Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,847 members, 7,872,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:28 PM

Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate (7713 Views)

Dino Melaye Challenges Jonathan & Buhari To Liver Test As Tweeters React / Nigerian Military Have Delivered On Security Challenges –jonathan / 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by Nobody: 1:19am On Dec 28, 2010
Eziachi:

I am sure you will still have a ready made excuse to avoid a debate with other presidential candidates when the time comes, probably you will want Jonathan to debate with ECOWAS leaders after the main election. The debate Obama, Clinton and present VP had before the election was because they were senseless morons over there in America?

LOL

I like it when folks are grown up about stuff, except I am wrong Eziachi is a Jonathan supporter, but he also recognises that Nigeria's future needs this debate. Not everything should be about political expediency folks.

Just like you said I will not be suprised to hear them tell us Jonathan will rather debate with the ECOWAS heads thats why the general election debate is not necessary.
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by Kobojunkie: 1:24am On Dec 28, 2010
Eziachi:

I am sure you will still have a ready made excuse to avoid a debate with other presidential candidates when the time comes, probably you will want Jonathan to debate with ECOWAS leaders after the main election. The debate Obama, Clinton and present VP had before the election was because they were senseless morons over there in America?

ROFLMAO!!! The age old Nigerian "throw some other group under the bus to make some moot point" tactic , . . clap for yourself! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by Faeb: 1:32am On Dec 28, 2010
byrron:

@beaf: i asked u a simple question which u said nothing abt. Nigeria has an extradiction pact with USA, y vnt they dim it fit to extradite Atiku bck to the states to face the charges which u claimed his bin found wanting by the American senate according to u. Pls oblige me on this using your terms.

You have answered your question with the bolded. What  are the details of the extradition pact with the US? What are the conditions of extradition?
It isn't enough to mouth that there is a treaty.

In all this, one fact remains, Atiku was indicted by the Senate of the United States for lifting [size=14pt]our 40 billion.[/size]
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by aljharem11(m): 1:48am On Dec 28, 2010
Faeb:

You have answered your question with the bolded. What  are the details of the extradition pact with the US? What are the conditions of extradition?
It isn't enough to mouth that there is a treaty.

In all this, one fact remains, Atiku was indicted by the Senate of the United States for lifting [size=14pt]our 40 billion.[/size]

beaf why do you support jonathan like this undecided

pls give me a reason so i can do the same
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by Faeb: 2:06am On Dec 28, 2010
alj harem1:

pls give me a reason so i can do the same

Look at the problems in the ND, then count the 10 million almajiri's around you and you will realise that it is time for a permanent shift of power from the evil gangs that have held Nigeria backward, Atiku, Ciroma and co are just the arrowheads. That gang of bats and the ra'pe they represent must be broken.

Some of us are fanatical about creating a progressive country where every person can strive for fulfilment, where there is equity and hunger is banished; where all kids get an education and there are no more almajiri's; where govt is listening and responds to the aspirations of the people; where there is freedom of speech, equality of the sexes and human rights are guaranteed; where the state has an ideology that the people can key into; where all religions are tolerant of the other; where there is true representation of the citizen at every level. . . and we will succeed. cool

We have taken the first steps to creating a modern, sophisticated society.
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by aljharem11(m): 2:39am On Dec 28, 2010
Faeb:

Look at the problems in the ND, then count the 10 million almajiri's around you and you will realise that it is time for a permanent shift of power from the evil gangs that have held Nigeria backward, Atiku, Ciroma and co are just the arrowheads. That gang of bats and the ra'pe they represent must be broken.

Some of us are fanatical about creating a progressive country where every person can strive for fulfilment, where there is equity and hunger is banished; where all kids get an education and there are no more almajiri's; where govt is listening and responds to the aspirations of the people; where there is freedom of speech, equality of the sexes and human rights are guaranteed; where the state has an ideology that the people can key into; where all religions are tolerant of the other; where there is true representation of the citizen at every level. . . and we will succeed. cool

beaf and you think gej will do that undecided

beaf it is not atiku and co that have been destroying this country but people that are greed, people that love just themselves and there friends that are destroying this country

beaf, look, Gej, tinubu, atiku, and co are just thieves whether they are northerners, yorubas, ACN, PDP, etc they are still the same set of thieves ruling this country day in day out

beaf, ACN, GEJ, ATIKU, PDP are all the same
can't we all vote for ribadu or buhari or pat utomi undecided undecided  do you not want something new and different undecided

GEJ has been there for 11 mnths, what has he achieved apart from his wife been caught with millions of dollars in saudi arabia using this nigerian money to buy Gold for herself when this money can be used in this same NIGERDELTA they are from to build schools, road, create jobs etc,,,she think GOLD is more important than this things

beaf pls give me a very good reason why GEJ should be president undecided
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by aljharem11(m): 2:50am On Dec 28, 2010
beaf come back here and tell me why
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by nduchucks: 3:18am On Dec 28, 2010
alj harem1:

beaf come back here and tell me why

dan uwa na, Beaf will not agree with you because your equation leaves GEJ out in the cold. Beaf is incapable of comprehending the realities you pointed out.
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by Faeb: 3:24am On Dec 28, 2010
ndu_chucks:

dan uwa na, Beaf will not agree with you because your equation leaves GEJ out in the cold. Beaf is incapable of comprehending the realities you pointed out.

What equation? Alj Harem is the Norths equivalent of becomerich, what does he know about equations when he most likely can't count his toes?
Next thing, you'll be quoting becomerich. I don't even know what to say, was your post out of frantic desperation to say something or what?
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by aljharem11(m): 3:29am On Dec 28, 2010
Faeb:

What equation? Alj Harem is the Norths equivalent of becomerich, what does he know about equations when he most likely can't count his toes?
Next thing, you'll be quoting becomerich. I don't even know what to say, was your post out of frantic desperation to say something or what?

and is that the answer to the question posted above

ok i would give it to you again
alj harem1:

beaf and you think gej will do that undecided

beaf it is not atiku and co that have been destroying this country but people that are greed, people that love just themselves and there friends that are destroying this country

beaf, look, Gej, tinubu, atiku, and co are just thieves whether they are northerners, yorubas, ACN, PDP, etc they are still the same set of thieves ruling this country day in day out

beaf, ACN, GEJ, ATIKU, PDP are all the same
can't we all vote for ribadu or buhari or pat utomi undecided undecided  do you not want something new and different undecided

GEJ has been there for 11 mnths, what has he achieved apart from his wife been caught with millions of dollars in saudi arabia using this nigerian money to buy Gold for herself when this money can be used in this same NIGERDELTA they are from to build schools, road, create jobs etc,,,she think GOLD is more important than this things

beaf pls give me a very good reason why GEJ should be president undecided 

pls answer the question without being undecided silly
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by Faeb: 3:39am On Dec 28, 2010
^
Shut up and learn to count your toes first. What you wrote is hardly a question, its more a biased statement from a cow brain.
When you have learnt to count your toes, you will have a better appreciation of logic. I replied you the first time out of mere courtesy, so please don't push it. I really will not debate a donkey.

I will advice you to drink milk, take honey, fish oil and some vitamins. These things will improve your IQ.
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by akwaowoudo(m): 7:22am On Dec 28, 2010
Topic of debate _ i pay my American lecturers millions of dollar.
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by ekubear1: 8:06am On Dec 28, 2010
Beaf:

Some of us are fanatical about creating a progressive country where every person can strive for fulfilment, where there is equity and hunger is banished; where all kids get an education and there are no more almajiri's; where govt is listening and responds to the aspirations of the people; where there is freedom of speech, equality of the sexes and human rights are guaranteed; where the state has an ideology that the people can key into; where all religions are tolerant of the other; where there is true representation of the citizen at every level. . . and we will succeed.

All of these things you say sound amazing. But how/why is GEJ the man capable of delivering these things, when it appears that he is afraid to even deliver a quality debate of ideas with Atiku?

Can you give an example of such success ever happening under what is probably a weak leader in GEJ who seems of average intelligence and has a limited ability to express his ideas (or even ideas prepared by his advisors)?

I feel that corrupt leaders are very dangerous to Nigerian society, but one can argue that an incompetent leader is even more so.

If GEJ is what he claims to be, then he has no reason to run away from debating Atiku. Obama embraced debates as a way to convince the voting public of the quality of his ideas. If GEJ has quality ideas too, he would jump at the chance to communicate them to the masses. Otoh, if he knows that his candidacy is more fluff/glamour than substance, then he would be taking exactly the actions he is taking now.

This is the major reason why I'm a a bit concerned by his actions. Maybe GEJ is less Obama and more the Wizard of Oz. . .all show, no substance. Let him enter the debate and demonstrate that this is not true.
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by Yorubah(m): 8:07am On Dec 28, 2010
Atiku is going no where, has he quickly forgotten all he said when he was in AC that nothing good comes from any member of PDP and how he's seeking a ticket from PDP, GOD purnishh u
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by ADint(m): 8:28am On Dec 28, 2010
Eziachi:

I believe Jonathan will debate when the time is right - after the primaries with other presidential aspirants from other political parties! President Obama will most likely NOT debate any one from the Democratic party in 2012 to get the party's ticket! Gordon Brown, Tony Blair, George Bush as incumbents did not debate anyone from their political parties to carry on as the flag bearers of their parties. Someone mentioned Gbenga Daniels trying to organise a debate for the current aspirants for Governorship, he himself wont have engaged in any debate within his party when he was vying for a  second term in 2007!

If Yaradua was still alive today would Atiku or anyone else in the PDP be challenging him to a debate regarding the forthcoming PDP primaries?
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by HamidO1(m): 8:55am On Dec 28, 2010
Faeb:

The gang they represent is PDP mind you. You think a man like GEJ has the balls to fight the corrupt tendencies of PDP. Tell me the way forward then if PDP still rules.
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by revolt(m): 9:10am On Dec 28, 2010
Son many dumb sentimental posts. Even before s.u.g elections in school there were debates.so wonder y an incumbent that was never elected shouldn't debate. A lecturer should be so glad to floor atiku but no mediocre gej is back peddaling.
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by pingpong1: 10:48am On Dec 28, 2010
Ph.D my foot.
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by chizillar(m): 10:55am On Dec 28, 2010
[size=26pt]A Claimed saint working with heavy corrupt individual around him but couldn't muster the courage to speak. If his government continues, Nigeria will run dry in few years and external oil reserve will plummet badly. This thieves are campagning seriusly for him to continue. [/size]
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 28, 2010
eku_bear:

All of these things you say sound amazing. But how/why is GEJ the man capable of delivering these things, when it appears that he is afraid to even deliver a quality debate of ideas with Atiku?

Can you give an example of such success ever happening under what is probably a weak leader in GEJ who seems of average intelligence and has a limited ability to express his ideas (or even ideas prepared by his advisors)?

I feel that corrupt leaders are very dangerous to Nigerian society, but one can argue that an incompetent leader is even more so.

If GEJ is what he claims to be, then he has no reason to run away from debating Atiku. Obama embraced debates as a way to convince the voting public of the quality of his ideas. If GEJ has quality ideas too, he would jump at the chance to communicate them to the masses. Otoh, if he knows that his candidacy is more fluff/glamour than substance, then he would be taking exactly the actions he is taking now.

This is the major reason why I'm a a bit concerned by his actions. Maybe GEJ is less Obama and more the Wizard of Oz. . .all show, no substance. Let him enter the debate and demonstrate that this is not true.

fackin ibb man / atiku stooge angry angry angry

vampire in abuja feeding off the nd

[size=4pt]hey, i'm just acting as a precusor for gej's spokesman , don't mind me[/size] cheesy cheesy
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by BetaThings: 4:52pm On Dec 28, 2010
redsun:

How do we know atiku is not behind the jos bomb blast with his open threat for violence?since nigerians are making it clear that a criminal like him can't in any way be allowed again like the case of obasanjo to peddle with the affairs of nigeria.

Atiku knows he is  a loser,not even in a dumb country like afganistan will he win a presidential election.
Given what you are saying here about debates, in what way is Afghanistan more dumb than Nigeria? BTW does having a dumb president (at least given a PhD holder's reluctance to go and debate an "illiterate" and take him out  within minutes with the heavy artillery that he should have) not mean that we a re a dumb country? The Nigeria of your scheme will not even be able to stand up to Cameroon the way the Afghanis have confronted the US
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by BetaThings: 4:55pm On Dec 28, 2010
redsun:

He is probably being tutored at this moment by his american lecturers to come and talk rubbish without really understanding with he is saying,like a zombie that he is.
Let Johnathan too be tutored and show face now. Abi which kind fear they catch university lecturer
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by BetaThings: 5:04pm On Dec 28, 2010
mikeansy:

I was a fan of OBJ. But if there is anything I learnt from the OBJ years; it is that political expediency can only get you so far and will not stand the test of time. The best way to eradicate poverty, corruption, insecurity and lack of electricity in Nigeria is to stand up for what is right at all times. Unfortunately you are still stuck in the OBJ years. OBJ ways of doing things can not stand the test of time and surely GEJ will not survive with OBJ's playbook for various reasons.

Any Presidential candidate not confortable in his own skin to come out on National TV without being asked twice to defend his records or question his opponent's records is simply not worth the Nation's time.

While it is true that going forward the powers of PDP will reduce, they will still be influential in 2011 Presidential elections, so the PDP intra Presidential primaries is somewhat more important than the general elections and hence there must be PDP debates and General election debates.

Any candidates who finds excuse to run away from debates is simply not worth the country's time.
Haha. Big recant! This is the mark of a man. Look at the bunch Obj gave us - a sick president and a free rider nondescript Goodboy VP. Our problem stems in part from Obj playing God
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by BetaThings: 5:54pm On Dec 28, 2010
ADint:

I believe Jonathan will debate when the time is right - after the primaries with other presidential aspirants from other political parties! President Obama will most likely NOT debate any one from the Democratic party in 2012 to get the party's ticket! Gordon Brown, Tony Blair, George Bush as incumbents did not debate anyone from their political parties to carry on as the flag bearers of their parties. Someone mentioned Gbenga Daniels trying to organise a debate for the current aspirants for Governorship, he himself wont have engaged in any debate within his party when he was vying for a  second term in 2007!

If Yaradua was still alive today would Atiku or anyone else in the PDP be challenging him to a debate regarding the forthcoming PDP primaries?
Why not? Why do you think people may not challenge Obama or Yaradua. Please keep up with the news. And BTW Yaradua will be returning after "winning" an election for his first term. Johnathan never won an election - he just got a "scholarship" or something like a "political appointment".
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by BetaThings: 6:08pm On Dec 28, 2010
femadelim:

Nigerians are tired of presidential debate, that will not solve the problems of ordinary citizens.
We had debate in 1978,1982,1992, etc  where are the benefits.
may God help this country.
Yes, Nigerians are tired of presidents posting on facebook. In what way has that solved the problem of ordinary citizens? May God save this country from Nigerians who have pre-chosen a candidate based on sentiments and have closed their minds to facts
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by oderemo(m): 6:43pm On Dec 28, 2010
@beaf,
yor argument dont stack up now, is yor gej solving the n.d probs. And if so in what ways.
Yor man shld not be afraid atall to debate a dunce like atiku if he has d nec. Tools in the box.
Moreover , aren't we fed with cal lg any meaningful chall.on nl.illiterates?
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by BetaThings: 8:18pm On Dec 28, 2010
alj harem1:

pls  give me a reason so i can do the same
Faeb:

propa, propa, propaganda! You think Goodboy will pull of this with Anenih by his side. Tell me what Ciroma is guilty of. Under Obj, he was Finance Minister. Anenih (an ND man) was Works Minister. Who should have impacted the ND more. So where is Anenih now. Still around.
Your fanaticism about progress is paradoxical given your desperation to squelch enlightened debate. And what are these steps taken to create a modern society. Hope you know that such a society runs counter to your distaste for dissenting opinion
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by Beaf: 9:09pm On Dec 28, 2010
BetaThings:

propa, propa, propaganda! You think Goodboy will pull of this with Anenih by his side. Tell me what Ciroma is guilty of. Under Obj, he was Finance Minister. Anenih (an ND man) was Works Minister. Who should have impacted the ND more. So where is Anenih now. Still around.
Your fanaticism about progress is paradoxical given your desperation to squelch enlightened debate. And what are these steps taken to create a modern society. Hope you know that such a society runs counter to your distaste for dissenting opinion

That fanatism is what drives us to hate a system that could produce 10 million almajiri's and where a grand thief caught moving our 40 billa can run for president.
So, we are changing it. cool
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by stineb1: 11:50pm On Dec 28, 2010
All anti GEJ peeps on this forum, why dont you guys just shut your traps?you musnt respond to a comment on Nairaland.If you think its easy to get a PHD, then go to Panya for it.Otondos!
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by dinggle: 9:00am On Dec 29, 2010
Who would they be debating for?? they are both members of same party so they should go and debate for PDP members, nothing concern Nigeria with them, It is opposite aspirants that does debate to the generality of Nigerians! to ask for their votes of Nigerians.
I for one am not interested in PDP debate. If u tell me Ribadu vs GEJ or Ribadu vs Atiku ehen I will listen. PDP should knw I and many other Nigerians careless for them.
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by HamidO1(m): 10:57pm On Dec 29, 2010
stine b:

All anti GEJ peeps on this forum, why dont you guys just shut your traps?you musnt respond to a comment on Nairaland.If you think its easy to get a PHD, then go to Panya for it.Otondos!

Leading 140 million people requires more than a PHD. You need spot on managerial skills which GEJ lacks in totality. A man that can't make decisions

on his own or better still stand by his words is weak.
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by HamidO1(m): 11:04pm On Dec 29, 2010
Beaf:

That fanatism is what drives us to hate a system that could produce 10 million almajiri's and where a grand thief caught moving our 40 billa can run for president.
So, we are changing it. cool

I'm still waiting for the day Beaf starts seeing things realistically. What serious party accommodates a wanted man. GEJ is the president, why not

initiate a move to investigate Athiku if he has the balls. The man isn't capable simple. Wait and see if GEJ won't seek reconcilation with the so called

man that move 40 billa, I hope you'll have an explanation for that afterwards as usual.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tinubu Pledges To Tackle Almajiri Problem In The North / Ugwuanyi Approves Release Of Enugu Civil Servants’ 2021/2022 Promotion List / Arraignment Of Binance Executive Stalled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.