Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,123 members, 7,887,246 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:12 AM

Dating A Nigerian Guy In China - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Dating A Nigerian Guy In China (11420 Views)

Nigerian guy in love with Polish lady / Chinese Men's Marriages To African Women Causes Controversy In China / Tips On Dating A Nigerian Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy In China by Jesqueen(f): 10:48am On May 28, 2007
Cyclone5:

Not at all. Each person is different and unique. There are always some who want to hark back to olden times values but that is not the majority. There are plenty of capable and successful Nigerian women who are very much in demand.

Respect is what we place a premium on, not submissiveness.

yea i understand what u mean by that, but as far as i kn,the nigerian frnds i have are all like that~
they always think women n men should not stand in the same line,that really pissed me off
Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy In China by Cyclone5(m): 10:52am On May 28, 2007
Sounds like they are insecure and finding extreme ways to adjust and fit in. Not really a good trait to export. They need to be slapped upside their heads. angry
Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy In China by Jesqueen(f): 10:56am On May 28, 2007
Cyclone5:

.They need to be slapped upside their heads. angry

Hell yea angry angry angry
actually what do the nigerian guys want from their ladies?
Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy In China by sisimose(f): 1:26pm On May 28, 2007
abeg all these people with our Nigerian men sef. are you planning to marry him? i bet you won't marry him, let it be, enjoy it while it last . it may work and it may not, nothing to do with him being Nigerian
Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy In China by Jesqueen(f): 1:31pm On May 28, 2007
sisimose:

. are you planning to marry him? i bet you won't marry him

why r u so sure that i won't marry him?
Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy In China by Jesqueen(f): 2:02pm On May 28, 2007
it's kinda weird here,it seems that nigerian ladies dont like their country men to date a foreign girl,thatz really, well, how to put it---funny i think
Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy In China by adeboo(f): 2:09pm On May 28, 2007
Well girl, there are up and down sides to all relationships. I am sure i have heard some bad things about Chinese guys too. Sit down and think about the relationship , does he treat you right?

Is he good to you?
Whether he is Black, White, checked or grey - if he is gonna be bad, he will be.

So think about how he treats ya - we cant comment on him, you should know him better after being with him in the same house for like two years.
So girl, just live each day as it comes, pray that God's will be done in ur lives and let the future decide itself.
Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy In China by Jesqueen(f): 2:14pm On May 28, 2007
adeboo:

Well girl, there are up and down sides to all relationships. I am sure i have heard some bad things about Chinese guys too. Sit down and think about the relationship , does he treat you right?

Is he good to you?
Whether he is Black, White, checked or grey - if he is going to be bad, he will be.

So think about how he treats ya - we can't comment on him, you should know him better after being with him in the same house for like two years.
So girl, just live each day as it comes, pray that God's will be done in your lives and let the future decide itself.

Thax for sharing~
i wanna kn sth,,if a guy take his gf back after the girl cheated on him 2 or three times,,,,what would be the reason that the man take her back?
Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy In China by Nobody: 2:16pm On May 28, 2007
Jesqueen:

Thax for sharing~
i want to kn sth,,if a guy take his girlfriend back after the girl cheated on him 2 or three times,,,,what would be the reason that the man take her back?

if she's good in bed, does everything he wants and he still needs her around to have sex with and as a domestic housewife then sure he'll have her back. Such a guy will never make a long term commitment to you.
Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy In China by Jesqueen(f): 2:26pm On May 28, 2007
davidylan:

if she's good in bed, does everything he wants and he still needs her around to have sex with and as a domestic housewife then sure he'll have her back. Such a guy will never make a long term commitment to you.

haha dont get me wrong, the question i just posted abt "the bf take his gf back"wasnt abt me~for a gf of mine
thax 4ur opinion
Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy In China by adeboo(f): 2:31pm On May 28, 2007
Thats true Davidylan.
Nija men value their respect so much and they would kill anyone that touched their women but when a Nija man takes you back after you cheated numerous times with him- then know that he wants you for a reason an dit aint love.

You probably have something of his or he wants revenge.
Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy In China by Jesqueen(f): 4:29pm On May 28, 2007
keep on posting plzzzz
Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy In China by Nobody: 4:43pm On May 28, 2007
spoken to your boyfriend yet? What does he do? Is he open to you as regards his family, business, friends?
Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy In China by Jesqueen(f): 5:43pm On May 28, 2007
davidylan:

spoken to your boyfriend yet? What does he do? Is he open to you as regards his family, business, friends?

hmmmm not yet, he's been busy today,
he's a business man for trading , yea he told me abt his family n business,n sure he took me to his frnds' house n introduced me to his frnds~
thax 4caring lol i appreciate that
Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy In China by Nobody: 5:54pm On May 28, 2007
hmmmm get to talk to him soonest. He's a businessman and he's igbo. most igbo's i know wont marry foreigners, my igbo side of the family are very serious about that except for the few who are ambivalent having been exposed to a lot of western influence.
In the end you dont just want to end up used and dumped. you're just 22 and you have a long and rewarding life ahead of you. Let him know its time to move forward or stop seeing each other period. At 32 i'd long have been married not sitting around with a 22 yr old with no hope of a commitment any time soon.

Get your life together, at 20 you shouldnt have been living with a man in the first place but things happen.
Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy In China by Jesqueen(f): 5:58pm On May 28, 2007
davidylan:

hmmmm get to talk to him soonest. He's a businessman and he's igbo. most igbo's i know wont marry foreigners, my igbo side of the family are very serious about that except for the few who are ambivalent having been exposed to a lot of western influence.
On this,he's not a traditional igbo guy,he travelled to many countries to do his family business since he was my age.

Get your life together, at 20 you shouldnt have been living with a man in the first place but things happen.
Nah im not living with him~we dont live together
Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy In China by Jesqueen(f): 6:00pm On May 28, 2007
On this,he's not a tradional igbo guy,he travelled to many countries to do his family business since he was my age
Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy In China by Nobody: 6:20pm On May 28, 2007
ah then things are not as complicated as ii thought then. Give it a shot, i guess you love him eh. Talk to him and let him know you're not pushing hi, but just want to know where you stand in his scheme of things.
Give him time to think things over BUT make sure you get a definite answer. Women can be easily sweet talked and decieved  wink

Wish you all the best and hopefully things work out between you and your fella. Good luck.

Now go do some good old thinking and talking before scammers start badgering you, i guess they've been doing so already. u're cute though.
Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy In China by Jesqueen(f): 6:33pm On May 28, 2007
davidylan:

ah then things are not as complicated as ii thought then. Give it a shot, i guess you love him eh. Talk to him and let him know you're not pushing hi, but just want to know where you stand in his scheme of things.
Give him time to think things over BUT make sure you get a definite answer. Women can be easily sweet talked and decieved  wink

Wish you all the best and hopefully things work out between you and your fella. Good luck.

Now go do some good old thinking and talking before scammers start badgering you, i guess they've been doing so already. u're cute though.

You are kind david,i will try to talk to him sooner,maybe tomorrow~thax a looootttttttt  wink
    im going to bed now, almost 2am up here~~
    i will write it down here when there is any progress between us
   Thax again wink
Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy In China by mazaje(m): 9:24pm On May 28, 2007
Hey girl go look for a better man and drop this 32 years old IGBO boyfriend of yours , i don't believe in stereotyping but the hand writing is already on the wall.
Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy In China by akinwunmi(m): 11:53pm On May 28, 2007
If everyone is not readin btw da lines, well i am.

@Jes
Your English is too pure for a Chinese lady and moreover how come u r on Nairaland n not Chinaland or Chinatown.Are you sure its not d other way round uh!!!!!!!!!!!.

Posted by: Jesqueen  
  it's kind of weird here,it seems that nigerian ladies don't like their [b]country men
to date a foreign girl,thatz really, well, how to put it---funny i think [/b]
u speak more like an Igbo gurl to mii.
How come this same topic is on DATING AND MEET UP ZONE

U BERRA LEAVE THT AKATA (CHINESE MAN) AND FIND BETTER 9JA GUY
Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy In China by omoge(f): 6:13pm On May 29, 2007
grin grin grin lol oh my goodness. now that is what i call NSS lol

you seems to have caught her lol and the way you write i LMHO rolling on the floor.
Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy In China by OgaMadam(f): 6:05pm On May 30, 2007
Leave him.

Although Igbo men rarely marry foreigners, at least these foreigners have to be african.

At your age, and from what you say, he is taking you for a ride.

He is probably married at that age, if he was younger ---- ok, , but he aint, and what does he mean "he doesnt make plans for many things"

OPEN YOUR EYES! HE is a business man.

move on gurl, your in china, you dont need that.
Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy In China by tanasha(f): 9:53pm On May 30, 2007
Ibgo guys tell me about those girl! This sounds like someone playing you big time,just leave his sorry ass and find someone else.He doesn`t love you and when an ibgo guy loves you ,you`ll never have any shadow of doubt in your mind.But one thing for sure, they like playing people and hurting people.Just move on girl and get yourself someone who loves you and appreciates you.

Just be careful of African men in general because they are all the same!

1 Like

Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy In China by dejia(m): 9:56pm On May 30, 2007
Jasqueen,
     Have u travelled out of China before? Where are you in China?.
I will advice after u response to these questions.
Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy In China by amrock: 10:01pm On May 30, 2007
Hi jesqueen,
Please i dont really think its a good idea coming here to ask questions about your boyfriend,why because we where not there when both of you met and moreover we donot  know the chap you are talking about.But something i do know is that you are supposed to be smart enough to know when someone really loves you or not,without any imput from a third party especially strangers like us in this forunm.Nigerian viz igbo guys are just like any other guys in the world so sister stop looking for what you are not supposed to look for.Imagine the chap is like anyother foreigner and take that decision you would want to base on the relationship with him and not on whatever idea you get here on igbos guys .take care
Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy In China by amrock: 10:08pm On May 30, 2007
Tanasha,
dont be a hater ok,who da hell do think u are to come here and start saying sh** about ibo guys or african men.I know people like u have never found true love thats why u wanna spoil every and anybody happiness.If u dont have any good advice for her i suggest you take valium and spend the rest of the week sleeping ok
Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy In China by omega25red(m): 12:05am On May 31, 2007
hey jesqueen

If no one asks i will How do your parents feel about you dating a foriegner and for that matter a non white and for that matter a black person and for that matter a nigerian? i just wanted to know because (Forgive my ignorance) i just don't see a chinese person dating a black man in china. Do you experience any racial harrasment ?
If so how or what do people say thats racist (quest to educate my self)

Take it from a MAN = i think you are wasting your time with that guy he is probably not ready for anything serious assuming that is what you are looking for. He probably has a wife in Nigeria already so just be careful with how much of your heart you put into this relationship. Besides you are 22 and you are moving to Canada you should be thinking of partying or maintaining your self while in college not getting married or getting tied down in a long term relationship with a guy who just wants to score with ya

P.S hope you didn't let him take naked pictures of you lots of people are probably beating off to it right now grin.
Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy In China by SEFAGO(m): 12:32am On May 31, 2007
Don't be silly omega25red. Asians are not in the white category they are yellow. In fact only western europeans are usually considered white.
Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy In China by temmyabby(f): 2:08am On May 31, 2007
i wonder when these people r so negative undecided , u just ve 2 understand u man beta, asking people 4 advice at this stage undecided well, 2 yrs and hes still a foreigner , do u suspect hes cheating or sumthing, might be the problem
Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy In China by cuteass1(f): 2:27am On May 31, 2007
SEFAGO:

Don't be silly omega25red. Asians are not in the white category they are yellow. In fact only western europeans are usually considered white.

Was that really necessary?? white , , , blue, , , red , , yellow, who cares??
Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy In China by BabyCakes(f): 4:41am On May 31, 2007
Like i said before, jesqueen, find a nice guy, and leave this guy! I have experience with Igbo men, and I am Nigerian, not a foriegner, and I ended up hurt ! how much more when you are not from the same country or race. Its sad, but some ( I repeat SOME) igbo men, do not like to marry outside their tribe and will only end up using and dumping you! Listen to words of wisdom, sister!! Work on building up strenght and independence as a woman! you are just 22, you still have a lot of time to enjoy your life as a single woman!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mother's Love Across Animal Culture. . . Nurture Is A Beautiful Thing. / History Told Us That Isiala Ngwa People Eat Humans, Is This True? / Pictures From Penis Festival, 2019.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.