2011
Brand new Huawei s7 android tablet pc for just N67,000

call; 080-333-283-64
Re: Android, Anyone? by texazzpete(m): 5:25am On Apr 09, 2011
bily:

@tex
easy to love the galaxy s over the desire, but the faulty gps on the galaxy is a sure deal breaker for me (i can still deal with d lag fix) so i may actually pik the desire

well i think the reason the attrix dint sell that much is cos of the not so good reviews especially about the webtop and docks which where one of the main selling points.

lg optimux 2x is actually getting sold out compared to the attrix prabably cos the optimus had better reviews

Webtop and the dock were optional components that did nothing to detract from the overall appeal of the standalone phone. The Atrix scored consistently high reviews.

Android sales can be baffling sometimes. Despite the CES and MWC hype, analysts say the Xoom tablet may have sold just 100k units compared to the nearly 3 million iPad 2s sold already.
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day1: 9:07am On Apr 09, 2011
texazzpete:

Webtop and the dock were optional components that did nothing to detract from the overall appeal of the standalone phone. The Atrix scored consistently high reviews.

Android sales can be baffling sometimes. Despite the CES and MWC hype, analysts say the Xoom tablet may have sold just 100k units compared to the nearly 3 million iPad 2s sold already.

Nothing is really baffling about Android's sales, d oems are d albatross on android's neck,
imagine the ridiculous Motorola having xoom priced so high!
It's higher than the 64GB iPad2! Even
if the two tablets were equal in
specs, same amount of memory,
same power, same size, etc, the xoom may be able to compete.
Yet it has less memory (32GB)
and is priced $100 more than the
64GB iPad2. U wonder whether their executives actually went to a business school!
Not only is the Xoom thicker and less appealing
in design, it is seems Motorola is not facing reality, they ought to have crashed the price immediately ipad 2
came out!
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day1: 9:55am On Apr 09, 2011
While u guyz are waiting for VLC player,
U can try MOBOPLAYER app, it can play almost all d formats and a very nice GUI
[img]http://www.cdn.androidpolice.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/image_thumb69.png[img]
[img]http://www.cdn.androidpolice.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/image_thumb69.png[img]
Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 11:54am On Apr 09, 2011
@na2day!:

Nothing is really baffling about Android's sales, d oems are d albatross on android's neck,
imagine the ridiculous Motorola having xoom priced so high!
It's higher than the 64GB iPad2! Even
if the two tablets were equal in
specs, same amount of memory,
same power, same size, etc, the xoom may be able to compete.
Yet it has less memory (32GB)
and is priced $100 more than the
64GB iPad2. U wonder whether their executives actually went to a business school!
Not only is the Xoom thicker and less appealing
in design, it is seems Motorola is not facing reality, they ought to have crashed the price immediately ipad 2
came out!

Apple just knows how to do it right. Consumers first!

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (112)

How To Borrow Airtime From Glo Using “borrow Me Credit” / The Galaxy A Series! / How To Install Whatsapp On A Nokia S40 Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.