Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,954 members, 7,873,055 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:20 AM

COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying (51315 Views)

Photos: Thousands of Heavily-armed Americans Rally against COVID-19 Lockdown / How Prepared Are You For Total Lockdown In Lagos, Other Parts Of Nigeria? / Masturbate During Coronavirus Lockdown To Boost Your Immune System - Doctor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by sylve11: 9:17pm On Mar 30, 2020
This thread dey somehow. So tey them come dey advice men on what men go buy put inside house because of coro as if since na una dey advised them on how them dey use live since. Na wa o. I don't think Super Eagles need another Jo Bonfrère, them actually need money to make things happen. undecided cool

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by jonadaft: 9:17pm On Mar 30, 2020
angry
Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by Abalado(f): 9:17pm On Mar 30, 2020
Abeg what has any Muslims communities donated to the society for the kovic one nine self like the Christian did
Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by Tookool(m): 9:17pm On Mar 30, 2020
90% of Nairalanders are always complaining of lack of money
.....I'm beginning to think I'm in a gathering of broke people. That's not a good place to be at all

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by oluwasegun007(m): 9:17pm On Mar 30, 2020
Buy kuli kuli

And garri...
Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by Nobody: 9:18pm On Mar 30, 2020
We aren't prepared for this kind of war; how we gonna survive behind closed doors without somethin' to put down to our bellies? It won't happen, mothafukas!
Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by laxxy(m): 9:18pm On Mar 30, 2020
Incomplete list ....can't see beer on that list.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by aalangel(f): 9:19pm On Mar 30, 2020
RiyadhGoddess:
Hello Nairalanders, good morning and happy new week. So I heard last night that the FG has declared a total lock down on 3 states which are; Lagos, Abuja and Ogun starting today 30th march 11pm. I quite well that a number of persons will be at the market today to buy essential things needed for the 2 weeks lock down.

So I thought it's cool to share with you all some essentials needed for this period which should guide our buying.

Please note that it's just a general guide, so please feel free to customize it to your specific needs.

(1) DRY FOODS: Stock up dry foods such as grains, spaghetti, flours, yam, garri, noodles, spices, oils, cooking condiments, matches or lighter and every other kitchen necessities with long shelf life.

(2) WATER: Good supply of drinkable water cannot be over estimated at this period.

(3) FIRST AID: Store up first aid medications such as paracetamol, anti - diarrhoea medicines, mentholated spirit, cotton wool and every other functioning first aid kit.

(4) FOR KIDS: If you have children in the house, don't forget to store up snacks, drinks and toys or games for them.

(5) HYGIENE: Ensure that all things needed for your general sanitization and personal hygiene are not compromised. Things like sanitary pads, tissue papers, bathing soaps, tooth brush, shaving creams or sticks, tooth paste, washing soaps, detergents, bleach, vinegar, masks, gloves, sanitizer, body creams, water for laundry and bathing.

(6) CONNECTION: Remember to stay connected! Ensure to pay your utility, internet connection, airtime and cable bills.

(7) CASH: Have accessible physical cash and credited debit cards at home so you don't get stranded when you run out of supplies.

(cool RECREATION: Stock up on relaxation games either board games or cards, movies and music.

(9) SPIRITUAL FOOD: Most importantly, stock up food for your SPIRIT. Spiritual books, tapes, worship compilations, anointing oil and communion items i.e communion bread or wafers and wine.

(10) Now that you have all these, do remember to stay at home, stay safe, wash more, pray more and panic less!

God Bless You
Shile.

For.what now? Is it a war....Please, please, please!!!!!
Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by gift2xl: 9:21pm On Mar 30, 2020
Let me send u my account no for transfer.
Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by Norabay(f): 9:21pm On Mar 30, 2020
I have money for food stuff
Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by Chuknovski(m): 9:21pm On Mar 30, 2020
thanks OP nice write up

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by Excuzeme: 9:23pm On Mar 30, 2020
frankblinkz:
As it stands now, even in the midst of this pandemic,if I'm granted free visa to China,I swear I will still go.....
Imagine a country where we re roughly estimated to be #250million Nigerians.... even if they share #1million each to every Nigerian to sit at home,it will not shake the country's account, okay ...so far we have donations of #18billion or more from NNPC and other business Moguls,they can disburse this money to every Nigerian with our BVN and look for means to reach onto those without bank account...yet they are deliberating on how much to give us,#the rumoured 10k seems an impossible mission..
LAsLaS na Hunger go kill Nigerians pass this dreaded virus..

Majority of the donated funds will be looted and that is why most people and churches dont want ot gve cash but needed products.
Las Las, these criminals in Govt will hoard and sell-off those items donated as well.

It is happening at the IDP Camp and we all remember how Babachir Lawal stole the money of the IDP's and used it to "cut grass" insde his bank account! undecided
Soldiers have been stealing and selling items meant for displaced people in the NE and for the Ikeja Bomb blast Victims, nor be today.

How difficult is it to transfer just 20K into people's account and let them buy something before the lockdown begins?
Nigerian leaders are just so evil nd corrupt, Corona Virus is gonna sort them out for us.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by pauleotraco: 9:23pm On Mar 30, 2020
where is the money?
Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by AroOkigbo(m): 9:23pm On Mar 30, 2020
We all know what and what to buy. ..the main issue is "where is the money to buy them"?
Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by Kenmatt(m): 9:25pm On Mar 30, 2020
No body that doesn't know what he or she needs in this point in time. The bottom line is the money. Where is the money?
Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by Trutherme: 9:25pm On Mar 30, 2020
ConnectedMan:
I have so much fried meat at home you would think im about to throw a party

Contact me for your art work / graphics design. ..

You look like the type that will charge me 100k for one art work. If not, I for dey interested cheesy

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by fatymore(f): 9:25pm On Mar 30, 2020
Come and see panic buying.

I got to my supplier , no keremi rice again...

No drum beans....

People were buying as if the whole world would shut down...

May God heal the world...

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by Nobody: 9:25pm On Mar 30, 2020
Good advice. Don't forget to fill your gas cylinder, and recharge your phone so you can subscribe for more data.

Keeping cash at home may just make one spend unnecessarily though. Better to keep it in an account and keep your ATM handy.

Download some challenging exercise videos from youtube and bring out your sports shoes for some workout to keep fit. If you have gym equipment at home, all the better.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by greggng: 9:28pm On Mar 30, 2020
RiyadhGoddess:
Hello Nairalanders, good morning and happy new week. So I heard last night that the FG has declared a total lock down on 3 states which are; Lagos, Abuja and Ogun starting today 30th march 11pm. I quite well that a number of persons will be at the market today to buy essential things needed for the 2 weeks lock down.

So I thought it's cool to share with you all some essentials needed for this period which should guide our buying.

Please note that it's just a general guide, so please feel free to customize it to your specific needs.

(1) DRY FOODS: Stock up dry foods such as grains, spaghetti, flours, yam, garri, noodles, spices, oils, cooking condiments, matches or lighter and every other kitchen necessities with long shelf life.

(2) WATER: Good supply of drinkable water cannot be over estimated at this period.

(3) FIRST AID: Store up first aid medications such as paracetamol, anti - diarrhoea medicines, mentholated spirit, cotton wool and every other functioning first aid kit.

(4) FOR KIDS: If you have children in the house, don't forget to store up snacks, drinks and toys or games for them.

(5) HYGIENE: Ensure that all things needed for your general sanitization and personal hygiene are not compromised. Things like sanitary pads, tissue papers, bathing soaps, tooth brush, shaving creams or sticks, tooth paste, washing soaps, detergents, bleach, vinegar, masks, gloves, sanitizer, body creams, water for laundry and bathing.

(6) CONNECTION: Remember to stay connected! Ensure to pay your utility, internet connection, airtime and cable bills.

(7) CASH: Have accessible physical cash and credited debit cards at home so you don't get stranded when you run out of supplies.

(cool RECREATION: Stock up on relaxation games either board games or cards, movies and music.

(9) SPIRITUAL FOOD: Most importantly, stock up food for your SPIRIT. Spiritual books, tapes, worship compilations, anointing oil and communion items i.e communion bread or wafers and wine.

(10) Now that you have all these, do remember to stay at home, stay safe, wash more, pray more and panic less!

God Bless You
Shile.

What about some of us that has no money to stock food?
Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by SEGLIZ: 9:28pm On Mar 30, 2020
RiyadhGoddess:

God Bless You
Shile.

what a well done job here.
where have being all these while?

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by West2019(m): 9:29pm On Mar 30, 2020
to eat today na very big prb for me ,I dnt really knw what to eat tomorrow now may God help us
Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by MrNipplesLover(m): 9:30pm On Mar 30, 2020
Op, you forget to add bedroom partners, at least for us single guys.

well, my babe on her way, though. should have been here since but she says there is traffic everywhere, which I also confirm.

that's how to roll. wink

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by Acidosis(m): 9:31pm On Mar 30, 2020
And this got here at 9pm? What are we supposed to do with this at this hour?

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by frankblinkz(m): 9:31pm On Mar 30, 2020
nurez305:
lol, 1million each because you are told to stay at home grin grin grin

If they release you to the street, can someone like you even make 50k in 2 weeks.... no be only 1million , na 1billion
I have more than #1m bro....I'm a Hustler....I'm just saying EVEN if they share #1miion each,its like a pinch from the donated funds......
I also said the rumoured 10k seems impossible....are we bigger than USA that's giving it's citizen $1000 or more
Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by Sirmuel1(m): 9:31pm On Mar 30, 2020
Tookool:
90% of Nairalanders are always complaining of lack of money
.....I'm beginning to think I'm in a gathering of broke people. That's not a good place to be at all

cheesy This is funny cheesy

Don't be deceived. Some People here are just catching fun. Nothing serious. There are some Celebrities, Politicians and many rich Dudes here. Whatever they write here is just for fun.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by Kokoebapluse(m): 9:32pm On Mar 30, 2020
cheesy where is the money to buy them?
Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by Nobody: 9:32pm On Mar 30, 2020
RiyadhGoddess:
Hello Nairalanders, good morning and happy new week.

God Bless You
Shile.
OP you did well but it's coming late. It was better doing this before the announcement on lockdown.
The rush now no be here and you can expect hiked prices.
Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by zicoraads: 9:32pm On Mar 30, 2020
Last last...this thing na scam. grin cheesy

No matter how many things you buy, there'll still be a need to go out... something you didn't envisage.
Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by Eastornprince: 9:33pm On Mar 30, 2020
All these things you mentioned are so expensive now.

I bought 20 tubers of yam today for 1.5k each.
Tiv yam market, Alaba, Lagos
More than double the real price

Rice 31k per bag. I got one bag.

All the price hike will most likely stay so after the lock down
Things never ocme down

Nigeria isn't kind to itself.
Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by ConnectedMan: 9:34pm On Mar 30, 2020
Trutherme:

You look like the type that will charge me 100k for one art work. If not, I for dey interested cheesy

My oga, we know say everywhere tight so corona price sef dey grin
Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying by Nobody: 9:34pm On Mar 30, 2020
Lol, where the foodstuff dey cef? It's either traders don't show up or some people have carried everything. What you'll get in your backyard isn't even in the market.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town / Tick Borne Virus Spreads In China. / 5 Ways To Cure Mouth Odour In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.