Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,752 members, 7,969,206 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 10:19 PM

Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! (81821 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Ibime(m): 11:59am On Jan 10, 2011
Anderson has the first touch of a r@pist. I can't believe some nuccas are branding him creative.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by ritchboy(m): 3:22pm On Jan 10, 2011
Anderson has the first touch of a r@pist. I can't believe some nuccas are branding him creative.

grin grin grin

But Anderson @ Porto was super creative. . . They must have put something in his water.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 4:52pm On Jan 10, 2011
Anderson is one of those players who either players very very well or is woeful. There seems to be no middle ground with his performances.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Ibime(m): 5:10pm On Jan 10, 2011
Anderson was not brilliant in Porto, more like basking in the potential of his Gremio hype. He barely played half a season there, after which a knee injury knocked him out. According to Tim Vickery, the knee injury took some of his acceleration away and he'll never be the same again.

I would say though - the niggas who marketed him as the new Ronaldinho pulled off one of the most daring con tricks in footballing history - the biggest con trick since Nii Odartey Lamptey and Haruna Babangida were rated the best "youngsters" since sliced suya.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by debosky(m): 5:22pm On Jan 10, 2011
Haruna Babangida has more skill than Ronaldo. tongue grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by dayokanu(m): 6:09pm On Jan 10, 2011
Ibime:

I would say though - the niggas who marketed him as the new Ronaldinho pulled off one of the most daring con tricks in footballing history - the biggest con trick since Nii Odartey Lamptey and Haruna Babangida were rated the best "youngsters" since sliced suya.

Sharap. Nii Odartey Lamptey's Bicycle kick aka Shagalo In Italy 1991 quarter finals vs Brazil is still one of the best goals ever

Do you want to try Harunas records at La Masia
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by mbulela: 7:29pm On Jan 10, 2011
As a united fan i have never understood the hype about Anderson.
What he has going for him is energy and pretty little else.
He has an eye for a pass but his over enthusiasm often lets him down (a bit like Stevie Me).
He is not and has never been creative enough to be called an attacking midfielder.
He is not a defensive midfielder (at least no one has tried to brand him that to my hearing),
So what is he?
He is so one legged it is irritating.
With a gun to his head, he would never try to kick a ball with his right leg.
so that restricts his range of movement and play.
His shooting is erratic.
His dribbling is average.
Have i missed anything else?
although he is better than Gibson, in my opinion.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by mbulela: 7:39pm On Jan 10, 2011
our midfield needs a serious surgery.
If we are hoping on the likes of Anderson and Gibson, then i am seriously worried.
the personnel at present is way too average to serve as vital ingredients for the future.

One buy i think Fergie will make in the summer is a proven central defender who can be an able back up for Rio and Nemanja and also back up for Rafael
Then Smalling will go on loan and Johny will be 4th choice.

Kusckak is in the window and i think he will be gone in the summer.
A proven keeper will replace Van Der Saar and this Anders guy will be no. 2.
Welbeck and Cleverly will return next season, Owen will retire or go con some millions off a mid table team.

That midfield still needs a clear out and a massive restructuring.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by tkb417(m): 11:45pm On Jan 10, 2011
If Anderson is not creative, then Chelsea FC do not have a creative midfielder!

Gbam!!!

Messi as the WPOTY?
*smh*
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Emperoh(m): 1:08am On Jan 11, 2011
^^^^

U dey compare us with Chelsea?
We don't have the same style of play and we have always sought to be the pace setters.
They shouldn't be the yardstick to measure our midfield!!

Woulda been glad if Iniesta nicked it. . . i expected the WC exploits to count much more than their club thing. But then. . . .they have other ideas!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Ibime(m): 1:32am On Jan 11, 2011
The only Chelsea midfielder Anderson can compare with is Mikel and Ramires. Shoe get size abeg
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 9:25am On Jan 11, 2011
Anderson big advantage is that at the moment he is the only midfielder we have who can carry the ball forward with some pace and energy. The rest of our midfielders dont.

I agree that the midfield does need some surgery but i dont think its major surgery. We just need a player with a good turn of pace who is creative in the middle. Best example I can see is Luka Modric.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by codedguy1(m): 10:47am On Jan 11, 2011
Anderson is a destroyer, i like the energy he brings in distrupting the opponents play and that for me has a great advantage in a team.

If he continues to destroy the opponents play and gives the ball to a creative midfielder(which i feel we need) who then creates, then I WANT ANDERSON IN MY TEAM.

Anderson has been impressive this last few week and it depends on the gaffer to know which match his style of game fits to be able to get the best outta him.

@ Mbulela

Are u saying Anderson is that bad and does not bring much to the team. He may have a specific function in the team and if he does that excellently well then others should also perform to the best of their ability.

Its a team sport and as such different talents and functions for different positions, apart from fletcher in his element, who is a better destroyer?

Cut Anderson some slack abeg.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by tkb417(m): 12:32pm On Jan 11, 2011
Ibime
Spursss ohhh

Fear fear!

We must survive.
Heard VDS is out! Chei!

If our regular backfour can start, we have a chance, Anderson in d middle and Rooney+Berba upfront.

Nani must deliver oh. Lol
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 12:47pm On Jan 11, 2011
Its a huge game. And considering our less than impressive away record probably our toughtest game coming up. I do think Baba will go 4-3-3 though.

Rooney,Berba,Nani with Anderson,Carrick and Fletcher in the middle and usual back 4 with the Pole in Goal.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by tkb417(m): 6:34pm On Jan 11, 2011
@TA
How can a formation with Rooney and Berba be 4-3-3?

That formation will be more of a 4-4-2 with one of those midfielders operating from LW

Don't care about d formation tho, a win would send shivers down d spine of others!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by mbulela: 7:00pm On Jan 11, 2011
anderson, destroyer
is that a joke?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by ritchboy(m): 8:31pm On Jan 11, 2011
^^ Anderson is a saboteur cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 8:53pm On Jan 11, 2011
tkb417:

@TA
How can a formation with Rooney and Berba be 4-3-3?

That formation will be more of a 4-4-2 with one of those midfielders operating from LW

Don't care about d formation tho, a win would send shivers down d spine of others!
Very easily. With Rooney Operating from the left and Nani from the right and Berba down the middle.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 12:22pm On Jan 14, 2011
Its so dead in here

Anyways, Tomasz wants to be the number when VDS retires in the summer or he'll leave the club.

So that means bye Tomasz. tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by chamotex(m): 1:21pm On Jan 14, 2011
Mr_TA:

Its so dead in here

Simple, because we have nothing to worry about.
Our minds are peaceful and at ease compared to the 'you know whos' grin grin grin grin

Mr_TA:

Anyways, Tomasz wants to be the number when VDS retires in the summer or he'll leave the club.

So that means bye Tomasz. tongue

He must be mad.
He isn't a bad goalie tho . . . I'd say he's actually deputised really well for VDS and I cant even remember on the top of my head any major blunder he'd committed in recent years.

But I still think he's better as a number 2.

BAd NEws:
O'Shea played for the reserves days ago . . . that nucca should break a leg mehn. I was hoping he'd be out for the rest of the season.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by presido1: 5:18pm On Jan 14, 2011
chamotex:

Our minds are peaceful and at ease compared to the 'you know whos' grin grin grin grin
You mean!!!! anyway to avoid wahala let me keep lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed tongue tongue tongue

BAd NEws: O'Shea played for the reserves days ago . . . that nucca should break a leg mehn. I was hoping he'd be out for the rest of the season.
He will have a set back no worry. I have his names engraved in TB Josh temple. He will request for transfer to Ass-anal this summer. cool cool cool
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by debosky(m): 6:26pm On Jan 14, 2011
chamotex:

We have a semi-final second leg to worry about - sounds like a good thing to me unlike some folk who got Atikued by West Yam a few weeks ago. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by codedguy1(m): 9:35pm On Jan 14, 2011
@ Dobo,
shut up and go back to ur miserable thread and argue about what went wrong when a team 36 places below u guys just fingered le' prof and his boys in d a,ss.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by debosky(m): 9:36pm On Jan 15, 2011
^^ Sharrap there. As long as we qualify for the finals, it doesn't matter. tongue

We just showed how West Ham should be defeated. . . .tell your boys to watch the tape to prevent another 4-0 butt expansion in the future. tongue grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 4:30pm On Jan 16, 2011
VDS, Rafael, Rio, Vidic, Evra, Carrick, Fletcher, Giggs, Nani, Rooney, Berba
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by HNIC(m): 7:08pm On Jan 16, 2011
Lucky Escape!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 7:10pm On Jan 16, 2011
Well that was a very frustrating watch. I've never noticed our final ball to be so poor before.Really disappointed with that.

Rafael only has himself to blame for that red.  He's such a good player but he really needs to get his head right. We really miss Park and Valencia right now. On a day when Nani and Giggs are poor it would have been good to have the option.

Oh well. 1 point away to spurs is nothing to sniff at. So good to know we have the best defendes in the country though. Vidivc and Ferdinand so Beastly.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 7:12pm On Jan 16, 2011
HNIC:

Lucky Escape!

I agree, spurs were really lucky today. even with 10 men, they could have lost. and they didnt even cause or keepers any problems.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by HNIC(m): 7:16pm On Jan 16, 2011
Mr_TA:

I agree, spurs were really lucky today. even with 10 men, they could have lost. and they didnt even cause or keepers any problems.
Naah
The Spuddies were not sharp today at all
VDV,Crouchie,Defoe etc were poor.
On another day, it woulda been a different story
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by montelik(m): 7:17pm On Jan 16, 2011
Mr_TA:

Well that was a very frustrating watch. I've never noticed our final ball to be so poor before.Really disappointed with that.

Rafael only has himself to blame for that red.  He's such a good player but he really needs to get his head right. We really miss Park and Valencia right now. On a day when Nani and Giggs are poor it would have been good to have the option.

Oh well. 1 point away to spurs is nothing to sniff at. So good to know we have the best defendes in the country though. Vidivc and Ferdinand so Beastly.

Can't agree. May he was rash with d 1st yellow. But d 2nd yellow was a joke. Ekotto ran across him, he never even tried to make a challenge. In fact he was trying to get out of the way. It was a foul but not a yellow card offense at all.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 7:20pm On Jan 16, 2011
montelik:

Can't agree. May he was rash with d 1st yellow. But d 2nd yellow was a joke. Ekotto ran across him, he never even tried to make a challenge. In fact he was trying to get out of the way. It was a foul but not a yellow card offense at all.

I agree with that, but when you make a rash challenge for the first like he did, you make yourself a target for any ref. So i think he is more to blame for the red that not even though i thought it was a harsh 2nd yellow.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (100)

Manchester City Vs Real Madrid : UCL (4 - 3) On 26th April 2022 / Manchester United Vs Chelsea (4 - 0) On 11th August 2019 / Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 10th September 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.