Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,750 members, 7,875,884 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:35 AM

Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? (28103 Views)

Have You Ever Married Someone Against Your Parents Wish? / If A Girl Or Lady Toasts You, Will You Accept? / What's Your Definition Of A Broke Guy Or Lady? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Mar 04, 2020
Michellekabod2:
my parents have always insisted we marry our fellow Igbos yet only Yoruba guys come for me

Lol my gf is igbo, her mum would prefer igbo, but the dad likes me, she has no choice sha

1 Like

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Mar 04, 2020
MadeINchenzen2:
perhaps it could be reasons honed from love... perhaps it could be reasons that has to do with his or her money.

what will you do if your parents refuses to give you their consent or permission to go on and marry that guy or lady?

Will they follow me to tie the knot on the altar? Na me and my fiancee go say "for better and for worse," biko grin
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by Bakrabas: 2:40pm On Mar 04, 2020
But guys wait ooo... What about the parents that consult the soothsayers or fake pastors and Alfas and they came back with the result that you cannot marry that guy or babe...?
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by AmeLonRo(m): 2:40pm On Mar 04, 2020
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by bluefilm: 2:41pm On Mar 04, 2020
Before nko?

But the bitch must worth it.
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by CAPSLOCKED: 2:43pm On Mar 04, 2020
Akhagbenidestin:
AN ELDER CAN SEE WHILE SITTING, A YOUNG MAN WILL NEVER SEE EVEN WHEN HE CLIMBS A MOUNTAIN". it has happened to me brother

THE ELDER DIES AND LEAVES YOU TO LIVE THE REST OF YOUR LIFE ACCORDING TO A DEAD MAN'S PLAN FOR YOU. ENJOY.

Akhagbenidestin:
parents are always right

PARENTS ARE JUST AS FOOLISH AS EVERYONE ELSE, MATE, DON'T GET IT TWISTED.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by Bakrabas: 2:43pm On Mar 04, 2020
But what about the parents that like consulting soothsayers, fake pastors and Alfas and they gave them the fake vision that you cannot marry that babe or guy and he or she is the woman of your life.
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by chidex28: 2:48pm On Mar 04, 2020
Michellekabod2:
my parents have always insisted we marry our fellow Igbos yet only Yoruba guys come for me
U mean no igbo guy has cum for you before?
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by mechanics(m): 2:48pm On Mar 04, 2020
I will think twice o.
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by Omar09(m): 2:59pm On Mar 04, 2020
Munzy14:

How can he go ahead to marry another man's problem?
single mom is a no no, unless a man is ready to accept his faith.

No matter what, seeing her kids, reminds her what went through in the first marriage or her mistakes..

This is what we have been preaching.
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by blackboy(m): 3:00pm On Mar 04, 2020
Do it at your own risk
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by corjiakor(m): 3:01pm On Mar 04, 2020
It is suicide to marry against your parents wish if you are a man, it always ends in regrets.

Neroiam:
Your wish should be thiers' also... No be dem go stay with the woman.
They can advise but the decision is solely yours to make.
This is 21st century... Nobody dey marry for person nowadays
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by corjiakor(m): 3:03pm On Mar 04, 2020
Convince them to support you, give them reason why you are right.

If you can't convince your parents, obey them.

Bakrabas:
But what about the parents that like consulting soothsayers, fake pastors and Alfas and they gave them the fake vision that you cannot marry that babe or guy and he or she is the woman of your life.
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by kevotek1000(m): 3:12pm On Mar 04, 2020
I go for what I want in regardless what people says, be it my parent or not, I can tend to take their advice or not.... A man is not a man if I can't stand for what he believes. The choice and sole decision is mine....
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by mo4ti(m): 3:19pm On Mar 04, 2020
Michellekabod2:

i am igbo and ready to settle down, lets talk
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by Dreyton36: 3:21pm On Mar 04, 2020
djon78:

Sometimes one can't go against the parents wishes. It happened to my sister. A lawyer guy was coming for her, she was crazy in love but my dad no one use ear hear am. My sister na medical doctor.
The guy tried but no way. My sister finally cut off from the guy. I thought she will go crazy.

Finally she married a guy my dad fully accepted. And she is having a good marriage with this present guy. In fact the guy has been supporting and encouraging her to reach her highest dream and ambition which not all men will do.

Parents do have a great say because what we modern people call love is very fickle, doesn't last. It takes more than love to make marriage work. So parents understand these things.
you don't get it , I'm willing and able to make all her dreams come true , it isn't all about just sex , were just a perfect match, but it's what it is
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by Wisdom4564: 3:45pm On Mar 04, 2020
see blew
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by JERRY1925(m): 3:45pm On Mar 04, 2020
eedimo:
Why do poeple even get married?

I swear, i wonder.
Why all the fuss.
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by skimasks(m): 3:56pm On Mar 04, 2020
darlenese:
As a woman I married against my mother's wish , she wanted someone rich and well to do, I brought a man with a 5 digit salary ,
The first time she saw him, he was a penniless corper the moment she saw him she said I should end whatever I have with him that she doesn't like him, I ignored her and brought him again a year later after he got a bank job (with small salary )
long story short , We got married amidst many gossip about the bad choice of man I married , every one thought I would suffer ,my siblings visits me with food in their bags, cos they felt I cant afford to give them meals from my pot, it was that bad.
I'm thankful to God for Today , I made the right choice, my mum was just being greedy , she claimed her blood did not rhyme with him, holy crap, just because he wasn't rich.

Today we are proud owners of properties , businesses , our kids attend good schools, I won't say we are rich , but we are very comfortable .
I wish my mum and dad were still alive .

please it's not all the time an elder sees the top of an iroko tree clearly while sitting down abeg
, sometimes greed can make them see otherwise

Am kinda facing same problem, am 5.8 and my girlfriend is like 5.5. My parents case is that we are both short that our kids will be short. Another reason is that she is from mbaise . They don't even know her like I do.
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by Neddyogu(m): 4:02pm On Mar 04, 2020
If u want to marry, and ur parents disapprove of ur choice (with valid reason o), Run! E get why.....
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by teemotee: 4:05pm On Mar 04, 2020
as a lady it may backfire on you later. your parents won't be there for you if that marriage fails. if you don't marry a particular person it is not the end of the world
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by Samfloxin(m): 4:07pm On Mar 04, 2020
Michellekabod2:
No,I don't put importance on that.

Go after guys? You mean my spec or who I go heed over heels for? If you meant the former,they are simple: dark,tall,atheist/theist,any tribe or race,smart,introvert etc
Atheist? Azi gbu kwa gi
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by clemmonce(m): 4:08pm On Mar 04, 2020
Omar09:
I will listen to my parents especially my mom if she has a valid reason that has nothing to do with Tribalism.

My uncle when he wanted to get married brought home a woman who was very beautiful, but his mom refused saying she's a single mom with kids tho his mom was just seeing the woman for the first time. Long story short, my uncle went ahead with the marriage and today....! He is wrecked! By the same woman his mom warned him about. He's mom's late (rest her soul). Now my uncle just found out this year that his wife had five kids for the first husband.

Now tell me why I shouldn't listen to my parents?
What you wrote makes absolute sense. Most especially my mum, if she say No, there is must be a reason. Apart from tribalism issue. If my parents say NO....... That is the end oooo
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by Liposure: 4:20pm On Mar 04, 2020
The truth is Parents make decisions base on their past experiences 4getting dat time has evolve. Things hav change. What obtains b4 cannot obtain now

1 Like

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by Christian07(m): 4:20pm On Mar 04, 2020
Yes as far as say er pman na like otedola

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Mar 04, 2020
Yes, after weighing my options.

I've realized that parents and elders have flawed reasoning at times. They are sentimental and most times allow it to becloud their sense of reasoning.

If you look around, most of the people promoting tribalism and racism are these old folks. And they are so dramatic that they could kill you if you don't agree with their opinion. Sometimes, I do think that killing was not a crime in their time.

I make my decisions and live with whatever consequence it brings. At least I don't have to blame anybody. Highest I'll be crying had I known.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by Liposure: 4:32pm On Mar 04, 2020
Nooil:
Yes, after weighing my options.

I've realized that parents and elders have flawed reasoning at times. They are sentimental and most times allow it to becloud their sense of reasoning.

If you look around most of the people promoting tribalism and racism are these old folks. And they are so dramatic that they could kill you if you don't agree with their opinion. Sometimes, I do think that killing was not a crime in their time.

I make my decision and live with whatever consequences it brings. At least I don't have to blame anybody. Highest I'll be crying had I known.
d older folks are living in d past which is Y u hav 2 be careful. All dis Old beliefs are outdated
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by Karleb(m): 4:32pm On Mar 04, 2020
Yup!

Against my Dad's wish actually. My mum always has my side.
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by Liposure: 4:37pm On Mar 04, 2020
teemotee:
as a lady it may backfire on you later. your parents won't be there for you if that marriage fails. if you don't marry a particular person it is not the end of the world
not in all cases
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by vickydevoka(m): 4:58pm On Mar 04, 2020
okonyia:
First of all listing to your parents reason. Then think about it, if is not going to be easy, especially, when you guys are in love and understand each other. Parents can be wrong, but at most they are 7o% correct. But if their reason is because of class, I mean, your parents are rich and her parents is not, or her parents is rich and yours aren't and don't want you to associate with the rich girl. You maybe disagree with them. L
Take time to ask your parents their reasons and also tell them more about your partner. I think you will come to terms
My guy most parents of the gals usually disagree wen day guy is poor. Or a teacher.
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by vickydevoka(m): 5:00pm On Mar 04, 2020
okonyia:
First of all listing to your parents reason. Then think about it, if is not going to be easy, especially, when you guys are in love and understand each other. Parents can be wrong, but at most they are 7o% correct. But if their reason is because of class, I mean, your parents are rich and her parents is not, or her parents is rich and yours aren't and don't want you to associate with the rich girl. You maybe disagree with them. L
Take time to ask your parents their reasons and also tell them more about your partner. I think you will come to terms
My guy most parents of the gals usually disagree wen day guy is poor. Or a teacher.
Imagine my neighbor whose husband is currently doing nothing is adviain a single lady not to marry a teacher. Ugly gals can knw the value of beautiful gals. I don't know y
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by kcaller: 5:00pm On Mar 04, 2020
My Girlfriend’s dad said she should quit the relationship because we are both AS..... I told him we’ve made a decision to run IVF... He also went to meet his personal doctor to confirm and he was told since we want to run IVF, we should be allowed to continue

The man later said, IGBO person did him bad long time ago, so none of his children will either marry or get married to an IGBO person( I just de laugh).....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Woman Flees As Boyfriend Drowns In Hotel / I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend / What Is It With Ebira Gals?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.