Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,865 members, 7,872,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:07 AM

Android, Anyone? - Phones (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? (184894 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? Part II (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (112) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? by charlesm91(m): 6:58am On Apr 11, 2012
Pls anyone wit fairly used sony ericsson xperia neo or neo v shud pls holla.its needed

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? by FindOut(m): 8:17am On Apr 11, 2012
I'm seriously considering buying a new android fone, the samsung galaxy y pro duos (with keypad & touchscreen, runnin android OS 2.3) very very soon, maybe today. But i av a few questions from users of d phone or similiar galaxy models:

1) can d phone battery last for up to a full day with fairly constant browsing using 2G? *battery is 1350maH*

2) can i preload maps (Nigeria) on it such that i wont av to connect to the internet everytime i want to access it?

3) is the juice defender app really effective in increasin battery life of androids generally? Or its just a slight increment?

4) do i just go for a nokia e5 instead Or d LG p500(android 2.2)? Or what android fone will u recommend wt a 25-28k budget??

Thanx guys. Xpecting replies soonest.
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:16pm On Apr 11, 2012
Find Out!:
I'm seriously considering buying a new android fone, the samsung galaxy y pro duos (with keypad & touchscreen, runnin android OS 2.3) very very soon, maybe today. But i av a few questions from users of d phone or similiar galaxy models:

1) can d phone battery last for up to a full day with fairly constant browsing using 2G? *battery is 1350maH*

only a person who has used the phone itself can tell you this reliably.

but from experience, i'd say no.

it actually depends on what you mean by fairly constant browsing. 12 hours of browsing? 5 hours? 9 hours?

NB: even a laptop wont go 12 hours straight browsing so

then again battery life depends on so many other factors.
for one if you are going to be on stock ROM, its not likely to be good. a "good" custom ROM with custom radio firmware is the place to start

there are also additional things you can do for extended battery life

Find Out!:

2) can i preload maps (Nigeria) on it such that i wont av to connect to the internet everytime i want to access it?

seems this is the new catch phrase for FUD here now. answer from google itself: http://www.google.com/mobile/maps/

Find Out!:

3) is the juice defender app really effective in increasin battery life of androids generally? Or its just a slight increment?

NO!! task killers and so called battery apps actually do more harm than good.

Find Out!:

4) do i just go for a nokia e5 instead Or d LG p500(android 2.2)? Or what android fone will u recommend wt a 25-28k budget??

its a free world. it may turn out you may be much more comfortable with the e5.

as for the p500 well, from me id say no. because the only result from that will be that you will come back here to start posting useless threads on how bad android is when as a matter of fact you are using an underpowered phone with rubbish specs and 3 years old android version!

Find Out!:

Thanx guys. Xpecting replies soonest.

try to use the search function and read the thread. all your questions have been asked and answered several times over on this thread and in this forum
Re: Android, Anyone? by earthrealm(m): 3:14pm On Apr 11, 2012
@4LLERBUNTU.....

the lin k you provided is to download the google maps adroid programme..this will still gobble up some airtime/network tarrif...what i/we are asking for is the raw apk file to install directly on the fone ...i finally got it from plunder.......
thanks for all ur help grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Apr 11, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S3 coming soon...I can't wait
Re: Android, Anyone? by puskin: 11:56pm On Apr 11, 2012
Wait ooh.......na Q&A marathon be dis page??
Re: Android, Anyone? by Leopantro: 12:48am On Apr 12, 2012
has anyone come across an app that turns the hotspot on andriod phone into a billing hotspot router?
Re: Android, Anyone? by edoyad(m): 5:17am On Apr 12, 2012
I don't know,,this app claims it will use your screen as a solar panel and charge your phone. grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by aieromon(m): 5:52am On Apr 12, 2012
edoyad: I don't know,,this app claims it will use your screen as a solar panel and charge your phone. grin

What's the name?A similar app just came up for Symbian devices.
Re: Android, Anyone? by kethrindesouza(f): 7:12am On Apr 12, 2012
Android is a best and today very popular mobile operating system for mobile. Android is a best operating system because it has so many features and Android developers are using some latest tools and technology like Sun’s Java Development Kit, Software Developer Kit, Eclipse IDE etc to make it more powerful.
Re: Android, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 7:31am On Apr 12, 2012
edoyad: I don't know,,this app claims it will use your screen as a solar panel and charge your phone. grin

That app does NOT work properly, after downloading app, it replicates charge sequence but it drains your battery !!!!!
Re: Android, Anyone? by edoyad(m): 11:29am On Apr 12, 2012
aieromon:

What's the name?A similar app just came up for Symbian devices.
Its Called Solar Charge, but i didn't get it from the Market

Lexusgs430:

That app does work properly, after downloading app, it replicates charge sequence but it drains your battery !!!!!
You have me confused, you said it works properly then contradict by saying it drains my battery.
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:37pm On Apr 12, 2012
dude, i dont know what to say, cos really this has far reaching implications on the IQ levels

of course the damn thing is a practical joke, like an april fool kind of thing, how on hell can u take it seriously?

so u honestly think every app does what the dev claims it does? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin LWKMD
Re: Android, Anyone? by edoyad(m): 1:42pm On Apr 12, 2012
4llerbuntu: dude, i dont know what to say, cos really this has far reaching implication grin ;Ds on the IQ levels

of course the damn thing is a practical joke, like an april fool kind of thing, how on hell can u take it seriously?

so u honestly think every app does what the dev claims it does? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin LWKMD

grin grin
You mean say the rubbish na hoax app? Reminds me of that Finger print reading app for impressing friends.
Re: Android, Anyone? by DAVE5(m): 3:34pm On Apr 12, 2012
Andro Blaze: If you want the camera to start working again revert back to your old OS- simple. But if you do want to use ur phone Twhich you refused to tell us the make) with gingerbread, give us more details eg. The type of your phone, the model, if the gingerbread OS you flashed on it is custom or from the manufacturer and lastly if the OS you flashed on it is for the SPECIFIC model of your phone and not and not that of a lower or higher model frrm the same manufacturer.
I don't think I'll like to go back to os 1.6,
I use a sony ericsson xperai x10 and I flashed it with its own specific os and its not from d manufacturer cos I tried using its pc suite to upgrade it but it failed so I had to google how I could upgrade it myself and answers came and I followed d procedure given by downloading d files which I used for d flashing,I don't know much about d android thingy though,thanks In advance for ur help.
Re: Android, Anyone? by engrhamid(m): 4:11pm On Apr 12, 2012
edoyad: .

grin grin
You mean say the rubbish na hoax app? Reminds me of that Finger print reading app for impressing friends.
Finger print lock
Re: Android, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 5:27pm On Apr 12, 2012
edoyad:
Its Called Solar Charge, but i didn't get it from the Market

You have me confused, you said it works properly then contradict by saying it drains my battery.

Sorry, omitted NOT !!!!!
Re: Android, Anyone? by texazzpete(m): 9:00pm On Apr 12, 2012
4llerbuntu:

sometimes i dont know which to think about you, you either like trolling for the fun of it, or by nature you are an hypochondriac.
either way its even more annoying when you do it based on stuff thats plainly not true

google maps on android started supporting offline caching of maps since version 5 since 2010 thereabouts. so its either the version on your fone is a donkey years old or you are plainly lying.

the option clearly has "download area map" in it so?

'download area map' only caches like a 2 mile radius from your current location, if i'm not mistaken. And you need a data connection (or wifi) on the phone to download.

With Nokia maps (or Garmin or Sygic) you can load up entire countries/continents and never have to re-download map tiles on the go.
Re: Android, Anyone? by Kadata(m): 7:48am On Apr 13, 2012
*signing in with Samsung Galaxy S*
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:27am On Apr 13, 2012
texazzpete:

'download area map' only caches like a 2 mile radius from your current location, if i'm not mistaken. And you need a data connection (or wifi) on the phone to download.

With Nokia maps (or Garmin or Sygic) you can load up entire countries/continents and never have to re-download map tiles on the go.

going by his "needs" as expressed it is sufficient. thanks for letting us know about nokia tongue tongue

D.A.V.E:

I don't think I'll like to go back to os 1.6,
I use a sony ericsson xperai x10 and I flashed it with its own specific os and its not from d manufacturer cos I tried using its pc suite to upgrade it but it failed so I had to google how I could upgrade it myself and answers came and I followed d procedure given by downloading d files which I used for d flashing,I don't know much about d android thingy though,thanks In advance for ur help.

there is official gingerbread for the x10 and it works fully.

which rom did u flash precisely? the only ROMS for the x10 that dont have functional camera are the cyanogen ROMS. and even at that cyanogen 7 now has fully functional camera, only CM9 does not have. change your custom ROM

BTW most of the Roms around now need you to unlock your bootloader but that is now very easy to do using the Flashtool.

the xda board is the place to go, im sure your needs will be met
Re: Android, Anyone? by DAVE5(m): 10:42am On Apr 13, 2012
worse part is I don't know wat rom I used ,I know noting abt android
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:35pm On Apr 13, 2012
do u have a screenshot app?

if u do, pu it on, go to settings>about phone take a screenie and post it here

the name of the ROM will definitely be posted there

or else

just tell me the following things u see there

Baseband version:

Kernel version:

Build Number:
Re: Android, Anyone? by edoyad(m): 12:36pm On Apr 13, 2012
4llerbuntu: FURTHER EDIT.

turns out when i put in my sim, turned off data and tried it again it successfully completed the emulating 3g part, so hopefully im using my office LAN as my data connection smiley smiley smiley
make e no be say na my precious data i dey rock.

anyway,as a tip for my fellow android rockers, get a bb, use airtel wink wink wink u shocked.
let me break it down for u, before it used to be that u could use ur airtel bb data elsewhere, but they blocked it.
[b]either they have opened it back [/b]or i stumbled on the way to unlock it again.

so now i use a rundown bb (has to be urs or when u subscribe they will migrate ur accts onto the poor victim's bb) to subscribe and put the sim in my android. 1gb for 1,400 naira pronto.

if it does not work, get onto that plan that gives u 10mb per week free or try those trial thingies and get data other than the 1 gb. it should then start working.

just feeling nice today. my easter gift to y'all

OMG! Take one guess, what am i browsing with right now? I didn't have to even do all those complicated stuff you mentioned. 1 whole giglomo for 1k4 . cheesy wink
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:53pm On Apr 13, 2012
edoyad:

OMG! Take one guess, what am i browsing with right now? I didn't have to even do all those complicated stuff you mentioned. 1 whole giglomo for 1k4 . cheesy wink

at least u wont complain too much about data guzzling now eh? yeah u welcome grin grin grin grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by bularuz(m): 7:07pm On Apr 13, 2012
Hello house does anybody have the magic dual Sim adapter for Samsung galaxy s2 for sale. Am highly interested.
Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Apr 13, 2012
4llerbuntu: do u have a screenshot app?

if u do, pu it on, go to settings>about phone take a screenie and post it here

the name of the ROM will definitely be posted there

or else

just tell me the following things u see there

Baseband version:

Kernel version:

Build Number:

That seems a long process. He should just Google on the specification of his phone.
Re: Android, Anyone? by aieromon(m): 11:38pm On Apr 13, 2012
edoyad:

Chop knuckle jor cool
I hope you can manage it 'cos android taught me a big lesson in my first month.Now I know better.
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:59am On Apr 14, 2012
smh
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:59am On Apr 14, 2012
all4naija: That seems a long process. He should just Google on the specification of his phone.

as usual you will jump into a convo that does not concern you without even taking time to read. did u even see the beginning of the convo? since when does flashing a custom rom become part of the phone's specifications?

u think pple on NL are fools who like wasting their time? smh
Re: Android, Anyone? by BlackBaron: 1:01am On Apr 14, 2012
Just saw some Japanese android phones today and the specs are literally x2 of all we get in Europe, America or anywhere else.

12-16 Megapixel with 1080p recording shocked
Dual core
720-1080p HD screens
Waterproof and dustproof as standard plus takes pics and videos underwater!
TV
A single phone supports micro sd and sdhc
MHL
Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 1:06am On Apr 14, 2012
4llerbuntu:

as usual you will jump into a convo that does not concern you without even taking time to read. did u even see the beginning of the convo? since when does flashing a custom rom become part of the phone's specifications?

u think pple on NL are fools who like wasting their time? smh
Dude, are you drunk? I don't need to explain anything to you if you are that so silly.This is the last time I would visit this thread!

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (112)

How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data / How To Stop Automatic Touches On Screens Of Your Android Phones And Tablet / The Galaxy A Series!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.