Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,847 members, 7,872,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:31 PM

Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions - Politics (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions (33167 Views)

Thanks For Finding Me Worthy’, Gbajabiamila Tells Tinubu After CoS Appointment / Obidients, Thanks For Making Tinubu President! / Presidency Reacts To EU Submissions On 2019 Polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Ayekotoo(m): 11:02pm On May 19, 2020
darfay:

No Yoruba in Delta state

I'm not sure You know the Meaning of the title called OLU. just as we have Olu of warri, there's Olu of Ikeja, Oluwo of Iwo, Olugbo of ugboland et all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by darfay: 11:02pm On May 19, 2020
forgiveness:

The whole wide world knows Warri belongs to Itshekiris just like Bakassi belongs to Cameroun.

Pray Nigeria remains one else Agbassa and all the lands taken by force by Ijaws will be taken without firing a bullet just like Bakassi was taken without a bullet but if dem want dem fit challenge world court. grin

Take back illorin first from Fulani

2 Likes

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Mystiquefia: 11:03pm On May 19, 2020
Nowenuse:

Aniomas have produce more successful people than Urhobos. This one cannot be argued.

But Urhobos have still done fairly well in their own way.

More succesful people in human resources, yes
but not in politics, sports or even entertainment.
Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Sunshineg5(m): 11:04pm On May 19, 2020
Nowenuse:

See, abeg, I am allergic to people with..low intelligence.
Did I tell you thatddi Kwararafan conquest of Igala land is in that link?

Abeg, I only engage intelligent people with something upstairs.
One thing I hate in my life is the fact that you are a dishonest person with very high sense of self worth.

You are actually the least intelligent person I have ever interacted with on this forum..

The genesis of our argument was about your imaginary conquest of an Akoto group by people of Kwararafa to establish a new tribe called Igala

Now the king in your source claims that the Igala were actually a tribe established before the Yorubas. He claimed Igala and igbos were first ethnic groups in Southern Nigeria

So where does your Conquest story factor in all of these?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by darfay: 11:07pm On May 19, 2020
Nowenuse:

Has there been any official figures for Urhobo population before? Apart from those of the colonial era?

Urhobo Indigenes of Warri south are up to half of the LGAs Indigenes, yes. But Warri south (Warri urban proper) itself does not really have much indigenes. The Indigenes are few in numbers.
Do u think Agbassa & Okere-Urhobo Indigenes are significant enough to cause a significant change to Urhobo numbers? I don't think so.

I'm not talking of indigenous population but rather cosmopolitan population, just like lagos cosmopolitan population is majority Yoruba, indegenious lagos Yoruba people are very extremely hard to come by, infact I only met few in the University because catchment

I'm talking of the cosmopolitan population of warri in warri south as being made up of a very vast and significant urhobo population which is outside urhobo zone and often not included
Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Mystiquefia: 11:09pm On May 19, 2020
Parisian:
Urhobo owns comedy in Nigeria and that's a fact.

Alibaba
Igodye
Gordons
Igosave
McJollof
Bovi Ugboma and many others i can't remember.

In nollywood
Fred and Jeta Amata,
Zep Ejiro
Chico Ejiro
RMD

In sports you didn't mention
Efe Ajagba
Wellington Jighere (scrabble champion)
Endurance Oduduru (I never eserrerrit)

These are just the ones i can remember now. That we're not noise makers don't mean we don't have people.

Nice One grin

2 Likes

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by darfay: 11:11pm On May 19, 2020
Ayekotoo:

I'm not sure You know the Meaning of the title called OLU. just as we have Olu of warri, there's Olu of Ikeja, Oluwo of Iwo, Olugbo of ugboland et all.

Olu of ikeja? Didn't even know and I live in Lagos.lol Yoruba people and their insignificant Kings sef with that being said

No Yoruba in Delta State

1 Like

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Sunshineg5(m): 11:11pm On May 19, 2020
forgiveness:

You got wait tire. Na Nairaland evidence em get. kkkkk grin
The low IQ idiot thinks pulling statistics straight from his arse is what is called intelligence grin

The hateful little twit actually thinks he is better than everyone.

He thinks being hateful and full of bitter emotions would save his people from the slutter house in the hands of their Fulani over lord. cheesy

He even once said UI is not the first university in Nigeria.

Pathetic! cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by forgiveness: 11:13pm On May 19, 2020
Plus10:

Are you high...which court?

SUPREME COURT OF NIGERIA. grin
Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Mystiquefia: 11:14pm On May 19, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
Till tomorrow Urhobo are not the largest in Delta state forget what you hear from people. If you believe that Urhobo people are the largest then ijaw are the 4th largest in Nigeria according to their claim too.If a proper census is conducted today with out adding isoko as Urhobo you will know that it all lies

you too like yeye argument u chioma vanessa. Most people on this thread agree that urhobos are the majority tribe in delta state, both outsiders and the internet. just move on.. DOH! grin

2 Likes

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by senatordave1(m): 11:15pm On May 19, 2020
Nowenuse:

Ilaje people are settlers in Warri LGAs. There is no Indigenous town in Delta state that identify as Ilaje or have an Ilaje monarch.

Ugborodo people do not submit to the leadership of the Olu of Warri, however, they have never for once denied being Itsekiris.

I love ugborodo people,The home of omatsola of big brother.they gave buhari 24,000 votes,the highest by a ward in southern nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by senatordave1(m): 11:19pm On May 19, 2020
Nowenuse:

You are really trying hard to project Yoruba interests into Delta state. Good of you.
Itsekiris are not up to 1 million in Number. At most 500k.
They are the smallest ethnic group in Delta state among the 5. They can hardly have up to 10% of Delta state. From my calculations, I will give them 8% of Delta state.

And mind you, who are the Yorubas you are talking of in Delta state? Ilajes are settlers in Warri LGAs. Ugborodo people are Itsekiris, they have never denied that. They only reject the Olu crown.

Of course, the day Itsekiris accept being called Yoruba, then that day the whole world accepts it.

Itsekiris knew that they did not have the numbers to compete with the Urhobos, Benins, Ijaws and Aniomas in a new Midwest state, that was why some wanted to remain in the Western region where Awo favored and protected them over others by virtue of them being Yoruba speakers.

Itsekiris are a Yoruba speaking people just like Igalas, but I wonder why Yorubas are not interested in Igalas, but always Itsekiri.

Sorry,itsekiris outnumber isokos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Ayekotoo(m): 11:20pm On May 19, 2020
Nowenuse:

Itsekiris have not come out to officially tell the world that they are Yorubas.
Go to Warri and address Itsekiris as Yorubas (95% of them reject it).

Sam Omaseye, Editor - in-chief, The Nation Newspaper has never denied being Yoruba.

Oritse Femi has never denied being of Yoruba subgroup.

Omawunmi speaks her Itsekiri dialect with Kenny Ogungbe of Kennis Fm who happens to be an Ijebu man often.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by forgiveness: 11:24pm On May 19, 2020
Nowenuse:

There is no town in Delta state that is indigenously Ilaje. If there is pls mention that town.

Ilajes are settlers in Delta state.

Olukumis are of Yoruba origin, but they are surrounded by Igbo settlements and have been heavily Igbonized. They now identify as Enuani, Anioma or Delta Igbos and not Yoruba.
Infact, the time Olukumis left the west, there was nothing like pan Yoruba identity at that time.

What were the Itsekiri leaders doing openly in a Yoruba Conference if they have not come out to officially tell the world they are Yorubas? grin

Yoruba leaders endorse agenda for conference
February 28, 2014
FacebookTwitterPinterestLinkedInWhatsAppEmail

Yoruba leaders, groups and traditional rulers converged yesterday in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital and ratified the agenda to be presented at the National Conference.

They unanimously took a hard stance against any delegate of Yoruba extraction who advocates positions contrary to the popular agenda.

The ratification took place at the Grand Yoruba Summit held at the House of Chiefs in the Parliament Building of the Oyo State House of Assembly.

The summit was organised by the Yoruba Agenda Committee, chaired by Chief Olu Falae.

Gen. Alani Akinrinade (rtd) is the committee’s vice-chairman. The secretary is Dr. Kunle Olajide.

Leaders of thought from Edo, Kogi and Kwara states attended the summit. The Itsekiri in Delta State were represented by a delegation, led by Mrs. Rita Lori Ogbebor.

They took their turns to voice their concern for the Yoruba nation in Nigeria and endorsed the 15-page document.

https://thenationonlineng.net/yoruba-leaders-endorse-agenda-for-conference/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Ayekotoo(m): 11:31pm On May 19, 2020
senatordave1:

Yorubas dont have anything in common with Igala people. In Kogi, Kabba is the only Yoruba subgroup
Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Mystiquefia: 11:31pm On May 19, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
This communities are under Delta state oil producing area development commission plus Ndokwa east and West local government and ukwuani local government, come down to Delta state I will drive you personally to those places

u sabi drive? u this small girl.
Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by darfay: 11:32pm On May 19, 2020
Mystiquefia:

u sabi drive? u this small girl.

Just marry that babe na grin grin grin
Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Mystiquefia: 11:33pm On May 19, 2020
darfay:

I'm sure the isoko part of ndokwa East has a reasonable chunk
You're Right About this one grin
Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Ayekotoo(m): 11:33pm On May 19, 2020
darfay:

Olu of ikeja? Didn't even know and I live in Lagos.lol Yoruba people and their insignificant Kings sef with that being said

No Yoruba in Delta State

Olu of Ikeja is richer and influential than your first class king.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by darfay: 11:33pm On May 19, 2020
senatordave1:

What Local governments are you majority in again?
Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by darfay: 11:35pm On May 19, 2020
Ayekotoo:

Olu of Ikeja is richer and influential than your first class king.

you can shove his crown in both your asses

1 Like

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Mystiquefia: 11:36pm On May 19, 2020
darfay:

Just marry that babe na grin grin grin

i used to think She's matured lady in middle 20's until she revealed that she's under 22. na child abuse for me, bros grin
Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Nobody: 11:36pm On May 19, 2020
Mystiquefia:
..Because Just as Niger-deltan States receive more allocation from FAAC revenue, oil producing local governments also receive more at JOINT ACCOUNT MEETINGS between states and local government. So you see why Anioma is no different from the north for instance? They produce less resources Like the North and just as the british programmed the north to benefit more from Nigeria, The aniomas are programmed by the North to benefit more and be spoon fed with the resources of Delta Central And Delta South.
ordinarily if absolute resource control were to be practiced and LGA,s financed themselves and are not spoon fed like it is today, most LGA's in the north wont be able to survive like in anioma. Infact creation of More Lgas in regions with less resources, human capital development and IGR Would Amount To creation of more Liabilitys.

No Wonder They Call You Delta "north", Because You're just as parasitic as your Masters in far away north. grin
you're just so ignorant. Only Aniocha and Oshimili are not drilling their oil. Oil was discovered in Ubulu Uku in commercial quantity even before Oloibiri. Two local governments in Agbor and the Ukwuani people have oil.

2 Likes

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by darfay: 11:37pm On May 19, 2020
nineone:
you're just so ignorant. Only Aniocha and Oshimili are not drilling their oil. Oil was discovered in Ubulu Uku in commercial quantity even before Oloibiri. Two local governments in Agbor and the Ukwuani people have oil.

So are they in Desopadec?
Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by senatordave1(m): 11:38pm On May 19, 2020
darfay:

What Local governments are you majority in again?
Warri north and warri south west.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by darfay: 11:39pm On May 19, 2020
Mystiquefia:

i used to think She's matured lady in middle 20's until she revealed that she's under 22. na child abuse for me, bros grin

Oga age is just a number joor
Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by darfay: 11:40pm On May 19, 2020
senatordave1:

Warri north and warri south west.

Hahaha

Which warri south west? The one ijaw controls?

Share share, what local government do you exclusively in this world? None

Itsekiri is the smallest joor

2 Likes

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by forgiveness: 11:45pm On May 19, 2020
Nowenuse:

There is no town in Delta state that is indigenously Ilaje. If there is pls mention that town.

Ilajes are settlers in Delta state.

Olukumis are of Yoruba origin, but they are surrounded by Igbo settlements and have been heavily Igbonized. They now identify as Enuani, Anioma or Delta Igbos and not Yoruba.
Infact, the time Olukumis left the west, there was nothing like pan Yoruba identity at that time.

Olukumis don't identify as Enuani, Anomia or Delta Igbo. Stop lying. grin

Abi you sabi pass de king? grin

“We are a Yoruba speaking community and the name of our language is Oloku mi,” she disclosed. [/b]Finally the king, H.R.M. Ayo Isinyemeze, the Oloza (Obi) of Ugbodu, met the desire of the writer. The youthful looking, handsome royal father explained. According to the monarch who is also the chairman of the Traditional Rulers Council in Aniocha North, the Ugbodu Oluku mi speaking people migrated from Owo/Akure axis in the current day Ondo State between 9th and 11th Century AD to settle down in Benin during the reign of King Ogiso of Benin.My children all bear Oluku mi names. I think there is renaissance, an effort of going back to our roots.

So, most of the children being born these days are named Oloku mi names.

According to Adebowale: “The real Oluku mi is like the Yoruba that is spoken in Owo in Ondo State. Someone from that place is expected to understand the language perfectly. I am an Oluku mi man and I am proud of my language.

https://ukpuru.tumblr.com/post/115435435597/far-from-home-yoruba-community-makes-home-in

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Nobody: 11:46pm On May 19, 2020
darfay:

So are they in Desopadec?
of course. Do you think Urhobo has more oil than Ndokwa and Ukwuani? Even the two local government that makes up the Ika people of Agbor have been drilling their oil. Pan Ocean is very much on ground in Agbor, Abavo, Owa and Ute Okpu. Go find out

2 Likes

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by darfay: 11:48pm On May 19, 2020
nineone:
of course. Do you think Urhobo has more oil than Ndokwa and Ukwuani? Even the two local government that makes up the Ika people of Agbor have been drilling their oil. Pan Ocean is very much on ground in Agbor, Abavo, Owa and Ute Okpu. Go find out

You are not worth my time

Next!!

1 Like

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by darfay: 11:49pm On May 19, 2020
forgiveness:

They don't identify as Enuani, Anomia ao Delta Igbo. Stop lying. grin

Abi you sabi pass de king? grin

[b]“We are a Yoruba speaking community and the name of our language is Oloku mi,” she disclosed. [/b]Finally the king, H.R.M. Ayo Isinyemeze, the Oloza (Obi) of Ugbodu, met the desire of the writer. The youthful looking, handsome royal father explained. According to the monarch who is also the chairman of the Traditional Rulers Council in Aniocha North, the Ugbodu Oluku mi speaking people migrated from Owo/Akure axis in the current day Ondo State between 9th and 11th Century AD to settle down in Benin during the reign of King Ogiso of Benin.My children all bear Oluku mi names. I think there is renaissance, an effort of going back to our roots.

So, most of the children being born these days are named Oloku mi names.

According to Adebowale: “The real Oluku mi is like the Yoruba that is spoken in Owo in Ondo State. Someone from that place is expected to understand the language perfectly. I am an Oluku mi man and I am proud of my language.

https://ukpuru.tumblr.com/post/115435435597/far-from-home-yoruba-community-makes-home-in

All this one because of oyel nawa o

1 Like

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Nobody: 11:53pm On May 19, 2020
darfay:

You are not worth my time

Next!!
alright. I've given facts. You can debunk any of them with proof. Although I don't have time for such useless arguments, I might spare a little to skim through.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (52) (Reply)

I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun / #AtikuIsComing vs #AtikuBusted Trend Over Impending Tribunal Judgement / 433,000 Nigerians, Businesses To Get N50,000, N30,000 Each – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.