Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,493 members, 7,892,031 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 03:29 AM

Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun (13751 Views)

PDP Wins Aba North And Isialangwa South Constituency Election Rerun / Southern Ijaw Election Rerun....#bayelsaDecides Updates. / APC Will Not Participate In Idemili Election Rerun In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by otokx(m): 4:57pm On Jan 06, 2011
Some of the Youth corpers are just out to make money especially the non indigenes.
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by Abagworo(m): 5:02pm On Jan 06, 2011
This will be a tip of the iceberg of Presidential election.PDP might want to rig and defeat DPP but I predict a war in Delta if they do it.
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by IVORY2009(m): 5:06pm On Jan 06, 2011
Who is leading Pdp or dpp
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by bombay: 5:07pm On Jan 06, 2011
My brother if pdp try am no be small blood go flow.
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by sonya4all(m): 5:08pm On Jan 06, 2011
the election has been peaceful here in delta north.though in d mornin/a friend called to say people wher running at agbor but i didnt get the ful report because my credit finish(afterall una no give me credit.Lol).But here in umunede,the election was free and fair,and i wish it'll be like this during the nationwide election,pdp,won in umunede,because d poling stations i visited had pdp winnin ther,only abt 2 stations were won by Dpp.And i witnessed firsthand,how all the market women were induced with 500,and rice for them 2 vote pdp.Even my grandmama,got some doe.P.S.I thought dey drafted 23,000,police men 2 delta,but i didnt see any armed cops,p.S.S.Though ive nt visited a poling boot before,but i can say dat this election here was thug free.Monye c.Reporting for nairaland.
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jan 06, 2011
In my area here at Sedco Road, Enerhen, Warri. the ballot box has just been snatched by armed PDP thugs. It happened in my presence. The policemen who were around were busy eating buns and drinking pepsi while this was happening.
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by bombay: 5:25pm On Jan 06, 2011
exit interviews here suggest that DPP made a great surge and stand a fair chance. But we wait for the big picture.

E go red well well this night if them say na pdp win o
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by bombay: 5:28pm On Jan 06, 2011
Sunday Erharuyi 353830, police officer, misbehaving during d elections, stuffing ballot boxes in Pessu's house
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by bombay: 5:29pm On Jan 06, 2011
"Ballot box, corper and police kidnapped and taken away in black Toyota LandCruiser reg number TP 887 KJA
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by bombay: 5:33pm On Jan 06, 2011
General Opinion in Oshimili North LG is that DPP won.
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by chidexy(m): 5:35pm On Jan 06, 2011
bombay:

E go red well well this night if them say na pdp win o

@ Bombay, so you are ready to shed blood if your candidate isn't declared the winner? There are well over 3200 polling units in Delta, and if DPP wins in the area you are monitoring doesn't mean the party will win the governorship election. So reserve the knife you've sharpened to shed blood for the next christmas. It is people like you who are intolerant that are the problem we have in Nigeria
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by PapaBrowne(m): 5:35pm On Jan 06, 2011
Most of the reports here are from Delta Central which happens to be the only place where Ogboru has a chance of winning. Delta south and Delta North would be swept by the PDP. The problem however is that, even after Uduaghan has visibly won the elections free and fair, his opponents in Delta central which have this funny impression that Delta starts and ends in their domain would go ahead to forment trouble. You can already see that attitude from the likes of Bombay.
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jan 06, 2011
We Deltans know that Uduaghan stands no chance of winning.If he wins by jibiti then Jonathan and Jega should consider themselves enemies of Deltans. Uduaghan and I are from the same ethnic group but, for christ sake we need a change. The Ibori dynasty has plundered and looted our treasury enough.
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by blacksta(m): 5:45pm On Jan 06, 2011
BREAKING: Jonathan's men back Ogboru

The rerun governorship election in Delta State has been generally peaceful, but the race itself is a tough call between the top two contenders, Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan (PDP), who is a former governor of the state, and his challenger, Chief Great Ogboru (DPP)

THISDAY reporters observed that key associates of President Goodluck Jonathan (PDP) are working for the success of Ogboru, fuelling speculations that the president's public rally for Uduaghan on Tuesday was just a facade.

Minister of the Niger Delta, Chief Godsday Orubebe, was very prominent in canvassing support for Ogboru, whose victory at the courts led to the cancellation of the 2007 election and the ordering of a rerun.

There was heavy security presence everywhere, leading to optimism that there would be no outbreak of violence.

But many would-be voters complained that their names were not in the voter register, but the general reports indicate that the process was fairly transparent and devoid of intimidation and manipulation.

Uduaghan's running mate, Professor Amos Utuama (SAN), commended the peaceful conduct of the polls after voting at 12.53 pm at Unit 4 of Jeremi Ward in Ughelli South Local Government Area
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by blacksta(m): 5:45pm On Jan 06, 2011
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by shinaidowu: 5:48pm On Jan 06, 2011
@tosag
So u tink Ogboru and tilije are not going to plunder the treasury if they win? Go find out wetin tilije do to fortune bank?
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by bombay: 5:52pm On Jan 06, 2011
Guys i have no candidate all i want is a free and fair election .If uduaghan should win free and fair no quams but to rig the election process is not acceptable at all.
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by dayokanu(m): 5:54pm On Jan 06, 2011
bombay:

Massive rigging at Oghara under the very eyes of the police. Youth corpers seem compromised.

tosag:

In my area here at Sedco Road, Enerhen, Warri. the ballot box has just been snatched by armed PDP thugs. It happened in my presence. The policemen who were around were busy eating buns and drinking pepsi while this was happening.

bombay:

All ballot boxes snatched by PDP are about to be taken to INEC office fully loaded with ballot papers."

Free and Fair elections from GEJ. Can we thank our PhD president
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by dababex: 5:58pm On Jan 06, 2011
Everyone keeps saying under my very own eyes, so them no get camera phone to take snap the evidence? even if the picture is taken from afar at least let us see something,

giving out a hearsay info is not the best now,
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by Olaedo1: 5:58pm On Jan 06, 2011
Looks like Jonathan's camp is trying to pitch fake news of since their man Uduaghan is losing. grin

[size=15pt]BREAKING: Jonathan's men back Ogboru[/size]

06 Jan 2011

The rerun governorship election in Delta State has been generally peaceful, but the race itself is a tough call between the top two contenders, Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan (PDP), who is a former governor of the state, and his challenger, Chief Great Ogboru (DPP)

THISDAY reporters observed that key associates of President Goodluck Jonathan (PDP) are working for the success of Ogboru, fuelling speculations that the president's public rally for Uduaghan on Tuesday was just a facade.

Minister of the Niger Delta, Chief Godsday Orubebe, was very prominent in canvassing support for Ogboru, whose victory at the courts led to the cancellation of the 2007 election and the ordering of a rerun.

There was heavy security presence everywhere, leading to optimism that there would be no outbreak of violence.

But many would-be voters complained that their names were not in the voter register, but the general reports indicate that the process was fairly transparent and devoid of intimidation and manipulation.

Uduaghan's running mate, Professor Amos Utuama (SAN), commended the peaceful conduct of the polls after voting at 12.53 pm at Unit 4 of Jeremi Ward in Ughelli South Local Government Area.

He commended the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and the various security agencies for the orderly manner voters conducted themselves.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by bombay: 5:58pm On Jan 06, 2011
Ogboru is leading in Delta North while Uduaghan is leading in Delta South.
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 06, 2011
Na wa oh, you are close enough to get plate numbers, names on tags but not a single picture just words, a picture is worth more than 100000 of these allegations. One picture please
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by shinaidowu: 6:07pm On Jan 06, 2011
aisha2:

Na wa oh, you are close enough to get plate numbers, names on tags but not a single picture just words, a picture is worth more than 100000 of these allegations. One picture please

There is no crime against looking but take person pixture na that time u go know hafar.
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by duality(m): 6:11pm On Jan 06, 2011
i think reports here are becoming sentimental.
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by chidexy(m): 6:11pm On Jan 06, 2011
If Orubebe (I guess he alone represents the President's men) is supporting Great Ogboru, so what! That he's GEJ's minister doesn't mean he has to support whoever the president is supporting politically? It could well be that Ogboru and Orubebe are from the same ethnic stock. Such primordial affiliations are stronger than party affiliation
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by duality(m): 6:13pm On Jan 06, 2011
i think reports here are becoming sentimental.
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by dababex: 6:15pm On Jan 06, 2011
reporting against any candidate doesnt assure you that your own candidate will win, as far as i am concerned, bombay,  this elections have been decided so stop wasting you precious time reporting fake news, if you want us to believe you, then take a picture and post for us all to see, seeing is believing you know
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by sochan: 6:21pm On Jan 06, 2011
@Tosag,

My broda, make una small small. I almost laff fall when I read yyour post below

Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 06, 2011
dababex:

reporting against any candidate doesnt assure you that your own candidate will win, as far as i am concerned, bombay, this elections have been decided so stop wasting you precious time reporting fake news, if you want us to believe you, then take a picture and post for us all to see, seeing is believing you know
dababex:

reporting against any candidate doesnt assure you that your own candidate will win, as far as i am concerned, bombay, this elections have been decided so stop wasting you precious time reporting fake news, if you want us to believe you, then take a picture and post for us all to see, seeing is believing you know
I tire oh, haba, must you annouce to the world that you are taking a picture? pretend as if you are making a call and set ur phone well
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jan 06, 2011
@ Aisha2 how can you think of taking picture when everybody is running for cover to avoid being hit by a stray bullet?
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jan 06, 2011
Beaf where u dey? You don vote? Please update us on the delta election
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by wesley80(m): 6:33pm On Jan 06, 2011
Over here in Effurun, DPP won handr down. In my polling station it was PDP (Including my vote) 30 and DPP 350. I personally visited 2 other centres and DPP won by a large margin. I've seen the result from about 12 centres here in Eff and the closest I've seen is like DPP 200 and PDP 23. And I have to add that not a single incident has been reported so far and thats some feat!. The atmosphere here is healthy with PDP supporters like me being laughed to scorn, but what worries me is that most seem 2 believe Ogboru winning Warri amounts to winning d entire Delta state)so u guys can 4give Bombay, its not his fault). folks r already drinkin and women were dancing in stations as d results were called. Ogboru has huge support, but i think he fell just a lil bit short.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

El'rufai Accuses President Jonathan Of Partnering With Boko Haram / Grazing Bill Passes First Reading In The Senate - Vanguard / FRSC Command In Akwa Ibom Flooded After Heavy Rainfall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.