Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,117 members, 7,943,033 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 11:23 PM

Android, Anyone? - Phones (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? (187546 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? Part II (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (112) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day1: 3:53pm On Apr 09, 2011
@na2day!:

While u guyz are waiting for VLC player,
U can try MOBOPLAYER app, it can play almost all d formats and a very nice GUI
[img]http://www.cdn.androidpolice.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/image_thumb69.png[img]
[img]http://www.cdn.androidpolice.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/image_thumb69.png[img]

grin grin grin
Dis new opera app dey fumble o! see wahala for just embeding of pix grin

Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 3:00pm On Apr 10, 2011
The Opera mini sabi fumble especially when editing and inputing. The major bonus for me its that it compresses data.You can give Dolphin Browser a try.
Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 1:34pm On Apr 14, 2011
Hi Tweeps! Try searching for the word Tilt in your Goggle Sear bar on your andriod device and be amazed at what you will see. tongue
Re: Android, Anyone? by Azanor(m): 2:32pm On Apr 14, 2011
The Future of Windows Phone 7 - Impressive!!
Re: Android, Anyone? by Azanor(m): 2:32pm On Apr 14, 2011
The Future of Windows Phone 7 - Impressive!!

http://www.viddler.com/explore/engadget/videos/2691/
Re: Android, Anyone? by otumfour(m): 8:04pm On Apr 14, 2011
HTC Sense 3.0 will only support Sensation, EVO 3D, Flyer and newer devices; older hardware left behind

Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 8:17pm On Apr 14, 2011
The Smartphone war is going out of hand with all these overpowered handhelds. 3D screens,Dual core processors,8 megapixel cameras all with 4G LTE!!!! These people are out to make people broke.
Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Apr 14, 2011
Looks good, would only get this if the specs blows my DHD out of water
Re: Android, Anyone? by shenny(m): 10:33pm On Apr 14, 2011
Finally - Hands on - and loving it, shocked
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 12:42am On Apr 15, 2011
grin grin grin I've started saving for HTC EVO 3D grin grin grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 2:07am On Apr 15, 2011
On their earnings call today, Google revealed some impressive stats about Android, courtesy of Jeff Huber, Senior VP of Commerce and Local. There were three notable facts, in particular: there have been over 3 billion Android apps installed, downloads of Android apps are up 50% in the last quarter, and 350,000 Android devices are being activated per day. Whoa, whoa, and whoa.

Given that we’ve heard about the massive number of activations before, perhaps the most impressive numbers are those about apps. As TechCrunch so eloquently puts it: "The first billion installs took 20 months, the second billion installs took another 5 months, and the third billion took only 2 months." Given that downloads jumped a ridiculous 50% in the past three months, it the next 3 billion will likely happen in no time at all. Even more impressively, I’d guess those numbers are installs via the official market, and don’t factor in unofficial markets such as Amazon’s Appstore.

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 2:09am On Apr 15, 2011
grin grin tongue tongue
Re: Android, Anyone? by shenny(m): 5:59pm On Apr 15, 2011
Still trying hard to understand and get used to my HTC Desire - am new to Android - ANYBODY with 1st timers usage and guide, it would really come handy, loving it all the way,
Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Apr 15, 2011
@ Shenny, click on www.bestandroiddownloads.com

there you see a forum for android users, it will lead you to a topic on new users.
Re: Android, Anyone? by shenny(m): 6:10pm On Apr 15, 2011
@na2day, @Double N, @otumfour, etc,

Loving the Android technology (software/hardware) but i still find it hard to differentiate between devices or products and what to look out for during a device upgrade,

The time is now to have a Nigerian Android Community, to share ideas and to take it a step further asking manfacturer's for updates for Nigerian usage, etc,   undecided
Re: Android, Anyone? by texazzpete(m): 2:18pm On Apr 16, 2011
shenny:

Loving the Android technology (software/hardware) but i still find it hard to differentiate between devices or products and what to look out for during a device upgrade,

The time is now to have a Nigerian Android Community, to share ideas and to take it a step further asking manfacturer's for updates for Nigerian usage, etc,   undecided

Why?

Perhaps a group of programmers to share tips and info in making Android apps could make sense, but why a group for 'ideas' on how to use a device?
What do you mean by 'updates for Nigerian usage'?
Abeg if you cannot use your phone, revert back to Nokia phones ASAP.
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 9:20pm On Apr 16, 2011
texazzpete:

Why?

Perhaps a group of programmers to share tips and info in making Android apps could make sense, but why a group for 'ideas' on how to use a device?
What do you mean by 'updates for Nigerian usage'?
Abeg if you cannot use your phone, revert back to Nokia phones ASAP.

Haba texazz, i'm sure the guy is a newbie grin
But a good advice nevertheless, one can cook up such a site for pros and newbies grin

shenny:

Shenny i'm game if other will add their inputs grin
@Double N, otumfour and others, if u're interested holler and get me @ kunlerom@gmail.com
I'll put d site up within days!
Nice idea grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by texazzpete(m): 6:25am On Apr 17, 2011
@na2day
Total waste of effort. That's really what this forum should cater for - responding to people questions.

Still, it's your time grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by ifecx4real: 8:16am On Apr 17, 2011
i want to sell ma bb curve 2 and buy an htc desire. any 1 interested in curve 2 holla at me on 08184687517 for 26k.
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 9:04am On Apr 17, 2011
texazzpete:

@na2day
Total waste of effort. That's really what this forum should cater for - responding to people questions.

Still, it's your time grin

I wouldnt have given it a second thought, but for d antispambot emasculating one here!
Re: Android, Anyone? by shenny(m): 11:54am On Apr 17, 2011
@texazzpete - u sound so sallow - wouldn't say more,

@na2day - would surly setup a meeting
Re: Android, Anyone? by shenny(m): 12:13pm On Apr 17, 2011
@na2day - thanks for ur insightful response generally - Am having issues with my batt running out of juice so fast - have got "Advanced Task Killer" installed, but its not really helping any other idea?
Re: Android, Anyone? by quoxouq(m): 1:08pm On Apr 17, 2011
Shenny and android users.

your batteries run out of juice primary because of the following:
-your internet is constantly active
-your phone searches for 3G signal where 2G might be more accessible hence more work is being done, consuming more power.
-you're constantly on the phone. It's understandavbe considering all your chosen apps.

All the above points have solutions:
-turn your internet off whenever you don't need it
-try using 2G frequently. Go to settings>wireless networks>access points>turn off 3G
-give your phone a break. I know it's hard.

PS All the above will also stop the heat. It's a flaw yes but we love our droids don't we?
Re: Android, Anyone? by shenny(m): 1:30pm On Apr 17, 2011
@quoxouq - WoW - Spot-on, grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by quoxouq(m): 1:38pm On Apr 17, 2011
correct guy
Re: Android, Anyone? by kehindepb: 9:02pm On Apr 17, 2011
i v a brand new Android, phone goin 4 26k cal mi 08089317096
Re: Android, Anyone? by texazzpete(m): 9:52pm On Apr 17, 2011
shenny:

@texazzpete - u sound so sallow - wouldn't say more,

@na2day - would surly setup a meeting

At least i'm not unintelligent like you. I've run the whole smartphone gamut from Symbian (6600, Ngage QD) to Win Mo (Xda mini S, HTC TyTN) to iPhone (2G, 3G, 3GS, 4) to Blackberry (9700, 9780). I have never had to resort to whining on Nairaland for basic information that can be found in just a 10 minute visit to several internet discussion boards.

Also, unlike you I know how to spell the word 'shallow'.
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 10:16pm On Apr 17, 2011
kehinde pb:

i v a brand new Android, phone goin 4 26k cal mi 08089317096
pls post make n model of phone. . . n pics if u can
cheers wink
Re: Android, Anyone? by shenny(m): 11:59pm On Apr 17, 2011
texazzpete:

At least i'm not unintelligent like you. I've run the whole smartphone gamut from Symbian (6600, Ngage QD) to Win Mo (Xda mini S, HTC TyTN) to iPhone (2G, 3G, 3GS, 4) to Blackberry (9700, 9780). I have never had to  resort to whining on Nairaland for basic information that can be found in just a 10 minute visit to several internet discussion boards.

Also, unlike you I know how to spell the word 'shallow'.
shenny:

The time is now to have a Nigerian Android Community,  to share ideas and to take it a step further asking manfacturer's for updates for Nigerian usage, etc,    undecided

cool loo bring it on,  picking on my typo or listing device(s) only God can confirm (true or source);  with a forum like Nairaland if you can't add value, then just keep your views to yourself. Were you copied in the 1st place - eh i didn't think so.

Quite a lot of reader's love what "na2day" is doing - please don't try derailing the Section Topic, Thank U
Re: Android, Anyone? by twinskenny(m): 9:29am On Apr 18, 2011
@shenny yu are picking on a wrong guy, Texas is cool guess he is trying to let u knw that u can Google
This thing within a few minutes instead of creating another web page. Me too I was new to my HTC desire but with toime i get used to it. The market is your best friend mate.
Re: Android, Anyone? by otumfour(m): 7:15pm On Apr 18, 2011
grin ;Dgreetingz to the na2day and 'emz u digg, otum4 is hurr grin ANDROID TILL WE SAY NO! TO PHONES,
@shenny! welcome to tha club dude, Mr. Pete tEXAZZ aKa. Steve Jobs is a cool dude btw
grin grin
btw, people, smart phones are slowly chipping away @ the portable gaming market, checkout the stats

iOS and Android continue chipping away at mobile gaming market, consoles remain strong

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (112)

How To Borrow Airtime From Glo Using “borrow Me Credit” / The Galaxy A Series! / How To Install Whatsapp On A Nokia S40 Phones

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.