Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,918 members, 7,872,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:31 AM

Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? (20409 Views)

Do You Pray Together As Boyfriend And Girlfriend?honest Answers Needed / Can We Pray Together? / Can We Pray Together? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Go Down)

Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by TellyB(m): 7:27am On Jun 09, 2007
@babyosisi,

Lol, I'm amazed at oyb's logic. I'm even more amazed at bari_kade's scissors at his post. grin
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by Rogo: 7:27pm On Jun 10, 2007
because there is nothing in their brain and the women are afraid because there are all dead men
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by TellyB(m): 7:40pm On Jun 10, 2007
Rogo:

because there is nothing in their brain and the women are afraid because there are all dead men

Lol. . . actually most Muslims I know, whether men or women, are very intelligent. Unfortunately, not many of these intellectual Muslims speak out publicly. grin
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by simmy(m): 8:00pm On Jun 12, 2007
@ barry
Im just stating facts. im not making any conclusions. Xtians in the name of xtianity have killed more people and shed more blood than ANY other religion in the world. and dont go 'Xtianity doesnt preach violence' line, cos most religions (including Islam) does not preach violence (at least directly), The old testament is full of gory details of killings of gentile men women and children and xtians extrapolated these killings to their own lifetimes.

All im saying is b4 u accuse Islam of being bloodthirsty (it actually is) consider the bloodthirstiness of at least some people who professed to be membersof ur religion in the past. MAN! the catholic church alone has the blood of millions and millions and millions of men, women and children on its hands which will never wash off; protestants have been almost as bad!
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by barikade: 8:57pm On Jun 12, 2007
@simmy,

simmy:

I'm just stating facts. im not making any conclusions. Xtians in the name of xtianity have killed more people and shed more blood than ANY other religion in the world. and don't go 'Xtianity doesnt preach violence' line, because most religions (including Islam) does not preach violence (at least directly), The old testament is full of gory details of killings of gentile men women and children and xtians extrapolated these killings to their own lifetimes.

When you mix up facts and arrive at such inferences, it still leaves your remarks hanging. I'm not a Jew, please; and yes I believe in the revelations of the OT. Your inferences against Christianity are flawed if you are still unable to delineate issues clearly.

simmy:

All im saying is before u accuse Islam of being bloodthirsty (it actually is) consider the bloodthirstiness of at least some people who professed to be membersof your religion in the past. MAN! the catholic church alone has the blood of millions and millions and millions of men, women and children on its hands which will never wash off; protestants have been almost as bad!

How have I been accusing Islam against its obvious adventures if you could state in as highlighted that "it actually is"?? I've noticed that in recent times people simply magnify the ills of the Catholic Church as basis for their allegations against Christianity. And yes, Christianity preaches peace - even if you may not wish to examine the NT for yourself.

Cheers.
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jun 12, 2007
The men don't want to be aroused by muslim women even though these women are in ninja outfits.
They prefer to be aroused by the hands and feet of "infidel women" in real life,magazines,TV or internet.

News had it that Mohammed attah the head of the 9/11 terrorists had hooded wives at home but had nude pictures of women on their hotel walls.
They even frequented nude bars before the attack,perhaps to preview their "virgins" before they finally get to frolick with their 72 virgins and prepubertal males "serving them" lipsrsealed
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by sirgai(m): 10:01am On Jun 13, 2007
what amazing is the many xtians responding to a muslim oriented post. is the original intending to find out why and understand or has already made up his mind and just wanted to ridicule islam?

islam like many other faith has been practised wrongly by people and on hadiths there are so many untrue ones out there.

to understand better google up understanding islam and learn.

salam
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by barikade: 10:31am On Jun 13, 2007
@sirgai,

sirgai:

what amazing is the many xtians responding to a muslim oriented post. is the original intending to find out why and understand or has already made up his mind and just wanted to ridicule islam?

I think for the most part, the topic seeks to understand the why this practice holds true among Muslims; but I'm speaking for myself, as I'm one of those who's been observing this thread keenly.

sirgai:

islam like many other faith has been practised wrongly by people and on hadiths there are so many untrue ones out there.

That is true; and as far as practices are concerned, Islam is not the only religion where its adherents have introduced a whole lot of other issues not found in their holy books.

However, when I read the Muslim response that there are true, weak and false hadiths, I wonder if anyone could be so generous to delineate which hadiths are true; or better still, recommend a link online for us to read them for ourselves.

sirgai:

to understand better google up understanding islam and learn.

I think some of us have been trying to do that; but not much help has been sifted from the materials found online on this question. Do you have something more helpful?
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by simmy(m): 4:01pm On Jun 13, 2007
Dear Barry,
Im not mixing up facts. Except u want to deny the facts. Christians in the name of christianity have killed more people than adherents of any other religion. Heretics have been burnt at the stake in their millions; witchhunting was the favourite pastime of christians in the middle ages. Political power was acutely abused by the church and was used to control, intimidate and control the society. It is true! dear Barry!!! face the facts!!!!!! i didnt write history,

Now whether these gruesome acts by the church and christians in Europe where inspired by God or the devil is another argument for another post but the moral of the story is how are we different from the muslims. The average muslim will argue tht the Osama's of this world are inspired of the devil and not of Allah!

dont get me wrong i actually beleive that fundamentalists are a pain in the neck and i also realise that islam seems to be prone to violence breeding; but most religions (including islam) do not directly preach violence and we should not be unfair to muslims in our horror, shock, unbeleif and grief at what some of the proponents of their faith have done or intend to do
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by simmy(m): 4:17pm On Jun 13, 2007
@ topic

Let me just state once and for all that i find the attitude of many xtians appalling and unxtianlike and im actually vewry dissponted.
Many xtians go out of their way to ridicule adherents of other religions without paying attention to the faults of their own religion (if you cna call them faults, )

My personal belief (notice the word, personal) is that Islamic theology is poorly developed (at least in comaprision to xtianity0 and so it is easy to pick holes in it. The islamic apparent disregard for women was common to middle Easterners in those days and extended to the early Xtians. (if u dont believe me, try and re-read Paul's exhortation to women to cover their hair and shut up in church. It;s obvious that Paul had so high a regard for women tht he told them all to shut up in church. Women should be seen not heard!!!! Thats respect alright, !
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by barikade: 4:41pm On Jun 13, 2007
@simmy,

This is just one of those wild statements that I would like you to offer me ONE FACT about:

simmy:

Heretics have been burnt at the stake in their millions

Please, just one line of unbiased historical FACT for the millions will do, thank you.

simmy:

don't get me wrong i actually beleive that fundamentalists are a pain in the neck and i also realise that islam seems to be prone to violence breeding; but most religions (including islam) do not directly preach violence and we should not be unfair to muslims in our horror, shock, unbeleif and grief at what some of the proponents of their faith have done or intend to do

My dear simmy, the NT does not make me a Jew; and as a Christian if a Muslim believes that I'm one of those who should be beheaded for no other reason than my just being Christian, I think that is enough to shock both you and me.

I'm not referring to tangential issues, and I hope you can see that. These are well established tenets in Islam; and incase you're still only interested in the shadow boxing, I would advise you to please go and study just one Islamic subject: J.I.H.A.D.

simmy:

Let me just state once and for all that i find the attitude of many xtians appalling and unxtianlike and im actually vewry dissponted.
Many xtians go out of their way to ridicule adherents of other religions without paying attention to the faults of their own religion (if you cna call them faults, )

I'm here for a debate and not ridicule. Issues that are of deepest concerns to me inform my engagement in such debates; and if that happens to cross the lines into the example of JIHAD, I don't think that is reason for anyone to begin to make wild statements just to prove that Christianity by the NT is WORSE than the fundamental beliefs of Islam in that regard.

simmy:

My personal belief (notice the word, personal) is that Islamic theology is poorly developed (at least in comaprision to xtianity0 and so it is easy to pick holes in it.

I don't agree with you. Neither Muslims nor Christians who have studied Islam by any measure will come away tagging its theology as "poorly developed".

simmy:

The islamic apparent disregard for women was common to middle Easterners in those days and extended to the early Xtians. (if u don't believe me, try and re-read Paul's exhortation to women to cover their hair and shut up in church. It;s obvious that Paul had so high a regard for women that he told them all to shut up in church. Women should be seen not heard!!!! Thats respect alright, !

That is just one case in point where you misread issues. I'm not one of those who subscribes to this misconception - for that was not Paul's personal views, but what the Lord revealed. Yet, it does not make the woman inferior to the man - you only need to read the NT and see the place of each person, and then you might get answers to your complaints.
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by WesleyanA(f): 6:29pm On Jun 13, 2007
men and women don't pray together in some churches either.

it depends on what's mainstream and what mode the religion is at the time.
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by simmy(m): 8:26pm On Jun 13, 2007
Oh barry
the good Lord revealed that women should SHUT UP IN CHURCHES and not speak
Barry ure way way too smart to actually believe that. That staement was borne out of Paul's personal predjudices against women.
I really neednt argue with you Barry if you do not know that a horrendous, appalling and awe-inspiring number of people were burnt at the stake for religious reasons in the middle ages,. it just shows that ure ignorant (pardon me , couldnt find a less harsh word).
It was aginst the law in those days to be anything but a Xtian in the West. Even Xtians who had opposing or contradicitry view to the church were forced to retract their blasphemous statements or burnt at the stake. Ever heard of the spanish inquisiton?Do u think they were playing games?? Those people killed in the name of the Lord and they were the most bloodthirsty set of vermins u ever saw. the crusades!!!? Do u know how many millions were sensellesly butchered in the name of saving the holy land from the infidels (i.e Islamists, {which they failed to do, the muslims finally took control of the holy land}actually the muslims also butchered just as many xtians as well), and my friend Barry says im making wild statements!!!

(laughs in chinese and shakes his head despondently)
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by WesleyanA(f): 9:12pm On Jun 13, 2007
That staement was borne out of Paul's personal predjudices against women.

lol
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by barikade: 10:02pm On Jun 13, 2007
@simmy,

If you're feeling quite in the mood for wild statements and comedy, I can bear with you. But trying to flog an issue while knotting yourself all at once is not what accentuates the substance in your rejoinders - if they bear any substance at all. Instead of calmly providing pointers to your purported statistics, you're still vending your soft-sell capers (not to mention that we're familiar with the usual propagandist antics that say nothing at all).

Another one of those wild statements again:

simmy:

Barry ure way way too smart to actually believe that. That staement was borne out of Paul's personal predjudices against women.

Now which is which - the Lord's revelation or Paul's personal prejudices?

My dear simmy, I can have the evening off listening to good music and more mature jokes with online movies; instead of these tired old skits with which you're trying so hard to solicit my interest. Until I read something more to the point (without the frantic drama) in your repostes, here's just crossing my fingers for you.

Cheers.
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by Nobody: 1:51am On Jun 14, 2007
simmy:

Oh barry
I really neednt argue with you Barry if you do not know that a horrendous, appalling and awe-inspiring number of people were burnt at the stake for religious reasons in the middle ages,. it just shows that ure ignorant (pardon me , couldnt find a less harsh word).
It was aginst the law in those days to be anything but a Christian in the West. Even Xtians who had opposing or contradicitry view to the church were forced to retract their blasphemous statements or burnt at the stake. Ever heard of the spanish inquisiton?Do u think they were playing games?? Those people killed in the name of the Lord and they were the most bloodthirsty set of vermins u ever saw. the crusades!!!? Do u know how many millions were sensellesly butchered in the name of saving the holy land from the infidels (i.e Islamists, {which they failed to do, the muslims finally took control of the holy land}actually the muslims also butchered just as many xtians as well), and my friend Barry says im making wild statements!!!

Did you say middle ages dear?
This is 2007,so your muslim friends are still trying to catch up?

when will they change?

sorry ,I forgot that the Christ abhored killings and anyone killing in his name was not sent by him or commanded by him to do so and Muhammad did it and promoted it,why are we comparing apples and udala?
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by Nobody: 1:53am On Jun 14, 2007
The Crusades

The Muslim Game:

Muslims love talking about the Crusades… and Christians love apologizing for them. To hear both parties tell the story, one would believe that Muslims were just peacefully minding their own business in lands that were legitimately Muslim, when Christian armies decided to wage holy war and "kill millions.”

The Truth:

Every part of this myth is a lie. Even by the rules that Muslims claim for themselves, the Crusades were perfectly justified, and the excesses (though beneath Christian standards) pale in comparison with the historical treatment of conquered populations at the hands of Muslims.

Here are some quick facts…

The first Crusade began in 1095… 460 years after the first Christian city was overrun by Muslim armies, 457 years after Jerusalem was conquered by Muslim armies, 453 years after Egypt was taken by Muslim armies, 443 after Muslims first plundered Italy, 427 years after Muslim armies first laid siege to the Christian capital of Constantinople, 380 years after Spain was conquered by Muslim armies, 363 years after France was first attacked by Muslim armies, 249 years after Rome itself was sacked by a Muslim army, and only after centuries of church burnings, killings, enslavement and forced conversions of Christians.

By the time the Crusades finally began, Muslim armies had conquered two-thirds of the Christian world.

Europe had been harassed by Muslims since the first few years following Muhammad’s death. As early as 652, Muhammad’s followers launched raids on the island of Sicily, waging a full-scale occupation 200 years later that lasted well over two centuries and was punctuated by massacres, such as that at the town of Castrogiovanni, in which 8,000 Christians were put to death. In 1084, ten years before the first crusade, Muslims staged another devastating Sicilian raid, burning churches in Reggio, enslaving monks and raping an abbey of nuns before carrying them into captivity.

In theory, the Crusades were provoked by the harassment of Christian pilgrims from Europe to the Holy Land, in which many were kidnapped, molested, forcibly converted to Islam or even killed. (Compare this to Islam’s justification for slaughter on the basis of Muslims being denied access to the Meccan pilgrimage in Muhammad’s time).

The Crusaders only invaded lands that were Christian. They never attacked Saudi Arabia or sacked Mecca as the Muslims had done (and continued doing) to Italy and Constantinople.

The period of Crusader “occupation” (of its own former land) was stretched over less than two centuries. The Muslim occupation is in its 1,372nd year.

The period of Crusader “aggression” compresses to about 20 years of actual military campaign, much of which was spent on organization and travel. (They were from 1098-1099, 1146-1148, 1188-1192, 1201-1204, 1218-1221, 1228-1229, and 1248-1250). By comparison, the Muslim Jihad against the island of Sicily alone lasted 75 grinding years.

Unlike Jihad, the Crusades were never justified on the basis of New Testament teachings. This is why they are an anomaly, the punctuation of fourteen centuries of relentless Jihad that began long before the Crusades and continued well after they were over.

The greatest crime of the Crusaders was the sacking of Jerusalem, in which 30,000 people were said to have been massacred. This number is dwarfed by the number of Jihad victims, from India to Constantinople and Narbonne, but Muslims have never apologized for their crimes and never will.

[size=15pt]What is called 'sin and excess' by other religions, is what Islam refers to as the will of Allah.[/size]
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by WesleyanA(f): 1:56am On Jun 14, 2007
Did you say middle ages dear?
This is 2007,so your muslim friends are still trying to catch up?

when will they change?

when the middle east become more liberal like the western countries have become.
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by Nobody: 1:56am On Jun 14, 2007
simmy:

Oh barry
It was aginst the law in those days to be anything but a Christian in the West. Even Xtians who had opposing or contradicitry view to the church were forced to retract their blasphemous statements or burnt at the stake. Ever heard of the spanish inquisiton?Do u think they were playing games?? Those people killed in the name of the Lord and they were the most bloodthirsty set of vermins u ever saw. the crusades!!!? Do u know how many millions were sensellesly butchered in the name of saving the holy land from the infidels (i.e Islamists, {which they failed to do, the muslims finally took control of the holy land}actually the muslims also butchered just as many xtians as well), and my friend Barry says im making wild statements!!!

[size=20pt]More people are killed by Islamists each year than in all 350 years of the Spanish Inquisition combined.[/size]
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by barikade: 8:05am On Jun 14, 2007
@davidylan,

davidylan:

The first Crusade began in 1095… 460 years after the first Christian city was overrun by Muslim armies

Just so that our friends are cordially reminded of the FACTS they so like to conveniently avoid, this happened in November 1095 when Pope Urban II launched the First Crusade at Clermont in south central France. He was a latecomer to the Muslim "visit" 460 years EARLIER!

I was just waiting for simmy (and his folks) to come round their wild statements and carefully go through history. Particularly, how they see the crusades as preceding the Jihad of Islam.

On both sides, there was no justification for such wars. However, as babyosisi has pointed out, one should look into the books (the Bible) for where Christ instructed that anyone should go kill in His name. But since our friends heard of the Spanish inquisition, they fail to note this subscript whenever they make reference to it:

davidylan:

[size=20pt]More people are killed by Islamists each year than in all 350 years of the Spanish Inquisition combined.[/size]
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by nossycheek(f): 10:11am On Jun 14, 2007
davidylan:

Here are some quick facts…

Sicilian raid, burning churches in Reggio, enslaving monks and raping an abbey of nuns before carrying them into captivity.

Having a taste of the virgins before paradise?
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by simmy(m): 11:44am On Jun 14, 2007
@ barry

I dont have to go into specifics to verify my 'wild statements and comedy' if u're not aware of the truth in these statements, why are we exchanging comments in the first place?

The spanish inquisition is just one example of the millions of despicable acts commited by xtians in God's name. The ilamist fundamentalists are just following in the xtian brothers footsteps. Both xtians and muslims were involved in acts of butchery during the crusades, and even though islam has had a very violent past, it has been surpassed in savagery only by xtianity.

Christian apologists view these facts and shrug and say these acts where not inspired by God!!
Morden Islamic scholars look at terrorists and claim that they re not insired by Allah!!!\
You tell me what the difference between Christians and muslims then!!!!!!

I repeat Barry,,, i do not need to give you specific examples of Xtian savagery in history, its like you asking me to prove that the holocaust happend!!

Many xtians do not realise how similar their religion is to islam. Both religions share roots, and stem from the same culture, therefore many teachinfg which have cultural roots found their way into both religions.

For example if i do not know much about xtianity will it be strange for mwe to misundertsand Christ's statement 'the kingdom of God suffereth violence and the violent taketh by force'?

I dont claim to know much about Islam (I actually know nothing!) but ive spoken to many semmingly rational muslims who assure me that ther jihad theory is only relevant in spiritual contexts. Also put it in mind that Mohahmed had to be violent to survive in his days just like the Isrealites had to be violent in other to propagate their culture, way of life and religion.

I dont support terrorists and I'm not a muslim; but christians should learn to be a lot more concerned about the sensitivities of some muslims who just want to worship their Allah in peace.

For every act of violence carried out by some muslim fundamentalist, there exists about a thousand acts of barbarism carried out in the name of God by some middle age Knight in Europe to someone labelled a Jew, pagan, muslim or savage, the truth cannot be denied by simply refusing to acknowledge it,
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by barikade: 11:56am On Jun 14, 2007
@simmy,

Please do me one favour: rather than continue the hangover from the stupor of the wild statements, please refer to your history books again. I'm quite certain now that the whole caper is waning, even though you're not wishing to get done with it; like this one again:

simmy:
The spanish inquisition is just one example of the millions of despicable acts commited by xtians in God's name. The ilamist fundamentalists are just following in the xtian brothers footsteps.

So, the Crusades came before the Islamic invasion 460 years earlier, not so? Your history teacher must be really impressed! And thanks all the same; it was a nice try. smiley
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by simmy(m): 12:04pm On Jun 14, 2007
Barry
youre the one making inferences from my statements to suit your purpose,

I assumed (wrongly it s obvious now) that by saying the islamists followed in the footseps of xtians it was obvious that i was not referringdirectly to the crusades but to Christian violence in general. Youre the one who has his history muddled up! Youre not even aware of the happenings of the past of your own religion
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by barikade: 12:23pm On Jun 14, 2007
@simmy,

Pardon me if you read my inferences as muddled up. I only asked you to produce or adduce evidence for the following statements I read in your rejoinders:

MILLIONS burnt at the stake

the Islamist fundamentalists following the Spanish Inquisition
(since you failed to see where the Crusades came in)

etc.

If you're going to read me your own belief of historical antecedence, be kind enough to be honest and cut out the dramas and wild frantic statements before I can take you seriously.

Thank you.
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by simmy(m): 1:04pm On Jun 14, 2007
ok, maybe not millions, maybe a feww hundred thousands, myabe not even a few hundred thousands, mayb tens of thousands, does it matter?? if u know your history u'll be aware that burning at the stake was quite a commmon event. Ask the Lollards (who were xtians too), ask the 'witches' and other unfortunate souls how many they were, Even Galilio the scientist was forced to recant at the stakes (all he did wrong was state that the earth was not the centre of the universe, in those days it suited the catholic church to teach that the earth was the centre of the universe)

Some questions should not even be asked!!! i hope ure aware that asking funny questions about the holocaust can be regarded as a crime in the West these days, Dont even bother to insinuate that chrisitians have not been barbaric in the past, barry, dont EVEN DARE TO GO THERE. That'll be tantamount to rewriting history. i dont need to give u specifics and evidence. information is easy to get these days, and im sure ure just feigning ignoirance to suit ur purpose which i find very amusing

Im a Xtian myself and i believe in the truth as told by the Bible,,, but when i pick holes in another persons religiona nd crticise i'll make sure my religion is not guilty of the same sin. Maybe i'll structure a more detailed respoonse for ur benefit later (im at work rite now) but i hope u catch my general drift

Like the Wise Man said " why dont u pick out the log of wood in your eyes first, then u'll be able to see clearly enough to pick the speck of dust in your brothers eyes"

Chrisitians are especiallythis sin (Especially AMERICAN EVANGELISTS) who are the most hypocritical set of himan beings i ever saw! Anyways i'll structure up a detailed response stating exactly what my beef for most mordern xtians is. Islamist fundamentalists are craz, agreed! but so are many Xtians!
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by barikade: 2:24pm On Jun 14, 2007
@simmy,

simmy:

ok, maybe not millions, maybe a feww hundred thousands, myabe not even a few hundred thousands, mayb tens of thousands, does it matter??

It matters. Accusing others of being crazy is not making a saint out of you by making frantic (and often dramatic) capers. A few hundred thousands . . a few thousands . . maybe tens of thousands: my dear simmy, I hope all is well - are you that desperate? Which is which?

I have stated the case earlier that the wars on either side were [b]un[/b]justified (IMHO). That does not mean that we should pretend the Islamic threat of JIHAD is non-existent. They won't tell you what exactly it means. . . until another incident like the Gombe murder occurs (God forbid). And then what? You'll come back to apologise that Christians are as bad or crazy as the Jihadists for not seeking to murder a Muslim woman, NO?

We won't need any statistics for that; so you can keep up the melodramatic gambols as much as makes you happy. My fingers are still crossed for you, dear simmy.
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by simmy(m): 2:55pm On Jun 14, 2007
Barry

My point is simple enough! u cant claim islam is fundamentally flawed simply because some of its members are prone to violence especially when some members of your own religion have done much worse. simple as ABC, i dont seee what the fuss is all about. the attitude of most Xtians to islam is simply hyprocritical. Im yet to meet a muslim who translates islamic jihad in physical contexts, those who do are simply extrmists and do not fololow the will of Allah!!!!b Simple!!!

I can go out and decide to start killing people in the name of Christ tommorow, does that mean im following Christs will Most muslims are convinced |Osama is not a muslim, so whats your point?

You asked if i was desperate? No im not, but you just showed that u lack a sense of humour ans i'll have to keep it in mind that when im discussing with u i have to spell everything out in black and white , for ur sake i'll translate:

I said:
ok, maybe not millions, maybe a feww hundred thousands, myabe not even a few hundred thousands, mayb tens of thousands, does it matter??

what that means in simple (notice the word simple, lol) english is:
We will acheive nothing by counting noses. The important thing is a huge amount of people were killed in the name of Christ

Ps: by thje way 'counting noses' does not literally translate to counting noses; it means counting individuals

If xtians refuse to revenge-murder any1, then theyre potraying themselves as good xtians, if they choose to, then they are NOT xtians (at least technically) they only profess to be xtians. if a muslim murders any xtian in the name of jihad, then he is NOT a true muslim (at least technically) simple as ABC!!!
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by barikade: 3:19pm On Jun 14, 2007
@simmy,

My posts and debate with Muslims are not about just this one issue. If you're confused, bemused and amused all at once about that, please carefully go through the various debates on either side and satisfy your curiosity.

If you believe we Christians (if that exposes you as a non-Christian) have done far worse, thank you. At least, you'd still be sitting comfortably in an airplane beside a Christian anytime you travel; no one would harrass you at the airports for simply being Christian; and no, Christians will not appeal to Qisas when a Muslim woman is murdered.

Worse yet is the "fact" that we very, very bad Christians are the ones calling for the annihilation of Israel; we Christians are the ones going on rampage whenever Muhammad or Jesus is being cartooned; and we should have sought to slice a film producer like Muslims did in the case of Van Gogh while chanting Allahu Akbar!

I'm not done yet. Further to your archives of "factology", we Christians have done "worse" by comparison of the mistreatment of women in Pakistan, Afghanistan and Saudi Arabia; plus, Christians are the very same people who threaten everyone and lie through the teeth with al-Taqiyya.

Thank you for your revisionist theories, simmy. But your comedy is long over-spent. wink
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jun 14, 2007
another revisionist historian and member of the Committee of Concerned Christians for Allah (CCCA).

simmy:

Many xtians do not realise how similar their religion is to islam. Both religions share roots, and stem from the same culture, therefore many teachinfg which have cultural roots found their way into both religions.

1. Perhaps it is your own brand of christianity that is similar to islam. How can christianity and islam "share the same roots" when christianity had been in existence more than 4000 yrs before the advent of islam? Can a 107yr old man and a 2 yr old share the same mother?

2. How did christianity and islam "stem from the same culture"? What culture?
Christianity started as part of the Jewish culture (Judaism) until Christ came and opened the door of salvation to the gentiles. Islam on the other hand did not exist until the 12th century and is a largely an incorporation of pagan arab culture - a culture that is radically distinct from Jewish culture!

3. It is clear and has been shown several times over on this forum that islam plagiarised several christian teachings in a bid to decieve its followers into believing the false idea that both it and christianity were similar! Several facts prove this:
- the quran WRONGLY claims that Abraham built the kaaba, however NO jewish tradition nor historical facts buttress this false claim.
- The quran claims mary the mother of Jesus was Aaron's sister - however Aaron lived more than 4000 yrs before Mary was born! An anachronism!

simmy:

I don't claim to know much about Islam (I actually know nothing!) but ive spoken to many semmingly rational muslims who assure me that ther jihad theory is only relevant in spiritual contexts. Also put it in mind that Mohahmed had to be violent to survive in his days just like the Isrealites had to be violent in other to propagate their culture, way of life and religion.

1. The assurances of your "seemingly rational" muslim friends has little or no influence on the vast majority who believe it is the will of allah to slah iinfidels, apes and pigs.

2. To compare Mohammed's violence with that if the Isrealites is to be economical with the truth! READ your bible right side up! The jews did NOT kill to propagate their religion, culture or way of life! No where in the bible are we told that they went to war to FORCE their enemies to bow down to Jehova!

simmy:

I don't support terrorists and I'm not a muslim; but christians should learn to be a lot more concerned about the sensitivities of some muslims who just want to worship their Allah in peace.

It is amazing how many "christians" come on these boards seeking other christians to show sensitivity to the same muslims who do not hesitate to ridicule christianity and kill us at the drop of a hat!

simmy:

For every act of violence carried out by some muslim fundamentalist, there exists about a thousand acts of barbarism carried out in the name of God by some middle age Knight in Europe to someone labelled a Jew, pagan, muslim or savage, the truth cannot be denied by simply refusing to acknowledge it,

The usual "christian" deception! Struggling so hard to find something to justify muslim violence. There have been no christian crusades for more than 500 yrs yet muslims are still murdering thousands every day!
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by simmy(m): 7:35pm On Jun 14, 2007
davidylan:

another revisionist historian and member of the Committee of Concerned Christians for Allah (CCCA).

1. Perhaps it is your own brand of christianity that is similar to islam. How can christianity and islam "share the same roots" when christianity had been in existence more than 4000 years before the advent of islam? Can a 107yr old man and a 2 yr old share the same mother?

Duh,  your analogy stinks (don't mean to b e rude but it really sucks),,, but to answer your question,  yes! if the mother is 120 years old, ! don't even bother with a reply to this one!!!!LMAO

. How did christianity and islam "stem from the same culture"? What culture?
Christianity started as part of the Jewish culture (Judaism) until Christ came and opened the door of salvation to the gentiles. Islam on the other hand did not exist until the 12th century and is a largely an incorporation of pagan arab culture - a culture that is radically distinct from Jewish culture!

Well,  my bible tells me that Isaac and Ishmael both came from Abraham. Apart from that both Isreali and Arabs are of the same stock,,, i thot it was obvious

It is clear and has been shown several times over on this forum that islam plagiarised several christian teachings in a bid to decieve its followers into believing the false idea that both it and christianity were similar! Several facts prove this:
- the quran WRONGLY claims that Abraham built the kaaba, however NO jewish tradition nor historical facts buttress this false claim.
- The quran claims mary the mother of Jesus was Aaron's sister - however Aaron lived more than 4000 years before Mary was born! An anachronism

i agree with u. so i really don't understand what ure trying to prove. i beleive the writer of the quoran muddled up many details. (apologies to all potential islamists out there), lol

To compare Muhammad's violence with that if the Isrealites is to be economical with the truth! READ your bible right side up! The jews did NOT kill to propagate their religion, culture or way of life! No where in the bible are we told that they went to war to FORCE their enemies to bow down to Jehova!

Come on man! grow up! when the muslims killed for political reasons u tagged them as murderers,  all of a sudden it was okay when the isrealites (and mordern day israelis) did it for the same reasons,  smacks of double standards if u ask me. Tell me when the Israelites were killing the cannanites was it less cruel than when the islamists where on an expansionist scheme in arabia?ok,  i get it! it was ok because God told the Israelites to do it,  and the devil told the muslims to do it. don't get me wrong1 im not saying the israelites in the OT did anythiong wrong,  but neither did the early muslims.

Mordern day Israelis (with the aid of 'God's-own-country') supported by many (Alas ignorant) Xtians kill palestinians every day in Gaza and nobody sees anything wrong. I rep-eat i don't support terrorists and Islamics,  but Xtians should STOP this hypocrisy once and for all. the whole thing is sickening

The usual "christian" deception! Struggling so hard to find something to justify muslim violence. There have been no christian crusades for more than 500 years yet muslims are still murdering thousands every day!

I'm not defending or justifying muslim violence. Its WRONG! and i condem it in the strongest terms,  but xtians who have not sinned should cast the first stone at them. the stones cast at these islamists will no doubt be dripping thick of  the blood of innocent people killed in the past and also innocent palestininas and iraqi's killed everyday in front of all u blind xtians on this blog!!!!! Take Iraq as an example,  how>??// how? can ANYONE!!!!! justify america's invasion of Iraq ( which was with the full support of most American Evangelical Xtians!!!!!!!!)

Christianity which is supposed to be a religion of p-eace is responsible for all the rubbish that is going on in the middle east! Christian fundamentalists insisted on the Israeli state in the middle east after the 2nd world war without taking into consideration the palestinians who had been living there for thousands of years!!! Yes! Xtians who are supposed tpo be their brothrs keepers!

I'm a xtian but i am constantly apalled by the hypocrisy that exists in the xtian world today (in some cases its not hypocrisy but ignorance which is worse) We xtians are SUPPOSED to be the light of this world. We're not supposed to  be competing with the muslims in bringing darkness and sorrow into it,  We seem to be ahead on darkeness point however,

I'm typing this out in a great hurry because im about to leave work,  hopefully i'll find some time to explain to Barry and David (because im sure theyr inherently good,  just ignorant and misguided alas!, ) how terribly bigoted they sound . Remeber most xtians in the West approved of the slave trade and tried to prove by quoting the bible out of context that your fore-fathers were sub-human!

Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jun 14, 2007
Simmy please correct your technical error above then we can pick at your lies and misconceptions. Please do so quickly, the amount of revisionist history, lies, manipulation of facts and sacrificing of truth at the altar of denial in your riposte is just too much to ignore.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Some Of Us Born To Give More Love Than We Get – Pastor Fatoyinbo / Where Do Black People Come From According To Christianity ? / Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.