Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,181 members, 7,880,680 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:00 AM

Android, Anyone? - Phones (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? (185162 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? Part II (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (112) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? by Saddam: 1:25am On Apr 14, 2012
android

Re: Android, Anyone? by statusnet(m): 10:38am On Apr 14, 2012
Please where can i get a Case for my Samsung Galaxy S in Nigeria ?
Re: Android, Anyone? by bularuz(m): 5:06pm On Apr 14, 2012
pls where can i get magic dual-sim adapter for samsung galaxy s2
Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Apr 14, 2012
all4naija: Dude, are you drunk? I don't need to explain anything to you if you are that so silly.This is the last time I would visit this thread!

Oga no vex he was simply trying to tell u that he was not makin any mistake in asking for his kernel and modem version. Just read thru u go understand. No insults here pls
Re: Android, Anyone? by kokoboy11(m): 9:22pm On Apr 15, 2012
i need help on how to use root manager to install a custom rom...have rooted my htc mytouch slide and downloaded d rom manager and the rom i want to install but before i continue i need some tutorials from someone who has done it successfully with rom manager...
Re: Android, Anyone? by puskin: 1:46am On Apr 16, 2012
all4naija: Dude, are you drunk? I don't need to explain anything to you if you are that so silly.This is the last time I would visit this thread!

lol....R U drunk......better come back here.
Re: Android, Anyone? by puskin: 1:57am On Apr 16, 2012
I want to back up my SMS from phone to PC....whom amongst U can recommend the perfect softie for me to do that
Re: Android, Anyone? by kokoboy11(m): 7:00am On Apr 16, 2012
pls I need help using ROM manager
Re: Android, Anyone? by kokoboy11(m): 7:14am On Apr 16, 2012
I will be glad if someone can just give tutorial on how to load a Rom using ROM manager. I downloaded a recovery image today and d Rom a want to load.
Re: Android, Anyone? by bily(m): 8:23am On Apr 16, 2012
puskin: I want to back up my SMS from phone to PC....whom amongst U can recommend the perfect softie for me to do that

gosms pro allows you to backup ya sms to the cloud. eg into ya Gmail account as a zip attachment
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:29am On Apr 16, 2012

**** iyogogo iyogogo iyogogo****

bros y u dey tear shirt? i abuse u?

@ puskin, follow ur guy yarn abeg, ice water is still cheap
Re: Android, Anyone? by nastydamus(m): 12:43pm On Apr 16, 2012
Just installed the 'Google Currents' app and I can't complain much for now.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.currents
My only problem is that most Nigerian tabloids either don't have current news feeds or don't support the app altogether.
The Punch and Vanguard are available though.
It also allows for syncing with your favourite blogs so that you can read them in newspaper-like format.
Re: Android, Anyone? by puskin: 12:53pm On Apr 16, 2012
4llerbuntu:

**** iyogogo iyogogo iyogogo****

bros y u dey tear shirt? i abuse u?

@ puskin, follow ur guy yarn abeg, ice water is still cheap

Correct......how u go just comot just like dat.
Re: Android, Anyone? by KazeKage1: 10:36am On Apr 17, 2012
all4naija

You must be a keyboard warrior or something, i remember spanking you over this same attitude of yours on a thread, yet you still carry on doing the same thing. If you don't visit this thread, posts will STILL keep coming, solutions will be proferred, so run along&mind the door on your way out.

This is a faceless forum but that doesn't give you the right to spew phockery or talk to people whose shoes you can't lace in the real world. That said, sheath your sword.

4ller,
Buzz me on whatsapp once you see this. Thanks smiley
Re: Android, Anyone? by KazeKage1: 10:43am On Apr 17, 2012
In other buzz worthy news, I'm about taking the plunge into the tablet family.
Price range: 70k (Must be running an Android OS)
Will need all the pros and cons i can get from you folks.
Thanks
Re: Android, Anyone? by puskin: 2:12pm On Apr 17, 2012
Hmmm......diving in deeper.......guuuuuuud
Re: Android, Anyone? by aieromon(m): 3:40pm On Apr 17, 2012
KazeKage1: In other buzz worthy news, I'm about taking the plunge into the tablet family.
Thanks

70k will get you a tablet from the Galaxy Tab 7'' series.
I prefer you add a lil' money and go for the 10.1.
Re: Android, Anyone? by 2kurupt(m): 11:40pm On Apr 17, 2012
just flashed my first custom rom grin
feeling like one very badt guy ryt now cool

first of all, who else uses cm7 here? I got a bug with my Bluetooth refusing to come on... Help needed
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:46am On Apr 18, 2012
2kurupt: just flashed my first custom rom grin
feeling like one very badt guy ryt now cool

first of all, who else uses cm7 here? I got a bug with my Bluetooth refusing to come on... Help needed

bros go and ask dem for the thread wey u get the ROM from o grin grin grin grin

the dev be d right person to ask. im sure it will be a known bug and the solution will be there
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:49am On Apr 18, 2012
who has flashed a custom ROM in which the dev incorporated the AROMA installer?

mehn, its at times when i see stuff like dis, made by people in their bedrooms, that opensource just tickles my poraro.

as in beautiful, classy work. sheesh! cool cool cool
Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Apr 18, 2012
KazeKage1: In other buzz worthy news, I'm about taking the plunge into the tablet family.
Thanks

There are a few questions that might help:
1. Where do you intent to purchase the tablet 9ja, Yankee, JD or China?
2. What special features are you looking out for - inbuilt sim slot?
3. Are you going to be playing games or just watching movies?

There are a couple of cheap android tablets around Lagos, but most of the ones up for sale come with Froyo (2.2) or Gingerbread (2.3). The big names like Samsung, Toshiba etc come with Honeycomb (3.2) which is a great improvement on 2.3 (which was in turn, a great improvement on 2.2). If you're crazy about having the latest OS, get a tablet with Ice cream Sandwich (4.0).

If you cant afford the big names, and you're crazy about performance, you might want to consider the Allwinner A10 processor (with Mali 400 graphics processor), or the Rockchip RK2918 processor (with GC800 graphics processor). The Superpad/Wopad/Flytouch models use Infotmic X220 or 210 with integrated graphics, making them not as enticing as the Allwinner and RK2918. In speed, the Allwinner boasts of 1.5GHz and can play HD 2160P! The RK2918 is clocked at about 1.2GHz and cannot play HD 2160P, but it comes with a more powerful graphics processor clocked @ 600MHz (the Mali 400 is clocked @ about 380MHz) for a better gaming experience.

If buying from the US/UK, you can get some good deals from amazon, ebay, but if buying from China, there are several sites you could check out e.g. www.chinatabletspcs.com, but would not recommend buying from China unless you trust the source 1st hand, or you know some1 first hand who has made a purchase w/o hassles. Bottom line is: it's cheaper buying from China, you would be surprised at what you would find. However, the China tablets hardly have inbuilt 3G sim slots, but almost all support external USB dongles. Dont forget to get the multitouch capacitive touch screen with IPS technology (same as Ipad 2).
Re: Android, Anyone? by akaebux(m): 3:35pm On Apr 18, 2012
Thanks

BRAND NEW HUAWEI IDEOS S7
(Can support SIM card, Aluminium stand, FREE 8gb memory card and FREE pouch. Good battery time – Hot selling)

1. Processor: 1GHZ scorpion (Qualcomm Snapdragon)
2. 2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3. 3G Network HSDPA 900 / 2100
4. Display 480 x 800 pixels, 7.0 inches
5. WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
6. Bluetooth v2.1 with A2DP, EDR
7. Micro USB v2.0
8. Video-calling
9. Messaging SMS(threaded view)
10. MMS
11. Email
12. Push Mail
13. IM
14. Browser HTML
15. GPS
16. Java via Java MIDP emulator
- MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player
- MP4/H.263/H.264 player
- 720p video playback
- Organizer
- Voice memo
- Predictive text input
17. Battery: 2200mAh. Stand-by time Up to 168hrs; Talk time Up to 5hrs

Re: Android, Anyone? by akaebux(m): 3:38pm On Apr 18, 2012
Thanks

MID – A10
(Very sharp and slim. Good battery time – Hot selling)

1. Processor: Boxchip A10 1.2GHZ
2. RAM: 512MB DDR3
3. 7" TFT LCD capacitive screen 16:9 /Resolution:800*480
4. Video format(1080P):WMV, MKV, MOV, AVI, RM/RMVB, MPEG-2/4.
5. Audio format:MP3, WMA, 3GP, AAC, FLAC, WAV.OGG
6. Software: Support Word, Excel, PPT, PDF, MSN, Skype, etc.
7. Game:3 D game, G-Sensor game, Classic game, Touch game.
8. Automatic screen rotation: Four-Direction Rotate screen.
9. Hard Disk: 4GB 10.Support external 3G module
11. Support WIFI:802.11B/G/N
12. Support 1.3MP camera
13. Support 1080P/ 3D video output
14.Slot list:
TF x 1(maximum: 32GB)
Mini USB x 1
HDMI X1
Stereo Audio out x 1
Microphone in x 1
15.O.S: Android 2.3
Rechargeable Li-Polyer Battery:2800mAh/5V 2Ah
Available colors: white/black.

Re: Android, Anyone? by akaebux(m): 3:40pm On Apr 18, 2012
Thanks

MID – QUALCOMM (With free gifts)

1. Processor: Qualcomm MSM7227-1
2. LCD SIZE: 7'WVGA
3. Android 2.2.2
4. 3G (Direct Internet with SIM card) + calls
5. Touch panel: "Capacitive multi-point touch". Resolution 800*480
6. Memory 256MB DDR RAM + 512MB Nandflash
7. GPS
8. WIFI 802.11b/g/n
9. Blue Tooth 10. Back Camera 5.0M
11. Front Camera 0.3M
12. 3G: WCDMA built-in
13. 3D G-Sensor
14. T-Flash Up to 32GB
15. USB 2.0,OTG
16. Battery: 4500mAh. Standby time up to 2 days; Talk time up to 8 hours

BULK BUYERS ARE WELCOME (GREAT DISCOUNTS)

Call/sms: Mazi (08066624675) or email: onebayprs@gmail.com

Re: Android, Anyone? by malikalhaj: 7:48pm On Apr 18, 2012
How do I download an app from playstore hat is not available for my country Pls I don't want market enabler anything but that.
Thanks
Re: Android, Anyone? by embassyman(m): 12:01am On Apr 19, 2012
hello all, i have a motorola android, but i dont know how to connect it to browse, its not seeing my sim card, i am not sure if it accept normal sin or maybe i can use it as phone, its about 12 inches or so, need help
Re: Android, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 12:21am On Apr 19, 2012
embassyman: hello all, i have a motorola android, but i dont know how to connect it to browse, its not seeing my sim card, i am not sure if it accept normal sin or maybe i can use it as phone, its about 12 inches or so, need help

Motorola have a couple of android devices. To enable people understand and help you, the model of your phone needs to be stated,ie motorola atrix. And what message you get when you insert a sim card. The way you have worded your enquiry, is a little bit vague.
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:13am On Apr 19, 2012
malikalhaj: How do I download an app from playstore hat is not available for my country Pls I don't want market enabler anything but that.
Thanks

why not? what harm will market enabler do to your fone?

anyway your other option is to google for the .apk of the particular app and sideload

or use an alternative market like amazons or aptoide

or remove the google play app on your fone and sideload a premodified google play .apk that has been modded to remove restrictions. (search xda, i think i saw one there last week)
Re: Android, Anyone? by BlackBaron: 9:36am On Apr 19, 2012
Thanks
I'm guessing you're in Nigeria. If you got family or friends abroad, 70K is enough to get you a very decent tablet, a xoom, galaxy tab, Sony tablet, playbook sideloaded with android apps.
Re: Android, Anyone? by anysun: 9:40am On Apr 19, 2012
Hi Every one, check out the New LG Optimus 3D phone. It has so many apps and the battery last longer. visit this site for yourself; http://ng.lgworld.com/web.themeEvent.RetrieveOptimus3DEventView.dev?eventId=1000002023

Re: Android, Anyone? by malikalhaj: 10:17am On Apr 19, 2012
4llerbuntu:

why not? what harm will market enabler do to your fone?

anyway your other option is to google for the .apk of the particular app and sideload

or use an alternative market like amazons or aptoide

or remove the google play app on your fone and sideload a premodified google play .apk that has been modded to remove restrictions. (search xda, i think i saw one there last week)
Don't like the notion of removing my simcard intact I don't like opening my phone, also I might not be around my wireless when I need to download
Tried the modded market but I do get FC when trying to download, trying aptoide
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:48am On Apr 19, 2012
market enabler is an application. it just requires root access. so ur device must be rooted

why would u remove your sim or open your fone?

which fone are u using sef?

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (112)

How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data / How To Stop Automatic Touches On Screens Of Your Android Phones And Tablet / The Galaxy A Series!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.